Reduced Price Guide Thread-Lucky Number XIII(FAQ in 2nd post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Reduced Price Guide FAQ/OP has been moved to the SECOND post.

Below is SIX MONTHS or so(counting January 2010) of guide drop info. If you want to see the full list, please refer to the second post of the Reduced Price Guide Thread X that can be found HERE .

CE/SE/LE=HARDCOVER GUIDE
Red=Gamestop drop
Blue=Best Buy drop

Recent Drops(listed newest to oldest):

>>>Dropped on 3.07.12

Gamestop 1
¢

Battlefield 3 CE

>>>Dropped on 1.25.12>>Dropped on 10.19.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.13.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 10.6.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.15.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 9.7.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.17.11Dropped on 8.8.11>>Dropped on 4.27.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 4.13.11Dropped on 3.30.11>>Dropped on 2.21.11Dropped on 1.26.11>>Dropped on 06.25.10Dropped on 06.07.10>>Dropped on 03.18.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 03.04.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 02.22.10Dropped on 01.27.10Dropped on 01.27.10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lightning War']Scanned many guides. No drop. Full list when I get home.

Edit: Home.

Scanned:

DC Universe Online
Borderlands GOTY
Homefront
Homefront Collectors Edition
Killzone 3
Starcraft II
Sims 3 Collectors Edition
Epic Mickey
3rd Birthday
Halo: Reach
Dragon Age 2: Collectors Edition

I think that's it. If you asked me to scan something and I didn't it wasn't in stock at my store. With all those guides being pulled from your store though there must be a drop coming soon..[/QUOTE]

Ahh, thanks. Guess I'll just pick be picking up my game tomorrow...

[quote name='Cysquatch']Ahh, thanks. Guess I'll just pick be picking up my game tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, check tomorrow. If they're pulling guides there's a drop imminent- it very well COULD be tomorrow, who knows. We should all be on high alert.

[quote name='Lightning War']Honestly, check tomorrow. If they're pulling guides there's a drop imminent- it very well COULD be tomorrow, who knows. We should all be on high alert.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there first thing tomorrow!

tumblr_lscz4xTjkE1qh67evo1_500.gif

[quote name='godsmack13']I wish any of my local BB had a scanner to use :cry:[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't. I just bring massive stacks of guides and ask to see what my total would be with a promo that's going on, or what the prices of these are because I heard they're on clearance, etc.

If I recall correctly, October drops have been happened around the third Monday of the month the last few years - I know for a fact that happened in 08 and 09, but last year I don't remember for sure.

The Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition is pennied, correct? There's one sitting at my GS right now and it doesn't have a price tag. Not that I particularly want it, I'm just surprised it's still sitting there.

[quote name='Tsel']The Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition is pennied, correct? There's one sitting at my GS right now and it doesn't have a price tag. Not that I particularly want it, I'm just surprised it's still sitting there.[/QUOTE]

Yes and pick it up. I'll trade you for it if you go to a CAG meetup.:)

[quote name='Lightning War']Both of them were pretty big, as well. On the first Monday (Exactly a year ago today) and fourth Monday (10/25) for those curious and who are too lazy to check the OP. Really hoping for a drop.[/QUOTE]

Meh, well I'm leaving in a few for BB, highly doubt any ring up as dropped but I'll check. Really hoping they let me get that free guide with Rage. I'll bribe them with preorders:whee:

[quote name='Lightning War']Make sure to check the ones that someone said were pulled from their store. They're the most likely canidates for a drop.[/QUOTE]

What were those again?

Edit: Nvm wrote them down on my usual guide.

Back. Forgot to get my ico from cs and to ask about the free rage guide :drool:

I checked:

Dragon Age 2
Starcraft 2
3rd birthday
DC U (game)
Homefront
Homefront CE
Epic Mickey
LA Noire
Medal of Honor
dead space 2

All rang up as full price :whistle2:#

None of the other guides were at my store

[quote name='slowdive21']What's the free rage guide?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']TRU if you buy the game[/QUOTE]

What 62t said. I was planning on asking the guy at best buy when I bought it since other people got it but it just slipped out of my head.

[quote name='Ultragamer']What are you basing this on if I may ask?[/QUOTE]

Well, I was just checking the site and they dont popup for me anymore.....Isn't that a sign or am I wrong?

[quote name='Cysquatch']Well, I was just checking the site and they dont popup for me anymore.....Isn't that a sign or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Means they are candidates for a future drop, doesn't mean they have dropped.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Means they are candidates for a future drop, doesn't mean they have dropped.[/QUOTE]

Gah...my bad was at bestbuy today and saw a new, entirely filled shelf with a bunch of guides I haven't seen before at that store and just decided to see if any of them popup online. False Alarm :whistle2:#

[quote name='smashngrab77']Someone got Zelda. I was checking out and got busy with other crap and when I came back it was OOS. Oh well didnt really want anything else[/QUOTE]

Be glad you didn't order it. I was probably the one who snatched it. It's not Twilight Princess, it's Phantom Hourglass. It's not a hardcover guide, either.

Went to my BB today and got a few guides nothing worth much. But hey a cheap guide is a good guide? lol

Got

Sims 3
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Poke'Park Wii: Pikachu's Adventure

[quote name='neoz']Went to my BB today and got a few guides nothing worth much. But hey a cheap guide is a good guide? lol

Got

Sims 3
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Poke'Park Wii: Pikachu's Adventure[/QUOTE]

Peace Walker dropped last October.. It was seriously still in your store?

[quote name='Lightning War']Peace Walker dropped last October.. It was seriously still in your store?[/QUOTE]

I know right and sadly yes. They had two.

And oddly 4 copies of the Sims 3 and 2 of Pikachu.

I keep missing the drop update posts by like 2-3 days :whistle2:\

This may be a silly question, but uh, is there a way I can set up CAG to email me when posts get made in this thread?

[quote name='JSD']I keep missing the drop update posts by like 2-3 days :whistle2:\

This may be a silly question, but uh, is there a way I can set up CAG to email me when posts get made in this thread?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can.

Slightly offtopic but man went to best buy and they had tons of CEs/LEs of guides. Dragon Age II, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, DNF, etc. If those drop I'm in heaven

[quote name='Cysquatch']I'm pretty sure you can.

Slightly offtopic but man went to best buy and they had tons of CEs/LEs of guides. Dragon Age II, Assassins Creed II, DNF, etc. If those drop I'm in heaven[/QUOTE]

The Assassin's Creed II one already has dropped and yes, I do expect a free one for informing you of this ;)

Unless you meant Brotherhood, because that hasn't.

[quote name='Lightning War']The Assassin's Creed II one already has dropped and yes, I do expect a free one for informing you of this ;)

Unless you meant Brotherhood, because that hasn't.[/QUOTE]

lol I actually did mean Brotherhood. If those drop...you'll get a free copy*

*Shipping not included :lol:

Edit: I also saw a Dragon Age Origins CE guide. I just now realized that this dropped....not sure how I should feel about this...

I too am awaiting these to drop but I'm sure they will be pulled before I get a chance to grab them...

How are people getting them after they drop if the pull them from the shelves? I mean if they drop say on a Mon. and I go in and they are gone do I need to look them up in the system or ask if they are in the back?

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Gamestop:

830440 Homefront CE

Thanks to ultragamer for the sku.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, going to hope to get one. I'll post if anything else dropped while I check in a bit.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Awesome, going to hope to get one. I'll post if anything else dropped while I check in a bit.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by 5 stores, and only managed to find 1 copy of Homefront CE. The only other guides the employee found for me were some Medal of Honors (regular) that I left behind the last time I was there.

:cry: I forgot to check on Wednesday because I had just found out that Steve Jobs had passed away. :cry:

Didn't we have a way to find out if more guides dropped a while ago by adding every guide on the GS.com site to a wishlist on there and when we got emails that they were no longer availble that meant they had dropped?

I ask because I have a feeling we're missing some when they first drop at GS and because....well....adding these one guide drops are a pita.:razz:

EDIT: Updating done.:razz:

Found DCUO Collector's Edition yesterday, but the Gamestop employee refused to sell it to me. I guess I will finally be doing those surveys that they nag me about when I purchase anything.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']Be glad you didn't order it. I was probably the one who snatched it. It's not Twilight Princess, it's Phantom Hourglass. It's not a hardcover guide, either.[/QUOTE]

I typed in the SKU on Amazon and it came up as the hardcover. If you are disappointed I would return it.

[quote name='UNC5052']Found DCUO Collector's Edition yesterday, but the Gamestop employee refused to sell it to me. I guess I will finally be doing those surveys that they nag me about when I purchase anything.[/QUOTE]

Gonna be one of "those guys" who rates a store poorly because they wouldn't sell you something they aren't supposed to sell? Have you read the first page?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Gonna be one of "those guys" who rates a store poorly because they wouldn't sell you something they aren't supposed to sell? Have you read the first page?[/QUOTE]
I would have understood had the employee told me the truth, but he lied and got an attitude, which made me mad. I decided not to do the survey, and to just let it go. Sorry if I sounded like I was trying to degrade that Gamestop. I was just a bit mad at the Gamestop employee that tried to lie about it.

I was able to find duke nukem ce guide today but I couldn't find any little big planet 2 or homefront guides.
But I was able to find a copy of DCUO and he sold it to me. :) Also when I went to get the cheat code winter 2011 it rang up full price, they also had the summer one there too did it drop?

Stopped into Gamestop today and managed to snag Star Wars Force Unleashed II Collector's Edition SEALED. I was surprised it was still there. Also got the Homefront CE. Not sealed, but damn near mint condition.

They didn't have stickers so I asked the price, knowing the answer, and the guy was like "Oh, great, they're not tagged. I love my job." Then he asked if I wanted them, I told him it depended on the price, so he handed them over lol.

It's weird, there's still a slew of LBP2 guides at mine. I didn't know they were pennied, so I didn't think anything of it.

[quote name='FOnewearl']My bad checking after posting I see this dropped 8-8-11, I guess it's still worth having spoiled just for fun :D

Not exactly sure what to make of this (WAS SOLD OUT ONLINE WHEN I NOTICED IT 2 HOURS AGO)

Mass Effect 2 (Game Guide) - PlayStation 3

SKU: 1801854

Our Price:$0.01

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Mass+Effect+2+(Game+Guide)+-+PlayStation+3/1801854.p;jsessionid=E9E26F40A9BCAED4835A58FFFB4AA6E0.bbolsp-app01-53?id=1218292463560&skuId=1801854
[/QUOTE]

Odd... Wonder if BB finally realized they pennied out the new version of the guide and kept the old one and are now going to try and fix their mistake.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Odd... Wonder if BB finally realized they pennied out the new version of the guide and kept the old one and are now going to try and fix their mistake.[/QUOTE]

I don't fully understand what you are saying. The one on the website that pennied was the more recent PS3 one (based on the info I can find on the BB website).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back