The Charles in Charge OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AngellicLulu']that's tauruskatt[/QUOTE]

Heh, I should have known.

She's hot. I'd do her.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Shouldn't you be incensed at the term "bitch"? Or did the D&D cancellation take all the fight out of you? :lol:[/QUOTE]
I'm drained emotionally. I have nothing left.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ahh a fellow Palahniuk fan I see. Have you had a chance to read his newest one, Haunted? OH and yes I am extremely jealous of your signed Stranger than Fiction, did you get it signed personally or buy it after the fact?[/QUOTE]

I haven't picked up Haunted yet, but I will soon. The signed Stranger Than Fiction was a gift.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']that's tauruskatt[/QUOTE]

wasn't kittie's post sexist? i mean, you just complained about others talking poorly to/about females and then kittie refers to someone in that pic as a bitch (assumingly the girl) and you know who shes talking about (if girl = bitch) and answer

EDIT: i think i was a little late to the game, i lose

[quote name='AngellicLulu']...
I'm drained emotionally. I have nothing left.[/QUOTE]

Join us Lisa....

Free college...and a hot plate!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I haven't picked up Haunted yet, but I will soon. The signed Stranger Than Fiction was a gift.[/QUOTE]

I went through the trouble of preordering Haunted from overstock so I'd have it as soon as possible and in fact even did get it a couple days early. Now its sat on bookshelf ever since without even a single paragraph read.

[quote name='kittie']I now understand why Cheapy hates female posters.[/QUOTE]
Nah, he hates SHITTY female posters. Those are the ones who suffer his wrath. ;-)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I went through the trouble of preordering Haunted from overstock so I'd have it as soon as possible and in fact even did get it a couple days early. Now its sat on bookshelf ever since without even a single paragraph read.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I haven't picked it up yet. I just have too much to read/watch/play right now.

[quote name='Mike23']Join us Lisa....

Free college...and a hot plate![/QUOTE]
Ah, good old George Plimpton...

Wait a second, that episode sucked ass!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yeah, that's why I haven't picked it up yet. I just have too much to read/watch/play right now.[/QUOTE]

So which one of his books is your favorite? Something tells me its Fight Club.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So which one of his books is your favorite? Something tells me its Fight Club.[/QUOTE]

Fight Club is my favorite, but I think Survivor is his best. If that distinction makes sense. :lol:

[quote name='zewone']:rofl: @ Jimmie having Morbid's pictures at hand ready for anytime. That's dedicated hate.[/QUOTE]

Well, the feeling is mutual.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Well, the feeling is mutual.[/QUOTE]

Shut up Karl. You ever notice that nobody here ever talks TO you, they just talk around you?

Hit the bricks.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hopped Up On The Q[/QUOTE]
Nestle Quik?
Nesquik-4.jpg

[quote name='JimmieMac']Shut up Karl. You ever notice that nobody here ever talks TO you, they just talk around you?

Hit the bricks.[/QUOTE]

Morbids in my corner. If there was a huge melee here at CAG, I got his back.

[quote name='zewone']Yo! Led's a fagmodel.[/QUOTE]

Put down the spraypaint, leaf-blower.

Also, you sent 'Kado his shirt yet? Or is he gonna have to start bangin' on the door like the damn police at 3 AM 'til he gets his product? Just like the old days?...

[quote name='JimmieMac']Led gets his ass whipped with extension cords, and not in the good way.[/QUOTE]

So is the price I pay for a good cup of coffee.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Fight Club is my favorite, but I think Survivor is his best. If that distinction makes sense. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I gotta go with Lullaby, it started kind of slow but when it hit its stride it had me actually laughing out loud at school in student union. Survivor was actually the first of his that I read and was very quirky and interesting. In fact, its been like 3 years since I've read it, I should reread it after I finally get around to Haunted. I still also need to get Stranger than Fiction. I'm not sure if you've read it or not but his book about portland, Fugitives and Refugees may be a quick read but it isn't too bad either. I just don't think he can write a horrible book though.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Shut up Karl. You ever notice that nobody here ever talks TO you, they just talk around you?

Hit the bricks.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Hit the bricks.[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony...

Hit the bricks.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k Interesting, there were a few people talking to him a page or so back.

[quote name='Ledhed']Put down the spraypaint, leaf-blower.

Also, you sent 'Kado his shirt yet? Or is he gonna have to start bangin' on the door like the damn police at 3 AM 'til he gets his product? Just like the old days?....[/QUOTE]
I sent it. I like keeping you on your toes. Graffitti reference...nice.

[quote name='zewone']I sent it. I like keeping you on your toes. Graffitti reference...nice.[/QUOTE]

I liked the Mexican reference even more.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I liked the Mexican reference even more.[/QUOTE]
That's a given though. Everyone talks about me being Mexican, but ledfag did suprise me with two jokes I havent' heard about myself yet.

[quote name='Moxio']Goddamn crappy night CAG server! :([/QUOTE]
It's happened almost every night, and will probably happen until Cheapy gets the new server up and running.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Yeah, that's why I haven't picked it up yet. I just have too much to read/watch/play right now.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. Haunted just isn't very good. And I'm saying this as a huge Chuck Palahniuk fan. Haunted is lame.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Nestle Quik?
Nesquik-4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Word.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I gotta go with Lullaby, it started kind of slow but when it hit its stride it had me actually laughing out loud at school in student union. Survivor was actually the first of his that I read and was very quirky and interesting. In fact, its been like 3 years since I've read it, I should reread it after I finally get around to Haunted. I still also need to get Stranger than Fiction. I'm not sure if you've read it or not but his book about portland, Fugitives and Refugees may be a quick read but it isn't too bad either. I just don't think he can write a horrible book though.[/QUOTE]

Lullaby was good, but it didn't feel like a typical Palahniuk. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Survivor was the first one I bought, but I've only read it a few times compared to 10+ for Fight Club. Of course, when you can read a book in the amount of time it takes to watch the movie you tend to do so more often. :lol: I have Fugitives, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm sure it's an interesting read.

If I had to rank them, best to worst, it'd go something like this:

Survivor

Fight Club

Choke

Lullaby / Diary (not sure here)

Invisible Monsters

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's happened almost every night, and will probably happen until Cheapy gets the new server up and running.[/QUOTE]

That's good news.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I gotta go with Lullaby, it started kind of slow but when it hit its stride it had me actually laughing out loud at school in student union. Survivor was actually the first of his that I read and was very quirky and interesting. In fact, its been like 3 years since I've read it, I should reread it after I finally get around to Haunted. I still also need to get Stranger than Fiction. I'm not sure if you've read it or not but his book about portland, Fugitives and Refugees may be a quick read but it isn't too bad either. I just don't think he can write a horrible book though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he can write a horrible book. See above. But I do agree, Fugitives and Refugees is a pretty good book for basically being a travelogue. Survivor is his best book, easily.

Hit the bricks.[/QUOTE]

Wow. All that time for a "shut up." You really arre slipping.

And, is it just me, or does Jimmie seem so neurotic/psychotic that he actually thinks he's a wrestler? I mean, if you look at most of his posts, they sound like promos, he always says he's gonna kick someones ass, AND, this is the kicker: He has a completely shitty catchphrase! "Hit the bricks?" PSHAW.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Gotta go through me as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xevious']Morbids in my corner. If there was a huge melee here at CAG, I got his back.[/QUOTE]

Why thank you. Same to both.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Word.

Lullaby was good, but it didn't feel like a typical Palahniuk. I guess that can be good or bad depending on your viewpoint. Survivor was the first one I bought, but I've only read it a few times compared to 10+ for Fight Club. Of course, when you can read a book in the amount of time it takes to watch the movie you tend to do so more often. :lol: I have Fugitives, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm sure it's an interesting read.

If I had to rank them, best to worst, it'd go something like this:

Survivor

Fight Club

Choke

Lullaby / Diary (not sure here)

Invisible Monsters[/QUOTE]

You've gotta read Fugitives and Refugees, its short even for a Palahniuk Novel. There's one story in there involving acid, a mink coat, and a laser show. That was the hardest I've laughed in a long fucking time.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Yes, he can write a horrible book. See above. But I do agree, Fugitives and Refugees is a pretty good book for basically being a travelogue. Survivor is his best book, easily.[/QUOTE]

I thought Diary wasn't that great due to the fact that it almost felt like a chore just finishing the book but I still thought it wasn't that bad. Like I said, its been about 3 years since I read Survivor (oddly enough I read it when I was on a trip to New Orleans...). Good ol' Tender Branson though, what a character. I read Survivor and then didn't read anything else of his until about a year ago when I read Lullaby then I enjoyed it so much that I went on a Palahniuk-binge where I read all of his novels that were out, except Stranger than Fiction. I've been a huge fan of his ever since though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's happened almost every night, and will probably happen until Cheapy gets the new server up and running.[/QUOTE]

Might be the server being backed up, since it seems to happen every night around midnight ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back