SOTM: Special Low Frequency Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
javeryh,

if you haven't checked out Emiliana Torrini before, I think you would dig her. She has two albums out "Love In The Time Of Science" and "Fisherman's Wife" with "Fisherman's Wife" being an outstanding album (the acoustics is great with her voice compared with the electro-pop sound of Love In The Time Of Science)

Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman's Wife (album)

[quote name='fart_bubble']javeryh,

if you haven't checked out Emiliana Torrini before, I think you would dig her. She has two albums out "Love In The Time Of Science" and "Fisherman's Wife" with "Fisherman's Wife" being an outstanding album (the acoustics is great with her voice compared with the electro-pop sound of Love In The Time Of Science)

Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman's Wife (album)[/quote]

I own Love in the Time of Science. I like it. She sounds kind of like Bjork, but without all the pretentiousness.

Currently: Underworld - Beaucoup Fish (album)

[quote name='evilmregg']I own Love in the Time of Science. I like it. She sounds kind of like Bjork, but without all the pretentiousness.

Currently: Underworld - Beaucoup Fish (album)[/quote]

Love in the Time of Science is really good but (except for the what, 3 acoustic songs) her voice is so soft and sweet that the electro-pop sound just doesn't seem to complement her sound. I know she's done stuff with Thievery Corporation but IMO, it seems more natural for her to have that soft sound behind her (the beat doesn't cover up her beautiful voice. I think she is up there with Billie Holiday [who is my favorite female singer]. It wouldn't surprise me if she had wings and lived in a tree as a nymph)

edit: and it also doesn't hurt that I think she is fuckING HOT in that shy decent looking girl next door that one summer really bloomed

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas, the album

[quote name='fart_bubble']javeryh,

Emiliana Torrini - Fisherman's Wife (album)[/quote]

Cool. Thanks - I'm going to check her out if I can find these CDs anywhere *coughrapidsharecough*

EDIT: oh yeah... "All Night Thing" - Temple of the Dog

[quote name='javeryh']Cool. Thanks - I'm going to check her out if I can find these CDs anywhere *coughrapidsharecough*

EDIT: oh yeah... "All Night Thing" - Temple of the Dog[/quote]

Sweet. Haven't found many people who know about her beyond the song from Two Towers. Oh and I just found out she also has two more albums called "Merman" and "croucie d'ou la" before she signed with any record company (think of her selling them out of her trunk). I've only listened to them once a piece so I can't give a honest crit on em but they sounded good.

But from seeing what your listening to, I really think you would dig her. One more name for you to check out is A Girl Called Eddy. She's another female singer that blew my mind when I checked out her self titled album.

edit: damm, that made me start up Emiliana Torrini - Merman (album)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back