Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend showed me this new game in the works, Lost Ark. I'll let the trailer do the talking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL5zGvsmSM0

A friend showed me this new game in the works, Lost Ark. I'll let the trailer do the talking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL5zGvsmSM0
It does look really good. I just wish it weren't an mmo.

I don't go for mmos.

I was prepared not to like it when I saw it was an MMORPG, but I ended up watching the entire trailer -- it just got better and better as it went along. I sure wish it weren't an MMO because I'd be all over it.

I was prepared not to like it when I saw it was an MMORPG, but I ended up watching the entire trailer -- it just got better and better as it went along. I sure wish it weren't an MMO because I'd be all over it.
Kinda. Korean games are often incredibly grindy and overly flashy with little substance. Then you get the F2P that makes the grindy games even worse so they can make a quick buck. That's not to say this game is grindy or anything, but there's absolutely no way I can get excited for it having played a number of games made in Korea and nearly every one of them was a pretty snorefest.

Besides that, the trailer showed zero drops and the AI shown for the most part was absolute trash with nothing notably redeemable. This means it's more of a hype trailer than a real gameplay trailer (cuts from scene to scene too quickly and nearly all showed nothing useful). Basically worthless for any information outside of how graphically flashy it is. Zero meaningful information.

I'm horribly biased against most Korean games until I can actually have hands-on. Even then I'm often too hesitant to bother sinking any time in them. I've learned my lessons already.

Any resident CAG PC builders here, starting to get the inch to upgrade some stuff after getting new video cards. I opened up my case switched around all my fans and started thinking what else can I stick in here or upgrade. Here is my specs if anyone wants to help (Mostly Gaming/Graphic Design (Photoshop/Gimp): 

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 32 °C

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 (LGA1155) 34 °C

Graphics
(5760x1080@60Hz)
Asus Strix GTX 970 60 °C
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Asus Strix GTX 970 60 °C[/SIZE]

Storage
111GB Corsair CSSD-F120GB2 (SSD) 31 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 840 Series (SSD) 29 °C
931GB Seagate Barracuda (SATA) 33 °C

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]931GB [/SIZE]Seagate Barracuda (SATA)  33 °C

Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series

Any resident CAG PC builders here, starting to get the inch to upgrade some stuff after getting new video cards. I opened up my case switched around all my fans and started thinking what else can I stick in here or upgrade. Here is my specs if anyone wants to help (Mostly Gaming/Graphic Design (Photoshop/Gimp):

Operating System

CPU

RAM

Motherboard

Graphics
(5760x1080@60Hz)
Asus Strix GTX 970 60 °C

Storage
931GB Seagate Barracuda (SATA) 33 °C

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]931GB [/SIZE]Seagate Barracuda (SATA) 33 °C

Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
You're limited unless you want to move up to Haswell. That's my predicament as well. My only suggestion would be to bump the CPU to a 3770K. That would give you a little more headroom especially for OC'ing and it's still an Ivy Bridge CPU package. The most important piece you left out. What PSU are you using to drive all that stuff?

Operating System

CPU

RAM

Motherboard

Graphics
(5760x1080@60Hz)
Asus Strix GTX 970 60 °C

Storage
931GB Seagate Barracuda (SATA) 33 °C

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]931GB [/SIZE]Seagate Barracuda (SATA) 33 °C

Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
OMG @ you listing two 970's. Very nice.

Even one of those would've been nice.

My bet would be to go w/ more RAM for a quick and cheap band-aid. NewEgg has some Corsair RAM on sale cheap, if you check their latest e-mail w/ a voucher code. Not sure if it'll go w/ your mobo + current RAM - you'd have to look into that (Google is your friend). Me, couldn't resist it - so I'm going to be upgrading to 16 GB of RAM. That should take a little bit of pressure, strain + calculations off your i5.

Next up for me probably will looking for a new vid-card - probably, some kind of GF 970. Still waiting for a better price (than what's out there); figuring out which brand I should go with (MSI, EVGA, etc) for who has the better card + cooling design on it; and not sure who has the best warranty of those brands.

A lot of my recent PC games at 1080p settings, I've tried are running all over the place on my rig: i7 950, 1 GB VRAM GF GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit - i.e. Watch Dogs; X Rebirth; and The Evil Within DEMO. I'm getting tired of performance being all over the place on these newer games at 1080p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmWwpJBPkK4

hey guys afraid FC4 was gonna just be more FC3 but in a different setting? well worry no more, because it is EXACTLY that! anyways i enjoyed FC3 enough that i'll still play it, but i might hold out for a sale on this and get Dragon Age first instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmWwpJBPkK4

hey guys afraid FC4 was gonna just be more FC3 but in a different setting? well worry no more, because it is EXACTLY that! anyways i enjoyed FC3 enough that i'll still play it, but i might hold out for a sale on this and get Dragon Age first instead.
I just finished Far Cry 3 not too long ago - which I thought was an excellent open-world FPS.

Sure, story + characters seem to be sorely lacking, but the game was a blast to play - in which that seems to be an UbiSoft trait of late: i.e. also see Watch Dogs.

Far Cry 4 does look like basically more FC3 - which is fine and all, but I don't need more FC right now. Too soon for me. I still need to play Blood Dragon first, as well.

Just like yourself - Dragon Age: Inquisition seems to be #1 on my wanted list right now. I loved Origins; liked DA2 (probably more than most, despite its issues); and DA:I seems to look to have evolved w/ a mixture of DA:O + DA2, which is what I was hoping for: i.e. giving me better graphics quality + style upon release and the fast + stylistic combat of DA2; also also give me the strategic-cam + customizations galore that we had in DA:O.

Kinda. Korean games are often incredibly grindy and overly flashy with little substance. Then you get the F2P that makes the grindy games even worse so they can make a quick buck. That's not to say this game is grindy or anything, but there's absolutely no way I can get excited for it having played a number of games made in Korea and nearly every one of them was a pretty snorefest.

Besides that, the trailer showed zero drops and the AI shown for the most part was absolute trash with nothing notably redeemable. This means it's more of a hype trailer than a real gameplay trailer (cuts from scene to scene too quickly and nearly all showed nothing useful). Basically worthless for any information outside of how graphically flashy it is. Zero meaningful information.

I'm horribly biased against most Korean games until I can actually have hands-on. Even then I'm often too hesitant to bother sinking any time in them. I've learned my lessons already.
Did you play Aion? I feel like you played Aion.

Listen to the panda, chaps. He speaks truth.

So it looks like the pc version of Far Cry 4 review is embargoed until release date

http://www.pcgamer.com/why-our-far-cry-4-review-is-delayed/

This Company

picgifs-laughing-35443.gif

Did you play Aion? I feel like you played Aion.

Listen to the panda, chaps. He speaks truth.
I played Aion briefly just to see what all the hub bub was about. Others I have played are Lineage, Lineage 2, TERA (Briefly) and quite a few lesser known ones around the time of Lineage 1 & 2. Their names are lost on me. Asian MMOs in general tend to follow that formula. Magna Carta 1 Sequel & 2 were alright and not MMO, but console turn-based RPGs and one of the few that thankfully didn't follow the overly grindy formula.

Main reason why Korean MMO games fall into this category? To take advantage of the large amount of internet cafes they have there and maximize profit.

I've been online gaming since 1996 and I've tried far too many games. Far too many.

It does look really good. I just wish it weren't an mmo.

I don't go for mmos.
I believe it may have been mislabelled as a MMO. It looks more of a 4 player co-op campaign.

Kingdom Under Fire II was also labelled as an MMO and I'm still unsure that it actually is.

Oh great, looks like Ubisoft has another Assassin's Creed on their hands.

Ubisoft: Where innovation doesn't matter and the games stay the same

So, the whole "Man, should I play AC: Unity, FC4 or DA: I -- So many games!" thing sorta worked itself out, huh?
I don't think it was really a debate for me on what was next for me to want.

I been wanting DA:I for a while - and reviews look like it's what I was hoping for, especially after DA2. Thankfully, we ain't getting a new DA game every day year - that certainly helps matters.

I'm already behind on AC - still ain't got AC4; and still ain't even played my copy of AC Lib HD. So, I'm already behind on that series. Plus, I finished AC3 earlier this year (March). And they seem to be putting out too many AC's too soon.

Far Cry 4 looks like more Far Cry 3 - and I finished Far Cry 3 recently (September). Still ain't touched Blood Dragon. So, yeah - not interested in that yet, either.

Plus, I just got finished w/ Watch Dogs some 4 days ago. All AC games; FC titles since FC3; and Watch Dogs use the same mechanics of "unlock an area + its ton of side-missions by doing something at a main-spot" thing: AC uses reach the top of a big building; FC3 used towers; and Watch Dogs used certain area (which was either a strong-hold, fort, or base - in which you had to reach the designated spot).

Also, UbiSoft on the PC seems to constantly seem to keep screwing-up their PC games at least on the technical-side of late, anyways - i.e. see Watch Dogs + ACU.

All really good points. I liked all the flashy stuff, but you're right, there wasn't much gameplay on display in the trailer. I've never tried Korean MMOs because I avoid MMOs like the plague -- and any "free" grindy stuff.

I don't think it was really a debate for me on what was next for me to want.
It's not always about you :nottalking:

Considering that I found FC3 and AC: BF to be a billion-thousand times better than DA2, I was more optimistic about those games and tempted to play them first. Now all my hopes hinge on Bioware not to fuck this one up.

Just got the email that DA:I is ready to pre-download.  Of course, it was in Spanish and at first I assumed it was a "We canceled your order, who did you think you were fooling" angry-gram.

Now I'm off to celebrate with an authentic Gordita.

It's not always about you :nottalking:

Considering that I found FC3 and AC: BF to be a billion-thousand times better than DA2, I was more optimistic about those games and tempted to play them first. Now all my hopes hinge on Bioware not to fuck this one up.
Ain't played AC4: BF yet - can't speak on it.

Gameplay-wise, FC3 is flat-out tons better than DA2. First off - FC3 is just flat-out fun and a blast to play. IMHO, FC3 in many ways was a major improvement over FC2. FC2's cut + paste nature of safe-houses + outposts is one of the things that made FC2 so disappointing - actually, in the terms of recycling content, FC2 and DA2 have a lot in common there.

While DA2 does a much better job w/ story + character, as one would expect w/ a BioWare game - and since FC3 doesn't have much of anything going on worthwhile in those departments - DA2 comes down to not just being a spectacular games, by any means. With a lack of customizing for party members, a lot of recycled environments, removal of tac-cam, and lack of strategy necessary when in combat - DA2 comes off as disappointing in the gameplay department; especially when compared to DA:O.

I just got back from gamestop. I explained the situation about the coupon having the wrong date and they scanned it and it still worked. So i got the steal of the week coupon for free plus my points got refunded.

I guess you can say it truly was the steal of the week

newman.jpg

I just got back from gamestop. I explained the situation about the coupon having the wrong date and they scanned it and it still worked. So i got the steal of the week coupon for free plus my points got refunded.

I guess you can say it truly was the steal of the week
Um. Uh. What?

It seems you are lost son.

Last edited:
New Releases

QP Shooting- Dangerous!- $7.19

Lords of Xulima- $17.99

Survivor Squad: Gauntlets- $8.99

This War of Mine- $19.99

Frozen Synapse Prime- $21.24

Onikira- Demon Killer(early access)- $4.99

The Sun and Moon- $8.99

OCEAN CITY RACING- $2.99

Airline Tycoon Deluxe- $6.39

Wickland- $6.99

StuntMANIA Reloaded- $3.99

Miko Gakkou: Second Year- $5.39

Ensign-1- $9.99

Hell- $19.79

Phoenix Force- $7.19

Darkness Within 1: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder- $6.79

Grass Simulator(early access)- $8.99

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015- $39.99

Deadstone- $8.49

Randal's Monday- $22.49

Sneaky Sneaky- $4.49

Chariot- $14.99

Grass Simulator, really? 
AixfG.png

I already own Lords of Xulmia? I must have bought it during my intoxicated stint with Legend of Grimrock 2 and then promptly forgot about it after I finished Grimrock 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back