Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - unlock Worldly Warrior - £0.50

The hardest of the three, but only because of how tedious it is. You just need to play (not win) 50 matches online (they don't have to be ranked either). You're better off just finding someone to get this with.
If anyone needs help on this one let me know. An Endless lobby with two people, one round each, probably you could get it in 15, 20 minutes. Since they're being stingy with my rewards, I'll cost them in other ways.

So I just played some Sang Froid, got at least the first easy reward, and then realized that after 3 levels, I wasn't getting any achievements (not even the unmissable "Complete the tutorial" ones).

Seems like the game has problems with achievements popping up... I have no idea. The developer said people had problems with this when they alt-tabbed the game during the first loading screen, but I never did that... So I don't know. This is stupid.

I.F.D. Rewards

brought to you by PCGamesN

Available until Sunday 15 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Aliens: Colonial Marines - play for the first time - £0.10

Aliens: Colonial Marines - unlock Personal Friend of Mine - £0.10

Aliens: Colonial Marines - unlock I Feel Safer Already - £0.25

Aliens: Colonial Marines - unlock I Only Need To Know One Thing - £0.50

Bus Driver - play for the first time - £0.10

CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect - play for the first time - £0.10

Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10

Company of Heroes 2 - play for the first time - £0.10

Company of Heroes 2 - unlock Senior Private - £0.10

Company of Heroes 2 - unlock Stealing the Spotlight - £0.25

Company of Heroes 2 - unlock M.11 - Snipe the driver - £0.50

Crash Time 2 - play for the first time - £0.10

Dreamcast Collection - Crazy Taxi - play for the first time - £0.10

Dreamcast Collection - SEGA Bass Fishing - play for the first time - £0.10

Dreamcast Collection - Sonic Adventure DX - play for the first time - £0.10

Dreamcast Collection - Space Channel 5: Part 2 - play for the first time - £0.10

Football Manager 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10

Football Manager 2014 - unlock Record Signing - £0.10

Football Manager 2014 - unlock Comeback King! - £0.25

Football Manager 2014 - unlock Superb Strike - £0.50

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream - play for the first time - £0.10

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream - unlock Citrine Cannonball - £0.10

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream - unlock Soft Landing - £0.25

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream - unlock Hardcore - £0.50

Hyper Fighters - play for the first time - £0.10

Little Racers STREET - play for the first time - £0.10

Little Racers STREET - unlock Red go fasta! - £0.10

Little Racers STREET - unlock Bad day - £0.25

Little Racers STREET - unlock Rough victory - £0.50

Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - play for the first time - £0.10

Stellar Impact - play for the first time - £0.10

Street Racing Syndicate - play for the first time - £0.10

Strike Vector - play for the first time - £0.10

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - play for the first time - £0.10

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock Crystal - £0.10

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock Jump master - £0.25

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - unlock The king of sugar - £0.50

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - play for the first time - £0.10

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Incroyable! - £0.10

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Bling Master - £0.25

Sword of the Stars: The Pit - unlock Epic meal time!!! - £0.50

New Rewards

Available until Thursday 12 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Concursion - play for the first time - £0.10

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION - play for the first time - £0.10

Freespace 2 - play for the first time - £0.10

Haunt the House: Terrortown - play for the first time - £0.10

Ionball 2: Ionstorm - play for the first time - £0.10

If anyone needs help on this one let me know. An Endless lobby with two people, one round each, probably you could get it in 15, 20 minutes. Since they're being stingy with my rewards, I'll cost them in other ways.
Just did this. Took closer to 30 - 45 minutes.

Jesus, so many rewards. Gonna be busy next week, I guess.

Also, is that MORE Football Manager '14 rewards on top of the old ones?

Almost tempted to buy the game because of them.

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

((((((((Total time to Playfire completion: ~2-3 hours))))))))

*I'm playing the game as Jack (Hard Diff) since I thought maybe the characters differed/different traps. I don't believe that to be the case, but I'm throwing out the warning as I'm not sure what the difference between the difficulties.

• Sang-Froid -  unlock Werewolf Hunter - £0.10
This one should be easy enough to walk into a... bad pun.

What you need to do/what you need: [Kill a werewolf with only your traps]

Easiest might be to wait until you get the spike trap, but you need three enemies to set that off, and it may not fully kill a werewolf (or at least on hard it doesn't seem to). You can also: lure a werewolf beneath a net trap (may or not work, I don't remember), or catch them in some upgraded wolf traps (2nd upgrade, level 4), or let them devour enough poisonous bait (2nd upgrade, level 8), or some combination of the two.

• Sang-Froid - unlock Can't Touch This! - £0.25
This one cannot be done until CHAPTER NINE, which was about 2-3 hours into the game for me.

On chapter nine you'll be given your fourth building to protect. Why this level is optimal to do this achievement is because every enemy will be headed towards the newest building (the church), meaning you literally only have to protect two lanes of entrance (block everything else off with fire).

What you need to do/what you need: [Four buildings, no touchy touchy (don't let them get hit)]

Chapter nine, ideally block all but the furthermost west entrance and southern entrances with firewalls. At the chokepoints, depending on how you've built your character, I recommend bonfires/wolf traps to fall back to/shoot from, and bait to buy you time. You'll also want to give a try at Playfire's third challenge on this level!

• Sang-Froid - unlock Look Out Below! - £0.50
This one will require a little luck, timing, and probably a bit of trial and error.

What you need to do/what you need: [Impale 5 enemies at once in a single spike trap]

Spike trap/bait, Chapter 9 is ideal.

Second, take a look my picture here:

Sang_trap.jpg

I have nine wolves (3 grand) all running upstairs. On this picture my bait is WAY TOO CLOSE to the spike trap. Also, how I ended up doing it was I taunted all nine wolves with my ample posterior, and ran over the spikes myself. You need them to RUN, not walk over the trap for this one. Don't worry if you die/your trap kills you some, just kill damage 5 wolves, the achievement pops, and you can redo the level however you see fit.

On a retry of the level, when I had poisonous bait, I was able to weaken them all with that, bunch them, and had five of them die on the spike trap en route. Obviously I had the requirement done already, but that's another option.

^^^^^^
After realizing I made the mistake thinking Look out below! required 5 bodies instead of just damaging five enemies, my scenario may or may not have worked. But I still recommend baiting and bunching! You also can fold the enemies in a different way, I just set my map up that way.

Good luck and happy hunting!

*EDIT* I wrote this up earlier (had yet to post it) and just now saw Idiot's post; now I feel bad.

GMG summer sale starts today...

10% voucher:

IFDSUM-MERSAL-E10OFF

Today's Sega. Nice price on castle of illusion, and you get a free game

Has the Hell Yeah bundle been cheaper? That's the only Sega title I don't have, other than those Total War games.

Hoping for a good sale on the Batman games...

Edit: Also a lot of first play bonuses for a bunch of games I've never touched yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The FM ones this time a bit more difficult (again speaking from the 13 edition and assuming fairly the same).

Record Signing--Find a team with a low one, then load the editor and change their transfer budget to something really high (might have to change their balance too, have to check). Should then give you enough to break it.

Or easier (maybe) do what was mentioned before (sorry forgot who said it) sell a bunch of players at Real Madrid and should be able to get enough to smash their record for CRon7.

Never been able to get comeback king in any edition with achievements. Gone down 2-0+ before but either don't win it or get a goal before the half.

Superb Strike I forget exactly what it is but think I know (Goal of the Month?). Always felt really random, suppose a really strong team in a league of terrible teams might have better luck.

EDIT: I see Superb Strike is goal of the season, so...good luck with that (I personally wouldn't even try, as I said I feel it is too random chance/luck and your looking at playing an entire season to get a chance, with having to play another if you don't get it). 

Though...saying that it MIGHT be possible to use the editor to create a very short season league with a very strong team and the rest with no money and terrible defenders/everything else, to at least get a better chance at it. Again though not 100% and it'd still be down to chance.

Little Street Racer - Bad day 0.25£

Surprisingly hard achievement. You have to lose. AI is crappy which makes this hard.

I started on first place on my first race on easiest.

Little Street Racer - Red go fasta! - 0.10£
Change paint from Garage. Easy.

Little Street Racer - Play for fist time - 0.10£
Impossible. You already idled cards and lost.

Little Street Racer - Rough victory - 0.50£

Win a race with a heavily damaged car
Probably easiest in multiplayer if it applies there. Make it long & crash into everything. Have someone idle instead of AI for easy mode.

The only achievement in Little Racers Street I had to "try" to get was Rough Victory, you won't normally get that unless you intentionally damage your car. Got everything else easily, of course this was way before the playfire rewards.. so no GMG credit for me.

So I just played some Sang Froid, got at least the first easy reward, and then realized that after 3 levels, I wasn't getting any achievements (not even the unmissable "Complete the tutorial" ones).

Seems like the game has problems with achievements popping up... I have no idea. The developer said people had problems with this when they alt-tabbed the game during the first loading screen, but I never did that... So I don't know. This is stupid.
I had the same problem.

Quit the game.

Next time I booted it achievements popped for me. (Not retroactively. I still don't have the tutorial achievements.)

Weird, but at least the Sang-Froid achievements aren't missable story things that you'd have to restart the game for.

Is Little Racers Street fun as a single-player only game? I don't really play online against people, my connection sucks.
Most of my time was spent in singleplayer, so yes it's pretty fun. Not many people play online anyway, but I would say it's more fun online.

True. Just wondering if anyone here thought it was worth $12.50, and if the yearly additions are really anything special.
I asked about it in the Steam thread and outside of the multiple people who have put 100+ hours into it, someone also said 2014 was a nice upgrade with 3D match simulation (I think?).

Opinions on whether or not Football Manager 2014 is worth getting when the sequel is probably on the way?
Price now is $12.50 (free with GMG bucks). It's a pretty hot seller so it's just the same cycle. You will wait for 2015 to be 75% off and by the time it is then 2016 is near.
Yup, FM2015 won't go on a 75% off sale until this time next year. It always goes on sale at the end of Europe's football season.

True. Just wondering if anyone here thought it was worth $12.50, and if the yearly additions are really anything special.
I like it over last years, but unless you're a huge soccer fan you won't care about upgrading each year. Unless you have PF or Bing bucks.

I asked about it in the Steam thread and outside of the multiple people who have put 100+ hours into it, someone also said 2014 was a nice upgrade with 3D match simulation (I think?).
They've had 3D match simulation since 2009 I think, 2014's is the prettiest though.

To like Football Manager you have to be a fan of football and it also helps if your favourite team is doing crap in real life.

*EDIT* I wrote this up earlier (had yet to post it) and just now saw Idiot's post; now I feel bad.
No reason to feel bad, it's helpful information. I've just gotta get my achievements popping somehow.

I had the same problem.

Quit the game.

Next time I booted it achievements popped for me. (Not retroactively. I still don't have the tutorial achievements.)

Weird, but at least the Sang-Froid achievements aren't missable story things that you'd have to restart the game for.
Yeah, I dunno. I missed the tutorial ones, but I guess now I can redo them to see if the achievements are popping, and can reset and try again if a tut achievement doesn't unlock.

I actually just finished Sang Froid and managed to get all of the Playfire achievements plus a bunch more. I never had any issues and I gotta say I enjoyed the game more than I thought I would. I threw it right towards the bottom of my backlog when I got it in the Interstellar Bundle a few months ago but Playfire got me to actually play through it since I started for the rewards but liked it.

Picked up Castle of Illusions/Jet Set Radio with my Playfire credit. Have either of these had rewards yet or should I wait to start them? 

I went back and found Castle of Illusions had them back in April but couldn't find anything on JSR. Will probably wait on both for a bit just to make sure they don't use them after the sale. Thanks guys.

Castle of Illusion has IIRC. No idea about Jet Set Radio.
Yup. And you ended up getting most of the achievements to get all the rewards. Doubt they'll run a rewards promo for it again.

Jet Set Radio's achievement are kinda new, right? The Steam store page doesn't have achievements available but they show up in my library.

Just a little tip on the Werewolf Hunter achievement in Sang Froid.

Using a net trap will take off about 90% of a werewolf's HP, so just using that won't work. On the first night that you can set your own traps, just look at the werewolf's path and put a wolf trap in his way. This will do a small amount of damage to him. Then put a net trap further along his path and use the trick where you yell beneath the trap, run away, and then shoot the trap when he stops underneath to finish him off.

Finito!

Opinions on whether or not Football Manager 2014 is worth getting when the sequel is probably on the way?
To like Football Manager you have to be a fan of football and it also helps if your favourite team is doing crap in real life.
14 seems like it should be a bit easier since you don't have to figure out what the difference between 11 and 12 on a slider is. I didn't keep up on 14 but I though 13 and 12 were pretty bad (I may be misrembering on 12) til the final patch anyways, 13 being the worst at that IMO.

As for the favorite team, if you don't have one, I suggest Arsenal. It'll keep you busy wanting to play FM for quite awhile...over many editions at that...(Hell since I started playing, which is how Arsenal became my favorite team (chalk that up in the odd column) it's been at least one game each year of, "Fix Arsenal!")

(EDIT: I know I effed the quote, having a hell of a time getting it fixed though so going to just leave it)

Murdered: Soul Suspect cleared. Good game.

Now a word of warning for people going for all the achievements: there's a certain stage in the game that you -cannot return to-. Once you figure out where the killer's hideout is, go back and get any missing collectibles from all stages (You can leave the collectibles in Salem alone, those never go away.) While you can get all the other collectibles except for that stage's, said stage contains various collectibles needed for the other achievements, including Collector All.

I'd say what specific level it is but it'd be spoiling some of the story.

Additionally, once you get to the final level, there is no going back. So you have to get everything before going to the final fight.

Apparently you can get the missing collectibles in a second playthrough, but the game won't tell you what you're missing. You'll have to figure that out on your own. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back