Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I'm guessing that the Sega Humble will follow Humble Jumbo 3. It seems too big of a deal (even though most of it's probably gonna be repeats) for it not to be a flagship bundle.

Oh and I'm guessing that the Sega Humble will follow Humble Jumbo 3. It seems too big of a deal (even though most of it's probably gonna be repeats) for it not to be a flagship bundle.
if that is the case, then the new Sega Humble will be on 18th, not 16th

and look like CoH will once again be in the bundle. Along with some old Total War title..

i think i will pass since there are too many repeats for me at this point (unless they have a shit load of Sonic which I own nothing but Sonic Racing Transformed)

if that is the case, then the new Sega Humble will be on 18th, not 16th

and look like CoH will once again be in the bundle. Along with some old Total War title..

i think i will pass since there are too many repeats for me at this point (unless they have a shit load of Sonic which I own nothing but Sonic Racing Transformed)
Jumbo ends on 25th.

15th vs 25th could be real mistake. I guess we will see what happens.

Don't know if anybody say latest Fry's E-Mail and got a local Fry's nearby...

In store only, $20-valued Steam Cards are only costing $15 w/ the promo code listed in the e-mail there.

Only one person, though.

This deal's good until Weds.

It'll probably be a flash re-bundle of the last one.
Reading CoH blog it says:

In order to receive the Oberkommando West Western Front Armies faction, your donation will need to fall into the second tier ‘beat the average’ level.

So, I think you are right zenii. it is certainly possible it will be an updated humble bundle from previous version.

I guess they will repleace COH1 with the 2nd part on the first tier.

Reading CoH blog it says:

In order to receive the Oberkommando West Western Front Armies faction, your donation will need to fall into the second tier ‘beat the average’ level.

So, I think you are right zenii. it is certainly possible it will be an updated humble bundle from previous version.

I guess they will repleace COH1 with the 2nd part on the first tier.
It's standalone DLC, so I don't think that base game is included too.

It basically allows to play multiplayer with that faction, anything else you'll have to buy actual game.

When I fired up idlemaster last night I had 280 cards, now I have 355 after scouring random bundle fodder.

The only downside to all this new free card money is that it sullied my beautiful textless grid icons.

When I fired up idlemaster last night I had 280 cards, now I have 355 after scouring random bundle fodder.

The only downside to all this new free card money is that it sullied my beautiful textless grid icons.
... I was going to ask if you still had them on your inventory but apparently you already listed them all. :p

i wouldn't bother buying a Pentium Anniversary chip unless it was just a placeholder to sell later toward an i5/i7/xeon. i.e. not worth the hassle save for an i5. (cause: oc not guaranteed, frame times, engines that want more than 2 cores, addition cooler purchase, inadequate for xfire/sli etc.) this chip is the classic selective benchmark beast.

Still playing and really enjoying the hell out of AC Unity. The technological issues aside (Im experiencing occasional framerate drops but nothing gamebreaking), this game is really quite excellent. Re-reading the reviews I don't really agree with much of the critical elements. That said, Ive not finished it, but the sheer amount of things to do in the game is really fantastic. The side missions are abundant and varied and the story missions (Im through Sequence 5) are well plotted out. There's a lot of new elements to use in taking out a target, diversions, etc. The co-op missions are also fun and easy to jump into without needing your friends on at all times. The city feels alive and the detail is still awe-inspiring almost a week since launch. I get the criticisms in respect to the tech issues, but once they're ironed out this is really a game that should be played. A critical element I do have and find annoying is there are "crowd events" that are optional but they repeat constantly. Tackle the pickpocket, kill some extorters, scare some bullies. That is not varied at all, but the assassin missions and side missions are quite varied.

Les Invalides dome

2ii9apl.jpg

Goat MMO Simulator

Coffee Stain Studios brings next-gen MMO simulation to Goat Simulator. You no longer have to fantasize about being a simulated goat in a simulated MMO, your dreams have finally come true!

Features
  • Five different classes: Warrior, Rouge, Magician, Hunter and Microwave
  • Complete dozens of quests, level up a hundred times and play five different classes that’s a ton of content you do the math, we all went to high-school well I didn’t I was too busy huffing paint behind the cafeteria
  • Level cap is 101, 1 level higher than you-know-what
  • Prolly not tons of content tho, but don’t hate be cool
  • Stay a while and listen to Dumblebore the Grey in Twistram
  • Faction warfare between goats and sheep
  • MMO simulation so good you’ll think it’s real
  • There are even elves and dwarves like in that movie

It just occurred to me that Torchlight 2 hasn't been bundled yet. Maybe the next numbered HIB?
Maybe but it took awhile for TL1 to be bundled and that was mostly to generate TL2 sales. Runic doesn't really have any source of income other than TL2 now so I'd expect it to take longer for a bundle.

Bullcrap - yes, DRM does matter.

If a game never gets its DRM removed officially by the dev's/pub or unofficially by someone - then we're screwed.

If a game never gets a re-release w/out DRM on place like GOG - then we're screwed.

Imagine if Riddick: Dark Athena never got a DRM-FREE version on GOG.

Sometimes, DRM has been nasty and has ruined people's systems, optical drives + caused OS stability issues, especially when they have drivers - i.e. see old retail versions of StarForce.

Also, DRM like StarForce was OS-specific - so for a while, when new OS's like Vista came out, any games laced with their DRM could not run your retail games like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory + Beyond Divinity. Either you had to hope StarForce updated their DRM for newer OS's (which they later did - so their DRM-laced games could work on Vista), someone unofficially removed it; ran the game on another PC; dual-booted the older OS it worked on onto your PC; or hoped a game company at least officially removed the DRM-check (like Larian did w/ Beyond Divinity).

If you can't access your game b/c it has phone-home checks or wants activation b/c servers go offline or the DRM isn't always reliable - you're screwed. See what was happening to player who bought X3: Terran Conflict during X-Mas a few years back on Steam; and those who bought Tages-laced DRM from Amazon DVG when Risen 1 was on sale. Luckily, those games got their DRM removed b/c of issues like this - or else gamers would've been likely wanting refunds galore b/c they purchased a non-working product.

The only good thing about DRM systems like Origin + Steam when they're used alone is they really don't have other malicious + preventive protection crap going on that can cause issues. Origin + Steam are more logical: they're account-based and as long as you can get into your account online every now and again, you don't really have to worry really about any of the other garbage that Securom, Tages, StarForce, and other DRM's have done to gamers and their system b/c those shoddy DRM's try all kinds of other nonsense that can cause problems to your system or cause your legit-owned game to not work properly.
Amen. Games I have been fuck ed by. Dungeon Siege and black and white. After I learned a starforce laced copy of space rangers 2 killed my buddies drive I didn't even open mine. It just sat there opened, already past the return date. Fallout 3 I couldn't get to work. I kept getting some weird error. Went through all the trouble shooting steps. Finally contacted Bethesda and found out I had to update games for Windows not mentioned anywhere, pointless drm that there was no mention of patching out when it looked like Microsoft was pulling support for the service. I know modders have already stepped up and filled this gap and yeah it's an old game but damnit it's one I plan to get around to in the next year for my first play through. I shouldn't have to go to the mod community for basic playability.

Drm hurts paying customers, others will wait for it to be broken and it always is.

Question for the hardware gurus here.

My brother's interested in replacing his archaic laptop with a newer computer that won't choke on Civ: Beyond Earth (stop sniggering in the back). Would this be a good, cheap replacement that would allow him to run most modern games at a reasonably-good framerate (>30fps)? He does most of his gaming on the PS3/4 but I'd like for him to have the option to run newish PC games for a while too. 

Daily Deal

Sakura Spirit - $9.99 $3.39

Weeklong Deals

Defy Gravity Extended - 2.99 0.29
3SwitcheD - 9.99 0.99
The Tiny Bang Story - 4.99 0.49
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - 4.99 0.49
Incoming Forces - 9.99 1.19
Survivor Squad - 8.99 1.25
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition - 39.99 5.99
POSTAL - 4.99 0.74
Adam's Venture Episode 1: The Search For The Lost Garden - 4.99 0.99
Adam's Venture Episode 3: Revelations - 4.99 0.99
Adam's Venture Episode 2: Solomon's Secret - 4.99 0.99
Avadon: The Black Fortress - 9.99 1.99
Chrome - SpecForce - 4.99 0.99
Chrome - 4.99 0.99
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi - 9.99 2.29
Mashed - 4.99 1.24
SuperPower 2 Steam Edition - 9.99 2.49
Racing Manager 2014 - 19.99 4.99
Cold War - 4.99 1.24
POSTAL 2 - 9.99 2.49
Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead - 19.99 4.99
Terrian Saga: KR-17 - 4.99 1.24
Dangerous Waters - 14.99 3.74
Desert Gunner - 4.99 1.24
Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts - 19.99 4.99
Starpoint Gemini - 13.99 3.49
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes - 19.99 4.99
Syberia II - 19.99 4.99
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart - 19.99 4.99
Syberia - 19.99 4.99
Naval War: Arctic Circle - 19.99 6.79
Cities in Motion - 19.99 6.79
Rover Rescue - 4.99 1.69
Horizon - 29.99 10.19
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav - 19.99 6.79
Electronic Super Joy - 7.99 2.79
Oozi: Earth Adventure - 4.99 1.99
MDK 2 - 14.99 7.49
MDK - 14.99 7.49
Sledgehammer / Gear Grinder - 7.99 3.99
Doorways: Chapter 1 & 2 - 9.99 4.99
GoD Factory: Wingmen - 19.99 9.99
Over 9000 Zombies! - 7.99 3.99
Super Motherload - 14.99 7.49
Descent 3 - 9.99 4.99
MirrorMoon EP - 9.99 4.99
Descent 2 - 9.99 4.99
Wyv and Keep: The Temple of the Lost Idol - 14.99 9.74
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery : Episode 1 - 4.99 3.74
Lords of the Black Sun - 29.99 22.49

My brother's interested in replacing his archaic laptop with a newer computer that won't choke on Civ: Beyond Earth (stop sniggering in the back). Would this be a good, cheap replacement that would allow him to run most modern games at a reasonably-good framerate (>30fps)? He does most of his gaming on the PS3/4 but I'd like for him to have the option to run newish PC games for a while too.
Meh, honestly I wouldn't recommend that to any "gamer". An OC'd G3258 is what I'd recommend for a bottom dollar CPU, ideally, I'd say start with an i3 at least. A GT 610 is going to struggle with yesterday's games, let alone modern ones.

My brother's interested in replacing his archaic laptop with a newer computer that won't choke on Civ: Beyond Earth (stop sniggering in the back). Would this be a good, cheap replacement that would allow him to run most modern games at a reasonably-good framerate (>30fps)?
It's above the recommended specs. How it runs in particular? I'm not the best at that. It should be reasonably decent but keep in mind we're up in the 900's card-wise. The processor is only a dual core when the recommended is a quad core.

That being said.. Beyond Earth.. is just not good so far. The AI is mind numbingly terrible. And the tech tree isn't at all as informative as previous iterations. But that's just me. And I'm a MASSIVE Civ fan. That game, I just.. can't get into it.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB? extremely weak. My Intergrated Intel graphic card can blow that out of the water.

You better off leave the poor guy on console with 30 fps.

$900 range should help him run newish PC games but not sure if it is too much for his blood, considering PS4 is sub $500

Meh, honestly I wouldn't recommend that to any "gamer". A OC'd G3258 is would I'd recommend for a bottom dollar CPU, ideally, I'd say start with an i3 at least. A GT 610 is going to struggle with yesterday's games, let alone modern ones.
Well, he's not a system-builder (and frankly, neither am I at this point: I haven't put a computer together in 15-odd years), so will he be able to get away with something in the $500-600 price range or is he looking at more along the lines of $900-$1,000?

Meh, honestly I wouldn't recommend that to any "gamer". A OC'd G3258 is would I'd recommend for a bottom dollar CPU, ideally, I'd say start with an i3 at least. A GT 610 is going to struggle with yesterday's games, let alone modern ones.
Well, he's not a system-builder (and frankly, neither am I at this point: I haven't put a computer together in 15-odd years), so will he be able to get away with something in the $500-600 price range or is he looking at more along the lines of $900-$1,000?

What about this?

It's above the recommended specs. How it runs in particular? I'm not the best at that. It should be reasonably decent but keep in mind we're up in the 900's card-wise. The processor is only a dual core when the recommended is a quad core.

That being said.. Beyond Earth.. is just not good so far. The AI is mind numbingly terrible. And the tech tree isn't at all as informative as previous iterations. But that's just me. And I'm a MASSIVE Civ fan. That game, I just.. can't get into it.
He might share your opinion, but he can't even get it to run properly on his computer now. (He bought it the week it came out, because he's a huge Civ fan.)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1GB? extremely weak. My Intergrated Intel graphic card can blow that out of the water.

You better off leave the poor guy on console with 30 fps.

$900 range should help him run newish PC games but not sure if it is too much for his blood, considering PS4 is sub $500
I don't know exactly what his budget would be, but I figured I could give him a range of potential options. He really has even less of a clue than I do about hardware (I actually used to know a lot about it in the days of my callow youth).

Ahhh. This makes me sad to hear. I was saving my Gabenpennies for this game. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back