Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="BobbyTastic" post="11814803" timestamp="1401923283"]Broken for me too. Was wondering what was up.

You think Playfire had it shut down?[/quote]

Aye, you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Oh, and YARRRR!

• Goat Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock SteamWorld Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Disgusting - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock GoatBuilt - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Powerhoof Smash - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Builder Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Tony Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Flip-Kick - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Hat Simulator - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Columbian Sugar Lord - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Is that a goat? - £0.10
Goat Simulator literally paying for itself :p
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh MOMMA!!!

I love that game. =D

Well hell. Played a good chunk of Murdered but I just realized it's not showing up in my public games list or in my activity area, so I probably won't get all those achievements I just did or the "Play Murdered for the first time" reward.

Damn you Playfire. Damn you.

Well hell. Played a good chunk of Murdered but I just realized it's not showing up in my public games list or in my activity area, so I probably won't get all those achievements I just did or the "Play Murdered for the first time" reward.

Damn you Playfire. Damn you.
That'll teach you..

Playing a game, what were you thinking?!

Ha. So I -was- right about Murdered: Soul Suspect. They claim achievements will be backdated to Tuesday so hopefully they'll notice my achievements from then.

... the strange thing is that Murdered: Soul Suspect is -not- being shown in my recent Steam activity for some reason, same as MHC. I wonder if it's because of the delayed Europe release?

Ha. So I -was- right about Murdered: Soul Suspect. They claim achievements will be backdated to Tuesday so hopefully they'll notice my achievements from then.

... the strange thing is that Murdered: Soul Suspect is -not- being shown in my recent Steam activity for some reason, same as MHC. I wonder if it's because of the delayed Europe release?
Same happend with Thief. So it's probable cause. Just happend to be at McDonalds in US when it was released.

• Goat Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock SteamWorld Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Disgusting - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock GoatBuilt - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Powerhoof Smash - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Builder Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Tony Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Flip-Kick - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Hat Simulator - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Columbian Sugar Lord - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Is that a goat? - £0.10
Goat Simulator literally paying for itself :p
are those still active?

Yeah, you got a couple of days.
Six days.

I just got the "Cash to Burn" achievement (Sell a player for over £30m) on FM2014 easily by starting a new game, in classic mode, with Real Madrid in Spain. Offered Benzema, Modric, Ramos, Di Maria and Marcelo to clubs for £31m each. Four of them instantly got bids @ £31m

No, there was discussion on here about somebody getting banned a while back who did not use SAM and they reversed the ban. And regarding Rush Bros...my point was more that even if he (and somebody else) got banned, it was for past behavior rather than current. Whether that was 1 week or 3 months ago is irrelevant; it means they're going back and looking at rewards you've already gotten rather than just checking for behavior at the time of processing a reward.
Err... Playfire support (which would likely include the same people who deal with bans) is really, really slow. Rush Bros, like Fox said, is only a week or two old. It's taken them three weeks in the past to even read my tickets, so I don't think it's "past behavior", it's "current behavior" that's just taking them the usual snail's pace Playfire time to get around to checking.

Err... Playfire support (which would likely include the same people who deal with bans) is really, really slow. Rush Bros, like Fox said, is only a week or two old. It's taken them three weeks in the past to even read my tickets, so I don't think it's "past behavior", it's "current behavior" that's just taking them the usual snail's pace Playfire time to get around to checking.
You're saying you think the automatic processes detected it, then it took them a week or two to investigate? Possible.

New Rewards

Available until Wednesday 11 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Beasts of Prey - play for the first time - £0.10

EPOCH - play for the first time - £0.10

Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood - play for the first time - £0.10

Fritz Chess 14 - play for the first time - £0.10

Metal Planet - play for the first time - £0.10

Richard & Alice - play for the first time - £0.10

Splatter - Blood Red Edition - play for the first time - £0.10

Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock Nothing in common but the enemy - £0.10

Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock A shimmer in the darkness - £0.25

Splatter - Blood Red Edition - unlock MO-MO-MONSTERKILL! - £0.50

Tango Fiesta - play for the first time - £0.10

Trucks & Trailers - play for the first time - £0.10

I sent a ticket last week, here's a list of the rewards I'm missing. They give me some form reply, if you're missing rewards send us a list. So I reply again with the list. Eight days later another form reply, if you're missing rewards send us a list, this ticket is solved.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, okay I'll send you the list a third time.

I sent a ticket last week, here's a list of the rewards I'm missing. They give me some form reply, if you're missing rewards send us a list. So I reply again with the list. Eight days later another form reply, if you're missing rewards send us a list, this ticket is solved.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, okay I'll send you the list a third time.
If you're missing rewards, send us a list.

I'm having the same problems with Murdered Soul Suspect not showing up at all. On the plus side, its been 2 weeks, but support got back to me and credited my Saints Row rewards, so hopefully we'll all eventually get it.

Time for another achievemable guide!

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - unlock Special Movement - £0.10

This one's pretty easy, you just have to use a special move 100 times. Start up a local Versus game against a CPU, and pick E Honda, Chun Li or Blanka as your character.

Pick the CPU as any character you want, on the lowest difficulty setting, make time infinity and 7 rounds.

E. Honda and Blanka have a special move they do by mashing the punch button (Chun Li's is by mashing the kick button). Just keep doing that special move until the achievement pops. If you don't get it by the time you finish the match, just click Rematch and keep doing it.

You can tell the special move was used by Honda attacking with a million hands, Chun Li attacking with a million feet and Blanka using electricity.

This cannot be unlocked in Training Mode. Not sure if it can be unlocked in Challenge/Trial mode, wasn't willing to risk it.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - unlock Good Start - £0.25

This is another easy one. You just need to beat 10 trials. Go to Challenge and select Trials, and do the first 2 trials (there's 24 per character) for the first 5 characters (Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, E Honda, Blanka). The trials are incredibly easy aside from possibly Chun-Li's second trial and Blanka's second trial. If you can't do those, just do Zangief's first two, as they are also incredibly easy.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - unlock Worldly Warrior - £0.50

The hardest of the three, but only because of how tedious it is. You just need to play (not win) 50 matches online (they don't have to be ranked either). You're better off just finding someone to get this with.

I haven't played online yet, but I hear the netcode sucks for the Steamworks version.

Anyways that's it for now, I should have a guide for Sang-Froid up in the next day or two. And if IG ever decides to put up Battlepaths Steam keys, I should have a guide coming for that too.

Man, Playfire is such a buggy POS mess. So a few weeks ago I tried logging into my PlayFire account. For whatever reason my password wasn't working. Double checked with GMG and logged in fine, so I decided to reset with PlayFire, however once I did it kept asking me to create a new username upon logging in. Decided to halt myself and go ask support, this was about a month ago mind you.

FInally, just got a reply from their CS. Turns out that my username is showing up, but it somehow got de-attached from my email address, as a result it is now "Corrupted", which they cannot fix. So I have to create a new account if I want to continue using the service. The fuck? Thanks Playfire.

Anyone ever had that "404: Page could not be found" issue with their account and got it rectified?

Only one of the Kill Fun Yeah achievements is easy to acquire (Keyboard). Light Top Hat is completely random and has a low chance of triggering. I got it in 3-4 kills, but when I tried helping a CAG with it he killed me 40+ times and still didn't get it. I think you need to kill 5 people at the same time to get the Fiva Hat achievement, which is hard considering not many people play the game.

So yeah, my suggestion is to unlock "Keyboard" and then quit.
So yeah, Spoder wasn't kidding.

The other two are just awful to get, and the online is practically dead.

Just got "Keyboard", I'd like to at least get Light Top Hat, can live without the Multikill one.

If anyone wants to earn these or the Super Street Fighter one, message me on Steam.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - unlock Special Movement - £0.10

This one's pretty easy, you just have to use a special move 100 times. Start up a local Versus game against a CPU, and pick E Honda, Chun Li or Blanka as your character.

Pick the CPU as any character you want, on the lowest difficulty setting, make time infinity and 7 rounds.

E. Honda and Blanka have a special move they do by mashing the punch button (Chun Li's is by mashing the kick button). Just keep doing that special move until the achievement pops. If you don't get it by the time you finish the match, just click Rematch and keep doing.

You can tell the special move was used by Honda attacking with a million hands, Chun Li attacking with a million feet and Blanka using electricity.

This cannot be unlocked in Training Mode. Not sure if it can be unlocked in Challenge/Trial mode, wasn't willing to risk it.
It popped for me in Trial mode.

I didn't even have to do 100 special moves in a row, it just popped up as I was doing trials.

Murdered is now showing up in the activity feed on Steam and is no longer marked as a "Hidden" game. Hopefully Playfire will count that "Play Murdered for the first time" and those achievements I got before it was un-hidden, but I expect they won't because they're incompetent boobs.

And if IG ever decides to put up Battlepaths Steam keys, I should have a guide coming for that too.
I already posted about that, and you liked it. Don't even bother besides getting the first one (by just completing one quest) unless you actually like that piece of shit game and feel like grinding kills and damage for hours and hours. Those are really stupid achievements they decided on.

I already posted about that, and you liked it. Don't even bother besides getting the first one (by just completing one quest) unless you actually like that piece of shit game and feel like grinding kills and damage for hours and hours. Those are really stupid achievements they decided on.
I know, but I was hoping to figure out some sort of strategy for the grindy achievements. :p

Murdered is now showing up in the activity feed on Steam and is no longer marked as a "Hidden" game. Hopefully Playfire will count that "Play Murdered for the first time" and those achievements I got before it was un-hidden, but I expect they won't because they're incompetent boobs.
They haven't seen them so they should count.

WTF? Can't use mouse buttons or keybord if you have gamepad plugged in, but mouse movement works :p

Can't play yet because have to go to work :(

I know, but I was hoping to figure out some sort of strategy for the grindy achievements. :p
For the "Take 35,000 damage without dying" one, you'd have to grind to get further in the game, increase only your endurance stat (which raises your HP), and then stock up on health potions, at which point you'd just find an enemy to pound you over and over whilst chugging potions to keep alive. It's still going to take hours to accomplish.

There's not going to be an easy way to get the 1750 kills one besides just getting stronger and then cleaning out the first weak dungeon over and over... and over... and over. 40-50 kills per run, each run is going to take you... 10 minutes maybe if you're really beefy, and then it's still going to take you about 40 runs through, so that's still going to take you around... 6-7 hours.

Seriously, don't bother... They chose the grindiest achievements that you're only going to get if you're playing the game like crazy. I hate it when they do that shit.

I just got credited for quite a few murdered achievements including played for the first time, so hopefully everyone else will get their's soon. Only problem is that the pounds aren't converting into dollars properly, but hopefully that'll be fixed.

So, apparently running the Playfire client has been screwing with my rewards tracking.

It was working fine until I updated it, so I guess the new update's the problem. Anyways, don't run the client, just use Steamlessness to keep track of what you need to get.

I just got credited for quite a few murdered achievements including played for the first time, so hopefully everyone else will get their's soon. Only problem is that the pounds aren't converting into dollars properly, but hopefully that'll be fixed.
The game was "officially" released on Steam today. My account has the same problem about the pounds to dollars conversion and I'm going to have send in a support ticket after the next round of rewards.

The game was "officially" released on Steam today. My account has the same problem about the pounds to dollars conversion and I'm going to have send in a support ticket after the next round of rewards.
Yeah, it's going to be a ridiculously long support ticket to copy-paste with all the Murdered SS achievements alone.

I haven't gotten credited yet.

I just lost half an hour of gametime due to the game's stupid combat system and the lack of checkpoints in an area with three hard to kill enemies. I got them - but then I walked into one of those demon pits and the game didn't let me escape. Poof. Ragequit.

Rarely has a game made me want to praise a developer and punch them repeatedly in the balls too.

Yup, just showed up on mine too. That's nice.

And the pounds not converting properly has been the case for me for a week+. The amount given in "Balance" is incorrect, the amount given in "Earned to date" and the credit shown on GMG itself is, and is slower to update. Playfire just keeps breaking in new ways.

I've been playing Prototype 2 for the rewards, and though I doubt I'll get more than the Play the First Time reward I'm enjoying it a good bit. So hooray for that. 

The other rewards appear to be accessible only in the later portion of the game and I'm not going to grind through the game for 85 cents. 

That's one of my favorite things about Playfire rewards -- and one of the things I really liked when Steam did those achievement-based events -- being nudged into playing a game that is surprisingly fun.

My credits just showed up. I got $3.20 USD instead of 3.20 UKBucks... I contacted support. Argh.

I expect to get all the Murdered rewards soon enough. Probably even the Goat Sim ones.

I complain a lot about Murdered but it's a very decent game, bugs and crappy combat aside.

A full $0.20 just showed up for me. Still no checkmarks though. I guess we like to celebrate the small things when it comes to Playfire.

That's one of my favorite things about Playfire rewards -- and one of the things I really liked when Steam did those achievement-based events -- being nudged into playing a game that is surprisingly fun.
I completely agree. I really wish they'd do that again. I'd much rather prefer mini-games and achievement-based stuff surrounding their two big sales (Summer & Winter) than what they've done the past few times. At least the sales felt like an event rather than just something you prosaically check once or twice a day.

My credits just showed up. I got $3.20 USD instead of 3.20 UKBucks... I contacted support. Argh.

I expect to get all the Murdered rewards soon enough. Probably even the Goat Sim ones.

I complain a lot about Murdered but it's a very decent game, bugs and crappy combat aside.
Yes, but check your GMG balance. I'm having the problem when GBP isn't converting to USD on Playfire, but my GMG balance is converting fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back