Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last night board game week continued with some Armello. Bah expressed doubt that Armello should count as a board game but it has a hex map and you draw cards and Bah should just shut up and stop bitching. I played a rat assassin (as in a rat who is an assassin, not someone who assassinates rats), Bah was the same wolf guy he was last time I believe, Fox played Lady Bear and Goose was some drugged up rabbit. Although Lady Bear propelled me to victory last time and Fox had an early lead, ultimately Goose won by cheating -- by which I mean he actually knew how to play the game. I stand by my previous feelings that it's not everyday fun but a good game to break out now and again.

Tonight is Mysterium which I suppose someone should play through early but likely no one will. It also says it's "cooperative" which means we'll spend our time trying to find creative ways to screw one another over.
If you have ever played dixit board game its got a lot in common. One person is a ghost, and is basically giving these image cards to the players to get them to guess certain things. Ghost is trying to get the players to find its murderer. Ive played the board game once, as while ago but dont know how the computer game works.

If you have ever played dixit board game its got a lot in common. One person is a ghost, and is basically giving these image cards to the players to get them to guess certain things. Ghost is trying to get the players to find its murderer. Ive played the board game once, as while ago but dont know how the computer game works.
That sounds nothing like dixit.

Just played the beta's opening... Its certainly interesting. Runs great (I think I would really have liked to have had a FPS counter on screen), looked great. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. There wasn't enough visual clues on where to go (A mark on my mini-map doesn't really cut it nowadays), sounded great (though the soundtrack wasn't that great... And its odd to be playing a game again with a built in sound track during combat), and I think I picked up one weapon in the entire time I played... Might have been an hour. So I'm not sure I would compare the game to Borderlands, Diablo, or The Division.

If I find it for the right price I'll likely pick it up but I don't feel compelled to have it now...
The game has an fps counter built-in.

https://assets.vg247.com/current//2017/08/destiny_2_beta_pc_menu_gameplay_options.jpg

I agree with everything else you said though. I was pretty confused most of the time playing it but the performance is good and shooting dudes feels pretty satisfying. I think the beta is intentionally lacking most of the loot elements, but I'm no Destiny expert.
As one of the resident Destiny nerds I can assure you that this beta is nothing like the full game. Think of the beta as a very small slice of two of the handful of PvP modes available, one PvE story mission (supposedly there will be 80 missions and activities), and one of probably 6-7 PvE strikes. The loot aspect of the beta has been significantly held back intentionally as you need to be able to access social spaces & the open zones/maps.

I wish the PC beta had access to at least one zone (even if restricted) to give new Destiny players a better understanding of the game. The OG Destiny beta provided this. The staggered release on console/PC is partly to blame. I also think they don't want to reveal too much of the story, and opening a zone might reveal too much information that they want to keep under lock and key.

Any chance you buy it day one so you won't pine for a sale for the next year or so? :)
You know the answer to that is "Hell no."

EDIT:

As one of the resident Destiny nerds I can assure you that this beta is nothing like the full game. Think of the beta as a very small slice of two of the handful of PvP modes available, one PvE story mission (supposedly there will be 80 missions and activities), and one of probably 6-7 PvE strikes. The loot aspect of the beta has been significantly held back intentionally as you need to be able to access social spaces & the open zones/maps.

I wish the PC beta had access to at least one zone (even if restricted) to give new Destiny players a better understanding of the game. The OG Destiny beta provided this. The staggered release on console/PC is partly to blame. I also think they don't want to reveal too much of the story, and opening a zone might reveal too much information that they want to keep under lock and key.
Since I think the Destiny 2 PC Beta's so awesome - my God, I can then only guess how awesome the Full Game will be...

I had a blast last night w/ the Control & CoOp missions.

BTW, dig further into the options menu - there is a FPS Counter in-game that you can run in-game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my first chicken dinner in PUBG. This time though was a total cheese run, had it on in the background and muted just to punch idlers as I was working. Decided I would take the three kills I had and auto-run for the circle on the other end of the map. Once I looked over and realized I was in I dropped, waited for the next circle, and so on and so on. Ended up hiding in the final circle with no weapons just the clothes I parachuted in with until there was just one other player left. I was 10 or so feet from him in grass and he never saw me. As the final circle collapsed and he started using boost to outlive whoever was out there I ran at him, fully expecting to die and threw a jump punch that killed him. GOTY.

Finally got my first chicken dinner in PUBG. This time though was a total cheese run, had it on in the background and muted just to punch idlers as I was working. Decided I would take the three kills I had and auto-run for the circle on the other end of the map. Once I looked over and realized I was in I dropped, waited for the next circle, and so on and so on. Ended up hiding in the final circle with no weapons just the clothes I parachuted in with until there was just one other player left. I was 10 or so feet from him in grass and he never saw me. As the final circle collapsed and he started using boost to outlive whoever was out there I ran at him, fully expecting to die and threw a jump punch that killed him. GOTY.
Best lore ever.

These are the kinds of deep stories you can have with PunchingUnknownsBecauseGeraniums.

MysterD saying ME:Anteater has a better story is making my face tired.

Anyone play Absolve r yet?

Kinda wanna get it...since I has le Gabenbooku
Nope. Ain't played it yet.

Not sure how much mileage I'd get out of that, given its campaign is said to be only around 3-5 hours. Though, it does sounds like a lot of the fun of the game is being in the game-world online & fighting other players (so you also can learn their skills).

I guess, if anything, given the crazy amount of options and ways you could build out your combat deck - that could be a way to boost replay-ability, until the game brings its 3v3 mode. Hopefully, they do add more content than just *that*.

EDIT:

OMG, THERE'S ALIENS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANET AND OMG LET'S INTERSPECIES fuck, AND OH YEAH LET'S SAVE THE PLANET!
There's more to ME1-3 (especially) and even ME:A than just *that*. What you're describing there is more of a plot & summary here, not an actual story (provided by the developers) w/ some actual development. Mind you, ME:A isn't that great at this stuff, but it isn't a total blank slate either. It's just...not on the Edmonton level of greatness, TBH; not even bloody close.

In ME:A, you're actually also colonizing planets from scratch, too....besides the typical saving the world from an alien species trope.

Though, in terms of story development, character stuff, writing, narrative, and actual prose - it's probably going to be almost impossible to top Planescape: Torment. They don't really make games in that style anymore, TBH.

OMG, THERE'S ALIENS AND THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE THE PLANET AND OMG LET'S INTERSPECIES fuck, AND OH YEAH LET'S SAVE THE PLANET!
There's more to ME1-3 (especially) and even ME:A than just *that*. What you're describing is more of a plot & summary here, not an actual story w/ actual development. Mind you, ME:A isn't that great at this stuff, but it isn't a total blank slate either. It's just...not on the Edmonton level of greatness, TBH; not even bloody close.

In ME:A, you're actually also colonizing planets from scratch, too....besides the typical saving the world from an alien species trope.

Though, in terms of story development, character stuff, writing, narrative, and actual prose - it's probably going to be almost impossible to top Planescape: Torment. They don't really make games in that style anymore, TBH.

so evful.

You just smashed a man's chicken dinner with your jump punch

I hope you are happy...

Nope. Ain't played it yet.

Not sure how much mileage I'd get out of that, given its campaign is said to be only around 3-5 hours. Though, it does sounds like a lot of the fun of the game is being in the game-world online & fighting other players (so you also can learn their skills).

I guess, if anything, given the crazy amount of options and ways you could build out your combat deck - that could be a way to boost replay-ability, until the game brings its 3v3 mode. Hopefully, they do add more content than just *that*.

EDIT:

There's more to ME1-3 (especially) and even ME:A than just *that*. What you're describing there is more of a plot & summary here, not an actual story (provided by the developers) w/ some actual development. Mind you, ME:A isn't that great at this stuff, but it isn't a total blank slate either. It's just...not on the Edmonton level of greatness, TBH; not even bloody close.

Planescape: Torment. ... Planescape: Torment is primarily story-driven and combat is not prominently featured. The protagonist, known as The Nameless One, is an immortal who has lived many lives but has forgotten all about them, even forgetting his own name.

That's how PUBG is as well. Show's how much you know.

That is actually amazing, I can't imagine very many people have won a game with a superman punch. Times like this make me wish pubg would record your matches. It would be awesome to rewatch your matches you win especially from other people's perspectives.

That is actually amazing, I can't imagine very many people have won a game with a superman punch. Times like this make me wish pubg would record your matches. It would be awesome to rewatch your matches you win especially from other people's perspectives.
I've started using the record function built into Windows Anniversary (if you have Windows 10). Press Win + G in game and it pops up the record option. So far haven't recorded anything good, but I'm hopeful.

so evful.

You just smashed a man's chicken dinner with your jump punch

I hope you are happy...
Very happy, scared the shit out of my dog when I started laughing.

I record most of my matches when playing for real just in case something like this happens. I enabled the shadow play/PUBG auto highlight thing now for future dumbness.

Planescape: Torment. ... Planescape: Torment is primarily story-driven and combat is not prominently featured. The protagonist, known as The Nameless One, is an immortal who has lived many lives but has forgotten all about them, even forgetting his own name.

That's how PUBG is as well. Show's how much you know.
Again, you're just summarizing here by giving just the plot. Planescape's much more than that, going into deals of Nameless One's numerous past lives & incarnations; and especially w/ how he has treated others in his past (especially those who are his fellow party members - which often is quite horribly). Its story & prose reads more like that of a book, since its from an era where graphics and cut-scenes really didn't do everything for the player.

And it has some of the best prose ever put forth in a game - with style, substance, flavor, and meaning.

Examples of in-game writing quality below within spoiler tags.

ravelmaze002.gif

2-Torment_2011-01-30_21-03-33-73.png

lothar-conversation-ravel.jpg

Again, you're just summarizing here by giving just the plot. Planescape's much more than that, going into deals of Nameless One's numerous past lives & incarnations; and especially w/ how he has treated others in his past (especially those who are his fellow party members - which often is quite horribly). Its story & prose reads more like that of a book, since its from an era where graphics and cut-scenes really didn't do everything for the player.

And it has some of the best prose ever put forth in a game - with style, substance, flavor, and meaning.

Examples of in-game writing quality below within spoiler tags.
ravelmaze002.gif

2-Torment_2011-01-30_21-03-33-73.png

lothar-conversation-ravel.jpg
5 minutes to Wapner

Planescape's PUBG is much more than that, going into deals of Nameless One's Deadlylikeafox's numerous past lives & incarnations; and especially w/ how he has treated others in his past (especially those who are his fellow party members - which often is quite horribly). Its story & prose reads more like that of a book.
ftfy

Seems to me PUBG and Planescape Torment are surprisingly similar with the prose and grandeur of PUBG winning out slightly.

New Free Update for The Division with patch 1.8 "aka don't leave us for Destiny 2 cause we got kids and need our jobs!"

https://youtu.be/Addk7cl5smg

Looks good truth be told:
New map area, new PVE mode (looks like a horde mode), and finally a real PVP mode comes free to the Division. (which looks like a simple 4x4 team deathmatch)

Edit Guest staring the USS Intrepid even if they got the hull number wrong... 44 is actually the lowest hull number (for a carrier) never used by the United States so it's use wasn't by chance. (Guess they were worried about being sued?)

All this talk of 3000th game gives me an idea for all you trashware devs:

1000th Game: The Game

2000th Game: The Game

3000th Game: The Game

Each with 1000, 2000, 3000 achievements!  OMG!  

Rejoice. You can finally activate steam keys in the browser. 

Code:
https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey

bread's done
Back