PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know what to do with you anymore.
To be fair, I am an amazing bathroom owner.

It drives me insane when other people don't have necessary amenities in their guest bathrooms (like in Gator's post with the two empty rolls). All my bathrooms have:

Toilet paper on the roll and more underneath the sink.

Soap dispensers with soap in them

Hand towels

Kleenex

Garbage cans

Plungers

Sprayable air freshener

Every single personal bathroom in the US should have those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not gonna lie; I was disappointed at the lack of response on that. Such a great series. ONE comes up with some really cool ideas even though his art sucks.
Have you read the manga yet? He doesn't do the art for that (that's the Eyeshield 21 artist), and the fight scenes look incredible.

Oh, I know he'll get the 100% anyway. I just thought he expressed similar disdain for speed runs recently. I might be wrong.
I despise speed runs. But that's because I'm a take-my-time-and-maximize-everything gamer at heart, and the speed run is antithetical to that. But since it's Naughty Dog, you had to expect some rough trophies. This will be nothing compared to UC3 DLC, and frankly I can't wait to try Brutal difficulty on all three games.

To be fair, I am an amazing bathroom owner.

It drives me insane when other people don't have necessary amenities in their guest bathrooms (like in Gator's post with the two empty rolls). All my bathrooms have:

Toilet paper on the roll and more underneath the sink.

Soap dispensers with soap in them

Hand towels

Kleenex

Garbage cans

Plungers

Sprayable air freshener

Every single personal bathroom in the US should have those things.
All your bathrooms? How many do you have??

#anymore?

Someone here might care to know that Best Buy will be getting an exclusive steelbook for Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation when it releases 12/15: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/29/mission-impossibles-rogue-nation-gets-retail-exclusive-blu-rays-dvds?abthid=560ab540b38a1d8b11000019

mirnbestbuybd3djpg-b6a26f_640w.jpg

Target's "Impossible Stunts Edition" will have an hour of bonus content and an exclusive booklet:

mirnbdtarget3djpg-99648e_640w.jpg

I'm leaning towards getting the steelbook, but if Target has a good enough Cartwheel deal for their edition (*coughZimmcough*), I might reconsider.

Have you read the manga yet? He doesn't do the art for that (that's the Eyeshield 21 artist), and the fight scenes look incredible.
You're wrong about that. ONE did the original manga, which is still ongoing and it further along than the remake by the Eyeshield 21 artist.

I haven't seen the anime.

You can read the original manga here:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-original-r9123/

It's past the fight with the boss the remake just introduced. Right now a fight I've really been wanting to see for a while has just started, too.

If you like OPM you might want to check out ONE's other in-progress series, Mob 100%. It's about a kid in school with ridiculous psychic powers who works for a fraud psychic. Mob is very restrained, both in personality and his normal powers, but if he gets emotional enough he'll hit 100% and goes all-out. It's good, but moves slower than OPM.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mob-psycho-100-r10553/

The next XB1 bundle (Holiday Bundle): http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/29/microsoft-announces-new-xbox-one-holiday-bundle?abthid=560aa90ca3b6421a0900000d

XboxOne_1TBConsole_GOWUltimateEdition_RareReplay_Ori_US_CAN_Groupshot_RGB-720x241.png

Still $400 and available sometime in October. This looks slightly better than yesterday's TR bundle, though admittedly it contains a lot of older games vs. the brand-new RotTR.
That's a swank bundle, particularly if you didn't have a 360. 36 games - 30 from Rare Replay, 5 from GOW Ultimate (Ultimate and 1, 2, 3, and Judgment via BC,) and Ori which people loved.

Did we discuss that Kojima and Del Toro were collaborating with Junji Ito on Silent Hills? No? 

I'm depressed.

fuck Konami.

You're wrong about that. ONE did the original manga, which is still ongoing and it further along than the remake by the Eyeshield 21 artist.

I haven't seen the anime.

You can read the original manga here:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/onepunch-man-original-r9123/

It's past the fight with the boss the remake just introduced. Right now a fight I've really been wanting to see for a while has just started, too.

If you like OPM you might want to check out ONE's other in-progress series, Mob 100%. It's about a kid in school with ridiculous psychic powers who works for a fraud psychic. Mob is very restrained, both in personality and his normal powers, but if he gets emotional enough he'll hit 100% and goes all-out. It's good, but moves slower than OPM.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mob-psycho-100-r10553/
Huh, I thought the original One-Punch Man was just a webcomic, not an actual manga.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12943798" timestamp="1443530815"]I really should wait on the Uncharted Collection too since I have Syndicate, BO3, Battlefront, and Fallout 4 all coming this year but damn it I am really jonesing to play through the series again.[/quote]

I will probably wait and buy it on PSN when cheaper. The Uncharted games are among the few PS3 physical games I still.

[quote name="pharmacrest" post="12943945" timestamp="1443538045"]
I am also mostly concerned that video games are contributing to this issue. Shooters in particular require a lot of movement with the thumbs and hands and it radiates down to the forearm. I cant quit video games! fuck[/quote]

I have a partially torn right rotator cuff or something. So I get pains/tingling in my right arm down to my hand at times. I am sure banging on a keyboard for 8 hours a day doesn't help. I am sure video games aren't an issue though.

#indenial

I am listening to the KindaFunny PS I Love You first episode.  Something that surprised me just now.  Even if you have the disc, the Uncharted collection takes up 44GB of space on your system.  Damn!

I have a partially torn right rotator cuff or something. So I get pains/tingling in my right arm down to my hand at times. I am sure banging on a keyboard for 8 hours a day doesn't help. I am sure video games aren't an issue though. #indenial
I read something that the pain in my forearms could also be from neck/spine issues. My neck has been really stiff from time to time lately. I probably need to go see a chiro for an adjustment.

Hola everyone. Isn't Sony supposed to announce the next PS+ titles for October this week or did I miss that announcement? Been super busy. My sister is getting married this weekend! 😊

Do any of you attend Halloween haunted houses or events? We have this thing called Nightfall here. I haven't been there in forever but my friends wanna go next weekend. I'm a scaredy cat. Not a fan of people with chainsaws or other weapons chasing me.

Hola everyone. Isn't Sony supposed to announce the next PS+ titles for October this week or did I miss that announcement? Been super busy. My sister is getting married this weekend!

Do any of you attend Halloween haunted houses or events? We have this thing called Nightfall here. I haven't been there in forever but my friends wanna go next weekend. I'm a scaredy cat. Not a fan of people with chainsaws or other weapons chasing me.
Technically they're "supposed to", but they've delayed the announcement before.

I don't attend stuff like that because I'd rather play video games. #halloweentropheez

I am listening to the KindaFunny PS I Love You first episode. Something that surprised me just now. Even if you have the disc, the Uncharted collection takes up 44GB of space on your system. Damn!
Damn, 2 hours? Was their last podcast this long? I never really paid attention to it before.

Is twin a typo or did you mean to call it that? Its a townhome here.
I've heard it called both and both are probably correct. It's technically a 2-unit townhome.

A lot of times people hear townhome and think it's a row of living units, which mine isn't. It's only attached to one other unit.

Twinhome is a better description of what the house looks like, but I don't think twinhome has the same HOA connotation as townhome. But if you google twinhome that is what my place looks like. If you google townhome it doesn't look anything like that.

I've also heard it called a duplex which is wrong. It looks like a duplex but a duplex will usually have a single owner who is either renting one or both sides of it out, whereas I own my half of my twinhome and my neighbor owns her half and the land and shit.

Hola everyone. Isn't Sony supposed to announce the next PS+ titles for October this week or did I miss that announcement? Been super busy. My sister is getting married this weekend!

I love all the haunted house stuff. I normally jump scare pretty easily, but mostly laugh my way through them. Hoping to go to at least a couple of the ones around here

I read something that the pain in my forearms could also be from neck/spine issues. My neck has been really stiff from time to time lately. I probably need to go see a chiro for an adjustment.
Damn Pharm your story is sounding like my symptoms. Pitch nerves are terrible and get things checked out. I have nerve damage now that will never heal. If the doctors caught it sooner I might have had a better outcome with less damage.

Damn, 2 hours? Was their last podcast this long? I never really paid attention to it before.
I never paid attention before either. I do like the guys and I am definitely a Sony console fan, so I decided to listen. There is a comment about them going big for episode 1, so I am not sure it will always be this long.

I've heard it called both and both are probably correct. It's technically a 2-unit townhome.

A lot of times people hear townhome and think it's a row of living units, which mine isn't. It's only attached to one other unit.

Twinhome is a better description of what the house looks like, but I don't think twinhome has the same HOA connotation as townhome. But if you google twinhome that is what my place looks like. If you google townhome it doesn't look anything like that.

I've also heard it called a duplex which is wrong. It looks like a duplex but a duplex will usually have a single owner who is either renting one or both sides of it out, whereas I own my half of my twinhome and my neighbor owns her half and the land and shit.
Besides ownership, structurally is twinhome and duplex the same?

Not really familiar with the terminology as I just call all of them townhomes.

Not really familiar with the terminology as I just call all of them townhomes.
Yes, they are basically the same structurally. normally in FL a duplex is single story though. And in shitty neighborhoods. So duplex has a bad connotation which is why Tyler would be upset with someone calling it that. At the end of the day what he has is no different from a townhome on the end of a building. Just one attached neighbor. They are all semi attached homes.

The twin homes that Tyler is talking about would be called a Villa here. And they are normally one story.

My understanding is yes. I've looked them all up several times and I'm not sure there is one set defined definition for them.

Another thing about townhouses is that basically all the ones I've seen don't have yards other than little patches. Sometimes they will have a mini back porch area. I have a front yard, a small patch of grass beside my house, then a large "backyard" (not gated, it's not really my backyard I don't think but its a large yard in the back of my house)

Tyler is right that a duplex is one property and twins or townhomes are individual.  But apparently at least wherever this was from you could split a duplex apart.

A Twin Home - is 1/2 a house, basically.  You own your side, there's a shared center wall.  The legal description is different for each side of the house.  The lot line runs down the middle of the house.  You own the half of the lot your home is on.  You are responsible for the maintenance and insurance on your half of the house/lot.  You can paint your house a different color than the other side, different roof color, whatever you want!

A Duplex is a 2-unit home - a multi-family classification.  This has 2 "homes" in one building and on one lot.  The house has one legal description and only one person (the owner) is responsible for the lot and home maintenance, and insurance.  It is considered to be an investor purchase. 

Now, you can split the legal description of a duplex and make them into twin-homes.  By giving them each separate legal descriptions, you can then transfer ownership of each 1/2 independently.

I don't think there's any harm in posting this. A few of you have my address and could see where I live anyway.

6O7Jqwf.png

Half of that is mine.

Thanks guys.  I was really happy when I bought it and it's been great for me the last 3 years. 

When I moved in the there was an elderly couple living in the adjoining house. The husband passes away last year but the wife seems to be in really good shape and I could see her living there a lot longer. She is super quiet which is really nice.

I don't think there's any harm in posting this. A few of you have my address and could see where I live anyway.

Half of that is mine.
I remember the first time I went to Colorado and saw a lot of houses like that and it was so bizarre to me. You just do not see houses like that in the East (unless there are some in the NE that I have never seen on my limited travels there).

It is similar to townhouses as have been pointed out, but I just do not see the advantages other than maintenance over a single family home. Id rather pay the maintenance and not have a neighbor all up in my shit like that.

I remember the first time I went to Colorado and saw a lot of houses like that and it was so bizarre to me. You just do not see houses like that in the East (unless there are some in the NE that I have never seen on my limited travels there).

It is similar to townhouses as have been pointed out, but I just do not see the advantages other than maintenance over a single family home. Id rather pay the maintenance and not have a neighbor all up in my shit like that.
The advantage has to be that it is cheaper. Thats the only reason people rent or buy anything that is attached.

I didn't realize they didn't have places like that on the east.

The other advantage for me (at the time) was that these houses are cheaper than single family units. I was able to afford a 20% downpayment on it and the insides were perfectly livable just needed a good cleaning. There were no single family houses in livable condition at that same price range.

Legit had not seen this kind of home before now. Only kind of attached stuff I'd seen was condos/apartments/townhomes. Definitely interesting

Well other advantages are that it's in a nice area kept up by the HOA (versus relying on neighbors to keep their places looking nice) and even though I probably pay more than what maintenance would cost, I never have to worry about things. "Oh my sprinklers are leaking, how much is this gonna cost to fix?" and "Oh there's a wasp's nest outside my top floor window, how the hell am I going to get rid of that?". I just have to call the HOA and they're very good about anything that needs to be taken care of outside the house.

Single family homes have a lot of advantages too, for sure. And remember I bought this as a single guy at 26 and it was a great starter place for someone like me who has minimal around the house skills.

I didn't realize they didn't have places like that on the east.

The other advantage for me (at the time) was that these houses are cheaper than single family units. I was able to afford a 20% downpayment on it and the insides were perfectly livable just needed a good cleaning. There were no single family houses in livable condition at that same price range.
I think they are more of a phenomenon in the West because of the way you need to construct homes for snow load and easier heating with the common wall. You would think that would also be an issue in the extreme NE, but they do not seem to have the same house design (at least not that I have seen).

They definitely designed that house for easy upkeep. I thought the roof on my house was simple. It is not even that basic.

Is the fireplace right beside the front door?

So who else is going to post a pic of their house?
I would if my wife's car was not in the driveway and the Google car had not come through when I had apparently been very lazy and not trimmed the bushes in a while.

Full disclosure: they look like that again now since it has seemed to rain every weekend lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back