Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone else spending their day setting up Vive? Anyone? Hmm? All I've done is move furniture around and I'm already anxious to do something else, up to and including, mowing the lawn.

VR: so far, a pretty smart investment imho.
Great investment for bad games. No thanks.

But thanks for being a tester for gen2

Anyone else spending their day setting up Vive? Anyone? Hmm? All I've done is move furniture around and I'm already anxious to do something else, up to and including, mowing the lawn.

VR: so far, a pretty smart investment imho.
y u no play VR Mowing Hero?

GGYzBoB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be a lying piece of fuck ing shit if I didn't admit that I'd just spent an hour enjoying my job simulating VR experience WAY more than I should have. I only hit myself in the face 3 times.

You probably made the right call. They had one in stock at my Target, and it was still there when I got there (which surprised me). But despite taking it to the service desk to get it price matched via the app, it still rang up at $93 instead of $55. So it's very much YMMV.
My travels today took me by a Target showing two in stock. It scanned at $93 but I got it to come up at $54 on the app. Service counter scanned it with their tablet and it said $93 but she saw it on my phone and agreed to price match it. Needed a manager but she also agreed to match it and remarked on what a great price it was. So $54 for it. Wasn't going to get it originally but my wife was mentioning that the drive on her computer was filling up and I know most of it is photos and crap rather than installed software.

My travels today took me by a Target showing two in stock. It scanned at $93 but I got it to come up at $54 on the app. Service counter scanned it with their tablet and it said $93 but she saw it on my phone and agreed to price match it. Needed a manager but she also agreed to match it and remarked on what a great price it was. So $54 for it. Wasn't going to get it originally but my wife was mentioning that the drive on her computer was filling up and I know most of it is photos and crap rather than installed software.
My adventures led me to Target as well....and got the Logitech Z506 Speakers for $24.

The App shows $29 when scanned, but then if you click it to see further details it goes to $67. The manager argued with me for a bit, and then she just caved...and then accidentally lowered it to $24 (supposed to be $29)

Woop

Oh I must have accidentally wandered in the console threads with all this talk of people going to Target. Sorry, I was looking for the PC thread.

Logging in to Marvel Heroes right now will give another Captain America mystery box with a random hero or costume because of the event thats going on or whatever. 

Externals are great for backing-up important files, mostly.

For me - basically, it's a great place to put Steam games you just ain't playing ATM (At The Moment); that way, you don't have to re-download the damn things; or if it needs to update, it only downloads what it needs. Also great for any other game back-ups for others services, too. Good place to put GOG Installers, patch files, mods, and other things you ain't going to access often.

If you're looking to run games or run intense processes - just get an internal.

If you have no room inside your system for more internal HDD and you need a solution - a cheap alternative is to get an Orico hard-drive dock (that's what I have) or some kind of superb hard-drive dock that supports 2.5'' HDD's (laptop-sized or SSD-sized) or 3.5'' HDD's (typical desktop sized HDD's) with USB 3.0 SuperSpeed support or better. I've been using this Orico dock with a 2TB Toshiba 7200rpm HDD on both my laptop & desktop - and I love this damn thing.

This hard-drive dock has worked-out WAY better than I ever expected it to.
The Orico hard-drive dock that I was talking about few days ago is now $15 on NewEgg today only w/ Free Shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0VN-0003-000H5

need to upgrade your pc to play nintendo games?
My PC is like 4 years old now, it plays every game I want it to. If they released Nintendo games with high requirements such as NX level of games, then I would consider upgrading it asap. As of right now I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. Waiting for a bit.

Well I bought Overwatch. Only reason I decided to buy it was all of my college friends are buying it and will be playing it for quite some time. Hopefully Blizzard can keep updates regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
They got banned after entering giveaway.
I had that happen with some really crappy game giveaway. I had marked a game received for Coral so he could give away more things and I was on vacation so didn't add it to my account. A week later, the SG police saw that I hadn't added it and suspended my account. I think the game I missed was Voxelized. Obviously, I was devastated by this.

I won 5 games in the past week. :D/

One was actually unbundled.

What I don't get is that 50,000 giveaway didn't get the max number of entries, yet the people who are getting blacklisted... I mean regifting it, are getting hundreds of entries in their giveaways.

My PC is like 4 years old now, it plays every game I want it to. If they released Nintendo games with high requirements such as NX level of games, then I would consider upgrading it asap. As of right now I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. Waiting for a bit.
He was just being a dick because zomg Nintendo sew undarpowar'd. Consoletards love bashing Nintendo, even though they're the only console with exclusives that are still worth a damn. o but w8 gamerdudebros luv their halo sponsored mtn dew and unsharted doritos!11!!!11!1

I had that happen with some really crappy game giveaway. I had marked a game received for Coral so he could give away more things and I was on vacation so didn't add it to my account. A week later, the SG police saw that I hadn't added it and suspended my account. I think the game I missed was Voxelized. Obviously, I was devastated by this.
They are super net nanny nazi there. If you don't follow their anal rules to the T they are all over that shit. They don't want to hear any excuses either.

Gq4q9nj.jpg

He was just being a dick because zomg Nintendo sew undarpowar'd. Consoletards love bashing Nintendo, even though they're the only console with exclusives that are still worth a damn. o but w8 gamerdudebros luv their halo sponsored mtn dew and unsharted doritos!11!!!11!1
how am I a consoletard? matter of fact, your post doesnt really make any sense

blabla omg i got called a consetard butthurt! blablabla lostweeaboo say welcom to mai werld yadda yadda

VR is a gimmick, too expensive, dust hasn't settled yet so upgraded better versions will become, game selection and type is mostly crap.

Nintendo for better or worse has some solid game exclusives

No one's going to upgrade for Paradise Heaven Island VR gleam trash but Mario or Zelda? Maybe.

I implied that its funny someone would use nintendo games to decide to upgrade a pc instead of something like VR or something but the nerdgasm is real
Upgrading to play newer games was always the best reason to upgrade a PC before. VR is fine and all but it is still to early to peg it as anything but a fad as of yet. I still don't see it becoming a new standard even now.

bread's done
Back