The "Guaranteed to Be the Crappiest" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JimmieMac']Who cares about money? It's a never ending cycle. You want to make more money so you have to spend more money and then you just have a bigger amount to pay back later.

If you never had to worry about money....what would you do?

Think about that before you get yourself into a hole that you won't get out of for years and years and years and years.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about money, but I've yet to find anything I would want to do. Basically, I've been going to college for 3 years just to be doing something with no intention of ever using my degree (or even completing it for that matter). :lol: :) :| :whistle2:( :cry:

[quote name='DT778']I thought about teaching, but fuck that. I don't want to be in a classroom my whole life.[/QUOTE]

yea but name another job you get summers off, and even if you work in the summer it is only for a half day.

My uncle says basically you can spend the whole summer golfing or doing whatever you want.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I'm going for game design from the get go. Not the best paying in the world, but I can have fun. I can do what i want, and make it my own.[/QUOTE]

maybe the article I read was wrong, but 100K plus a year is a lot of fuckin money

[quote name='karsh']http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/05/35/music-stacy.php

The thing everyone's wanted to know...What the hell is Hollaback Girl about? This is what I find when I'm tired late at night. I'm out.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Just an excuse to have a nice beat from Pharrell I guess. I have a feeling a LOT of marching bands will be playing that at football games this year because of the sound it uses.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']maybe the article I read was wrong, but 100K plus a year is a lot of fuckin money[/QUOTE]

:shock:

Holy ass, well then, I think I definately picked a nice profession. do what I love and get paid a ridiculous amount for it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']:shock:

Holy ass, well then, I think I definately picked a nice profession. do what I love and get paid a ridiculous amount for it.[/QUOTE]

I was suprised it was that much as well. The paper here ran an article about the new game school opening up at the community college and that was what they quoted salaries at for developers (it might be slightly inflated though considering two of the most successful developers are here in the Triangle, I don't really know where they got their salary quote from)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20040211/olsen_01.shtml

Sorry to burst your bubble, Sneaky, but it's actually around $62,000 which is still nice.[/QUOTE]

like I said it might be slightly inflated. Look at how many companies license the unreal engine and Rainbow Six/ Ghost Recon sell a ton of copies so they probably have high salaried employees (not to mention Red Storm may have got in a salary war with the army considering they hired off a lot of their talent)

also any chance at a copy and paste?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Does any of you fine individuals know when KrispyKreme people open up in the morning?[/QUOTE]
Drive-Thru is open 24/7. They need to open one in my town, what would be better when you're drunk and/or stoned than fresh donuts... :drool:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Krispy Kreme makes me physically sick. Disgusting things.[/QUOTE]
It's physically impossible to consume more than one, everybody knows that...

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']actually...I've never had it before....just doughnuts right? As long as they dont make them out of an orphan child I should be fine[/QUOTE]
Crappy coffee too...

It should be law that all donut shops be open 24/7. The only time I'd go to a donut shop is if was past 2AM....

[quote name='evilmregg']I don't want to go to work today. Somebody call in for me.[/QUOTE]

I hate having to be at work, but then I realize it's not that bad, since I'm essentially getting paid 10.07 to sit at a computer, surf CAG, and read some books (and play my PSP whenever I remember to bring it >_

[quote name='Kayden']I'm getting paid 13/hour. =P

Yesturday I had an interview for a 17/hr job.[/QUOTE]

If I were actually working on something I could bill it would be $20/hr. But apparently I'd rather get paid half as much to do no work. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']I'm getting paid 13/hour. =P

Yesturday I had an interview for a 17/hr job.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but mine is just a summer job, and definitely not something I'd call a real job ;) .

[quote name='karsh']Yeah, but mine is just a summer job, and definitely not something I'd call a real job ;) .[/QUOTE]

Those of us soldering on in real jobs will live vicariously through you, Karsh.

TF20050713-bigshot.jpg

FINALLY!

I finally talked my dad into buying a new motherboard for the Win2K machine that was crashing randomly...and it worked!

It finished an AVG scan without crashing for the first time in months. Hooray!

[quote name='shrike4242']Those of us soldering on in real jobs will live vicariously through you, Karsh.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I'd say my job is still more of a "real" job than most other summer jobs. Considering I technically work 7:30-4:30 M-F, it may as well be a normal job. But then you see what actually goes on. I sit at a desk, in a basement of a building, and do nothing over my real time here (8-4). Occasionally, they give me stuff, but they seem to be menial things, like copying some papers, or scanning some stuff into the computer. Which reminds me, it's time to go get some lunch.

Lovely...Coming out of Wendy's, some jackass wouldn't let me in, so I ended up not having enough room to turn and smacked into the curb. And well, I'll just let the pictures do the talking:

http://captainkarsh.textamerica.com

EDIT: On that note, anyone know how I can fix the paint chip-chipped part of it? I know I can't just get touch up paint since the chip is actually gone, but they have to make something to be able to fix it up somewhat...

[quote name='zewone']I couldn't imagine eating cake and any form of alcohol at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Because you aint hardcore.

Actually, I didn't really want to but the chick that made it spent 20 minutes out side whipping the cream by hand so I couldn't tell her I didn't want it.

[quote name='Kayden']Jimmie, your new avatar makes you look 12.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the old one that made me look 14.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Because you aint hardcore.[/QUOTE]
Please. Last night I was drinking Guinness. That shits hardcore. Tastes like faucet water and Bullseye BBQ sauce. I'll never drink that shit by choice again.

[quote name='JimmieMac']As opposed to the old one that made me look 14.[/QUOTE]

I would have said as high as 24. Your accent makes you sound considerably older though.

[quote name='zewone']Please. Last night I was drinking Guinness. That shits hardcore. Tastes like faucet water and Bullseye BBQ sauce. I'll never drink that shit by choice again.[/QUOTE]

Fu(k, that's my beer of choice on the regualar but sometimes when it's hot out you can't put 'em down like you want to.

Did you ever get on last night? My net connection kept fu(kin' up and booting me off.

I called Kado too, his Moms was pissed but like I tried to explain, it was late, I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea to call a kid half my age all the way across the country to tell him to get online.

Look lady, we need an 8th and Zoo is too drunk and not home either, I mean, what do you want from me?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Fu(k, that's my beer of choice on the regualar but sometimes when it's hot out you can't put 'em down like you want to.

Did you ever get on last night? My net connection kept fu(kin' up and booting me off.

I called Kado too, his Moms was pissed but like I tried to explain, it was late, I was drunk and it seemed like a good idea to call a kid half my age all the way across the country to tell him to get online.

Look lady, we need an 8th and Zoo is too drunk and not home either, I mean, what do you want from me?[/QUOTE]
I got on when I got home around 12 AM. No one was on. As for calling Kado, funny shit. :lol:

*points at Kayden* Omg a grl lets cybr! *snerk*

VG Cats pwns. and other 1337 stuff like that.

HIIIIIIIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back