The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a badge for less than 500 games? I'm curious.
Yes.

I forgot what it's called but there's definitely a 250+ badge, and probably a 100+ badge before that.

How is the xp calculated?

Is it 1xp for games and 1xp for DLC but the game counter associated with the badge is only linked to full games?
I got 430xp for 241 games + 306 DLC. Not really sure how it's calculated.

I am a Director of Acquisitions with 786 XP for 731 games and I dunno how many DLC.  Where do I see that number?

Edit:

Alright, 380 DLC. 

Director of Acquisitions

506 Games

??? DLC

629 XP

Good news, they fixed those glitched-0% SR3 achieves...

Bad news, Magicka now hogs 4 of my 6 Achievement Showcase (I'm not fond of Magicka and didn't play it for achieves), SR3 with one (complete all car thefts) and PAM with one (and I really dislike PAM) for completing one arcade mode race on hard >.< (seriously?)

Is there a badge for less than 500 games? I'm curious.
I've seen badges for 1, 10, 50, 100, 250, and 500 so far.

EDIT: Added the ones I missed thanks to Eldrepe, MHC, xanchui, and dbolt.

1.png
One-Stop Shopper

5.png
Select Collector

10.png
Adept Accumulator

25.png
Sharp-Eyed Stockpiler

50.png
Collection Agent

100.png
Power Player

250.png
Game Mechanic

500.png
Director of Acquisitions
1000.png
Game Industry Guardian

2000.png
Gaming God

The thread title amuses me presently.  It promises both a Huge Paradox as well as a Quantum Conundrum.

Only had Offspring Fling and Magicka of today's additions.  Got my drops, sold them, on to the next.

The thread title amuses me presently. It promises both a Huge Paradox as well as a Quantum Conundrum.

Only had Offspring Fling and Magicka of today's additions. Got my drops, sold them, on to the next.
it also takes place on a dead island with the mafia...so basically Steam is subliminally trying to bring back Lost :razz:

It's weird .. SR3 stopped tracking my achievements while playing. I finished that game, got a bunch of popups while playing, but then noticed they weren't tracking on steam. I read this and went to check out of curiosity - Steam still shows me at 13/83 with 62 hours played.. oh well. :)

After switching over to PC I've found that I really have no desire to really try for achievements anymore. It's pretty liberating. :)

Director of Acquisitions

506 Games

??? DLC

629 XP

Bad news, Magicka now hogs 4 of my 6 Achievement Showcase (I'm not fond of Magicka and didn't play it for achieves), SR3 with one (complete all car thefts) and PAM with one (and I really dislike PAM) for completing one arcade mode race on hard &gt;.&lt; (seriously?)
Ha, you and your mainstream games! Mine happens to be filled with 10,000,000 achievements, the most recent of which is "Who's OP Now?" which apparently only 0.02% of users have. I feel so hip right now I might have to take a screenshot for my Italian Flickr account.

Holy shit, I just realized that the PM limit has been raised from 150 to 50,000! No more going through my PMs and trying to figure out which ones were ok to delete so I could free up a couple of spaces.

Whatever other pains or inconveniences brought on by the switch to CAG 3.0, it's all been worth it just for that.

the most recent of which is "Who's OP Now?"
The achievements showcase lists achievements based on rarity, not most recent ones you've gotten. Problem is it's bugged on some achievements. I end up with 4 from Saints Row 3 with 0.00% collection rate, then after that I start seeing real achievements with rates like 0.08%.

It also doesn't show you (Or let you click to a page that shows you) your 100% achieved games. No one will know of my Dwarfs?! mastery, and whatever the hell the second game I got 100% on is. I don't even know.

Holy shit, I just realized that the PM limit has been raised from 150 to 50,000! No more going through my PMs and trying to figure out which ones were ok to delete so I could free up a couple of spaces.

Whatever other pains or inconveniences brought on by the switch to CAG 3.0, it's all been worth it just for that.
Absolutely! It's more than that, too... that's a conversation limit, not a message limit. Before, if you tried to conduct a trade, you'd end up with two or three messages per person (plus any of your sent ones that you chose to save)... that'd eat into your limit very quickly. Now, all of that counts as one conversation. Much, much better!

Almost forgot, but shameless advertising - for those who do not have Zombie Driver HD - it is in Indie Gala Mass Effect, which I conveniently have copies of for only $1.60 for the entire bundle. I smell like almost free bundle ;)
thanks fox, for some reason I never activated Zombie Driver HD after I bought the mass effect bundle. (probably because I confused it with the SD version) and thought I already activated it.

Absolutely! It's more than that, too... that's a conversation limit, not a message limit. Before, if you tried to conduct a trade, you'd end up with two or three messages per person (plus any of your sent ones that you chose to save)... that'd eat into your limit very quickly. Now, all of that counts as one conversation. Much, much better!
3rub8a.jpg

the most recent of which is "Who's OP Now?"
The achievements showcase lists achievements based on rarity, not most recent ones you've gotten. Problem is it's bugged on some achievements. I end up with 4 from Saints Row 3 with 0.00% collection rate, then after that I start seeing real achievements with rates like 0.08%.

It also doesn't show you (Or let you click to a page that shows you) your 100% achieved games. No one will know of my Dwarfs?! mastery, and whatever the hell the second game I got 100% on is. I don't even know.
If you have Thomas Was Alone, it's probably Thomas Was Alone. That's my only 100% game and it took all of 3 1/2 hours to wrap up.

Also, mad props for the Dwarfs?! mastery. Your beard inpresses me.

Glad they fixed that SR3 achievement bug. Though there's still one that still bugged. It says that 0.01% of users have gotten it, but I don't think it's THAT rare. It's for beating one of the DLCs that's included in the season pass. Oh well.

I'm hoping they add a showcase for your completed games (100% achievements) and you can pick the 4-5 you want to be in it.

Just picked up Evoland and wow, for $5 this game is a huge amount of fun!  I've probably played a 5th of the game so far and I'm having a lot of fun with it!  Can't wait to play more later!

Just idled all my drops for Magicka, Offspring Fling, and Super Meat Boy.  And checking market prices...wow.  At 20 cents a card, I don't think I'm even going to bother selling most of these.  Might as well wait for the Summer Sale and see what Valve has planned.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but FTL is on sale for $2.49 from their website.

The page I've linked to says it's redeemable on Steam.

FTL
Oooh, sweet deal. Wish I would have waited on it :(

That said, really digging how they basically match any sale other sites do on their own site. Smart move.

The trading card market was neat, made a couple bucks, but i'm actually looking forward to the point where I could potentially trade a trading card with my friends instead of them just instantly flipping their cards on the market.

Also:  Obligatory "I just bought FTL yesterday for $4.99" post.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but FTL is on sale for $2.49 from their website.

The page I've linked to says it's redeemable on Steam.

FTL
Son of a...!!!!!! Now my $3 after cards doesn't seem like such a great deal. Nevermind that I played 17 hours (actually, more like 20+, I think Steam's time-logger wasn't working the second night) immediately upon getting it. Anyone who doesn't already have it, please do yourself a favor and pick it up if you like strategy or old-school games in the slightest. It's really great.

Although I highly recommend getting the hi-res backgrounds mod to prevent eye bleedage. If they could remake this with modern graphics and higher all-around production values it'd be a contender for GOTY for me for sure.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but a new GetLoadedGo is starting in about 10 minutes.

Sometimes these are good, sometimes they're not so good.  This one will supposedly be two Bethesda games for $15.  Supposedly includes Dishonored and Rage among others.

EDIT: Seems it may be delayed til later this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back