Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

i m i the Wifi Club thing...and i dont see anyone.

Err I am new to this whole WiFi trading thing.

I go downstairs and to the middle lady right?

Well...i m in there and i selected the trade room and all its saying is that I am seeking participants.

X: Is Skarmory really that good of a Pokemon? It looks kinda slow, and the only thing it really has going for it at all is its really high defense.

How about Togekiss? Or Aerodactyl?

[quote name='Moxio']X: Is Skarmory really that good of a Pokemon? It looks kinda slow, and the only thing it really has going for it at all is its really high defense.

How about Togekiss? Or Aerodactyl?[/quote]
You cant go wrong with Togekiss or Aerodactyl

oops that wasnt meant for me... well umm... *whistles casually*

[quote name='Moxio']X: Is Skarmory really that good of a Pokemon? It looks kinda slow, and the only thing it really has going for it at all is its really high defense.

How about Togekiss? Or Aerodactyl?[/quote]Yeah, AFAIK it's considered as one of the best in the Flying class (aside from Legendaries and the Dragon/Flying combos) and a top-tier Pokemon. It's usually used as a Physical Wall because it can take the hits while handing out decent damage in return with few weaknesses.

The only problem I've ever had with Aerodactyl is that his Defense/Special Defense stats make it rather fragile. As long as it has the Speed advantage over the opposing Pokemon, it fairs well as an attacker.

Togekiss is good, especially since it has a huge movepool to choose from. Also, it's really hard to take down with just one or two moves. If you can use a move to boost it's Special Attack (i.e. Nasty Plot), then it can tear through a lot of Pokemon/teams. Even though it's previous evolutions stink, Togekiss isn't anything to sneeze at.

OK - I am so new at the Pokemon series that I have the dumbest question in the world. Do you have to capture a Pokemon in order to complete the PokeDex? Or, can I just battle one in the wild and have it considered added?

I know, don't flame me for the lame question.

[quote name='Poomba']OK - I am so new at the Pokemon series that I have the dumbest question in the world. Do you have to capture a Pokemon in order to complete the PokeDex? Or, can I just battle one in the wild and have it considered added?

I know, don't flame me for the lame question.[/quote]

As long as you see it, battlewise, talk to a pokemon next to its trainer. It will be added to your pokedex. You do not have to capture it to be added into the pokedex

[quote name='Filler2001']Ill be playing FireRed today, give me a time I can expect you to be on tomorrow through PM[/quote]

I will be on tonite at between 6pm est to about 11pm est for you filler and anyone else that wants to trade. I have all starters and can breed pokemon you need. 2moro same time Filler.

I need TM's and some pokemon traded from one version to the other.
I also need someone to teach my Espeon some moves for me.

PM me if you wanna trade and what you need.
DOnt add any of my FC until you PM so I know what you need and which game and FC i will need.

Ok
My Pearl code that has all the pokemon that are super strong but hacked is
Chris- 4168 0602 2401

first im giving filler an Arecus the my friend on Friendcodes.com a Shayman, but after that the other pokemon are a first com e first served. Just PM what you need and we will see if its on there. But remember I want TM's for these pokemon another version. Keep that in mind b4 you PM me.

SL4IN will you be on tonite, i need to trade some pokemon and get some TM's.

THX A BUNCH

ADriley: I need an Arceus, latios, shaymin, Groudon, and munchalx

keep in mind: i have all TMs/HMs for Platinum so i can attach it to the weak pokemon i trade you.

My FC is in My sig. PM me with your FC whenever your ready to trade and we're both on.

Does anybody wanna help me Evolve my Porygon? I already have the up-grade and the dubious disc, i just need someone to trade. :) (we'll have to trade twice and ill have to leave the room to equip the dubious disc real quick)

Faz i dont have an Arecus because i promise the last one to Filler, sorry.
And i dont have those other pokemon.
Ill post a list of what I hvae in the future for everyone.

And to Jerimaih I will add you and be in the wifi room in 20 minutes. Add my platinum code so i can get those on my platinum pokedex please.

[quote name='adriley313']Faz i dont have an Arecus because i promise the last one to Filler, sorry.
And i dont have those other pokemon.
Ill post a list of what I hvae in the future for everyone.

And to Jerimaih I will add you and be in the wifi room in 20 minutes. Add my platinum code so i can get those on my platinum pokedex please.[/quote]

can i clone any arceus you have left? lmk thanks

Faz i stupidly gave them all away and forgot to get keep one for myself.
im getting one for a friend, when i get it ill let you clone it ok.

Right now I'm leveling up a Milotic to replace my Floatzel. Floatzel's Spec. Def. is way too low for me. My highest level pokemon is my Luxray, level 81.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm already up to 65 hours. Is that sad?[/quote]
Im at 180. :)

Also, if anyone wants to battle me, they're on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jeremiahkd']Im at 180. :)

Also, if anyone wants to battle me, they're on.[/quote]
Do you have the Japenese version? Otherwise that's sick. you're averaging 6-7 hours a day.

How the F!CK do you already have 180 hours?

Trying to get my Togepii to love me so it'll evolve. After I get my Togekiss, I think I might look for a good Dark or Grass type.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Do you have the Japenese version? Otherwise that's sick. you're averaging 6-7 hours a day.[/quote]
There's just so much to do in this game. Completing your pokedex, super contests, battle frontier etc. and that's on top of the main story. I'm playing as much as i can until school starts again.

[quote name='Moxio']After I get my Togekiss, I think I might look for a good Dark or Grass type.[/quote]If you do go for a Grass type, take a look at Breloom. If you can hook yourself up with a Breloom that has Spore (a sleep-inducing attack that has 100 accuracy) then you can use his half-Fighting type to really put a hurting on people, i.e. Focus Punch.

I have a question. My Riolu was about to level up to Lucario, but I accidently canceled the evolution and now it won't evolve when I level it up. Do I have to breed and try again?

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I have a question. My Riolu was about to level up to Lucario, but I accidently canceled the evolution and now it won't evolve when I level it up. Do I have to breed and try again?[/quote]

No. Just make sure the time is during 8am and 4pm.
with hi friendship.

Shit, what a pain. My Togepii ended up being of a shitty nature and personality, AND was a male so I had to breed it with a Ditto.

Now I have a Togekiss with both nature and personality that up its speed. :cool: Dude's gonna be one fast mofo.

Next addition to my team: ?

[quote name='Moxio']Shit, what a pain. My Togepii ended up being of a shitty nature and personality, AND was a male so I had to breed it with a Ditto.

Now I have a Togekiss with both nature and personality that up its speed. :cool: Dude's gonna be one fast mofo.

Next addition to my team: ?[/quote]
Is your lineup still the same from your initial post? Infernape, Garchomp, Starmie, and Electivire (and now Togekiss)?

My team im using on diamond for now is

Sunny Rays

Exeggutor
Espeon
Salamance
Flareon
Zapdos

What do yiu guys think?
My new team will be up soon. This is the team im using til im ready on platinum.

I might not rush into it- but sometimes it's nice to have 2 versions of the game around for the purpose of trading, etc. even if you don't plan on playing the other one immediately (granted, you need 2 ds systems for that stuff)

Also- when they give away pokemon at events, you can always pick up an extra.

bread's done
Back