Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
With all the talk of FH3, is there a deal anywhere?

There was a glitch for it at one point right? How much was it then?

Anyone else have issues with DOOM and alt+tabbing?

When I got back into game I get like 10fps...the only fix is restarting the game.

I'm throwing out a recommendation for The Deadly Tower of Monsters, while it's on sale for the next day(ish). If you have any interest in '50s sci-fi movies or funny games, you should check it out. The conceit is that Dan Smith, Hollywood, er, legend, is recording a DVD commentary for his schlocky film The Deadly Tower of Monsters, and you the player are playing out the action of the film while listening to the director pontificate on such matters as being able to see the wires on his bat-creatures and why the camera operator got angry with him when he cleaned dust off the lens with his fingers. It's a pretty clever idea implemented well. 

The game itself is a sort of isometric third-person action-platformer where you control one of two protagonists initially, intrepid Earthling Dick Starspeed or alien princess Scarlet Nova, as you attempt to ascend the titular tower in order to wrest control of the planet from the evil Emperor. I've played it for a few hours, mostly so I could confirm that it's as entertaining as I suspected it would be, and if it sounds interesting at all and you can spare a fiver, I would encourage you to snag it. 

wScEQcd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm throwing out a recommendation for The Deadly Tower of Monsters, while it's on sale for the next day(ish). If you have any interest in '50s sci-fi movies or funny games, you should check it out. The conceit is that Dan Smith, Hollywood, er, legend, is recording a DVD commentary for his schlocky film The Deadly Tower of Monsters, and you the player are playing out the action of the film while listening to the director pontificate on such matters as being able to see the wires on his bat-creatures and why the camera operator got angry with him when he cleaned dust off the lens with his fingers. It's a pretty clever idea implemented well.

The game itself is a sort of isometric third-person action-platformer where you control one of two protagonists initially, intrepid Earthling Dick Starspeed or alien princess Scarlet Nova, as you attempt to ascend the titular tower in order to wrest control of the planet from the evil Emperor. I've played it for a few hours, mostly so I could confirm that it's as entertaining as I suspected it would be, and if it sounds interesting at all and you can spare a fiver, I would encourage you to snag it.

wScEQcd.jpg
thx fur ur Hamble Monthlee sackrifice....

Haunted Hell's Reach is getting DLC and a sequel after essentially being abandoned for a few years. Not sure why the recent resurgence, but it also dropped in MSRP from $19.99 to $8.99.
Rights issues. The game was stuck in limbo after THQ / Valusoft died on 'em. They got the rights back and re-released it on Steam themselves.

Regarding the Bamco sale, I have a question for fellow Souls fans. If I already own all the DS2 DLC, and I've played SotFS on console, is there any reason to upgrade to SotFS on PC? I'm mainly wondering if there's any significant performance or visual upgrades that would be worth upgrading for. Thanks!

By the way, if you're just planning on replying to butt talk DS2, lick my...

[attachment=23953:IMG_2761.JPG]

Regarding the Bamco sale, I have a question for fellow Souls fans. If I already own all the DS2 DLC, and I've played SotFS on console, is there any reason to upgrade to SotFS on PC? I'm mainly wondering if there's any significant performance or visual upgrades that would be worth upgrading for. Thanks!

Why do you have so many Bawls?

My condolences on the Blue ones.

Gamersgate has Mafia III for 20% off, but you gotta use Blue Coins.  On the plus side, it's an actual discount and not 20% refunded in BC.

You know, in case you hit the intersection of "Really wants Mafia III now", "Isn't banned from GG for Putinfraud" and "Wants to mess with BC".  Heck, if you're sitting on some BC, it's even "cheaper"!

This is none of you.  But now I've posted a deal and absolved myself of the next couple weeks of posting useless shit

Gamersgate has Mafia III for 20% off, but you gotta use Blue Coins. On the plus side, it's an actual discount and not 20% refunded in BC.

You know, in case you hit the intersection of "Really wants Mafia III now", "Isn't banned from GG for Putinfraud" and "Wants to mess with BC". Heck, if you're sitting on some BC, it's even "cheaper"!

This is none of you. But now I've posted a deal and absolved myself of the next couple weeks of posting useless shit
I think anyone that wanted Mafia 3 would have preordered it from Humble at 50% off months ago

go bkack to hte lunch room sytnax erorr

Gamersgate has Mafia III for 20% off, but you gotta use Blue Coins. On the plus side, it's an actual discount and not 20% refunded in BC.

You know, in case you hit the intersection of "Really wants Mafia III now", "Isn't banned from GG for Putinfraud" and "Wants to mess with BC". Heck, if you're sitting on some BC, it's even "cheaper"!

This is none of you. But now I've posted a deal and absolved myself of the next couple weeks of posting useless shit
I got it from the Humble glitch, but just an FYI its out in many regions now (midnight 7th) and people are going batshit insane b/c its 30 FPS locked. They're apparently patching in the ability to unlock FPS.

So, which of these two is better supposedly - Symphonia or Zestiria?

Already own Zestiria from Bamco's last sale on their website; skipped Symphonia wasn't discounted as much.

Looks like I got some Symphonia to try out this weekend; sweet.
It's more about what port is better than which game is better. Most will say that Symphonia is a better game, but Zestiria is a way better port. Zestiria is a solid port once you apply the community patch. ToS still has some issues. There was a recent patch that fixed some things but the framerate is still locked at 30 fps. Better off playing it on GameCube, or emulating it, but if you must play the steam version make sure you apply TSFix (community patch) first.

It's more about what port is better than which game is better. Most will say that Symphonia is a better game, but Zestiria is a way better port. Zestiria is a solid port once you apply the community patch. ToS still has some issues. There was a recent patch that fixed some things but the framerate is still locked at 30 fps. Better off playing it on GameCube, or emulating it, but if you must play the steam version make sure you apply TSFix (community patch) first.
Thanks for all the info - much appreciated.

[Downloading Community patches for both ToS and ToZ.]

Still a better discount than a lot of the stuff that gets posted on r/gamedeals, but the game doesn't look that great. And the whole 30 fps thing is such a disappointment for a series with PC roots.

Still a better discount than a lot of the stuff that gets posted on r/gamedeals, but the game doesn't look that great. And the whole 30 fps thing is such a disappointment for a series with PC roots.
Sucks about the 30FPS cap. I can understand it forced on by default - but really, the dev's should let it be up to the player in-game to set it at 30FPS, 60FPS, 90FPS, 120FPS, no cap, or whatever.

Are they trying to cover up how poor the performance is w/ most PC's when it goes over 30FPS - i.e. Batman Arkham Knight PC problem?

Sucks about the 30FPS cap. I can understand it forced on by default - but really, the dev's should let it be up to the player in-game to set it at 30FPS, 60FPS, 90FPS, 120FPS, no cap, or whatever.

Are they trying to cover up how poor the performance is w/ most PC's when it goes over 30FPS - i.e. Batman Arkham Knight PC problem?
I heard about your mom, I offer my condolences.

Product-Recall-Toaster.jpg

My VRAMS are bricking my HD with their Jigawatts!!

IIRC, it went G4WL and then Windows Store.

Was there anything from M$ in-between those 2 PC platform?

If "no" - G4WL is 1.0 and WStore is 2.0.

So, where's 3.0?
Windows 8 bullsh1t was the 2.0 version

Now Windows 10 store is the new 3.0, with new commitment to the PC master race i.e. new "Play Anywhere" feature. Granted, most of the Play Anywhere feature games are mediocre (except Gears 4)

Any Hearthstone player want my Tyrande Whisperwind?  As long as you aren't a lurker just quote me and I'll give you my code.

Edit: Sent to Voken.

Started Mafia 3. Played about a half hour. Not much to really say about it so far other than a few tidbits that stood out and some negatives off the bat.

What I liked:

- Soundtrack is shit hot if you enjoy music of the era.

- One of the collectibles is finding old Playboys from the 60s, and you can actually read them. They're not in full but a few pics (unedited, but Playboy so its tame) and an article. I chuckled when I found my first one.

- High quality voice work and engrossing story early on. Facial animations are high quality.

Negatives:

- 30 FPS lock is shit, I personally can handle a static 30 FPS, but its inexcusable for a 2016 AAA studio PC game.

- Texture quality leaves a lot to be desired. Seems upscaled. Was really unimpressed with it looks wise. Its likely a post-processing anti-aliasing issue, so possible alleviation exists.

- At the very least it ran perfectly fine for me, but obviously some early issues with the "port".

I want to play it more immediately as I liked how they set up the story and then got into it, but I'm probably going to give it a few days and see how the dev is handling the criticism. I'd be considering refunding if I didn't get it for half price to begin with, but going to have a little patience before considering that route.

UPDATE [10/6 / 6PM PT]: We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!
That was quick. Hopefully it helps.

A few notes:

Haunted Hell's Reach is getting DLC and a sequel after essentially being abandoned for a few years. Not sure why the recent resurgence, but it also dropped in MSRP from $19.99 to $8.99.

I discovered there is a whole subreddit dedicated to douchebags like myself who have converted to ultrawide monitors and like to rub it in people's faces. Was really good for some wallpapers though!
hook a bro up with a link, this isnt the indiegala thread

British pound is taking a tumble as the GamesPlanet email spam comes in.  Mafia III is $39 (Europe, Africa, ME region locked) and Crew Season Pass is $9.28 if you're enjoying the free Ubisoft base game.

Prices converted via XE.com -- your own bank's conversion may differ and for God's sake don't use Paypal's rates.

bread's done
Back