The OTTcast has broken into the top 20 in Games/Hobbies on iTunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn temp is full of hate today.

Batmang was pretty good but I agree about Banes voice....dont really know why that had to make it so....whimsical.

I think I read, at least a dozen times, that Bane's voice change was due to feedback from both test audiences and studio pressure. I hope it gets fixed in the :br: release.

Tom Hardy also said he wanted some juxtaposition of Bane's stature and imposing nature with the soft airy voice. Created an "off" feel about the character. I honestly liked it in comparison to other media featuring Bane as just loud and lumbering (I'm looking at you Arkham Asylum/City).

Did you get a chance compare the Imax prologue to the redubbed theatrical release? I think he achieved those qualities you described before it was changed. I still can't say, I haven't seen the full theatrical release yet. However, most people I've gotten feedback from say it's fucked up now in comparison.

I think the old way was worse because he was nigh unintelligible. You'd catch every third word and the rest was mumbles that put Batman circa Dark Knight to shame.

The dub was just way too obvious. They should have made it seem more natural. It was pretty jarring.

Besides that and the scene of the police running down on thugs armed with machine guns (and hey, why not? They could only seem to hit the ground five feet in front of the cops), the movie was great.

Lamb Vindaloo for dinner. Only set half my mouth on fire. Was good, but a bit of a small portion.

My PSP GO finally showed up. Seems nice so far, but does seem a bit tiny in my hands. (I usually wear a glove size Large or XL).

I agree with Temp. There was no other way to do it but dubbing, but I sat there a lot like "Wow this is dubbed pretty badly"

[quote name='Maklershed']Challenge accepted.

Here's a controversial stance ... dogs > cats[/QUOTE]

My daughter wants a cat for her birthday.

UtXnl.jpg

[quote name='Maklershed']Mmmm cantaloupe OM NOM NOM

Daughters > birthdays[/QUOTE]

True dat! I'm fuck'd when it comes to the wedding. :whee:

Hmm I wonder what happens in states where gay weddings are legal and its two women being married? Does the butchier one's dad pay or is it a 50/50 split?

[quote name='Maklershed']Hmm I wonder what happens in states where gay weddings are legal and its two women being married? Does the butchier one's dad pay or is it a 50/50 split?[/QUOTE]

I think the women play rock/paper/scissor to decide who approaches their dad for wedding costs.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I think the women play rock/paper/scissor to decide who approaches their dad for wedding costs.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps munch is busy at the moment, and I do feel like I'm qualified to judge this as a longtime peruser of the OTT, so I'll go ahead and call that definitely /jake.

krakhead - are you aware with Dana giving a title shot to the winner of Shogun/Vera that JBJ's next opponent (after Hendo) could be a guy that has just one win in the past three years and that win was against Elliot "The Fire" Marshall? :lol:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ugh, 20 pages of my own bumps on my tradelist. How do people get 100+ feedback on here? Horrible trades and accepting any deal?[/QUOTE]

Maybe be willing to sell outright? Add prices? Stop with the vague "maybe I'll trade, maybe I won't" bullshit?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Ugh, 20 pages of my own bumps on my tradelist. How do people get 100+ feedback on here? Horrible trades and accepting any deal?[/QUOTE]

It's also against CAG rules to ask the buyer to send a Paypal payment as a gift, or to ask the buyer to pay Paypal fees.

[quote name='Maklershed']krakhead - are you aware with Dana giving a title shot to the winner of Shogun/Vera that JBJ's next opponent (after Hendo) could be a guy that has just one win in the past three years and that win was against Elliot "The Fire" Marshall? :lol:[/QUOTE]I think it's "best in show" between those two and the Macheda - Bader fight. Shogun shouldn't get a shot for ducking that one dude though. Asking for a top ten fighter then getting Vera. Boo this man.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Perhaps munch is busy at the moment, and I do feel like I'm qualified to judge this as a longtime peruser of the OTT, so I'll go ahead and call that definitely /jake.[/QUOTE]
Jake might have said: Rock paper, tribidism- or Plume would have, but in a dirtier way.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's also against CAG rules to ask the buyer to send a Paypal payment as a gift, or to ask the buyer to pay Paypal fees.[/QUOTE]
That's a paddlin'.
tumblr_ljopfnYv2Z1qgwku4o1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']krakhead - are you aware with Dana giving a title shot to the winner of Shogun/Vera that JBJ's next opponent (after Hendo) could be a guy that has just one win in the past three years and that win was against Elliot "The Fire" Marshall? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That is hilarious, but I think it shows the lack of depth in the division. Gustafsson is the only guy who has a remote chance of beating Jones, and even that chance is very low.

At least we won't see Vera fighting Jones again though. He is going to be steamrolled on Saturday anyway. I think it's funny that Machida/Bader could be fighting for a title shot, and so are Shogun/Vera. Jones already demolished all four of those guys.

The whole /jake thing still boggles my mind. What good is a joke if the guy (me) can't even get pissed about it? I have no idea who this jake guy is or ever was, so your poor attempts at insults don't even affect anything.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The whole /jake thing still boggles my mind. What good is a joke if the guy (me) can't even get pissed about it? I have no idea who this jake guy is or ever was, so your poor attempts at insults don't even affect anything.[/QUOTE]

/jake

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:lol:
Kindle with offers for $47 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

I might buy one for my mom. She likes to read and maybe there are enough decent special offers to make it worthwhile for me.

Just one of those "laptop" caliber deals and it might nearly pay for itself. I can't get ours outta my wife's hands, and it's not a special offers model. She takes it to work so I can't get it- ever. I can't read anything longer than a short blog entry on the ipad anymore, also iOS Safari barely lets me do that. It crashes, randomly way too often- and what's with safari refeshing pages with cached data from days ago? It does that here, SD, Huffpo, Drudge anywhere I go more than once a day.

Posting this reminds me of all those times Linkinprime would PM me pictures of TMK to post that he couldn't because he was a mod and didn't want to get in trouble. Though, I should probably wonder why people always ask me to do this.

hate.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:lol:
Kindle with offers for $47 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

A basic B&W Kindle? If so...meh. IMO the Kindle is nice but there are not too many decent books on there that are free. The vast majority of them are cheap though, so I guess you can have your fill for a small price.

P.S. No backlight on the basic Kindle sucks though.

E ink > IPS, led . . . etc x1000 for reading anything longer than 5 minutes.
145,000 lendable books is nothing to sneeze at.

I don't really see getting excited over a triton based e-ink replacement for the 6 inch model, unless they can suddenly pull a 60hz refresh rate with it.

I prefer indirect light all day long.

A man walks up to me and says "I'm a Teepee! I'm a Wigwam! I'm a Teepee! I'm a Wigwam!!!". I said "Relax man, you're two TENTS!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back