Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys wanna see something?    Look at these guys asking $100 for a game that comes out this tuesday that will be $15.

PLEASE NOTE: We are very aware that $100 is an insane amount to pay to get a game just a few days early! NecroDancer will be sold via Steam for only $14.99 on July 30th, which is very soon :)

L6Tlc8J.gif

This shouldn't be derping funny. And yet we somehow derpingly haven't hit the point of diminishing derps for this joke yet. I derp'd.
it's as versatile as the word fuck

I just got one of those recently too. I swear they put higher odds of boosters on shitty low value games.
wow, same here

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24566]
Who the fuck marks their 700th steam game?
same kind of person that marks their 458th game

Guys, I have 457 games...what should the big 458 be?
The Baconing

You guys wanna see something? Look at these guys asking $100 for a game that comes out this tuesday that will be $15.

PLEASE NOTE: We are very aware that $100 is an insane amount to pay to get a game just a few days early! NecroDancer will be sold via Steam for only $14.99 on July 30th, which is very soon :)

L6Tlc8J.gif
you already bought it, right?

unrelated note

Have NecroDancer

Want $150 paypal or 1 gold bar

i'll make sure to set their slider to 0 and give it to charity when this gets bundled
"We'd like to ensure that you're aware that none of the money raised during the NecroThon is being kept by the NecroDancer team! 75% goes to the charity pool and 25% to the prize pool for the casters themselves "

giphy.gif

Is it wrong I don't see issue, and even kind of like the charging $100 for access a few days earlier?

Nothing wrong with cashing in on stupid people who can't wait a couple days for a game imo. Then again I also like cosmetic dlcs (for somewhat similar reason).

I honestly think some of these indie devs do outrageous shit just to get attention and be ironic hipster anti-establishment counter culture. Like the dude who raised the price of his game to some ridiculous amount during the Because We Can sale Because He Could.

Then again these days with "Free" to play games charging people as much as $100 for early access and Kickstarters putting early access into higher donation tiers I suppose what he's doing isn't so anti-establishment anymore. It's pretty much the norm these days to shake down the most devoted fans for every nickel they can get from them.

It's eyerolly, but I think (hope) most of us here have the good sense and cheapness to not fall for that sort of shenanigans.

I honestly think some of these indie devs do outrageous shit just to get attention and be ironic hipster anti-establishment counter culture. Like the dude who raised the price of his game to some ridiculous amount during the Because We Can sale Because He Could.
This! It's really cheap publicity, at least they'll get some minor buzz on the gaming sites and some forums. I imagine it's hard to get noticed in the deluge of me too indie trash.

re: DotD

Saw this posted in one of the Steam reviews for it and I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA97SqR9jvY

Just sold a regular Deponia: The Complete Journey Card for ~$0.50, feels good.
Does Deponia the Complete Journey have different cards than the separate Deponia releases? I have Deponia 1/2 and the complete collection...so just wondering cause if so i'll idle the cards on the separate releases and play the complete one.

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Lume
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Humanity Asset
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Soulbringer
  • Wizardy 6 + 7
  • GEARCRACK Arena
  • Gun Metal
  • Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
  • Syberia II
  • The 39 Steps
  • BlackSoul: Extended Edition
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Trauma
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker

New donor only list:

• KnightShift
  • Rush for Glory
  • The Howler
  • Spirited Heart Complete
  • Who's That Flying?!
  • Worms
  • Worms Pinball
  • Zack Zero
  • Zombie Bowl-o-Rama
  • T.E.C. 3001
  • Shadows of the Vatican - Act 1: Greed
  • Soul Gambler

Remember to donate to benefit Seattle Children's Hospital. You can do that right here on my Extra Life page. Every cent goes to help the kids, and you can get on my donor list to get first crack at all the cool games!

New donor only list:

• KnightShift
  • Rush for Glory
  • The Howler
  • Spirited Heart Complete
  • Who's That Flying?!
  • Worms
  • Worms Pinball
  • Zack Zero
  • Zombie Bowl-o-Rama
  • T.E.C. 3001
  • Shadows of the Vatican - Act 1: Greed
  • Soul Gambler

Remember to donate to benefit Seattle Children's Hospital. You can do that right here on my Extra Life page. Every cent goes to help the kids, and you can get on my donor list to get first crack at all the cool games!
  • Spirited Heart Complete please?

re: DotD

Saw this posted in one of the Steam reviews for it and I'll just leave this here.

https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=QA97SqR9jvY
I gave the Landmark Beta a try a couple months back... uugh. The framerate was awful (for everyene) at the time, it had reportedly been better back in Alpha.

Resource gathering was dull as heck. And yes, it took a whole lot of resources to even make an axe. I've put in my years of WoW, along with other MMOs. Resource gathering can be cathartic. I'm well used to the grind of resource gathering. But that act it's self should have some level of enjoyment. Landmark was clearly missing that.

After realizing that I spend the remainder of my short time in Beta just running around and checking out other people's creations.

Edit: I did listen to that overly long winded video, and I agree with everything he said, but damn he likes to hear himself talk. WTF can't youtubers get their short points across in 3-5 min?

Also I still miss fishing in WoW... I know that sounds dumb, but it's oddly mindless and relaxing/addictive.

The Stained dev will no longer be providing steam keys to those that bought the Indie Royale Debut 3 bundle. His reasoning can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302870/discussions/0/45350245134540811/#c37470848363733929

So if you didn't email them for a key previously.. you're out of luck.
He's equating bundle buyers with pirates... all of those pirates would have bought the game at full price.

The Stained dev will no longer be providing steam keys to those that bought the Indie Royale Debut 3 bundle. His reasoning can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302870/discussions/0/45350245134540811/#c37470848363733929

So if you didn't email them for a key previously.. you're out of luck.
TL;DR - He got impatient and starting handing out keys by email when Indie Royale didn't get back to him right away, then when they did they couldn't block the people who he already gave keys from getting them again and he got really hung up on that so decided no one gets keys instead of letting a few people have an extra. Oh and boo hoo his game isn't selling just like 90% of other indie games since Steam opened the floodgates.

The indies all complained that Steam was too exclusive and got jealous of the few that were able to get in and were big successes. What they don't realize is the double edge to that sword is that once (almost) everybody can get in your game doesn't stand out anymore and you have to make an effort to promote it on your own because just being a new release on Steam isn't enough when there's 10 or more new releases each day.

Please and thanks!
Sent. Have fun!

Thanks!

Edit: Ninja'd while being cutesy >.<
Oops! Will have another key for it soon!

• Spirited Heart Complete please?
Sent. Enjoy!

Can I have this one? :pray:
You got lucky. I almost missed your edit.

I'm pretty good at breathing, so I think this game is for me.
Sent.

Can I grab this one please Doctor Dresquatch?
And sent.

Have fun, kids!

*waits for next bundle the game is in with steam key
Pretty much. Unless he gets really creative which it doesn't sound like he will, then he's going to have to bundle it again at this point to get any kind of sales because it's just sitting there and no one is noticing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back