Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I have Pinnacle (not installed, but purchased) and I'm sure that there is something out there but Grim Dawn has integrated controller support, but it is extra wonk and feels terrible. I was thinking D3 on console controls, that is not what I got.
Still might be worth a shot to install Pinnacle, see if there's a Grim Dawn profile, and check it out - just to see if gamepad support there's better than what Crate themselves put together. Hey, you never know. [shrug]

Though, I don't know if Crate knows how to design their game just to work well around a gamepad or what. If it's a design issue that's the problem - then yeah, I dunno if Pinnacle or anything can fix how the game's built around a gamepad.

I'd figure most PC players likely will be doing KB-mouse with Grim Dawn, since it does feel like an old-school ARPG for pointing-and-clicking galore, built around KB-mouse like Titan Quest + Diablo 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
it baffled me that ppl attempted to play old school ARPG with a gamepad.

The type of game was originally designed around K/m scheme.  Gamepad support (if any) would be shoehorned clumsily and lazily later on as an afterthought.

The type of game was originally designed around K/m scheme. Gamepad support (if any) would be shoehorned clumsily and lazily later on as an afterthought.
Whatever, you're a fucking tool.

The type of game was originally designed around K/m scheme. Gamepad support (if any) would be shoehorned clumsily and lazily later on as an afterthought.
ARPGs have been adapted to gamepad since at least the PS2 era. Get with the times.

Well, I can say understand console-gamers that are trying to give PC gaming a shot wanting to play a game with a controller; or those who just feel they're normally better and/or just flat-out used to using at a gamepad for their gamers. They're just used to this and this is what they like, you know?

But, this game (Grim Dawn) feels like it was built to click-and-point w/ a mouse. Grim Dawn is just not streamlined at all, when compared to something like D3. In Grim Dawn, there's a lot of hotkeys and things of that sort that a keyboard will utilize in full - and something's bound to get lose in transition around a gamepad from just that alone, since there is nowhere as many functions on a gamepad as opposed to a KB-mouse combo. Plus, analog sticks on a gamepad are much more clumsy + awkward - yeah, especially for precise aiming point-and-clicking - when opposed to the precision of a mouse, in that regard.

I ain't paid it much attention if this is in the game options, menus, hotkeys or anything - but Grim Dawn would likely need some kind of hotkey to lock-on to closest enemy, limited slow motion ability, or something to probably make it easier to lock onto enemies and/or a BioWare strategic pause (like Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect has) - so gamepad players can precisely lock onto the right enemies since the game's combat is so fast so that it doesn't accidentally lock onto the wrong enemy when in motion + in combat.

Some of you fucking tools really need to get laid and stop being so salty about needing joystick handicaps. I hear [insert member's name]'s mom is offering.

You KB&M elitist are insufferable idiots. Heaven forbid someone prefer a different type of input device.
Look; I think there's nothing wrong w/ wanting to choose whatever device, when the option's there for you.

But, when you feel your normal device ain't working right for you with a certain game; and this certain game here is Grim Dawn, developed by a PC company that does best w/ KB-mouse w/ this type of game - it's time to go that route; or find another game.

Since you invested money into Grim Dawn - you just might want to take the learning curve and learn how to play w/ the KB-mouse. Whether it's a design issue from Crate; Crate possibly botching gamepad controls; Crate not knowing how to design a game around a gamepad; a combo of things; and/or whatever reason - it's time to throw in the towel on the gamepad, if it ain't working for you. It's time to adapt to what works best for this game and the game's actually known for: KB-mouse.

Listen; it's easy enough in an ARPG to move your mouse around, point at your enemy, and hit a mouse button to attack. Get a good mouse with lots of buttons, if need be - and stuff hotkeys there; I certainly do. Learn the KB and throw your hotkeys somewhere you find close and accessible to you - some people like to move their hotkeys to keypad on the right of the KB; some just use the numbers row that's right over QWERTY row.

You wouldn't catch me ever playing Dark Souls: PTD with a KB-mouse. I tried it - let's face it; it sucks. It's clunky as sin. From Software certainly (at that time) did NOT know how to make the game play properly with a KB-mouse. They're a console company mostly; they design best around gamepads. And you know what? The game plays great w/ a gamepad and is extremely precise b/c they built it around that, IMHO - so, there I go; that's how I'll play it.

Same goes for Grim Dawn - Crate develops PC-centric titles w/ KB-mouse in mind and I think it's best w/ KB-mouse, so I'm going that route.

I'm way more serious about this than you are.
K. I just think that since you cannot do all commands with controller in Grim Dawn it should not have "Full controller support" listed as a feature. Partial support is a thing.

Though I do think agenthost and Drabelincoln are legit morons.

You KB&M elitist are insufferable idiots. Heaven forbid someone prefer a different type of input device.
I agree. I use all types of input devices....on your Mom!..... AMIRITE?!?

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

K. I just think that since you cannot do all commands with controller in Grim Dawn it should not have "Full controller support" listed as a feature. Partial support is a thing.
Granted, I have NOT used a gamepad w/ Grim Dawn b/c this is really not the type of game I'd really want to use a gamepad with - but, does it pop-up prompts for your exact gamepad buttons, D-pad, and whatnot when need be?

Also, if you might need help w/ trying to figure out some gamepad set-up - well, here's a thread on how some have set-up Grim Dawn w/ a X360 gamepad:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=344911#post344911

Maybe this thread can give you ideas and/or point you in the right direction for a gamepad w/ Grim Dawn.

I hope you can find something that works for you - whether it's KB-mouse or a gamepad. Good luck.

I'm boning your mom in Second Life, which I play using a cricket bat! She gets a lot of backlift when I bang it in!
fuckING AMATEURS!! CRICKET?!? THAT'S THE BEST YOU GOT? A CHEAP COPY OF AMERICA'S SPORT BASEBALL? NEXT YOU'RE GOING TO TELL ME YOU PLAY CRICKET MANAGER 2016 ON THE PC..... WITH A fuckING GAMEPAD!! SON OF A fuckING fuck!!

Granted, I have NOT used a gamepad w/ Grim Dawn b/c this is really not the type of game I'd really want to use a gamepad with - but, does it pop-up prompts for your exact gamepad buttons, D-pad, and whatnot when need be?

Also, if you might need help w/ trying to figure out some gamepad set-up - well, here's a thread on how some have set-up Grim Dawn w/ a X360 gamepad:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=344911#post344911

Maybe this thread can give you ideas and/or point you in the right direction for a gamepad w/ Grim Dawn.

I hope you can find something that works for you - whether it's KB-mouse or a gamepad. Good luck.
You cannot even start the game without using KB&M. First thing you have to do is create a character and you need to type in your name on keyboard. Regardless, the game technically is playable, once in-game it works, and it isn't terrible, just not great and it never will be.

I won't play it sitting at my desk, it is not an option for me, it was only $10 bucks so no big loss if I decide to not stick with it. I'll just stick with something else. Like Blade's mom.

Look; I think there's nothing wrong w/ wanting to choose whatever device, when the option's there for you.

But, when you feel your normal device ain't working right for you with a certain game; and this certain game here is Grim Dawn, developed by a PC company that does best w/ KB-mouse w/ this type of game - it's time to go that route; or find another game.
2977457-9595356216-idn2p.gif
Mysterd's dishing dirt!

You cannot even start the game without using KB&M. First thing you have to do is create a character and you need to type in your name on keyboard. Regardless, the game technically is playable, once in-game it works, and it isn't terrible, just not great and it never will be.
All the more reasons for you to try to learn KB-mouse, in which Crate's ARPG games are best utilized with.

If the above's a "no go" for you - you could wait until Crate patches the game w/ better gamepad support; someone comes up w/ a mod for better gamepad support; someone comes up w/ a decent control scheme that suits you; or just find another game.

I won't play it sitting at my desk, it is not an option for me, it was only $10 bucks so no big loss if I decide to not stick with it. I'll just stick with something else. Like Blade's mom.
I should probably ask this - but are you playing on a laptop? Or AlienWare Alpha? Or are you connecting your machine to a HDTV? B/c without a desk, sounds like you might be playing console-style on a couch.

I have my PC connected to my HDTV; and I often do like to blow my games up on that bigger screen (48'' HDTV; as opposed to my 23 inch monitor). What I do for KB-mouse games that I want to play on my HDTV (b/c I want the much bigger screen and all) - set-up a chair; and put my KB-mouse on a table. Problem solved.

All the more reasons for you to try to learn KB-mouse, in which Crate's ARPG games are best utilized with.

If the above's a "no go" for you - you could wait until Crate patches the game w/ better gamepad support; someone comes up w/ a mod for better gamepad support; someone comes up w/ a decent control scheme that suits you; or just find another game.

I should probably ask this - but are you playing on a laptop? Or AlienWare Alpha? Or are you connecting your machine to a HDTV? B/c without a desk, sounds like you might be playing console-style on a couch.

I have my PC connected to my HDTV; and I often do like to blow my games up on that. What I do for KB-mouse games that I want to play on my HDTV - set-up a chair; and put my KB-mouse on a table. Problem solved.
My setup is my TV next to my desk that has my monitor and pc stuff on it. I only use one screen at a time but switch between the two. I play shooters at my desk and play everything else on my TV. I am perfectly capable of using kb & m, I just don't want to but my keyboard is wired so I cannot stretch it back to where my chair is.

My controller is already setup how they have it in that link you posted, it was the default "gamepad mode".

1001162213.jpg

So DOOM is on sale for $30 on Steam, but the fake physical release was $20 last month. I thought Steam was supposed to have good deals. :(
y u no buy when $20 physical-copy back then?

You could've bought the retail copy at $20; just typed in the game-key in the pamphlet from the retail box; and downloaded the game in full from Steam.

And BTW, Steam deals do NOT always top retail deals - especially when it comes to stores feeling like they need clearance sales to clear stock so they can make space for other upcoming games that are incoming and/or games that always seem to fly off their shelves.

Steam used to have pretty good deals on the regular - but, they're now the WalMart's of digital distribution. They don't have to drastically cut prices to make sales, since they now have a reputation, fan-base, control of a majority of the digital distribution sales on PC, and whatnot. So, deals from Steam are going to be hit-or-miss for you. You're often better off keeping an eye open everywhere and just keep watching for deals - these days and age, deals are scattered everywhere.

Civ 6 pre-orders are tempting me heartily. I really didn't enjoy Civilization 5 on release (too simple). This one looks a bit more robust and already has religion and other stuff in it. I don't pre-order anything but niche games I already know about.....stupid temptations.

Civ 6 pre-orders are tempting me heartily. I really didn't enjoy Civilization 5 on release (too simple). This one looks a bit more robust and already has religion and other stuff in it. I don't pre-order anything but niche games I already know about.....stupid temptations.
I think after BE bombed they knew they need to bring it with 6. I expect it to be close to good to go right out of the gate this time.

My setup is my TV next to my desk that has my monitor and pc stuff on it. I only use one screen at a time but switch between the two. I play shooters at my desk and play everything else on my TV. I am perfectly capable of using kb & m, I just don't want to but my keyboard is wired so I cannot stretch it back to where my chair is.

My controller is already setup how they have it in that link you posted, it was the default "gamepad mode".

1001162213.jpg
Nice set-up, BTW.

Sucks about the KB-mouse set-up having the wired not go long enough for you. Maybe...you want to go wireless with both, if need be? Or buy a KB-mouse w/ longer wires?

Well, I know it ain't the most practical thing - but you could tell Windows to have the game run on both screens within your Windows Display's very own Resolution subsection. ;)

In my gaming room, I have my PC in front of me; and my HDTV behind me. If I want to play games on my HDTV - pretty much, I just spin my chair around and I am good to go w/ my HDTV. I already explained how I set-up KB-mouse games for my PC: set-up a table and throw KB-mouse on it. Works fine for me. I also do have a solo couch-like chair right in front of my TV, just in case I decide to run a game I can pretty much be fine w/ using a gamepad on.

Nice set-up, BTW.

Sucks about the KB-mouse set-up having the wired not go long enough for you. Maybe...you want to go wireless with both, if need be? Or buy a KB-mouse w/ longer wires?

Well, I know it ain't the most practical thing - but you could tell Windows to have the game run on both screens within your Windows Display's very own Resolution subsection. ;)

In my gaming room, I have my PC in front of me; and my HDTV behind me. If I want to play games on my HDTV - pretty much, I just spin my chair around and I am good to go w/ my HDTV. I already explained how I set-up KB-mouse games for my PC: set-up a table and throw KB-mouse on it. Works fine for me. I also do have a solo couch-like chair right in front of my TV, just in case I decide to run a game I can pretty much be fine w/ using a gamepad on.
My single biggest reason for wanting to not game a lot at my desk is because I have yet to find a chair that i'm comfortable in for more than 30 min or so. I would love to try the high-end herman millers and their ilk but I do not have the 800+ to drop on one right now. But like I said, it isn't the worst thing in the world, really it was simply a perception issue, I expected one thing and got something different. I'm not writing off the game, I just didn't get what I expected.

And thanks, that TV is old but I still absolutely love it, don't see me upgrading past that till I can get a HDR ready screen.

My single biggest reason for wanting to not game a lot at my desk is because I have yet to find a chair that i'm comfortable in for more than 30 min or so. I would love to try the high-end herman millers and their ilk but I do not have the 800+ to drop on one right now. But like I said, it isn't the worst thing in the world, really it was simply a perception issue, I expected one thing and got something different. I'm not writing off the game, I just didn't get what I expected.

And thanks, that TV is old but I still absolutely love it, don't see me upgrading past that till I can get a HDR ready screen.
I have a 48'' 1080p Samsung HDTV; bought it last year during Black Friday; I love it. I don't think I need to upgrade that just yet. If anything can push me on moving to a higher-res, maybe it would be a killer deal on 4K during Black Friday.

Though, I do think a (bigger) 1440p monitor is possibly my next logical step here, not a 4K HDTV.

For chairs - eh, I just use a comfy Staples chair that I got for like $80 (half-price) last year during one of their sales; it was not too long before Black Friday. Works fine for me. Hell, if I get tired - it's inevitable that I will fall asleep + power-nap in the damn thing for a bit.

1001162213.jpg
PC on the ground on carpet.....the game pad thing makes more and more sense.

I could use a new PC anyways, maybe upgrade my 980 ti to a 1080. If I have any leftover money I'll give it to your mom so she can get you a 960.
Can I just have the old 980ti? My kid needs a new gpu to play Freddy The Fish in 4K

Ps id spend the extra money on a new can of paint. That color choice is somethin else.

1001162213.jpg
That rug really ties the room together.

did you quit the Division or something?
Saw it on sale and was wondering if it is worth it to jump in or just move to gears 4 instead.
Big changes coming in it, nearly 95% for the better, so I would say it's a good time to jump on it.

There's just not allot for me to do in the Division right now so I'm on a break from it.

Big changes coming in it, nearly 95% for the better, so I would say it's a good time to jump on it.

There's just not allot for me to do in the Division right now so I'm on a break from it.
They're finally bringing a big update to the game?

While I liked the The Division I say wait for an another sale around $20-$25 if you're playing solo.

Finding people to play with for some missions can be a pain now with the player-base being so small now.

I can't find anyone to do the last two missions with me.

Okay i'm done with the...whatever the hell that was.  

Come to find out my controller was actually glitched in Grim Dawn and was stuck in a hybrid mode of interact and combat settings.  Everything was fine when I played it again.  

SeasonalCAG Spoderfox BLOPS3 Broh Night Update:

I think it went well, got on discord around 11PM EST heard some people talking (no mic kid was asleep) then the brohs acknowledged I was there. None of the brohs had me on steam so I to wait for an invite. Fox felt sorry for me and sent an invite. Then everyone left to do something else. So played a couple of matches by myself wondering where it all went wrong. 10/10 broh night then I drank a handle of Evan Williams whiskey.

Hey guys, I play all my games with a DDR pad, I have my PC on a carpeted floor (case has wheels tho), team red or team wood screws, papa john's pizza sucks, no one can tell the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps, Desura was the better game client, DRM FREE4LYFE, more VRAM is always better, ARPGs suck, anything over 1080p is pointless, feel the bern, Yanni did nothing wrong, and fox's mom isn't that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1k1GcZRww

hope I didn't forget anything.

bread's done
Back