Superbowl XLI Thread

I have never seen the colts so rattled. They get the ball in the second half first and with that high octane offense I'm not celebrating yet

[quote name='jlarlee']I have never seen the colts so rattled. They get the ball in the second half first and with that high octane offense I'm not celebrating yet[/quote]

But the real problem with Payton Manning is that he just gets knocked out of a game and never really gets back into it, the guy isn't exactly known for come from behind victories.

Reminding me of that Vikes Pats game earlier in the year. Only difference is, we Know the Vikings offense is terrible, the Colts are just nutters.

Anyone else NOT watching the Super Bowl this year? I can't stand either the Bears or the Patriots--I can't imagine how boring that game is going to be.

[quote name='Plinko']Anyone else NOT watching the Super Bowl this year? I can't stand either the Bears or the Patriots--I can't imagine how boring that game is going to be.[/quote]

I'll watch it in the hopes that the Patriots will be beaten.

[quote name='Plinko']Anyone else NOT watching the Super Bowl this year? I can't stand either the Bears or the Patriots--I can't imagine how boring that game is going to be.[/QUOTE]
Gives us a chance to avenge that ass whooping in the mid 80's

[quote name='zionoverfire']But the real problem with Payton Manning is that he just gets knocked out of a game and never really gets back into it, the guy isn't exactly known for come from behind victories.[/QUOTE]

The year Ty Law picked him off 4 times he almost brought them back. I saw the replay on the NFL network yesterday and forgot how close that game was at the end

[quote name='Plinko']Anyone else NOT watching the Super Bowl this year? I can't stand either the Bears or the Patriots--I can't imagine how boring that game is going to be.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, but I am weak and I will still watch. Heck, I'd watch even if it wasn't the superbowl just cause I like to watch football. And it's fun to watch something that pisses you off.

For the first time in my life, no.

I don't give a damn about the Bears and I despise the Pats and Peyton Manning. As soon as it looked like New Orleans wasn't going to make it the NFL season ended in my mind.

I am enjoying seeing Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy choke away yet another shot at the Super Bowl though. As much as I hate the Patriots if they win it all again it won't be anything out of the ordinary. Seeing Peyton in the Super Bowl is the greater evil in my opinion. It'll be interesting seeing all those die-hard Manning fans defend their boy's struggle to win anything meaningful yet again.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So this is what Cubs' fans and Red Sox fans (for a while anyway) felt like.[/QUOTE]

This is what Vikings fans feel like.

[quote name='2Fast']Time to fire Dungy and trade your picks for Gruden.[/QUOTE]

There's no need to get rid of Dungy since it seems the Colts are perfectly content with finishing in second place or worse in the conference year after year.

[quote name='starman9000']This is what Vikings fans feel like.[/QUOTE]

Trust me bro. Us Eagles (and Philly fans) have it the worst in all of sports.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So this is what Cubs' fans and Red Sox fans (for a while anyway) felt like.[/QUOTE]

No the Cubs and sox bring losing up another level. Freak things happening at the end of games makes a loss hurt even more

[quote name='jPoD']Trust me bro. Us Eagles (and Philly fans) have it the worst in all of sports.[/QUOTE]

Philly fans in general might have it worse, but the Eagles don't have it worse than the Vikes. Only the Bills can rival us.
(But the Colts do have a special place, as they have been losing a lot to the same beast)

[quote name='2Fast']Time to fire Dungy and trade your picks for Gruden.[/QUOTE]

It isn't Dungy's fault, it is Peyton's. Dungy in TB always had a really crappy offense and the one time he went deep into the playoffs had Shaun King as his QB. Now he has the same problem on the opposite side of the ball. Peyton has never won a big game and is a loser like his old man and his brother. I can't wait to hear him throw people under the bus after the game.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I can't wait to hear him throw people under the bus after the game.[/QUOTE]

"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but we had coaching issues. What? Hell no, it ain't my fault. I'm Peyton 'The Greatest Quarterback Ever to Play in the NFL Who Doesn't Need to Win Anything to Validate My Superiority Over Everyone Else and Therefore can Blame Everyone Else when my Team Loses' Manning."

[quote name='jlarlee']No the Cubs and sox bring losing up another level. Freak things happening at the end of games makes a loss hurt even more[/QUOTE]

Not all the time for the Cubs, most of the time they are just bad. Hell they had to blame their losing on goats after years of losing.

The #1 thing i'm noticing is the shittiest game plan on offense i've ever seen, the Colts think they can bomb it 20 yards and Harrison and Wayne will score TD's. Little problem, the Patriots CB's can keep up, the Colts need to go back to running with Addai.

Patriots vs Bears...ugh.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It isn't Dungy's fault, it is Peyton's. Dungy in TB always had a really crappy offense and the one time he went deep into the playoffs had Shaun King as his QB. Now he has the same problem on the opposite side of the ball. Peyton has never won a big game and is a loser like his old man and his brother. I can't wait to hear him throw people under the bus after the game.[/quote]
The team was the same after Gruden took over, it's just that Gruden lit a fire under their ass; something the Colts obviously need.

(anyway it was more or less a joke)

[quote name='captainfrizo']"I'm trying to be a good teammate here, but we had coaching issues. What? Hell no, it ain't my fault. I'm Peyton 'The Greatest Quarterback Ever to Play in the NFL Who Doesn't Need to Win Anything to Validate My Superiority Over Everyone Else and Therefore can Blame Everyone Else when my Team Loses' Manning."[/QUOTE]

I pwn fools with my rocket laser arm

[quote name='CaseyRyback'] I can't wait to hear him throw people under the bus after the game.[/QUOTE]

I love how even the announcers always try to back him up. He is one of those QB's who always gets the "reciever must've taken the wrong route" excuse. After that TD pick tonight, I swear they were trying to think of a way to blame Harrison, but ended up by just saying it was an amazing play by Asanti.

[quote name='David85']Why is everyone acting like the Pats have won it? They haven't, half the game is left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they are playing the Colts with Peyton Manning at quarterback and Tony Dungy as the head coach. It's pretty much over even at halftime.

[quote name='David85']Why is everyone acting like the Pats have won it? They haven't, half the game is left.[/quote]

Because Brady + Bellichick = Manning in fetal position

[quote name='David85']Why is everyone acting like the Pats have won it? They haven't, half the game is left.[/QUOTE]

The same reason Chargers fans knew the game was over after that fumble last week. It's hard to get that monkey off your back.

this must be the first game u have seen of these 2 teams against each other.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I can't wait to hear him throw people under the bus after the game.[/quote]

Isn't it great how year after year it's always someone else's fault? Let's see whose left to blame? It was the field goal kickers fault last year, refs the year before, the patriots at least once before that, uh-oh looks like it's time to blame Dungy.

Now comes the real test, as Brady hasn't been on the field for like an hour. I think people are forgetting that the Colts still have to play D.

What's more annoying?:
Special Teams players going crazy after a tackle
Wide Receivers doing their little hand gesture calling for a flag
Receivers doing the first down signal
Guys doing some sort of dance after getting a sack

Well now it's only an 8 point game. That said, I don't even like the Colts that much but I can easily say what I just said to my friend, that with a whole half to play and only a two score lead you can't totally discount them, against any team really...

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Well now it's only an 8 point game. That said, I don't even like the Colts that much but I can easily say what I just said to my friend, that with a whole half to play and only a two score lead you can't totally discount them, against any team really...[/quote]

A lot of their wins early in the year were second half comebacks.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Well now it's only an 8 point game. That said, I don't even like the Colts that much but I can easily say what I just said to my friend, that with a whole half to play and only a two score lead you can't totally discount them, against any team really...[/QUOTE]

You can't discount them in the regular season, playoffs however are a different story. Don't forget that the other team has the opportunity to get the ball back and score some points of their own. Indy may come back to make it more competitive, but I highly doubt them coming back to win the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Oooh. Very nice pass and catch for the 2 pt. conversion.[/QUOTE]

Looked like he may have lost control on the catch and it slid futher down on his body, didn't see a replay though so I could be wrong.

[quote name='starman9000']All you non-believers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they would come back.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned.

However, evening the score is one thing, winning the game is another.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Looked like he may have lost control on the catch and it slid futher down on his body, didn't see a replay though so I could be wrong.[/quote]
I didn't see anything that would be conclusive enough to warrant a challenge.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Well I'll be damned.

However, evening the score is one thing, winning the game is another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless they go up by 2 scores, they are in trouble.

(Patriots need to stop trying to run, they can throw at will against the cover 2, so they should)

bread's done
Back