The OTT Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']I'm always amazed how long the Laettner-inspired hatred of Duke UK UK fans have burns so bright nearly two decades later.

But, hey, I always figured Laettner's NBA career put all that stuff to rest, since he was such an embarrassment.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to not wanting to have Murray State in the same side of the bracket as Kentucky. My heart wouldn't take it.

Since you mention it though, I try to forget about that fucking game but I have to see and hear about it multiple times every fucking year. When you think about some of those games in the 90's Kentucky should have had a few more championship banners but that's how the dice fell.

Also, Laettner should have been ejected when he stomped onto Aminu Timberlake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwYVTB2rZw

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Local news just listed the Razzie winners and announced Michael Mann as winner of worst director for Transformers 2.

Eesh.[/QUOTE]

How could they even think about associating him with that fucking garbage excuse of a movie (especially after he had such a great film in Public Enemies last year).

[quote name='flowery']I was referring to not wanting to have Murray State in the same side of the bracket as Kentucky. My heart wouldn't take it.[/QUOTE]

Ah. Fair enough. I don't follow college ball, but I have had to deal with Wildcats fans and Buckeye fans my whole life (so it's a surrogate thing). I didn't know Murray State was a powerhouse. Huh.

I went to a friend's house and just sat around watching movies with him on Netflix most of the time. We watched a David Lynch short film which was crazy (as in crazy). It was okay, but I guess he couldn't appreciate it at all and hated it. Then we started to watch Alice which was a Czech adaptation of Alice in Wonderland and he said he couldn't watch it 20 minutes in. He decided to watch Howard the Duck and kept telling me, "Dude, it gets better." It never got better so I left about half way through. I texted him later to see if he watched it all the way through and he confirmed it. I can't believe he would hate on the movies I picked and then love fucking Howard the Duck.

New Vegas is looking really good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20144297&postcount=779

* Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test
* The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to be tougher even than deathclaws
* Every skill will have use in conversations at various points
* Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent. Hunting Rifle modification examples given are scope, custom action and extended clip.
* Temporary followers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel
* "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills
* The combat gameplay was tweaked to be more first-person-shootery

I'm thinking that last part just means that the guns will be more effective while not in VATS.

New Vegas is going to be awesome.
[quote name='Ugamer_X']Local news just listed the Razzie winners and announced Michael Mann as winner of worst director for Transformers 2.

Eesh.[/QUOTE]
lolllllllllllll

I disagree with Transformers 2 winning the Razzie for worst movie of the year. That was actually watchable and entertaining on some level. The worst, in my opinion was GI Joe. It was bad even for a brainless summer action flick.

Has anyone ever printed off a lot of documents at a retailer (OfficeMax/Depot, Kinkos, etc.)? I need to print some documents, and I'm trying to figure out what would be the most cost effective way of doing it. All I have is a shitty Canon ink printer. I think that won't be able to handle, or be cheaper than kinkos when printing, 700 or so documents.

Does anyone have experience doing this? What about rates?

Highly classified :cool: . . . . Well, they were in 1968. It's basically everything I took pictures of during my trip to the National Archives in London.

[quote name='munch']Has anyone ever printed off a lot of documents at a retailer (OfficeMax/Depot, Kinkos, etc.)? I need to print some documents, and I'm trying to figure out what would be the most cost effective way of doing it. All I have is a shitty Canon ink printer. I think that won't be able to handle, or be cheaper than kinkos when printing, 700 or so documents.

Does anyone have experience doing this? What about rates?[/QUOTE]

(FedEx)Kinko's has an option where you can upload the documents to their website and setup printing on the site.

I think there's a volume discount as well.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']And why would you need 700 copies of that?[/QUOTE]

Obviously he has found evidence of a British alien cover up and he's going to hand out pamphlets at the Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con.

Is Battlefield Bad Company worthwhile nowadays? I never played it. It's $12 and change at Walmart.com, though.

fuck

My parents are now mad at me because I don't have a job. They want me to get any kind of job be it flipping burgers or working at UPS. They don't like that I just lay around the house and play games and watch movies.

I will be 24 next week and closing on a year removed from graduating college and unable to start a career. I apply to any job I am qualified for but nobody is calling me or offering interviews. Now I have to deal with this. I want to get the fuck out of this town.

[quote name='flowery']fuck

My parents are now mad at me because I don't have a job. They want me to get any kind of job be it flipping burgers or working at UPS. They don't like that I just lay around the house and play games and watch movies.

I will be 24 next week and closing on a year removed from graduating college and unable to start a career. I apply to any job I am qualified for but nobody is calling me or offering interviews. Now I have to deal with this. I want to get the fuck out of this town.[/QUOTE]

Grad school? When in doubt, rack up the debt!

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Grad school? When in doubt, rack up the debt![/QUOTE]

I will if I can't get a permanent job by this summer. I will have to work between now and August when the semester starts anyways. I went debt free during undergrad but I could careless if I have to get loans for grad school.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']And why would you need 700 copies of that?[/QUOTE]

I don't want 700 copies of one document, numnuts. I have 700 documents I need printed out.

[quote name='rabbitt']The new Sunchips bag is noisy as a motherfucker.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. It also feels like it's going to fall apart every time I touch it.

[quote name='flowery']fuck

I will be 24 next week and closing on a year removed from graduating college and unable to start a career. I apply to any job I am qualified for but nobody is calling me or offering interviews. Now I have to deal with this. I want to get the fuck out of this town.[/QUOTE]

My girlfriend got a Bachelors of Science and works as a receptionist.

The problem is that the bachelor's degree has become the new high school diploma. Politicians laud when more and more students go to college each year, but it actually just devalues your degree. In my field, you need to have a masters to even be considered.

So, I kind of fucked myself over. I ordered that pipe and had it sent to my rent house, without knowing it was going to have delivery conformation. Since I'm never there when the mail gets delivered, I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up. Problem is, that requires an ID, and ordered it under a false name. I do believe I am out 15 dollars.

You should look into a samsung laser printer munch. The main carts will print like 2000 pages and the ink can refilled in like ten minutes( pop some screws and pour in the ink dust). I think the starter cart does like 1000 pages before a refill.

For real? How much are those? I'm about pay ~$40 for about 400 pages. They are binding it for me too, which is something I can't do myself.

Did those list of books help? I was kind of tired when I wrote it, so I'm not sure if it made sense to you.

[quote name='munch']For real? How much are those? I'm about pay ~$40 for about 400 pages. They are binding it for me too, which is something I can't do myself.

Did those list of books help? I was kind of tired when I wrote it, so I'm not sure if it made sense to you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it did. I am going to look into them this week. I worked like 60 hours last week so I didn't have much time to do anything with it.

I know that sometimes Staples and other places will run the bottom line Samsung for like 30 bucks AR and I think it uses the same carts as mine. It makes it well worth it if you ever have to print out substantially large documents. I know that I had to bring 50 page documents with me to class all the time and it was a lifesaver.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You should look into a samsung laser printer munch. The main carts will print like 2000 pages and the ink can refilled in like ten minutes( pop some screws and pour in the ink dust). I think the starter cart does like 1000 pages before a refill.[/QUOTE]
I had a samsung color laser printer that took a shit before i even ran through the starter carts. Got an HP as a replacement, works great.

[quote name='DarthPuma']So, I kind of fucked myself over. I ordered that pipe and had it sent to my rent house, without knowing it was going to have delivery conformation. Since I'm never there when the mail gets delivered, I'll have to go to the post office to pick it up. Problem is, that requires an ID, and ordered it under a false name. I do believe I am out 15 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anything anyone could ever say about you would sum you up any better. :lol:

[quote name='munch']I don't want 700 copies of one document, numnuts. I have 700 documents I need printed out.[/QUOTE]

Oh! I guess that's ok then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back