Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My first and only MMO is TSW (love that game). I know nothing about Guild Wars 1 or 2, but at that price I'm willing to take a chance. How it is? I can just start playing GW2 Or I'll be really lost without having played GW1? Can be played solo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamers Gate:

Daily Deal: Door Kickers for $10

Weekend Deals:

Sleeping Dogs and DLC up to 75% off

Talisman games up to 75% off
Probably a good time for Talisman's Season Pass to go on sale given the newest Humble. It's $24, but remember that the B2G1 free is going on. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy more than 2 of the same title at GG. :whistle2:(

My first and only MMO is TSW (love that game). I know nothing about Guild Wars 1 or 2, but at that price I'm willing to take a chance. How it is? I can just start playing GW2 Or I'll be really lost without having played GW1? Can be played solo?
Yea, mostly solo. Lots of jump puzzles if that's your thing.

GW1 and GW2 are basically separated by a couple hundred years. GW1 you saw the beginning of the end, GW2 you see the after effects. There is some nostalgia stuff in there but not enough that it'd hamstring your enjoyment. I had fun last time I played my Mesmer but that was a bit back.

And I know that the content is worth it.. but some people like to factor in DLC (which is exactly what that living legend crap is) when they make a purchase so I put it out there. I don't recall sticking to that game longer than 2 months. The market was broken when it launched and screw me big time.. then I went back no one I knew played and I was anti-social so I went to play a newer game.

Probably a good time for Talisman's Season Pass to go on sale given the newest Humble. It's $24, but remember that the B2G1 free is going on. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy more than 2 of the same title at GG. :whistle2:(
Well at least those of us who got it during the winter sale could've picked it up for $11.25 from GMG at the time. That's some consolation until they add it as next weeks bonus.

You can start with GW2, it takes place a couple hundred years after 1 and there isn't much story overlap other than some backstory stuff.

It's mostly soloable, but you will need to be in a group for dungeons or pvp. You can queue to be put with other people for both though. Some of the other content like world bosses requires other people as well, but you don't necessarily have to be grouped with them.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/334040/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_1

I am intrigued by this game.  I know it is likely to be a major disappointment, but I can wish.  Imagine a game where it's survival/last man standing but could go on forever until everyone else was dead?  I know this is far from it, but that's what came to mind.  A persistent world where you needed to hide while AFK and could also die due to environmental causes (hunger, thirst, tigers, etc.).  

I am intrigued by this game. I know it is likely to be a major disappointment, but I can wish. Imagine a game where it's survival/last man standing but could go on forever until everyone else was dead? I know this is far from it, but that's what came to mind. A persistent world where you needed to hide while AFK and could also die due to environmental causes (hunger, thirst, tigers, etc.).
Survival where you kill everyone else? That's sane. Shouldn't you be cooperating, u know to have better chances to survive.

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is on Steam though (at least in America). The only more recent LEGO games that weren't immediately on Steam are LEGO Pirates, LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Rock Band, and LEGO Pirates just got put on there by Disney last year (as well as a bunch of other Disney PC games).

Would be cool if they brought LEGO City Undercover or some older LEGO games though.
... interesting, Gamersgate gives me a blank game list. "Not available in your region."

As for the games... LEGO City Undercover will never be available on PC because it's a console exclusive game. Published by Nintendo. So it's stuck on the Wii U forever, just like Bayonetta 2.

Lego Rock Band was never released on the PC - none of the Rock Band games ever were. Only Guitar Hero had a few releases on the platform and they were all kinda... bad ports.

I am intrigued by this game. I know it is likely to be a major disappointment, but I can wish. Imagine a game where it's survival/last man standing but could go on forever until everyone else was dead? I know this is far from it, but that's what came to mind. A persistent world where you needed to hide while AFK and could also die due to environmental causes (hunger, thirst, tigers, etc.).
It sounds very similar to the Battle Royale mod for Arma http://battleroyalegames.com/

I guess it's also apparently in H1Z1 now too.

It sounds very similar to the Battle Royale mod for Arma http://battleroyalegames.com/

I guess it's also apparently in H1Z1 now too.
Survival competitive multi-player game with persistent world & players was pretty much the mission statement of Rust. Including the ability to freeze/starve and be eaten by a bear. Granted, it didn't have the same "Single winner" aspect to it. I imagine if someone had a server you could lock it against new players entering or even mod it to kick people upon death and have the same effect.

CqUbdBO.png

So many idling cards...

Thats typically how Windows works.

XP was great, Vista sucked, 7 is pretty close to great, 8 sucked, but I will give them that Ive grown to like 8.1. Its still a bit clunky and I dont like not having the traditional Start button (I refuse to mod it in), but 8.1 has grown on me. I've not had any issues with it whatsoever and everything I throw at it has worked in respect to both programs and peripherals. I definitely dont hate 8.1 whereas Vista was Satan's OS.

If we go by this, Windows 10 stands to be good at least.
StartMenu8 solved all of my Windows 8.1 issues w/ the Start Menu.

It basically lets you have both Win 7 Start Menu + Win 8 Modern UI.

You can even set the two different menus up with different hotkeys (in case you need to use Metro).

You can also decide which one shows up in the lower-left hand corner, as well.

I'll never understand the love for the start menu other than "that's the way it's always been." The notmetro interface has issues, but it's still better than the start menu.

I got Win 8 and then 8.1 specifically for the upgrade to my Direct X textures.  I use Stardocks Start8 and set it all up like I like it.  Never need to use whatever that mess of touchscreen wall BS is.  And I get the perks of better DX.

I ditched Start8 when 8.1 came out. It has its own start menu with right clicking on the Windows button and I've gotten used to that.

Now I find myself trying to right click the start button in 7 and am like Hey why isn't it working? :p

Because I can only help so much the people who make Steam groups promising free games once greenlit...

The following games have until 31 January for members of the relevant Steam group to request their copy:

Forsaken Uprising
http://whosgamingnow.net/reserve/forsaken

The Slaughtering Grounds
http://whosgamingnow.net/reserve/tsg

Ukrainian Ninja
http://whosgamingnow.net/reserve/uaninja

Corona MotorSport
http://whosgamingnow.net/reserve/corona
Is it too late to be invited to these groups? Friends?

You probably signed up on their website for a beta key.

https://www.blocknload.com/signup/
Nope, wasn't that.

I think Playfire has a promo for them this week too.
Yeah, that's where I got it from, but for why?

I'll never understand the love for the start menu other than "that's the way it's always been." The notmetro interface has issues, but it's still better than the start menu.
You want to see how I like my [customspoiler=desktop...]
yiAyVrk.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I do 90% of everything within the handful of items I have pinned to my start menu. Can't stand tiles, icons, whatever on my desktop. You can keep you peasantbox dashboard.

^

Im the same way. For me the metro interface was just way too cluttered and obtrusive. I like to have multiple things open on multiple monitors and be able to drag n drop between them and such, so if I have to jump in to metro to go open a dir and it takes up the whole screen it just feels like its invading my work area

Nope, wasn't that.

Yeah, that's where I got it from, but for why?

You want to see how I like my [customspoiler=desktop...]
yiAyVrk.jpg
[/customspoiler]

I do 90% of everything within the handful of items I have pinned to my start menu. Can't stand tiles, icons, whatever on my desktop. You can keep you peasantbox dashboard.
I used to have so many icons on my Desktop - all gridded-out, categorized, Fenced-off (with an old and free versions of Stardock Fences), and some stuff even 7Stacked into menu-lists (with 7Stacks), and everything. It took up the whole Desktop, pretty much.

I realized that - well, most of them, I really don't use a hell of a lot! Also, it took a bit of time to load all of this stuff on boot, as well.

So, I decided to change things.

I decided to just keep a few icons that I use a lot to boot-up w/ Windows and all Fenced - i.e. Steam, Avant, NimiPlaces, etc.

So, I needed a solution to figure out what to do w/ my old grid of icons. I didn't want all the work I put into that grid to go away entirely into the trash, either. So, I decided to move many of the Fences + 7Stacks that I didn't use a lot right over to NimiPlaces. So, the screen-worth of icons only show-up when I actually decide to boot-up NimiPlaces. I don't have NimiPlaces set to boot-up w/ Windows (which you can set either way, if you want) b/c I really don't use these icons much. If I need 'em, I'll just boot NimiPlaces up myself.

I used to have so many icons on my Desktop - all gridded-out, categorized, Fenced-off (with an old and free versions of Stardock Fences), and some stuff even 7Stacked into menu-lists (with 7Stacks), and everything. It took up the whole Desktop, pretty much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU

Quick question - is there a free screenshot tool that works with fullscreen games? I don't want to use Steam's screenshot thing because it only saves files in JPG format.

Is it too late to be invited to these groups? Friends?
You can't. Those groups have long since been locked and that ship has sailed.

It would kind of defeat the point of the whole keys for votes (in an actual organized way) thing if they gave them to people after the votes are no longer needed.

If it's any consolation, two are terrible and the third is a driving game made by someone not old enough to get his dtivers license.

Quick question - is there a free screenshot tool that works with fullscreen games? I don't want to use Steam's screenshot thing because it only saves files in JPG format.
FRAPS (free ver) saves in .BMP iirc. Most other framerate monitors have screenshotting/screen recording capability as well (e.g. MSI Afterburner)

FRAPS (free ver) saves in .BMP iirc. Most other framerate monitors have screenshotting/screen recording capability as well (e.g. MSI Afterburner)
I think Fraps uses watermarks.

Anyway, apparently Steam added a way to save lossless TGA screenshots sometime ago. And it seems to work fine, so... guess I'll be using that for now.

I played 107 hours of DA2 over the holidays. I'm in the early stages of what will likely be a 200+ hour DA:I playthrough. I thought I may have been done with it, but I've already decided my next gameplay will be returning to Skyrim thanks to recently discovering PerMa. I'm also gonna nuke my current install and re-mod it with all the nude mods I can find the graphics mods I previously couldn't run with my old GPU. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&x-yt-cl=84359240&v=aC8CHnymFhM

I bought it at games rocket. One thing I don't mind are my MMO's not being steam. TSW never got cheap enough on steam for me to pick it up....and it was never as cheap as que MysterDerp, "that time it was 5.xx at GMG ;)"
So I bought Elder Scrolls online from the Nazi's over at gamesrocket....my order is still processing with an estimated arrival time of 5-15 minutes and I purchased it over 24 hours ago.

They even had some shitty phone verification after I ordered it that I completed, got an email that said I was verified...

Maybe they run on nazi time, or they are warming up some sausage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNyTPUTfmkc

bread's done
Back