The Official 'We NEED an OTTblock thread' OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Weird. The Beatles: Rock Band is on the cover of Game Informer the month before it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Why is that weird? Do they wanna create more buzz after the game comes out?

[quote name='zewone']?olfenstien online is the worst garbage I've ever played.[/QUOTE]
People really liked the multiplayer on the last one, but I thought it reeked.

Of course, I dabbled in it after I was spoiled by Halo 2.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Princess Mononoke was great. I can't wait to see Ponyo.[/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it. I was blown away back when I watched it in seventh grade.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Man, I'd forgotten how good Demon Days is.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='st0neface']Why is that weird? Do they wanna create more buzz after the game comes out?[/QUOTE]
Because Game Informer almost exclusively dealt with games that come out several months later, if at all?

[quote name='Trakan']It's the September issue.[/QUOTE]
Which will be out about now, about a month before it comes out.

[quote name='Liquid 2']How much do you know about headphones? I remember you mentioning that you researched them a while ago, and I was hoping I could ask you a few questions.[[/QUOTE]Not that much, to be honest. I mostly just read the Hi-fi forums a little and saw that Sennheiser and Grado models were highly regarded by the community and went from there. I know almost nothing about them on a technical level, I don't even understand the graphs* that places like HeadRoom use to show impedance and frequency response. :lol:

*http://www.headphone.com/technical/product-measurements/build-a-graph/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Because Game Informer almost exclusively dealt with games that come out several months later, if at all?

Which will be out about now, about a month before it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I for some reason thought you were saying it was weird because it was too early. It's kind of slow this time of year for game announcements, though. No notable games with a huge amount of details have been announced in a while, that I can think of at least.

I just completed 5 difficult, simultaneous live broadcasts, on two different stations.

Now, I'm going to celebrate by taking a power-shit in the girls restroom.

Man, I'm really sick of seeing these montages of the hurricane that came through here five years ago today on local stations. At first it was sort of neat but now it's just annoying.

[quote name='Eviltude']Hey guys, AA stands for Arkham Asylum.

You should at least try the demo zew. It's fun, but not full price fun.[/QUOTE]

Pffft. Zew pay full price for a game? Where the hell have you been for... like... ever?

[quote name='zewone']What's AA?

Oh, Batman. Meh, not very interested. Haven't even tried the demo.[/QUOTE]

AA is Alcoholics Anonymous.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Do we really have to do this every single day? :/[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.

[quote name='manthing']Me too seanr!

:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm also with you.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Not that much, to be honest. I mostly just read the Hi-fi forums a little and saw that Sennheiser and Grado models were highly regarded by the community and went from there. I know almost nothing about them on a technical level, I don't even understand the graphs* that places like HeadRoom use to show impedance and frequency response. :lol:

*http://www.headphone.com/technical/product-measurements/build-a-graph/[/QUOTE]

Haha, I can explain that. Impedance is just the AC (alternating current, not air conditioning) version of resistance in that it takes into account the energy loss across capacitors and inductors, as well as resistors. Impedance depends on the frequency of the signal passed through the circuit. Higher impedance means you'll need a greater voltage to get the signal through the system, which is why low impedance headphones are better for battery powered systems, since high impedance headphones will suck the battery dry. Not sure how impedance affects signal quality though.
I can go into more detail if you'd like (but not much more--I don't know enough circuit theory yet :cry:). Can't explain the other graphs they have though.

I was just going to ask you if it would be possible to run a cable from my S/PIDF output on my monitor to the headphones, so I can stop using the shitty monitor speakers when I play my 360/PSDouble. :lol:

I'm also probably going to build that headphone amp next week. I'll take photos throughout the process and make a thread/blog post here.

Rocko - I hope you know once I get Trials I'll be gunning for your times. I already have them beat in the demo mode but I'm guessing they wont carry over to the unlocked version.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Haha, I can explain that. Impedance is just the AC (alternating current, not air conditioning) version of resistance in that it takes into account the energy loss across capacitors and inductors, as well as resistors. Impedance depends on the frequency of the signal passed through the circuit. Higher impedance means you'll need a greater voltage to get the signal through the system, which is why low impedance headphones are better for battery powered systems, since high impedance headphones will suck the battery dry. Not sure how impedance affects signal quality though.
I can go into more detail if you'd like (but not much more--I don't know enough circuit theory yet :cry:). Can't explain the other graphs they have though.

I was just going to ask you if it would be possible to run a cable from my S/PIDF output on my monitor to the headphones, so I can stop using the shitty monitor speakers when I play my 360/PSDouble. :lol:

I'm also probably going to build that headphone amp next week. I'll take photos throughout the process and make a thread/blog post here.[/QUOTE]Cool, I can help you with that question. What monitor do you have? The amp will definitely make that setup more convenient.

@Rocko - I can imagine. I was already having trouble with that last one of the demo. And I was looking through some scores for the hard tracks and saw Trak had a time of 16 minutes as his best time .. so imagined that one must take some skills to get through.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Cool, I can help you with that question. What monitor do you have? The amp will definitely make that setup more convenient.[/QUOTE]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047

Could you possibly also explain just what headphone amps do? :oops:
I mean, do they just make the volume from the source, or do they do more? I remember reading that "headphones with amps are always better than headphones without," or something when I was browsing head-fi (I'm building one because I read that, because of your recommendation to build one, and because I have a rockin' tin that I'm not using--I just don't know what exactly it will be doing...).

[quote name='Rocko']"It is pretty useful app"[/QUOTE]

Did he literally edit his post and then not fix the error? I really hope so.

[quote name='Maklershed']@Rocko - I can imagine. I was already having trouble with that last one of the demo. And I was looking through some scores for the hard tracks and saw Trak had a time of 16 minutes as his best time .. so imagined that one must take some skills to get through.[/QUOTE]

That level can eat my shit. 144 faults or something like that.

I think from what I've played of Wolve11nstein, I'd give the single player a 7/10. I don't think I'll try the multiplayer.

Hella is the shit. Zack Hill is extremely talented. Check out the other projects he's been involved in (bygones and Nervous Cop--there might be more though).

[quote name='TheRock88']Thanks LP, only thing that sucks about that app is that you need to be connected online to get the currency conversion rates.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense though since currency rates tend change a lot.

Really? It was speeding for me last night. Before it took a few seconds for images to load in and they were there instantly last night.

I still wish they'd just copy the XMB though. Or at least go back to the blades.

[quote name='manthing']10 minutes waiting for a quick, friendly match in :ps3: MvC2.

Free>$50 indeed![/QUOTE]
In your face pS3rpentor.
[fixed for Manthingle]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now you've done it h3llbring3r. Don't you know that the crazies always search their name? That dude will be in here in no time and he'll probably never leave.

TheRock88:

MGS/Doom Resurrection/Duke are on sale for $3 and the classic Wolfenstein is down to $1.[quote name='Liquid 2']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047

Could you possibly also explain just what headphone amps do? :oops:
I mean, do they just make the volume from the source, or do they do more? I remember reading that "headphones with amps are always better than headphones without," or something when I was browsing head-fi (I'm building one because I read that, because of your recommendation to build one, and because I have a rockin' tin that I'm not using--I just don't know what exactly it will be doing...).[/QUOTE]Again, I don't know the technical explanation but the gist of it(I think) is that all the components help your headphones better interpret the audio signal. Perhaps these can explain it:

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/
http://headwize.com/projects/showfile.php?file=cmoy2_prj.htm

I'll explain how they'll be able to help your setup and what you'll need to do with your PS2/360 in a little bit.

Ugh, I hope Kai's aftertouch arrows don't become a big part of Heavenly Sword.

But since I hate Sixaxis controls, using them will be needed to beat the game.

:wall:

Yea, picked up MGS earlier and bought Wolf when it first came out. Still deciding whether to pick Doom. Got any impressions on it Jimbo?

[quote name='Mojimbo']Again, I don't know the technical explanation but the gist of it(I think) is that all the components help your headphones better interpret the audio signal. Perhaps these can explain it:

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/
http://headwize.com/projects/showfile.php?file=cmoy2_prj.htm

I'll explain how they'll be able to help your setup and what you'll need to do with your PS2/360 in a little bit.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll check those out. Thanks.

I lied to you earlier, by the way: DC currents also exhibit energy loss across capacitors and inductors; it's just the magnitude of that energy loss becomes a function of angular frequency when running an AC current.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']That was fun, St0neFace. :cool:[/QUOTE]

The best part was when my connection kept dropping everybody every 45 seconds. I may have it working a little bit better, but I need to eat. You good in like an hour?

[quote name='manthing']Ugh, I hope Kai's aftertouch arrows don't become a big part of Heavenly Sword.

But since I hate Sixaxis controls, using them will be needed to beat the game.

:wall:[/QUOTE]

There's a whole level with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back