The "Guaranteed to Be the Crappiest" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DT778']:cry:

On another sad note, I just beat the computer 7-6 on NCAA football 06.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug:

There, there friend. I only tease because I care...or something...

[quote name='KrazyKefka']:grouphug:

There, there friend. I only tease because I care...or something...[/QUOTE]
But just remember, its until the end of the month. Then I'm out
rentafriend2.jpg

[quote name='DT778']:cry:

On another sad note, I just beat the computer 7-6 on NCAA football 06.[/QUOTE]
Why are you sad? You won, and it seems like a tough game at that.

[quote name='beerguy961']Oh wait, an hour ahead...[/QUOTE]
:? I'm on PST time, unless your cable op. has Conan on later, there shouldn't be much of a time difference. He's on at 12:06 AM here, is he on at 12:36 there?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:? I'm on PST time, unless your cable op. has Conan on later, there shouldn't be much of a time difference. He's on at 12:06 AM here, is he on at 12:36 there?[/QUOTE]
Arizona is wierd. In the rest of the country Conan starts at around 12:30.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:? I'm on PST time, unless your cable op. has Conan on later, there shouldn't be much of a time difference. He's on at 12:06 AM here, is he on at 12:36 there?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, although I'm in Canada right now...

And yeah, I'm definitely seeing The Decemberists in September

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why are you sad? You won, and it seems like a tough game at that.[/QUOTE]
It was my first game playing against the computer and I sucked. I couldn't run the ball. 11 attempts for -1 rushing yards (it includes when you get sacked, but still). I also need to get used to sprint being X instead of O on defense as it was in the past.

The last 2 minutes of the game was good. I intercepted the ball and drove the ball down the field. I scored with a great option play, I kept it with the QB and ran 15 yards into the endzone. Then I intercepted the ball again to end the game.

But still, I expected more from myself.

[quote name='DT778']It was my first game playing against the computer and I sucked. I couldn't run the ball. 11 attempts for -1 rushing yards (it includes when you get sacked, but still). I also need to get used to sprint being X instead of O as it was in the past.

The last 2 minutes of the game was good. I intercepted the ball and drove the ball down the field. I scored with a great option play, I kept it with the QB and ran 15 yards into the endzone. Then I intercepted the ball again to end the game.

But still, I expected more from myself.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, we don't expect much from you...

[quote name='DT778']It was my first game playing against the computer and I sucked. I couldn't run the ball. 11 attempts for -1 rushing yards (it includes when you get sacked, but still). I also need to get used to sprint being X instead of O as it was in the past.

But still, I expected more from myself.[/QUOTE]
:lol: I've had shitty offensive games and still came through on defense to help me win. I takes 'em as they come. I've had less close games than I did on 04, though I think I'm on an easier difficulty than 04 so it's not surprising.

Sprint's always been X, as O spins and Square Dives and Triangle hurdles.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:lol: I've had shitty offensive games and still came through on defense to help me win. I takes 'em as they come. I've had less close games than I did on 04, though I think I'm on an easier difficulty than 04 so it's not surprising.

Sprint's always been X, as O spins and Square Dives and Triangle hurdles.[/QUOTE]
I ment on defense.

[quote name='beerguy961']Conan's were always brutal. Recently better though[/QUOTE]
I like conans oppening jokes. Its just pathetic to see carson come out and do one lame joke before moving on to the guest.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Of mice and men.[/QUOTE]
The best laid plans of mice and men...

...don't mean very much when you've been rolled into a katamari, thrown into the sky, and set aflame.

In the extreme boredom that can only come at nine in the morning, I turned on the TV, saw Kristin Holt on G4, and decided to Google her.

Talk about a downward spiral. Going from a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader to American Idol to Cheat? That doesn't sound like a fun career progression to me.

Another, unrelated thought (for the triple post!):

Whoever told me that Metal Arms was like Ratchet and Clank lied. It's Halo 2 with robots, which isn't the same thing at all.

Is it just me, or is the game incredibly difficult? I'm hideous at Halo, but I haven't gotten out of the third mission in MA yet. Stupid robots.

Heh. All three of those posts (four now) were made without the abuse of smilies.

This is probably the first time I've made four posts in a row without those yellow bastards...well, ever.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Heh. All three of those posts (four now) were made without the abuse of smilies.

This is probably the first time I've made four posts in a row without those yellow bastards...well, ever.[/QUOTE]

:booty:

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Another, unrelated thought (for the triple post!):

Whoever told me that Metal Arms was like Ratchet and Clank lied. It's Halo 2 with robots, which isn't the same thing at all.

Is it just me, or is the game incredibly difficult? I'm hideous at Halo, but I haven't gotten out of the third mission in MA yet. Stupid robots.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's challenging. If you're having trouble that early on, well...the later missions may leave you curled up in a ball and sobbing.

[quote name='jmcc']Yeah, it's challenging. If you're having trouble that early on, well...the later missions may leave you curled up in a ball and sobbing.[/QUOTE]
Great. Maybe I should just give up now and play Kingdom Hearts... :whistle2:?

The thing is, though, I'm not bad with all shooters. I can do brilliantly if it's a 2D game, and I can more than hold my own if I've got a mouse and a keyboard. For some reason, though, I've always been terrible with console shooters, especially the ones that use the Halo control style.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Great. Maybe I should just give up now and play Kingdom Hearts... :whistle2:?

The thing is, though, I'm not bad with all shooters. I can do brilliantly if it's a 2D game, and I can more than hold my own if I've got a mouse and a keyboard. For some reason, though, I've always been terrible with console shooters, especially the ones that use the Halo control style.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, it's hell of fun as the game goes on, but you definitely feel like you accomplished something as you go through.

[quote name='"Anime-Source"']Note that in Japan, "otaku" is a very very harsh insult. It is reserved only for people who never leave their houses (which is what otaku literally means), because they are too frightened of people. No hygeine, no people skills, no motivation, and usually very perverted and disgusting.[/quote]

Is it just me, or does that sound a little like Subbie based on how he has described himself? ;) :twisted: :twisted:

[quote name='Kayden']OTTs are sucking like never before![/QUOTE]
I don't know...we've had some pretty bad ones in the past. This one sure isn't going well, though.

I think I'm going to go give Metal Arms another shot. I can't suck at it forever, can I?

[quote name='karsh']Is it just me, or does that sound a little like Subbie based on how he has described himself? ;) :twisted: :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my vision of him. :whistle2:s

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I don't know...we've had some pretty bad ones in the past. This one sure isn't going well, though.

I think I'm going to go give Metal Arms another shot. I can't suck at it forever, can I?[/QUOTE]

You cannot work past the suck until you embrace the suck.

[quote name='shrike4242']You cannot work past the suck until you embrace the suck.[/QUOTE]
But who wants to embrace sucking? That would just be awkward.

I think I figured out the secret to Metal Arms: the game gets better once they give you weapons that aren't worthless pieces of crap. Now that I've got some better toys (ROCKET LAUNCHER!), the game has gotten easier and is much more fun.

We finally got our new motherboard in. Now, it's time to see if that's going to fix this computer or if it really is a lost cause...

[quote name='Scorch']So is that the same guy or not?[/QUOTE]
The username is spelled differently, but if that's not proof enough look at his second post.

[quote name='JimmyMac'] Thank you for your kind words. I will look at the other things you told me about. It's rainy today in Lafayette, Indiana.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with "no." ;)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']The username is spelled differently, but if that's not proof enough look at his second post.

I'm going with "no." ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus, I aint any where near Indiana.

[quote name='Scorch']So is that the same guy or not?[/QUOTE]

Well they are both assholes and/or idiots but I don't see Jimmy as one of those stupid ass morals and family values mother fuckers

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']But who wants to embrace sucking? That would just be awkward.

I think I figured out the secret to Metal Arms: the game gets better once they give you weapons that aren't worthless pieces of crap. Now that I've got some better toys (ROCKET LAUNCHER!), the game has gotten easier and is much more fun.

We finally got our new motherboard in. Now, it's time to see if that's going to fix this computer or if it really is a lost cause...[/QUOTE]

Now you're making me go find Metal Arms and start playing it again. :whistle2:s

Pariah was the same way, better weapons, more enjoyment.

[quote name='smalien1']JimmieMac is a great guy and one of my most favorite posters on this site but I really don't see our Jimmie as one of those stupid ass morals and family values mother fuckers[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna be writing an article for TV Land? C'Mon Scorch......C'Mon. I mean......really Scorch. Me. Write for TV Land. That's just.....C'mon.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go get a refill on my helium tank.

[quote name='beerguy961']Jimmie, you refer to yourself in the third person a lot?[/QUOTE]

Where am I refering to myself in the third?

[quote name='smalien1']Yeah, editing someones quote. Very original asshole.

(I realize now youre going to edit this one, but whatever)[/QUOTE]

Who are you and why are you even reading my posts?

I was just woken up to do something I'm not even supposed to do. And now I have to get ready for my trip to Washington tomorrow. Won't be back until sometime next weekish.

Oh, screw it.

Put another hour or so into Metal Arms...and I still couldn't beat the stupid mission. I don't know what's going on, but I'm thinking that I'm going to set it aside and give it another shot a few weeks or months down the road from now.

Besides...I think I'd rather be playing Kingdom Hearts right now anyway.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Oh, screw it.

Put another hour or so into Metal Arms...and I still couldn't beat the stupid mission. I don't know what's going on, but I'm thinking that I'm going to set it aside and give it another shot a few weeks or months down the road from now.

Besides...I think I'd rather be playing Kingdom Hearts right now anyway.[/QUOTE]

im stuck on the boss where you have to hit him with the slingshot before the one robot is destroyed... i cant beat it and its been sitting on my shelf for quite some time now.

[quote name='onetrackmind']im stuck on the boss where you have to hit him with the slingshot before the one robot is destroyed... i cant beat it and its been sitting on my shelf for quite some time now.[/QUOTE]
At least you're not stuck five levels into the game. :cry:

It's not a bad game...it just seems to be so incredibly difficult that I don't really feel like fighting my way through it. Maybe later, yes, but I'd rather be playing a game where the challenge is closer to "difficult but fun" instead of "I'm going to rape you with polygonal robots over and over."

I was trying to pick some classes for college this morning and I was bummed out because of the selection of classes I had. So I called the transfer center and asked them if my only choices of classes were the ones listed on the IGETC form (list of classes to transfer), and they told me that I also had to complete the graduation requirements form.

So I go pick up the form and I see that I only have to do an ethnic groups class and I could then choose whatever I wanted from both forms to complete the 60 credits that I need. I only need 9.5 to finish but it's nice to see that I have more classes to choose from.

And before I left campus, a couple of different people asked me to join the football program. My current situation doesn't really allow me to have an opportunity to play and besides I just need one more semester at that school. Maybe I'll try to join as a walk-on next year to the University I transfer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back