Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last night we played Mysterium, a real-world card/board game translated into digital form.  You play by having one player (the ghost) show you cards which presumably relate in some way to the circumstances of its murder (killer/weapon./location "Clue" style).  But the ghost is limited in what cards it can offer and the clues are vague (is this white wing because The Cook was wearing white or because The Hunter kills birds?) so the ghost lays out more cards and usually makes life more confusing.  Ghost life is hard.  We had a lot of people show up which was good except that games with eight people actually kind of suck for various reasons so that was bad.  Mainly it just takes forever for eight people to get organized and there's only one ghost stuck trying to communicate with seven different people.  After the first game (and Bah & Weiler getting progressively shouty) we split into two smaller games which worked out much nicer.  Team Ghost Whisperer solved the first murder and released Goose's spirit into the aether but failed to solve the second, leaving DukeEdward to languish in spectral torment forever.  Or until he finds better psychics.  I'd play it again but not with seven other people.

Afterward, I had to scoot to deal with grown up stuff and I think folks split up to play Jackbox III and Robot Disco Dodgeball Whatever.  Tonight we're playing Town of Salem which I may or may not make depending on how life treats me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
After the first game (and Bah & Weiler getting progressively shouty) we split into two smaller games which worked out much nicer. Team Ghost Whisperer solved the first murder and released Goose's spirit into the aether but failed to solve the second, leaving DukeEdward to languish in spectral torment forever.
Yeah, I agree with this, it was much more tolerable with the smaller groups and Fox not being a nipnard like he was at the start. Our group had a similar outcome. We won the first game and lost the second.

We played Robot Dodgeball for about 15 minutes while weiler got his stream set up and then we all played Murder Trivia on Jackbox 3, which was a lot of fun.

Yeah, I agree with this, it was much more tolerable with the smaller groups and Fox not being a nipnard like he was at the start. Our group had a similar outcome. We won the first game and lost the second.

We played Robot Dodgeball for about 15 minutes while weiler got his stream set up and then we all played Murder Trivia on Jackbox 3, which was a lot of fun.
Don't blame me because you were an awful ghost. Duke was pretty bad too, but at least he was comically bad. Like he gave me a card with a lion on it, there was a lion in one of my locations, so I choose the lion, and NOPE! WRONG CARD. Then Duke's like "My bad, I didn't realize there was a lion on one of the other cards." So I examine the card again and see a lifesaver EXACTLY like the lifesaver in another location. So I choose it for my next choice and NOPE! WRONG CARD.

Duke later explained he chose the lion to represent a polar bear on one of the cards. :booty:

Bah on the otherhand was like "FOX IT'S SO OBVIOUS OMG YOU ARE STUPID! IGNORE THE BIRDS! I GAVE YOU TWO BIRD CARDS BUT IGNORE THE BIRD!" and Weiler was all like "LET ME BE THE GHOST! I KNOW HOW TO PLAY THIS! I EAT TACOS WHEN I PLAY THIS AT TACO LAN/BOARDGAME PARTIES!"

Don't blame me because you were an awful ghost. Duke was pretty bad too, but at least he was comically bad. Like he gave me a card with a lion on it, there was a lion in one of my locations, so I choose the lion, and NOPE! WRONG CARD. Then Duke's like "My bad, I didn't realize there was a lion on one of the other cards." So I examine the card again and see a lifesaver EXACTLY like the lifesaver in another location. So I choose it for my next choice and NOPE! WRONG CARD.

Duke later explained he chose the lion to represent a polar bear on one of the cards. :booty:

Bah on the otherhand was like "FOX IT'S SO OBVIOUS OMG YOU ARE STUPID! IGNORE THE BIRDS! I GAVE YOU TWO BIRD CARDS BUT IGNORE THE BIRD!" and Weiler was all like "LET ME BE THE GHOST! I KNOW HOW TO PLAY THIS! I EAT TACOS WHEN I PLAY THIS AT TACO LAN/BOARDGAME PARTIES!"
Bah had it right, nipnard is a totally accurate description of fox in this game.

My ghost gets to rot in purgatory forever. Strong psychic connections were had during the start of the game and we blew through that in like 5 turns. Nabbing the killer, not so much. My cards were pubg kind of crappy and I knew we had no chance to bring my killer to justice.

On the plus side, I might have found a way to get rid of the echo while streaming and still stay in discord.

Bah had it right, nipnard is a totally accurate description of fox in this game.

My ghost gets to rot in purgatory forever. Strong psychic connections were had during the start of the game and we blew through that in like 5 turns. Nabbing the killer, not so much. My cards were pubg kind of crappy and I knew we had no chance to bring my killer to justice.

On the plus side, I might have found a way to get rid of the echo while streaming and still stay in discord.
Please do tell.

Any of the Alien: Isolation DLCs worthwhile? I thought there was supposed to be one that featured the crew from the original movies?
lol do you not look at Steam store pages ever?

We discussed this at length a few days ago. Look at my posts via my profile, probably can find the area of the thread where it was discussed via that. Humble thread.

Please do tell.
The streaming program audio settings detects a lot of varied audio devices. I turned off everything but the audio from the desktop. Of course, you would never turn off your mic if you are streaming for an audience, but for our purposes just playing jackbox, we are talking via discord so dont need the stream program to capture mic input.

Listen, ghost life is hard. You have to abide by some ancient ghost law where any communication beyond the spectral plane must be done in obtuse riddles. It's safe to say that if anybody wants to murder me, you won't have to worry about me tattling on you to any psychic cops on the case.

RIP the Destiny 2 beta, the game's looking really good, I'd purchase it if I get a deal at ~$40.
d.gif

lol do you not look at Steam store pages ever?

We discussed this at length a few days ago. Look at my posts via my profile, probably can find the area of the thread where it was discussed via that. Humble thread.
I did look at the Steam store pages, but I was asking for opinions on the DLCs.

I also thought there was supposed to be a DLC that had movie characters, but that's not the same thing as the Crew Expendable one. I was asking because they're on sale this weekend.

If I wanted to dig through old posts, yes, you're right, I absolutely could have done that.

I did look at the Steam store pages, but I was asking for opinions on the DLCs.

I also thought there was supposed to be a DLC that had movie characters, but that's not the same thing as the Crew Expendable one. I was asking because they're on sale this weekend.

If I wanted to dig through old posts, yes, you're right, I absolutely could have done that.
I only pointed out the old posts so you'd know where to look to get your answers. The exact questions you asked were answered recently. It takes 30 seconds to find them. Secondly, Crew Expendable is one of the two with the 79 characters. The other is Last Survivor.

RIP the Destiny 2 beta, the game's looking really good, I'd purchase it if I get a deal at ~$40.
You could try your luck at Steamtrades. I found a trader that accepted a PUBG Steam key ($21.89 w/ the GMG 27% off coupon) for a Destiny 2 code. They also helped with activation on my GeForce Experience account since I don't have the required card. This was about 2 months ago though. I'm almost certain you could find something in the $30 range right now.

I really liked destiny 2. Great action, gunplay, music and voice acting. Will buy it later this year

Edit: and it worked like charm on my potato (i3)

if you got a 10xx card you can probably find a ~30$ nvidia code
I don't have one, I'm still waiting for the pascal successor to upgrade my gpu

You could try your luck at Steamtrades. I found a trader that accepted a PUBG Steam key ($21.89 w/ the GMG 27% off coupon) for a Destiny 2 code. They also helped with activation on my GeForce Experience account since I don't have the required card. This was about 2 months ago though. I'm almost certain you could find something in the $30 range right now.
That sounds like a good idea, thanks for the advise.

I really liked destiny 2. Great action, gunplay, music and voice acting. Will buy it later this year

Edit: and it worked like charm on my potato (i3)
More PC versions should have the technical excellence & wizardry that Bungie has going on here.

That is one of the best technical PC ports that I've seen since probably Doom 2016.

GTX 970 here @ 1440p, 60FPS in-game (with very little & very few drops), 60FPS lock via NVidia Inspector, V Sync Off, mostly High settings, Ambient Occlusion - can I really ask for much more than this?

With same settings at 4K, had performance b/t 20-40FPS mostly. Better than most games for me at 4K (other than WWE 2K15&16 and MK XL). But, naw; 4K for me is not worth it for this kind of fast-paced shooter; so I stuck w/ the dream-like performance of 1440p 60FPS.

More PC versions should have the technical excellence & wizardry that Bungie has going on here.
It's been several years since I've tweaked gpu settings and such. I have an 7600k @ 4.5, 16gb @ 3200, and a 1080 I haven't gotten around to tweaking yet. I switched the video settings to highest and mostly played 1440p at 50-65 fps. 4k was around 20-30 and reminded me of console, ha. What settings would you recommend lowering to get closer to 40-60fps at 4k?

That is one of the best technical PC ports that I've seen since probably Doom 2016.

GTX 970 here @ 1440p, 60FPS in-game (with very little & very few drops), 60FPS lock via NVidia Inspector, V Sync Off, mostly High settings, Ambient Occlusion - can I really ask for much more than this?
Game developer Vicarious Visions handled the PC port of Destiny 2. They're mainly known for their work on a ton of Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS games. I think they knocked it out of the park as well. The game looks and feels great on PC w/ KB+M.

It's been several years since I've tweaked gpu settings and such. I have an 7600k @ 4.5, 16gb @ 3200, and a 1080 I haven't gotten around to tweaking yet. I switched the video settings to highest and mostly played 1440p at 50-65 fps. 4k was around 20-30 and reminded me of console, ha. What settings would you recommend lowering to get closer to 40-60fps at 4k?
just try turning off DOF. I have a similar setup though I run at 1080p and I was consistently getting 130-150fps, and I wouldnt think 1440 would drag it down by half. But I also always run with DOF turned off and Ive heard it does make a fair amount of difference on d2. Also switch to SMAA, never use MSAA, MSAA will always hammer any card, if your goin for 4k you may even be able to just go to fxaa since your such a high res that AA really doesnt matter anywhere near as much

isnt it more a repeating episode of "to catch a predator"

Fox lures someone into his car and that person is never seen alive again?
But, he has the best candy of all, nose candy.

Listen, ghost life is hard. You have to abide by some ancient ghost law where any communication beyond the spectral plane must be done in obtuse riddles. It's safe to say that if anybody wants to murder me, you won't have to worry about me tattling on you to any psychic cops on the case.
duly noted.

Whelp, the wife and I have hit 100 hours on No Man's Sky. I absofuckinglutely love this game.

Some things to try:

Turn off Ambient Occlusion.

Turn off DoF.

See if you are "okay" with how it looks without that stuff.

One thing I often do: if I turn off AO (which is even more extra shadow & lighting stuff rendering in real-time), turn the gamma and brightness down a bit (or a lot, if you're okay with that - depends on the game, to me) so it ain't as obvious that some shadows & lighting are missing.

You also could turn down a bit the out-in-the-distance rendering's quality, the distance, or both. I had that stuff on Medium, actually.

I should also note: I was using FXAA. That form of AA doesn't really take much hits on most modern systems, so you might as well use it, as a bare minimum for AA settings.

New Free Update for The Division with patch 1.8 "aka don't leave us for Destiny 2 cause we got kids and need our jobs!"

Looks good truth be told:
New map area, new PVE mode (looks like a horde mode), and finally a real PVP mode comes free to the Division. (which looks like a simple 4x4 team deathmatch)

Edit Guest staring the USS Intrepid even if they got the hull number wrong... 44 is actually the lowest hull number (for a carrier) never used by the United States so it's use wasn't by chance. (Guess they were worried about being sued?)
sounds all good, but meaningless till they release next GE and what classified sets will be next.

PUBG has an almost 1 gig update.  For people who have slow internet (me) you better get started downloading it just in case it is needed after Little Metropolis Found in Stereotypical Witching Burning State of New England. 

Also I probably won't be around until 10:45 EST tonight at the earliest.

PUBG has an almost 1 gig update. For people who have slow internet (me) you better get started downloading it just in case it is needed after Little Metropolis Found in Stereotypical Witching Burning State of New England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI2jeeFPp9M

PUBG has an almost 1 gig update. For people who have slow internet (me) you better get started downloading it just in case it is needed after Little Metropolis Found in Stereotypical Witching Burning State of New England.

Yeah, by that time Bah will have probably got his fill of yelling how tarnation stupid all the flummery is and we'll have quit and moved to PUBG.

Derpus Ex: Mankind Derpvided for $15... getting closer. Seem like bundle fodder, though.
Deus Ex: MD is a great Deus Ex game, but needs a worthwhile conclusion - since the end feels like a set-up and trailer for Mankind Divided Part 2. I really hope a Mankind Divided sequel is still in the works b/c it feels like possibly whole chapter, some chapters, or maybe even a full game is missing.

While the DLC's are good and more MD, I do have to give a special mention to A Criminal Past. That DLC's great - and does a few different, interesting, and cool new things w/ the gameplay, storytelling, and especially its setting (i.e. prison).

the current setting that produces a stable 60fps at 4k is SLI 1080 Ti.

with the regular 1080, 1440p, 60fps is achievable. I seriously doubt that you could get a stable 60fps at 4k with only a single 1080 gtx

Maybe you could wait until NVIDIA Volta is out and see

Embarrassed to have these.   Twice as embarrassed to have duplicates.

L86FI-F?W?5-QEMH2

7HQD3-4G7X?-378GV

7J0F5-62G*B-CKD3K

F420V-F8*MC-G0XH3

?=T *=W

No give-backs.  

So apparently there's going to be some sort of Star Wars fan event tomorrow, called "Force Friday II", in order to hype up the upcoming Episode VIII film... which would explain why GamersGate is running a Disney Interactive sale right now - they're trying to get some sales BEFORE other stores go live with their own sales.

I checked SteamDB and this is on there...

header.jpg

https://steamdb.info/app/706410/subs/

Sale incoming.

Also of note, a bunch of DOSBox-based Star Wars games have been getting updates recently...

It is; it's on the PC! ;)

Oh, you mean the client platform. Yeah, BNet isn't on Steam's level.

Nobody's on Steam's level w/ client-features.
The community hub as a whole, is on a ridiculous level.

But honestly, despite how great all the steam features are. It's really all about wanting all my games in one location

The community hub as a whole, is on a ridiculous level.

But honestly, despite how great all the steam features are. It's really all about wanting all my games in one location
You have them installed in one location - on a hard drive, right? ;)

bread's done
Back