The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd avoid ebay entirely for controllers.

This is true EXCEPT, that ebay is one of the few places to get a true official MS wireless PC adapter for the 360 at a reasonable price. Just read the feedback to make sure. Even ordering from Amazon can yield mixed results (they often mix inventory despite what the seller promises).

So how much has everyone made from these cards? My Steam wallet is currently sitting at $7.90 from selling 5 Team Fortress 2 cards, 2 Half Life 2 cards, 4 Portal 2 cards, 5 Faerie Solitaire cards, and a couple of Super Meat Boy cards. I still have a Super Meat Boy foil to sell, along with a couple of HL2 cards, and all of the cards from today (Offspring Fling, Zombie Driver, and Magicka). It's not a lot, but that's essentially a couple of free games from the Steam sale for a modicum of effort. Even if I'm only making $.25 per card, that's still roughly $1 per game for doing nothing. It adds up over time.
I made $38 off of it so far. That is also after buying a couple of games that were on sale for cards and I have the Crystal Maiden and Lina background that if I wanted to sell goes for mid $7. I have 3 more games worth of cards to get/sell as well. Oh and I bought a few cards and made some badges as well and sold off the stuff from those (except for the above background I mentioned)

"Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about..."
What do you think that's referring to?

Cards tied into the summer sale?
Well it's coming out of beta so... naturally it will be available to all users. Not really referring to anything else obliquely.

Edit: Never mind, you meant 'event.' Yeah, possibly. I think the sale will start on July 15th or so.

"Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about..."
What do you think that's referring to?

Cards tied into the summer sale?
Well it's coming out of beta so... naturally it will be available to all users. Not really referring to anything else obliquely.

Edit: Never mind, you meant 'event.' Yeah, possibly. I think the sale will start on July 15th or so.
you mean he's not talking about the end times? /disappointed

Just a quick heads up for Enhanced Steam for Chrome users - version 3.7 is out now with loads of new features and bug fixes. Some of the features required that I change the permissions, so once it updates it may be disabled until you re-enable it on your extension tab.
You rawk JShackles but your new pic makes you look kind-of mean. Maybe you can edit in some 4th of July sparklers or something. :D
UP0DgMu.jpg

you mean he's not talking about the end times? /disappointed
End Times Apocalypse Sale! Only a few hours left before the Rapture! Anno 2070 - 45% off!
Harrumph <crosses arms> I'll wait!

Got a 50% off Sniper Elite V2 coupon frmo crafting OFFSPRING FLING cards. This game worth it or nah?
lulz.. 75% or GTFO... also you sound like you would really benefit from Enhanced Steam
I have enhanced steam but I barely use it, lul. (sorry creator guy whos post is just above me)

So how much has everyone made from these cards? My Steam wallet is currently sitting at $7.90 from selling 5 Team Fortress 2 cards, 2 Half Life 2 cards, 4 Portal 2 cards, 5 Faerie Solitaire cards, and a couple of Super Meat Boy cards. I still have a Super Meat Boy foil to sell, along with a couple of HL2 cards, and all of the cards from today (Offspring Fling, Zombie Driver, and Magicka). It's not a lot, but that's essentially a couple of free games from the Steam sale for a modicum of effort. Even if I'm only making $.25 per card, that's still roughly $1 per game for doing nothing. It adds up over time.
I'm sitting currently at $49.30 and I still have my zombie driver hd cards to sell. So close to getting Rome II free.
Im selling Rome 2 steam gift for 38$, so thats something you might want to hold back on.

Also Severose brought it to my attention that the Betrayal of Jimmy dlc for Mafia 2 is not available in the US, so I'm selling it for 2.5$.

And just 1 more shameless bump: I'm selling Dead Island Riptide for $13.

I figured id mention it here since I havent been selling lately, and I dont know if people actually even read the trade forum anymore, since its filled with bundle keys and trash.

Just got my second foil!?

Wish I could say it was from Zombie Driver HD , but it wasn't.  Offspring Fling Foil and none have sold so far and someone's already hit as low as $3.

I'm thinking the market might eventually settle into foil prices not being too far off from regular card prices.  Offspring Fling cards sell for like .20 cents.  Maybe the foils will settle around $1 at most?

You don't need a naga....
But honestly, everyone should own one if they play anything via KB+M ever. Because it's that damn good. At least get the Hex or whatever.
I agree, Naga is an excellent mouse. DPI is better on a few others, but I generally love mine. Also, I enjoy your avatar; just wanted to let you know that in case you get the banhammer for it. ;)
Would follow with my history. :) Nothing wrong with someone cheering me on.

Wish I could say it was from Zombie Driver HD , but it wasn't. Offspring Fling Foil and none have sold so far and someone's already hit as low as $3.

I'm thinking the market might eventually settle into foil prices not being too far off from regular card prices. Offspring Fling cards sell for like .20 cents. Maybe the foils will settle around $1 at most?
Well Zombie Driver foils have crashed hard, too. There are some up for $10 but one is up for $3ish and dropping steadily as people undercut each other. Probably between $1 and $2. At a certain point I'm sure they'll get cheap enough to have another tier of buyers interested in them. That said I think the glory days of cashing in are just about done. But I'll have probably made about $60ish prior to the summer sale so thanks for the free games, GabeN.

Wish I could say it was from Zombie Driver HD , but it wasn't. Offspring Fling Foil and none have sold so far and someone's already hit as low as $3.

I'm thinking the market might eventually settle into foil prices not being too far off from regular card prices. Offspring Fling cards sell for like .20 cents. Maybe the foils will settle around $1 at most?
Well Zombie Driver foils have crashed hard, too. There are some up for $10 but one is up for $3ish and dropping steadily as people undercut each other. Probably between $1 and $2. At a certain point I'm sure they'll get cheap enough to have another tier of buyers interested in them. That said I think the glory days of cashing in are just about done. But I'll have probably made about $60ish prior to the summer sale so thanks for the free games, GabeN.
Wait... Mooby, you actually buy games? I thought you just complained about them! ;)

I'm sitting currently at $49.30 and I still have my zombie driver hd cards to sell. So close to getting Rome II free.
Im selling Rome 2 steam gift for 38$, so thats something you might want to hold back on.

Also Severose brought it to my attention that the Betrayal of Jimmy dlc for Mafia 2 is not available in the US, so I'm selling it for 2.5$.

And just 1 more shameless bump: I'm selling Dead Island Riptide for $13.

I figured id mention it here since I havent been selling lately, and I dont know if people actually even read the trade forum anymore, since its filled with bundle keys and trash.
Glad to see you're back Jake, just in time for the summer seal

You don't need a naga,especially if you're just playing solo. Solo you can pretty much face roll on your key board or click abilities and win. There isn't anything "hard". It's until you group and do elite and nightmare dungeons that you actually need to equip specific abilities and time them right to win.
This isn't really true at all. Compared to most MMOs out there, TSW has a much higher degree of difficulty and learning curve. You have to be smart about gearing yourself, setting up your abilities, and engaging enemies. Not only that, jumping over to the next area always provides a strong difficulty spike. Either Drabe is an MMO master or he played with buddies a lot, got strong and well equipped, and THEN did some stuff solo. The difficulty levels out once you get the hang of the game and know what you're doing, have a good setup, etc, but it's initially quite difficult.

All that said, you don't need a fancy mouse to play it.

TSW has far more interesting quests, voice acting, story lines, puzzle mechanics, and settings than anything on the market. Sadly they are coupled to slow combat that is average for the genre, a poorly optimized engine, and lackluster townhubs. The setting feels too real to be grandiose in any sense.
I'm not sure what MMOs you're comparing the combat to, but TSW's combat is actually significantly faster paced than most others out there. It's not ARPG combat (you're still locking on to an enemy, making sure you're in the proper range, and executing abilities with cooldowns and whatnot), but it's much much faster than other MMOs' combat systems. It's very motion based, where you need to keep moving, avoid enemies' AoE attacks, use active dodge (flipping and rolling), all the while juggling your abilities, dealing damage, healing, etc. Not only that, but the combat is played with a TPS style aiming and movement system, and is near impossible played otherwise. Maybe you haven't played a whole lot of MMOs, but the only MMO I've played that is faster paced is TERA (but that has ARPG combat).

The graphics aren't all that optimized, but again, it's better than a lot of other MMOs out there. SWTOR is buggy as hell, getting near 10+ players makes the framerate chug, and the game makes your computer run very hot while the game doesn't even have that great and demanding of graphics (it uses a terrible engine called the "Hero Engine"). TERA has the same problem with getting nearby crowds and getting massive FPS drops (it uses Unreal 3, but apparently the game is fraught with bad coding).

The setting... that's kind of relative to who's playing the game. I've got a laundry list of "grandiose" settings in games. The realism and modernism of TSW is one of its coolest features, in my opinion. That said, did you make it to the Valley of the Sun God? If that place isn't grandiose, I don't know what is. Setting is definitely not one of TSW's weak points.

TSW has too many zombies.
You probably only played the first world's first area. There are loads of zombies in Kingsmouth, less in Savage Coast, even less in Blue Mountain, then pretty much none once you're out of Solomon Island.

From what I understand, they randomly appear in your inventory.Idling, etc doesn't increase/decrease chances. The higher the steam level you are does, though.
Speaking of, let me just say how annoying it is to be 9xp away from my next level. I refuse to buy up cards for a badge just to push me over the top.

You don't need a naga,especially if you're just playing solo. Solo you can pretty much face roll on your key board or click abilities and win. There isn't anything "hard". It's until you group and do elite and nightmare dungeons that you actually need to equip specific abilities and time them right to win.
This isn't really true at all. Compared to most MMOs out there, TSW has a much higher degree of difficulty and learning curve. You have to be smart about gearing yourself, setting up your abilities, and engaging enemies. Not only that, jumping over to the next area always provides a strong difficulty spike. Either Drabe is an MMO master or he played with buddies a lot, got strong and well equipped, and THEN did some stuff solo. The difficulty levels out once you get the hang of the game and know what you're doing, have a good setup, etc, but it's initially quite difficult.

All that said, you don't need a fancy mouse to play it.
I didnt know anyone but you that played and we never even played together, my friend bought it shortly after me. I did missions solo, ran dungeons with pick up groups and raped face. Its wasn't difficult at all...and if by difficult you mean you're just undergeared "jumping over to the next area always provides a strong difficulty spike."....that isnt difficult...thats you screwing yourself by not running dungeons that are set for your gear level and trying to get by with shitty quest loot.

There aren't even game mechanics required to win playing solo other than uh oh don't stand in that LOOOONG drawn out cast that non elite regular mob is casting.

I haven't played TSW, but aside from PvP, the skillcap in all MMOs is relatively low - far lower than people like to make out. If I had the time I'd give TSW a shot just to see how true that comment is. GW2 has relatively fast combat, and is also very position heavy. I actually found TERA to be incredibly clunky but I didn't make it more than an hour into it which doesn't give any MMO a fair shot. SWTOR was horribly coded so that essentially no textures were loaded into memory, putting it on an SSD gives a significant boost to performance (one of the rare games where it actually matters for FPS). I really enjoyed SWTOR for a few months, Huttball is some of the best MMO PvP that's ever been made at least it was for awhile.

I didnt know anyone but you that played and we never even played together, my friend bought it shortly after me. I did missions solo, ran dungeons with pick up groups and raped face. Its wasn't difficult at all...and if by difficult you mean you're just undergeared "jumping over to the next area always provides a strong difficulty spike."....that isnt difficult...thats you screwing yourself by not running dungeons that are set for your gear level and trying to get by with shitty quest loot.
I agree that I've never had a problem in a dungeon with a group of competent players, but I disagree on just about everything else. I was usually overgeared no matter what I did. I think I was using QL9 stuff in Blue Mountain. I also used a very self sufficient DPS/heal build. guywdknet had problems solo as well, and he had a great AR/claws build too. Did you do the Eye of Horus quest solo?

Honestly, I feel like you're severely exaggerating, you were way overleveled/overgeared for your areas, you played with friends more than you remember, or you're just an MMO master, but while TSW may not be the hardest game in the world, it's pretty damn challenging solo. Out of all the people I know, you're the first person I've ever heard call it easy solo.

I haven't played TSW, but aside from PvP, the skillcap in all MMOs is relatively low - far lower than people like to make out. If I had the time I'd give TSW a shot just to see how true that comment is. GW2 has relatively fast combat, and is also very position heavy. I actually found TERA to be incredibly clunky but I didn't make it more than an hour into it which doesn't give any MMO a fair shot. SWTOR was horribly coded so that essentially no textures were loaded into memory, putting it on an SSD gives a significant boost to performance (one of the rare games where it actually matters for FPS). I really enjoyed SWTOR for a few months, Huttball is some of the best MMO PvP that's ever been made at least it was for awhile.
I agree that MMOs aren't often difficult. That's pretty much the prime reason I got tired of SWTOR. It was so damn easy. TERA has been the same way, which is a little disappointing, but I just got to an area with enemies that pretty much require a 5 man team with the amount of damage they do and their high HP, so I look forward to more of those battles. TERA feels a bit clunky depending on the class you're using. I started out with a slayer (medium armor, massive greatsword) and the combat did feel clunky. Since then I've played as a sorcerer and a warrior, and the combat is really fast paced and clean.

But for as easy as I've found every MMO I've played, I haven't felt that way with TSW at all. It really is a challenging game solo in a lot of instances. Sure there are missions that are pretty easy regardless if you're in a party or not, but you'll come across quite a few that make you work for a victory. That Eye of Horus one I mentioned is brutal. I did it solo, died a handful of times trying, while my friend (who was better geared than me) did it with his friend and they STILL died a couple of times on the mission. That's the hardest one I've come across, but there are others like it (ask EvilDeadJedi or Gilby about the moth nest...).

I agree that I've never had a problem in a dungeon with a group of competent players, but I disagree on just about everything else. I was usually overgeared no matter what I did. I think I was using QL9 stuff in Blue Mountain. I also used a very self sufficient DPS/heal build. guywdknet had problems solo as well, and he had a great AR/claws build too. Did you do the Eye of Horus quest solo?

Honestly, I feel like you're severely exaggerating, you were way overleveled/overgeared for your areas, you played with friends more than you remember, or you're just an MMO master, but while TSW may not be the hardest game in the world, it's pretty damn challenging solo. Out of all the people I know, you're the first person I've ever heard call it easy solo.
I played with my one friend who started after i did, and that was in dungeons when I wasn't running with pick up groups...which was 95% of the time. Again I still play with that same person. I didn't have a single self heal, i ran a chaos/blade tank build, and a shitty chaos/blade dps build. Eye of Horus quest is that the sigil fragment one? I did it I don't remember how or when though. Nobody geared me up, nobody leveled me..i played solo and did dungeons...its not that hard. I'm far too easily frustrated and would have quit if I ran into issues with things.

Maybe I'm just an MMO master

I played with my one friend who started after i did, and that was in dungeons when I wasn't running with pick up groups...which was 95% of the time. Again I still play with that same person. I didn't have a single self heal, i ran a chaos/blade tank build, and a shitty chaos/blade dps build. Eye of Horus quest is that the sigil fragment one? I did it I don't remember how or when though. Nobody geared me up, nobody leveled me..i played solo and did dungeons...its not that hard. I'm far too easily frustrated and would have quit if I ran into issues with things.

Eye of Horus is the one in the Valley of the Sun God where you have to kill all of the mini-boss type enemies in that creepy pit ruin that's overtaken by Filth. You use the Eye of Horus to drain their power so that the fights are more manageable (otherwise it's even more brutal), and once you kill them all, you have to kill the general. I don't remember anything about sigils.

But I dunno. I've never come across an MMO that I find difficult. On SWTOR, Gilby and Motoki make fun of me because I insist on doing all the 2-man and 4-man missions solo, because those are the only times I find something of a challenge. Myself and everyone I know who play TSW have always found a lot of it difficult solo. Perhaps you just never did any challenging quests solo.

Eye of Horus is the one in the Valley of the Sun God where you have to kill all of the mini-boss type enemies in that creepy pit ruin that's overtaken by Filth. You use the Eye of Horus to drain their power so that the fights are more manageable (otherwise it's even more brutal), and once you kill them all, you have to kill the general. I don't remember anything about sigils.

But I dunno. I've never come across an MMO that I find difficult. On SWTOR, Gilby and Motoki make fun of me because I insist on doing all the 2-man and 4-man missions solo, because those are the only times I find something of a challenge. Myself and everyone I know who play TSW have always found a lot of it difficult solo. Perhaps you just never did any challenging quests solo.
I think I completed pretty much every quest and stopped 3/4 of the waythrough Transylvania. I need to actually go back and finish my story quest...I got caught up in PVP and getting gear from elite then nightmare dungeons. The hardest quest I remember....is the final quest in last train to Cairo...and thats because of retarded platforming you have to do..and that isn't hard..its just frustrating. Platforming in a game that isnt designed for platforming.

I think I completed pretty much every quest and stopped 3/4 of the waythrough Transylvania. I need to actually go back and finish my story quest...I got caught up in PVP and getting gear from elite then nightmare dungeons. The hardest quest I remember....is the final quest in last train to Cairo...and thats because of retarded platforming you have to do..and that isn't hard..its just frustrating. Platforming in a game that isnt designed for platforming.
If you think TSW platforming sucks, you should try the platforming in SWTOR. :lol:

If you think TSW platforming sucks, you should try the platforming in SWTOR. :lol:
I played SWTOR when it first came out, subbed and hated it. It was a broken buggy mess, basic MMO features were missing...it was a waste of my money. I hear they fixed it though....aren't you limited in the number of Flashpoints you can do...and PVP is limited as well?

I played SWTOR when it first came out, subbed and hated it. It was a broken buggy mess, basic MMO features were missing...it was a waste of my money. I hear they fixed it though....aren't you limited in the number of Flashpoints you can do...and PVP is limited as well?
Something like that, yes. Flashpoints are long and only worthwhile once though (if it's close to your level). I've found almost no point to doing the same one more than once unless I absolutely must have another orange gear that it drops, which is like, never. All you have to do is buy $5 of Cartel Coins and your account will be "preferred" which lessens up most of the Nazi restrictions. I don't think PvP is limited, but I could be wrong. I subbed most of the time I played it and had my fun, but it got old. I found the crafting and market to be fun as well, but some people say it sucks.

EA is a joke though, here's the F2P/preferred/sub chart: http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Vijimagames
You only selling the listed things now, or are you back (Or going to be back) to selling things with a slight markup on Ukrainian price? Curious with the summer sale looming. I may have to buy things without gray market pricing. How dreadful.
as of now, i'm just selling the games that I've listed. but, I will most likely be fully back by the time the summer sale starts.

also, lol at that quote

Vijimagames
You only selling the listed things now, or are you back (Or going to be back) to selling things with a slight markup on Ukrainian price? Curious with the summer sale looming. I may have to buy things without gray market pricing. How dreadful.
as of now, i'm just selling the games that I've listed. but, I will most likely be fully back by the time the summer sale starts.

also, lol at that quote
Cool beans, thanks for the info! May have to shake you down when the time comes.

Finally got a foil, but it was for Magicka. Didn't see a point in holding onto it, so I slapped it on the market and made $2.30. Oh, how I wish I had gotten a foil earlier...Damn you GabeN!!!

y u overpay for Rome II? (it's Sega after all, sure not quite Square Enix... but certainly the runner-up)
Well I don't really consider it over paying since I will be paying $0 out of pocket for it or close to that. Plus I highly enjoy the total war series.

Edit: also just saw Jakenomes post might have to hold off on that.

I just noticed they finally fixed it so you see the actual number of games you own and not games+dlc when you look at your profile. Awesome :D

I just noticed they finally fixed it so you see the actual number of games you own and not games+dlc when you look at your profile. Awesome :D
Also the "Game Collector" showcase on your profile (if you're level 10 or higher) shows a separate count of games and DLC.

y u overpay for Rome II? (it's Sega after all, sure not quite Square Enix... but certainly the runner-up)
Well I don't really consider it over paying since I will be paying $0 out of pocket for it or close to that. Plus I highly enjoy the total war series.

Edit: also just saw Jakenomes post might have to hold off on that.
If you're a TW fan, there's a ton of gameplay, so it's hard to argue against it not being worth it for a TW fan... I still take issue with #BadMath though... imo, consider it the same as a giftcard (not free-money).

Also the "Game Collector" showcase on your profile (if you're level 10 or higher) shows a separate count of games and DLC.
Is there a badge for less than 500 games? I'm curious.

Is there a badge for less than 500 games? I'm curious.
Yes.

I forgot what it's called but there's definitely a 250+ badge, and probably a 100+ badge before that.

How is the xp calculated?

Is it 1xp for games and 1xp for DLC but the game counter associated with the badge is only linked to full games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back