The Road Warriors' Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is one of the best size comparison shots I could get where the main part of both belts was in the shot

vlcsnap649275yf5.png

Thanks for that cap. The X Title looks plain silly, but I still fucking despise the personalized belts (Cena's World and US Titles, Steve Austin's, any others? Tommy Dreamer's Hardcore title?).

Truth be told, the Raw title (the old "undisputed" belt, not the old WCW title currently on SD!) still would have made the X Title look silly.

Anyone see the cellphone footage of Angle's entrance on YouTube today? Looks alright to me; remniscent of the Brood.

09.jpg

Meet the newest member of the WWE creative team.

I don't know much about him personally, but the motherfucker KNOWS tag team wrestling. Here's to hope!

[quote name='guyver2077']time for ortiz-shamrock

i wanted to attend live but was already sold out when i found out[/QUOTE]

Same here.

You should have seen the look on my dad's face when I told him UFC (Tito/Shamrock III) was happening at the Hard Rock....

and then when I told him it was sold out. :lol:

[quote name='Sporadic']Same here.

You should have seen the look on his face when I told him UFC (Tito/Shamrock III) was happening at the Hard Rock....

and then when I told him it was sold out. :lol:[/quote]

yea im kinda of an ortiz fan.. i met him while going to a tna ppv last year at our hotel... the guy is fucking cool as hell...

Hooray for Jimmy Jam Garvin getting a WWE job! With Hayes as SD's main writer, and Garvin now on staff, I'm looking forward to SD's tag division now. Thanks for that cap. I actually don't mind the spinner much, but my Lord does the X belt look bad. Realistically, it looked bush league even when TNA began - I'm amazed they didn't redesign it once they got on a national stage, since even indies have flashier belts. I'm looking forward to seeing Angle's TNA entrance. It was removed from Youtube, but the Brood comparison makes me hope someone puts it up again. The newest Observer has a lot on Angle's move to TNA, and his decision to not take the UFC offer.

[quote name='guyver2077']yea im kinda of an ortiz fan.. i met him while going to a tna ppv last year at our hotel... the guy is fucking cool as hell...[/QUOTE]

Same here.

My dad's a defender of the old school...so I love taking his money.

Paul Birchill's entrance is up on 360.ign. The crowd reaction is lifelike. You hear silence, and the occasional "boo" from one person.

On the plus side, the C4 is in as his finisher!

I wonder about the WWE too much; why was someone like him sent down to learn to be a better wrestler, and they don't fire the fuck out of their staff writers?

"Listen, I know that the garbageman gimmick isn't getting you over, kid. I understand that. Let's try something new on ya. Like a...oh, I dunno. Can you hop like the easter bunny? Great! Now, if this don't work for ya, you can pack your bags for Louisville."

[quote name='mykevermin']On the plus side, the C4 is in as his finisher!

I wonder about the WWE too much; why was someone like him sent down to learn to be a better wrestler, and they don't fire the fuck out of their staff writers?[/QUOTE]

You mean the flip bottom :D

I thought Burchill was out with an injury?

He's in the developmental leagues recovering from an injury. He'll be called up in due time... or he'll just be needlessly canned like so many others.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']He's in the developmental leagues recovering from an injury. He'll be called up in due time... or he'll just be needlessly canned like so many others.[/QUOTE]

He better not be.

That man is a diamond in the rough and really reminds me of a young HHH.

[quote name='guyver2077']awesome.. i love burchills entrance.. ima go check it out[/quote]

fuck the entrance kinda sucked.. he needs his gear and the crowd sucked ass..i guess they picked him as a heel

his opening swing needed more of a live flavor and his pirate jacket or w.e

"
Sadly, in mid-2006, Burchill required knee surgery following a ravaging by Mark Henry. Currently, the English wrestler is recovering well and wrestling in OVW to hone his skills. Expect him to return with an all-new gimmick sometime in the future."

its fight time..

shamrock looks a lil arrogant

tito with eminem song..lol ..looking a lil like angle with mouthpiece

jennas in the crowd

o well.... that was quick

[quote name='guyver2077']o well.... that was quick[/QUOTE]

No real surprise there.

Tito's a better heel than most wrestlers out there. I wanna see that motherfucker get hit with a Buick, man. GodDAMN I fuckin' hate him.

[quote name='mykevermin']No real surprise there.

Tito's a better heel than most wrestlers out there. I wanna see that motherfucker get hit with a Buick, man. GodDAMN I fuckin' hate him.[/quote]

you should go drinking with him... hes awesome...it was a blast seeing him drunk in the hotel lobby

This "poker game" is about a million times lamer then I thought it would be.

Why do they have to do split screen in the middle of a match?

[quote name='Sporadic']This is about a million times lamer then I thought it would be.

Why do they have to do split screen in the middle of a match?[/QUOTE]

I just hope that this is a one week thing and not something that they are planning on continuing in the future. ECW has been good the past two weeks because it has focused on what happens in the ring instead of lame diva segments and endless promos.

[quote name='Sporadic']This "poker game" is about a million times lamer then I thought it would be.[/quote]

QFT. It's a sad say when I'd rather be playing Trauma Center than watching hot women get naked.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just hope that this is a one week thing and not something that they are planning on continuing in the future. ECW has been good the past two weeks because it has focused on what happens in the ring instead of lame diva segments and endless promos.[/QUOTE]

This is even worse then Kelly Kelly's expose. At least that only lasted 4 minutes and then was over for the rest of the night.

- edit fuck this shit.

I'm just going to watch my Brian Pillman DVD instead.

Tommy not jobbing was a nice suprise, especially since he ended Thorn's winning streak. Glad someone realized that they need to at least protect his rep somewhat since all he has done in the new ECW is job to just about everyone. Tommy Dreamer does not need to be the Brooklyn Brawler of ECW.

Well, a friend thought it would be funny to send me a link to the No Mercy "sausage" incident with Regal, without telling me what the link was. Yay for not having a YouTube account! The video is flagged so you have to log in. Looks like the asswipe's joke backfired. :rofl:

[quote name='guyver2077']wow it was pretty cool to see aj bring out the x title in front of cena.... that was awesome[/quote]

Wha? AJ?

I was at work.

[quote name='guyver2077']wow it was pretty cool to see aj bring out the x title in front of cena.... that was awesome[/quote]

:lol: You flipped me out w/this post. I assumed you were talking about Styles and frantically started looking over the last couple of pages.

[quote name='neocisco']:lol: You flipped me out w/this post. I assumed you were talking about Styles and frantically started looking over the last couple of pages.[/quote]

Likewise.

The strip poker stuff was just done tonight to draw ratings away from the UFC special (which was originally going to overlap ECW). It won't be done on a weekly basis. I didn't like the cutaways, but did enjoy seeing Styles' and Tazz's mouths not moving on the screen while they did commentary in the studio.

[quote name='neocisco']:lol: You flipped me out w/this post. I assumed you were talking about Styles and frantically started looking over the last couple of pages.[/quote]

lol yea sorry didnt wanna try to spell prozynsky or w.e the fuck

[quote name='OzCatter']Heh, glad I watched Ortiz-Shamrock and ECW, now I can complain about how much better UFC was[/QUOTE]

Your obliviousness to how dismal the TNA product can be at times makes you more of a mark than DemoMan.

Oh boy, I hope Norman Smiley gets to wrestle this week! Maybe they'll have a Jeff Jarrett promo for 15 minutes! Aw man, I'm so excited to see Sting wrestle for the belt! :roll:

At the end of the day, no amount of Samoa Joe can take away the fact that, as bad as the WWE can be at times, TNA is just a WWE cover band.

So, was there any faux titty on ECW last night? I decided to watch some old GI Joe cartoons and do some studying, so I missed it.

I'm gonna get some flak or called some names for daring to suggest this (not that I'm concerned), but SJ, do you have the link to that YouTube of Regal's wang? I'm curious to see how "bad" it was that they felt the need to apologize for it.

EDIT: Psicosis has a new work/shoot gimmick:

WWE News
WWE News: Psicosis arrested in Mexico after allegedly stealing car
By James Caldwell, Torch columnist
Oct 11, 2006, 06:17

Email this article

Printer friendly page

El Mexicano newspaper reports that Psicosis (Dionicio Castellanos) was arrested at 10:25 p.m. on Monday night in Playas de Rosarito, which is 35 minutes south of the U.S. border in Tijuana. According to the report, Psicosis asked to borrow a car from a nearby resident. The resident accuses Psicosis of threatening him with a pistol wrapped in a towel when he refused to lend the black Mitsubishi to him.

Psicosis reportedly took off in the car and crashed into several vehicles after police unsuccessfully tried to stop him. An 18-year old woman, who is three months pregnant, was inside one of the cars that he struck.

When police caught up to Psicosis, he initially resisted arrest before he was taken into custody. Police searched the stolen car and found what appeared to be the weapon Psicosis flashed before taking the car. It was a toy pistol from the Buzz Bee Toys company, which specializes in manufacturing water guns.

WWE was not mentioned in the article, but the article made it clear that Psicosis is a wrestler. They focused on it being a real-life battle between rudos (Psicosis) and technicos (police) that reflected the drama of a lucha libre show.

They already have the costume for him:

05.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']
I'm gonna get some flak or called some names for daring to suggest this (not that I'm concerned), but SJ, do you have the link to that YouTube of Regal's wang? I'm curious to see how "bad" it was that they felt the need to apologize for it.
[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall recieve.... its honestly not bad at all and blown out of poportion

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oHZXydY7CPc

Thanks OTM. Really nothing much to get up in arms about, unless you're the kind of person who's so prudish and/or homophobic as to be bothered by it. In which case, you'd probably already be halfway out of the living room upon seeing Vito.

[quote name='mykevermin']
So, was there any faux titty on ECW last night? I decided to watch some old GI Joe cartoons and do some studying, so I missed it.
[/quote]

Actually...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/strippoker/3355514/

Just watch the last video titled Divas fight over cheating.

Basically Candice rips off Maria's top, Maria returns the favor, then attempts to run for some reason. Candice pulls down Maria's underwear, in theory exposing her, and Maria does the same to Candice. The two then roll around *naked* on the floor. Hard to say if they were actually nude or not though, since the use of blur boxes of their boxes make it impossible to tell if pasties and thongs were used to cover up.

Woulda been nice to see Maria naked though :drool: definitely not how I expected the segment to end.

So, Cena was on Stern... talking about having sex with 6 women at once, and taking a challenge from the locker room to do a 280lb monster.

He also touched on Kanyon, and the real reason he got released was because he wasn't really that good/interesting.

Someone called in asking Cena if he ever did steroids. Cena told him he hasn't even tried it, nor could he because of the new wellness plan.

The room was split on if Cena had used steroids or not. Robin said that she didn't think it was possible was so much smaller than HHH and other guys that had been on Stern.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']So, Cena was on Stern... talking about having sex with 6 women at once, and taking a challenge from the locker room to do a 280lb monster.

He also touched on Kanyon, and the real reason he got released was because he wasn't really that good/interesting.

Someone called in asking Cena if he ever did steroids. Cena told him he hasn't even tried it, nor could he because of the new wellness plan.

The room was split on if Cena had used steroids or not. Robin said that she didn't think it was possible was so much smaller than HHH and other guys that had been on Stern.[/QUOTE]

I was listening to it this morning, it was an interesting interview.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Actually...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/strippoker/3355514/

Just watch the last video titled Divas fight over cheating.

Basically Candice rips off Maria's top, Maria returns the favor, then attempts to run for some reason. Candice pulls down Maria's underwear, in theory exposing her, and Maria does the same to Candice. The two then roll around *naked* on the floor. Hard to say if they were actually nude or not though, since the use of blur boxes of their boxes make it impossible to tell if pasties and thongs were used to cover up.

Woulda been nice to see Maria naked though :drool: definitely not how I expected the segment to end.[/quote]
For some reason, I found it funny when Candice was accusing Maria of cheating and Maria said "I don't know how to cheat". Also, why did Balls have to be the guy dealing the cards? Heck, I would've preferred Vince or Lawler dealing out the cards than that dirty looking guy.

Also, IGN has Ric Flair's entrance up.

*** In regards to WWE upgrading to High Definition, there is a major concern that with the gigantic quality jump we..ll get with HD, botched spots and missed punches will become even more obvious. WWE is currently doing HD tests to work on camera angle switches and that sort of thing to try to learn to avoid any major problems.

*** Here's just a little bit more info on Justin Credible's release from WWE: Credible was officially fired on 9/25 via fax by Johnny Ace. Credible had disappeared and wouldn't return any phone calls to the office. After two weeks of that, WWE stopped issuing checks to him because they figured he'd call them, so then they could notify him of his termination. After a week of that, Johnny Ace was tired him of not returning his phone calls and he fired him via fax.

I doubt he'd quit WWE after years of indy work, and having had a WWE deal before. This was likely his last chance in WWE, and by going AWOL, there's really no reason they should ever hire him again. There was no nudity on ECW last night. The very heavy blurring was done to obscure pasties and thongs. It'd be funny if Psicosis claims that the AAA Psicosis did it. It wouldn't be the first time someone tried to blame someone else with either a similar look or the same name for a major crime in wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back