Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I thought main quest in Skyrim was fine but not really interesting. Bethesda just doesn't do interesting plots/writing (or at least they haven't since Morrowind, which of the Bethesda games i've played had the best writing/plot and by far the deepest rpg mechanics). FO4 also has four factions, and from what I've read it's actually deep enough to the point where you can't complete all the quest lines in one play through because there are conflicts between some of them. I'm not through the main story of FO4 so I can't speak as to how good it is, but it'd be hard to argue that the companions aren't better than the characters in skyrim. They're not great, but they're more developed than the empty shell of npcs you typically had in skyrim. As for the leveling system, if you were fine with Skryim's system you should be fine with this one. There actually is a fair deal of designing your character through leveling, but it's been streamlined where everything is done through perks now. Instead of having skills where each level you put so many points into different skills and pick a perk every other level or whatever, now in the beginning of the game you pick your special points and that governs what perks you do and don't have access to. Personally I think the changes it's made from FO3 are fine, I just preferred some things the way they used to be.
I agree that the Skyrim companions were mostly uninteresting (except that vampire chick in Dawnguard), but that was mostly just because they had very little in the way of significant backstories or other interesting things going on and they rarely popped up with commentary on what was going on unless it was directly related to their specific questlines like a BioWare NPC would do. However, the highlighted bit above is what concerns me--I like using skill points and making decisions about where to assign them. To me, that really smacks of "dumbing-down" the RPG elements to appeal to the shooter crowd.

I would really appreciate if when people labeled their games they drop they would write the correct game. I have been really wanting to add anus simulator 2014 to my steam account but misled per usual on that front.
That was "anus stimulator 2014"--big difference.

Speaking of Dominos, they recently ended their deal with shoprunner so no more free delivery.
Sadly one of the only real reasons to have a (glitched) Shoprunner account.

It slows down after you get to Novigrad looking for Dandelion. Don't give up though because Skellige is awesome.
Noivgrad was ok for me.. some of the quests were pretty damn good actually. And Dandelion isn't really in it that much (thankfully) - but yeah, I kinda wish I had gone to Skellige first since I'm doing a lot of side-quests and am now over-levelled a bit for the area.

On the other hand, Skellige's awesomeness has washed away ill feelings a few of the Novigrad quests left. I love all that Viking shit though, so maybe I'm biased.

That would be the exact point where I stopped giving a shit.
The things you have to do in Novigrad don't take that long and you could always switch off between Skellige and Novigrad quests. If Novigrad was just too dull for you, that is.

Sorry, I'm just really into Witcher 3 right now. 130+ hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greenman got banned for good from Reddit for being Shady McShaderson who lives on Shady Lane.

https://se.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/3t0p9m/rgamedeals_and_greenmangaming/

They wrote to Ubisoft, Activision and Warner who all told them GMG is not an authorized retailer of theirs (ya think? Those recent Anno 2205 and Mad Max sales were conveniently near CDkeys/G2A prices).

Reddit Game Deals seems to still be turning a blind eye and going don't ask don't tell on Funstock for the moment.
WarnerBros is odd, since afaik they did actually get keys revoked even if it took months. lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/3t0p9m/rgamedeals_and_greenmangaming/cx216b5

[–]GMG-PlayfireCS 23 points

3 hours ago

Hmm... for some reason this didn't make it through this morning when I posted it as a link but...

It's with a little sadness that I'm here to announce that Green Man Gaming is withdrawing from /r/GameDeals[1] [1] . We've been asked by the moderation team again to prove ourselves, and at this point I just give up - we're not willing to share our contracts with the moderation team, no matter how much they promise they won't share it; some things just are business confidential. Maybe this is a common occurrence, or maybe someone is pointing out when we have issues more than anyone else. Regardless, there isn't much point in fighting to keep this square meter of digital earth when there's a whole world of reddit still out there!
Hah, can you be any more shady? They talk about their 'contacts' like they're the CIA or something.

The things you have to do in Novigrad don't take that long and you could always switch off between Skellige and Novigrad quests. If Novigrad was just too dull for you, that is.
Novigrad just murdered the pacing. You went from trucking around the wide open countryside, finding side quests and points of interest as you went where the wind blew to going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth across the streets of the worst laid out city in urban planning history. Plus they somehow had less to do and see in the city than wandering the wilderness (this is a common issue with game 'cities' that are just sealed blocks of pseudo-stores). I'll probably get bored enough to get back to it some day but, man, that whole thing just took the shine off the experience in a hurry.

Novigrad just murdered the pacing. You went from trucking around the wide open countryside, finding side quests and points of interest as you went where the wind blew to going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth across the streets of the worst laid out city in urban planning history. Plus they somehow had less to do and see in the city than wandering the wilderness (this is a common issue with game 'cities' that are just sealed blocks of pseudo-stores). I'll probably get bored enough to get back to it some day but, man, that whole thing just took the shine off the experience in a hurry.
I do hear you about the pacing - and accept it - but I still liked the main quest-line, the Triss quests & a few of the side-quests in & around Novigrad. I also liked the High-Stakes Gwent tournament & it's subsequent quest.

If you do go back to it I do recommend the Fast Travel From Anywhere mod (it helps to jump around the city rather than running all over constantly) as well as jumping back and forth between the Skellige quests and the Novigrad ones.

Bubsy 1 & 2 are on Steam Greenlight

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553404370

Pack it up everyone, we're done here.
More furries on Steam?!?

No one's posted that Disgaea is coming to steam?
More animu on Steam?!?

QD06Rbn.jpg

Must've been fun if you did it twice
disgaea 1 and 2 u noob

I enjoyed everything in Disgaea 2 more than in the first one, but all of the main characters from D1 are in D2 and it's worth playing through the story so you can laugh at them in D2. It's such a looooong ass game if you want powerful characters, though. I used to play it a lot about 8-9 years ago. Throw enemies into each other, create a super monster, attack it a thousand times to get EXP, catch it, use it to pass laws to increase enemy levels, get your character leveled to 3000, then ascend him to level 1 just so he can get an extra 10 points added to his base stats. Rinse and repeat until he has 255 base ATK. THEN you can start hunting for the 0 rarity legendary you need to level to 100 to get to Item God 2 so you can steal his 0 rarity legendary, then level that to 100 just to fight the ultra level 9999 boss with 50 billion HP, but keep in mind you have to bribe the senators to pass the bill to allow you access to most of the places you need to go to on your way to finding that item. omg who haz time fo dat

Btw, reading that reddit thread, if you use Enhanced Steam mainly for price checks then start to check ISAD as well since GMG is/was dropped from the Enhanced Steam list.

Also GMG isn't, no wait is authorized to sell WB games. And if you hate shady, don't buy Ubisoft stuff from authorized GetGames, as according to Ubisoft they aren't (but also are) authorized.

It doesn't affect me one way or another if Reddit allows GMG on their site, but I a tiny bit surprised to learn that they don't have an official conduit on several of the big publishers. GMG hasn't exactly been hiding in some corner of the internet, you'd think they'd get quizzed about it from one of them. Still, some of those pre-order prices were too good to be legit.

Having said that, I've had pretty positive experiences with obtaining keys I've ordered from them, so it's going to be hard to resist a really good deal.

It doesn't affect me one way or another if Reddit allows GMG on their site, but I a tiny bit surprised to learn that they don't have an official conduit on several of the big publishers. GMG hasn't exactly been hiding in some corner of the internet, you'd think they'd get quizzed about it from one of them. Still, some of those pre-order prices were too good to be legit.

Having said that, I've had pretty positive experiences with obtaining keys I've ordered from them, so it's going to be hard to resist a really good deal.
So basically, Reddit riported Playfire...

My caveat emptor for the "shady" sites has always been a question of getting what you're paying for.  GMG has a pretty good reputation there so I don't see myself staying away.

Now, if they bone me on my JC3 key...

Any of you guys get in on the $190 Alienware alphas today? My PC will run circles around it but I'd have gotten one in a heartbeat for that price.

fuck reddit.

I found it on Slickdeals, the bastion of morality.  Sweet price.  No Windows and low specs makes it not a slick deal for most, but I'm sure it was a benefit to some.  

bread's done
Back