Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update for people with issues of unaccounted Playfire rewards.

I sent an email to Playfire support with a long list of my missing rewards last week. Today I got a response from customer support letting me know they've credited my account for all the missing rewards but they just won't show up on my list as tracked. Sure enough they did add the credit to both my Playfire/GMG balance.

My suggestion is that if you're missing anything that you would like to get credit for, email customer support with the information they ask for and await their response. As lame as it sounds, I actually keep a spreadsheet of the achievements I've earned for the Playfire rewards and if I've received credit or not. This makes it easier to compile a list of what you're actually missing.

I sent an email to Playfire support with a long list of my missing rewards last week. Today I got a response from customer support letting me know they've credited my account for all the missing rewards but they just won't show up on my list as tracked. Sure enough they did add the credit to both my Playfire/GMG balance.

My suggestion is that if you're missing anything that you would like to get credit for, email customer support with the information they ask for and await their response. As lame as it sounds, I actually keep a spreadsheet of the achievements I've earned for the Playfire rewards and if I've received credit or not. This makes it easier to compile a list of what you're actually missing.
You pirate.

I received just automated reply to wait 24 hours and contact again if issue still persists :(

You pirate.
Illogical. If I was a pirate I wouldn't waste my time with customer support, because we've all heard what happens.

<insert ItsATrap.gif> :shock:

I received just automated reply to wait 24 hours and contact again if issue still persists :(
Yeah, I had to go through the same process. It took roughly two weeks of back and forth emailing with CS before they finally credited my account. It's a slow process because I assume these tracking issues are wide spread and CS is constantly getting slammed with "help me" emails. I wonder if they'll ever figure it out, as they said the latest issue was with how a Steam update caused a problem with their tracking software. Who knows though.This might always be a back and forth struggle for them.

Wow. If you thought Gun Monkeys was terrible, stay far, far away from Kill Fun Yeah. Every single thing about this game is frustrating beyond belief and I want the last half hour of my life back.

The new Head2Head is LEGO The Lord of the Rings vs LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.

Obviously, Marvel Super Heroes will win being the more manly LEGO game.

The new Head2Head is LEGO The Lord of the Rings vs LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.

Obviously, Marvel Super Heroes will win being the more manly LEGO game.
Sweet. Got both for $3.50ish each this past week, don't really care who wins, but I'd rather play Marvel so I'll vote for that.

Also, thanks for the Dark Void Zero guide idiot. Proved useful.

Playing Growing Pains now and it's meh, feels like a flash game. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Waggles and SecretSquirrel wrote some pretty accurate reviews for it.

On the bright side for Growing Pains, you don't need to earn a Gold medal on a previous level, to get to a Gold medal on the next level, so feel free to earn them out of order (#3 is giving me a headache)

Today's rewards:

Available until Monday 9 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• 8-Bit Commando - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FX Football - The Manager for Every Football Fan - unlock - £0.10
  • 1001 Spikes - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Crea - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dark Raid - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock He's Signed! - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock Hat-trick - £0.25
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock Cash To Burn - £0.50
  • IHF Handball Challenge 14 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Werewolf Hunter - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Can't Touch This! - £0.25
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Look Out Below! - £0.50
  • The Stomping Land - play for the first time - £0.10

Today's rewards:

Available until Monday 9 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• 8-Bit Commando - play for the first time - £0.10
  • FX Football - The Manager for Every Football Fan - unlock - £0.10
  • 1001 Spikes - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Crea - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dark Raid - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock He's Signed! - £0.10
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock Hat-trick - £0.25
  • Football Manager 2014 - unlock Cash To Burn - £0.50
  • IHF Handball Challenge 14 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Werewolf Hunter - £0.10
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Can't Touch This! - £0.25
  • Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - unlock Look Out Below! - £0.50
  • The Stomping Land - play for the first time - £0.10
No achies for 8bit commando or anything for Murdered (I think it was released in US) :(

No achies for 8bit commando or anything for Murdered (I think it was released in US) :(
There are no achievements for that game. The developer achieved nothing making it and you'll achieve nothing in playing it.

Well, Battlepaths is dreadful. I feel like I'm playing a bad flash game.

Laughable cartoony graphics, no effects to speak of, oldschool "walk into enemies to attack them". I'd just blow through it for the rewards, since it's extremely easy, but the two top rewards are fucking ridiculous. Take 35,000 damage without dying, and kill 1750 enemies. I just went through the whole first dungeon area and I took 700 damage without dying, and killed 41 enemies. 

No thanks. 

FM14 rewards should be pretty piss easy to get, Hat trick might take a bit but the .10 and .50 are really easy. For the first, just sign someone (like I said, tough).

The other it looks like you take control of either Manchester United, Manchester City or Arsenal and then whatever team you want. Have the one of those teams put in a bid of 30m GBP for a player, accept with the second team, sign the player and bam should get it.

That's assuming they haven't changed from FM13, so check to make sure but yeah, should take about 5 minutes at most to get both of those.

Rewards for Murdered are up, as well as these new rewards for today.

Available until Tuesday 10 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• A Story About My Uncle - play for the first time - £0.10
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock Maddie's Challenge - £0.10
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock Village Grapple Challenge - £0.25
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock "If he could do it, I could do it too" - £0.50
  • Endless Legend - play for the first time - £0.10
  • GearCity - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Noir Syndrome - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Bus Driver - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 100 destruction - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 100 magic - £0.25
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 1000 kill - £0.50
  • theHunter - play for the first time - £0.10

Rewards for Murdered are up, as well as these new rewards for today.

Available until Tuesday 10 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• A Story About My Uncle - play for the first time - £0.10
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock Maddie's Challenge - £0.10
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock Village Grapple Challenge - £0.25
  • A Story About My Uncle - unlock "If he could do it, I could do it too" - £0.50
  • Endless Legend - play for the first time - £0.10
  • GearCity - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Noir Syndrome - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Bus Driver - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 100 destruction - £0.10
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 100 magic - £0.25
  • Legend of Persia - unlock 1000 kill - £0.50
  • theHunter - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock SteamWorld Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Disgusting - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock GoatBuilt - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Powerhoof Smash - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Builder Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Tony Goat - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Flip-Kick - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Hat Simulator - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Columbian Sugar Lord - £0.10
  • Goat Simulator - unlock Is that a goat? - £0.10
Goat Simulator literally paying for itself :p

A guy I know on another forum just got his account flagged for "suspicious activity" and an email saying they were going to remove the credits in question. His credits are still there, though. :)

Only one of the Kill Fun Yeah achievements is easy to acquire (Keyboard). Light Top Hat is completely random and has a low chance of triggering. I got it in 3-4 kills, but when I tried helping a CAG with it he killed me 40+ times and still didn't get it. I think you need to kill 5 people at the same time to get the Fiva Hat achievement, which is hard considering not many people play the game.

So yeah, my suggestion is to unlock "Keyboard" and then quit.

So, they finally got to my support ticket today, and I am now $40 in pierat bux richer.

Of course, I haven't gotten any rewards since CS:GO/Doom 3 weekend, so now I gotta send in a ticket for that. :wall:

On the bright side, some of the Playfire Rewards I just got credited for are as old as February and the beginning of April, so this is good progress.

They finally replied to my support ticket too, except they haven't actually fixed anything and they wanted me to confirm that my issue is still happening. Considering my ticket was just a huge list of rewards I never got credited for, I don't see why they couldn't have just checked themselves.

They finally replied to my support ticket too, except they haven't actually fixed anything and they wanted me to confirm that my issue is still happening. Considering my ticket was just a huge list of rewards I never got credited for, I don't see why they couldn't have just checked themselves.
Yeah, they gave me that response 2 weeks ago and I said that yes, it was still happening. Them crediting me is the follow-up to my reply, so you're almost there? :bouncy:

I know I'm a little late to the party since the rewards poof in a few hours, but I just started playing Where's My Heart and it's not bad at all. Cute, fun little game.

Since someone already posted how to get Cheater!, I'll post how to get the first one:

Where is my Heart? - unlock Not afraid to die! - £0.10

Just kill each of your three guys a lot in one level. Just keep killing them 'till it pops. It's that easy.

Does anyone know how to get Family Fight? The lack of achievement descriptions is killing me.

Just got Family Fight. Apparently, you have to headbutt (down + space) one of the playable characters with the character you control, then switch control to the character you just headbutted and have them headbutt you back.

That was surprisingly easy, but it's not something I would have thought of on my own.

Just got Family Fight. Apparently, you have to headbutt (down + space) one of the playable characters with the character you control, then switch control to the character you just headbutted and have them headbutt you back.

That was surprisingly easy, but it's not something I would have thought of on my own.
Really? That achievement came pretty naturally to me. My irl family may be sliightly dysfunctional.

Here's the email that guy I mentioned got, btw:

Hi *****,

Automated systems recently flagged your account for unusual activity. Upon further investigation by our fraud team we discovered consistent evidence that the Steam account associated to your Playfire profile was using illegitimate methods to exploit the Playfire Rewards BETA and earn GMG Credit dishonestly. As per the terms and conditions we've removed your Playfire profile and any GMG Credit that was earned as a result of the Playfire Rewards BETA. You can continue to use your Green Man Gaming account to purchase games, but you will no longer be able to participate in the Playfire Rewards BETA.

If you do not agree with this policy then please feel free to contact us again however it is unlikely the decision will be overturned.

Kind regards,

Green Man Gaming & Playfire

Customer Service
What exactly he did that triggered this, I'm not sure (and neither is he, aside from general piracy.) Curious to see what happens, though.

Well, I meant from the standpoint of we don't know exactly how Playfire caught on to the SAMing. It could be achievement prerequisites, time of play, or some other specific thing they're checking for now. 

He has $30 and is just sitting on it to see if they really take the credits back. It's not like he's denying it or anything. :)

Well, I meant from the standpoint of we don't know exactly how Playfire caught on to the SAMing. It could be achievement prerequisites, time of play, or some other specific thing they're checking for now.

He has $30 and is just sitting on it to see if they really take the credits back. It's not like he's denying it or anything. :)
Is he an idiot? He should be spending it ASAP, even if it's on something overpriced. This is more or less what they did to Brut the other day, but without the GMG account ban.

As for the detection, it's probably both achievement prerequisites and time of play. Aside from the client detecting the program, and manually going through in-game leaderboards and such, there's really no other way to detect it.

Is he an idiot? He should be spending it ASAP, even if it's on something overpriced. This is more or less what they did to Brut the other day, but without the GMG account ban.

As for the detection, it's probably both achievement prerequisites and time of play. Aside from the client detecting the program, and manually going through in-game leaderboards and such, there's really no other way to detect it.
That's my guess. Just set programs to detect achievements present without the prerequisites or set playtime values for certain achievements. Anything detected sends an alert to a human who reviews it and down comes the ax.

BTW, he hasn't SAMd anything since Rush Bros, and quite a few of his achievements were from legit play. So...they're either messing up on banning people (quite possible) or they're retroactively looking at reward history rather than just monitoring current stuff.

BTW, he hasn't SAMd anything since Rush Bros, and quite a few of his achievements were from legit play. So...they're either messing up on banning people (quite possible) or they're retroactively looking at reward history rather than just monitoring current stuff.
lol...Rush Bros was just a week ago. I'm sure once they get an alert they check the entire account history. Since he used SAM and since I've yet to hear about someone not using SAM and getting banned, it doesn't sound like they are messing up on anything.

lol...Rush Bros was just a week ago. I'm sure once they get an alert they check the entire account history. Since he used SAM and since I've yet to hear about someone not using SAM and getting banned, it doesn't sound like they are messing up on anything.
No, there was discussion on here about somebody getting banned a while back who did not use SAM and they reversed the ban. And regarding Rush Bros...my point was more that even if he (and somebody else) got banned, it was for past behavior rather than current. Whether that was 1 week or 3 months ago is irrelevant; it means they're going back and looking at rewards you've already gotten rather than just checking for behavior at the time of processing a reward.

Some Idiot probably reported him and they are now saying they using some magic system to check things.

I'm innocent I tell ya!

Cat-Caught-Smuggling.jpg

No, there was discussion on here about somebody getting banned a while back who did not use SAM and they reversed the ban. And regarding Rush Bros...my point was more that even if he (and somebody else) got banned, it was for past behavior rather than current. Whether that was 1 week or 3 months ago is irrelevant; it means they're going back and looking at rewards you've already gotten rather than just checking for behavior at the time of processing a reward.
I missed any talk about someone getting accidentally banned, but if they have a system in place, it must be relatively new since the bannings are new so its logical they would be scanning all accounts retroactively. The prerequiste achievement and play time detection things can be done retroactively. Don't see what it matters if it is only current processing of rewards. That wouldn't make sense anyways since I'm sure people who were SAMing got scared recently and tried to go straight in fear of getting banned so it seems they aren't letting those people off the hook either.

I know, right? It's like the police hassling me for the dozen people I might have killed last week. It's BS, I haven't might-have-killed anyone this week.

Well, I was pointing it out more as a "If you've SAMd, they're looking at history and you might get your credit revoked," kind of thing, as opposed to "be careful in the future or you could lose your credits." In the latter case you'd be safe to hold on to any credits you have until whenever a good sale pops up. In the former, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back