Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Gen. Discussion & Info

I am never, ever going to finish boss battles mode on anything other than very easy.

Those are the only challenges left unlocked on the challenge board.

[quote name='Wolfkin']in SSE which are the levels I need to go back to the levels WITH the little flags or the levels without?[/QUOTE]
I believe WITHOUT. Iirc, there is no incentive to achieve 100% in SSE besides personal glory. Correct me if I'm wrong boys and girls. Also, the only CAG I'm aware of that has unlocked everything is JoeB (based on his Backloggery).

[quote name='dastly75']Played this game for the first time in awhile with Hero last night, good stuff.[/QUOTE]
What the F?! I thought he banished himself like Yoda. I think the commute is driving him crazy.

it's the Wii.. without personal glory there's no other reason to turn it on. Besides I completed Melee and I'll be whippersnappered if I don't complete Brawl. Though I suck anus at Home Run Derby so I don't know how I'm gonna do that.

[quote name='evergoo']I believe WITHOUT. Iirc, there is no incentive to achieve 100% in SSE besides personal glory. Correct me if I'm wrong boys and girls. Also, the only CAG I'm aware of that has unlocked everything is JoeB (based on his Backloggery).

What the F?! I thought he banished himself like Yoda. I think the commute is driving him crazy.[/QUOTE]

You're right about Subspace. I 100%'d that thing, and got nothing.

The only things I cared about unlocking were the characters and stages. I think all the single player modes are kinda boring, so unlocking anything else would be more of a chore than anything.

I don't believe I've 100 percented subspace, and I still have a few things left on the challenge board. I've come very close to beating intense on boss battles only having a sliver of life on the last one, but alas...

Hero, what's your gf's AIM name so I can tell her you broke her law. :p

Once a gamer, always a gamer. You need to put your foot down and tell her you don't wear the panties in the relationship.

[quote name='maximumzero']This kind of stuff seems like such a waste of time when less than 1% of the population of Wii owners can pull it off, or much less even care.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

Why you rollin yer eyes? You don't even play it no mores! Fat penguin tosser sumbitch.

As for the video itself, kinda neat, but I see it more as a really fancy palette switch than anything else. Besides, when he starts dancing in mid-fall, it sort of...ruins it for me.

Max: The point is less than a small percentage can do it, and more than it represents A) a willingness for people to mod and hack, which B) could be very useful if Nintendo were ever to more fully embrace such things as viable forms of game extension.

Which is to say, in the next Smash, taking level creation/sharing to the next level, as well as adding in the ability to further extend the roster itself.

I am with you, Strell. Nintendo could sell a ton of discs of SSBB+... a few new characters, a few new stages, a little better online with rankings and such. (Oh, and some kind of "reward" for finishing the sub-space emissary!!! Duh, why wasn't that obvious to you, Nintendo?)

Maybe we can benefit from the "casual" game revolution: since Nintendo actually saw potential in Wii Fit Plus, maybe they'll see the light and give us SSBB Plus.

[quote name='soonersfan60'](Oh, and some kind of "reward" for finishing the sub-space emissary!!! Duh, why wasn't that obvious to you, Nintendo?)[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about? You saved the world! Isn't that reward enough?

[quote name='evergoo']What's up with all these penis avatars? I've seen 2 now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

gooAwwwwYeah2.gif

[quote name='evergoo']Also, the only CAG I'm aware of that has unlocked everything is JoeB (based on his Backloggery).[/QUOTE]

I have to believe more CAG's have completed this game to a 100% level, as I have and I am consistently on the lowest tier of CAG's in the brawl tourneys. I managed to get all 128 challenges complete without the use of a single hammer, but I got hung up on the Boss Battle Intense run for a very, very long time as I could only use my main, Samus, for the run (I've heard Charizard is the way to go, but I couldn't pull it off). When I finally beat it, I stared at the TV in disbelief for at least a minute. I did cheat and use a turbo GC controller rubber-banded down to farm for the last 3 stickers of the lot of 700, but I was able to beat all events (solo/event) on intense, along with a 100% SSE run on intense. If I can do this, I know all the other CAG's I've played online surely have the skills to do it.

I figure it's just got to be the time commitment and the lack of a centralized/integrated Nintendo achievement/trophy system. I know there are people here who hate achievements and trophies, but I really wish Nintendo would implement an integrated system into their next console for all its games, as I love the defined meta-game challenge of them. /end rant

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueLobstah']Still not quite as terrifying as Pikaman![/QUOTE]
I hope you're referring to Yunkie's Cock-mas and not my gif. ;)

Wjhard63: We surely have the skills to beat it.
Intense Boss Battles is nowhere as frustrating as Fat Princess' Gladiate mode. :bomb: I cry myself to sleep, failing. :whistle2:(
The problem is some of these trophies are TEDIOUS. Beat everyone on All-Star and Classic, collect every single sticker, etc. Every now and then, I'll boot up Smash again and try to achieve one of those trophies but it gets mundane quickly. Some of us are also stingy on using any hammers. I think it has to do with being a perfectionist or something. Heh.

Btw, I was wrong about Joe. He still needs some stickers and trophies. :lol: You're #1 Wjhard63. We should keep a running list.

Right, I have some stickers and trophies to get yet. Capturing the enemies in Subspace gets boring. But some day!

But the wall o' stuff is all unlocked because of Dedede's hammer. :)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Besides, I've moved on from Dedede. Who needs royalty when you have the power of aura?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maigoyume']He speaks the truth[/QUOTE]

People who don't want to be wrecked by Snake, Marth, DK, and Wario. :lol:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Besides, I've moved on from Dedede. Who needs royalty when you have the power of aura?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='maigoyume']He speaks the truth[/QUOTE]

People who don't want to be wrecked by Snake, Marth, DK, and Wario. :lol:

I should take a day off from work, and spend the eight hours at home, trying to get the last of the stickers!

-_-

That would suck. I get bored after a few minutes of sticker farming/coin launcher, etc. The perfectionist in me will get them all, eventually.

It is my I'm-tired-of-looking-at-the-computer-at-work beard. The beard grows by itself. It doesn't need permission. It will soon grow large enough to take over the world and attack evergoo in the butt.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Brawl tournament this weekend. Live stream. I'm there.

Shoutout to CAG will happen. Get @ me.[/QUOTE]

Link please.

Evergoo and me are playing in 10 minutes. Feel free to join if you like. Nevermind, I got tired of waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hero and I played for about an hour. Fun times, especially since I haven't played on a regular basis in awhile (August?).

In one game, I completely forgot to use any of Snake's mines. That's how out of shape I am. :lol: I'm getting better at timing that 4-hit aerial kick combo though.

Is there anywhere, where I can pick this game up for less than 50 dollars? I don't like how Nintendo is keeping their star titles full price. :/

doubt it. Melee never dropped. Brawl might if they institute PC but so far it hasn't happened. I don't mind Nintendo's evergreen price but only when their games are cheap like $30. I can tolerate that. Brawl is a bit expensive and unfortunately likely to remain so. The Brawl sales are long gone my friend.

Well I guess I could go for Amazon Used game prices. I need a second copy of this game, because my first copy... unfortunately was in the Wii and got knocked over 4-5 times, because of the gamecube controller cord knocking it over.... *Sigh*

Never even had a chance to go online with it. :/

bread's done
Back