The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The trading card market was neat, made a couple bucks, but i'm actually looking forward to the point where I could potentially trade a trading card with my friends instead of them just instantly flipping their cards on the market.
Agreed. It's been fun making a few bucks here and there, but it'd be nice to actually trade cards between friends. This whole idling for cards and quickly trying to cash in on the market feels so unintended. Money making aside, I'm not really a fan with how the system works in its current form.

I'd honestly like to see the more common cards and emoticons, backgrounds and such sell for pennies instead of quarters. Really curious to see how things will fluctuate when it comes out of beta and how it weaves into the upcoming Summer Sale.

FTL for 2.49 is nice and all...but if there was ever a game that screamed obvious Humble Bundle candidate, this is it. Still, if it ends up being on sale for that price on Steam I'll probably buy it with my "free" trading card moneys.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but a new GetLoadedGo is starting in about 10 minutes.

Sometimes these are good, sometimes they're not so good. This one will supposedly be two Bethesda games for $15. Supposedly includes Dishonored and Rage among others.

EDIT: Seems it may be delayed til later this weekend?

Dishonored and something else for $15 would be great. Don't have high hopes, but would love like Omerta maybe.

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but FTL is on sale for $2.49 from their website.

The page I've linked to says it's redeemable on Steam.

FTL
Thanks! That's the price I'd been looking for. I know it will be in a bundle at some point, but I'll just give that key to my GF or something. Hopefully I'll make the cost back in cardzzz. :)

Possibly a better system for the steam cards would be to have drops based on achievements.  I get it that the vendors want their product to sell.  However, I think the XP and cards based on actually playing the game would be more rewarding.  I also agree with others that trading cards would be nice and perhaps allowing more card drops (again, based on actually playing the game)  could help.

Possibly a better system for the steam cards would be to have drops based on achievements. I get it that the vendors want their product to sell. However, I think the XP and cards based on actually playing the game would be more rewarding. I also agree with others that trading cards would be nice and perhaps allowing more card drops (again, based on actually playing the game) could help.
The problem with achievement based rewards is that achievements are saved and controlled client-side, so you can go into a program like Steam Achievement Manager, and just check the relevant boxes and send that data to the Steam servers.

Obviously you can NOT do that and enjoy the system as it was intended, but if the prizes have any tangible value, like cards currently do, then that system ends up being worse for abuse than the time based one currently in place.

Possibly a better system for the steam cards would be to have drops based on achievements. I get it that the vendors want their product to sell. However, I think the XP and cards based on actually playing the game would be more rewarding. I also agree with others that trading cards would be nice and perhaps allowing more card drops (again, based on actually playing the game) could help.
That might not be a bad idea--it would eliminate a lot of the "idling" rewards that folks get now. I did idle a couple of my games: Super Meat Boy (because I'll never play it) and HL2 (because I finished it years ago).

The trading card market was neat, made a couple bucks, but i'm actually looking forward to the point where I could potentially trade a trading card with my friends instead of them just instantly flipping their cards on the market.
Agreed. It's been fun making a few bucks here and there, but it'd be nice to actually trade cards between friends. This whole idling for cards and quickly trying to cash in on the market feels so unintended. Money making aside, I'm not really a fan with how the system works in its current form.

I'd honestly like to see the more common cards and emoticons, backgrounds and such sell for pennies instead of quarters. Really curious to see how things will fluctuate when it comes out of beta and how it weaves into the upcoming Summer Sale.
I think when the system goes into open beta or goes live the bottom will drop out of the market and it will function more as you reference here. Only really rare items will be worth any significant amount of money so it'll be pretty similar to the TF2 market at that point.

The problem with achievement based rewards is that achievements are saved and controlled client-side, so you can go into a program like Steam Achievement Manager, and just check the relevant boxes and send that data to the Steam servers.

Obviously you can NOT do that and enjoy the system as it was intended, but if the prizes have any tangible value, like cards currently do, then that system ends up being worse for abuse than the time based one currently in place.
I doubt many people are doing this now, but you're right it would be rampant if this change were made.

EDIT: Another nice feature of 3.0--no more serial posting. The forum just concatenated two of my separate posts automagically!

Why has Sniper Elite not had a price drop yet? Consoles got the "Silver Star Edition" with the DLC for $30 a few months ago, and the base PC version is still $50. I'll be waiting.

I just spent $.84 to get the Magicka badge.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
I've for the most part only sold duplicate cards and cards for games that I've no real attachment to. I can't tell you how many times I've looked up the market prices on completing a set to craft though... Even though I'm spending steam wallet money that I earned from selling cards, I still haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying cards to complete a set for myself. Even the latest batch of games have cards selling for $0.20 and I just can't do it yet ; ; even though I want to so bad.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
I've for the most part only sold duplicate cards and cards for games that I've no real attachment to. I can't tell you how many times I've looked up the market prices on completing a set to craft though... Even though I'm spending steam wallet money that I earned from selling cards, I still haven't been able to pull the trigger on buying cards to complete a set for myself. Even the latest batch of games have cards selling for $0.20 and I just can't do it yet ; ; even though I want to so bad.
The dark side is just a step away, my friend. We welcome you with open arms... :twisted:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
The dark side is just a step away, my friend. We welcome you with open arms... :twisted:
We have cookies!

join-the-dark-side-we-have-cookies-Oj4d38.jpg

(I love the Summer Solstice; it means I can celebrate the coming darkness.)

Crusader Kings Complete said:
Key Feature:
Increase the greatness of your lands and your treasure coffins, build Cathedrals and Castles, and combat Highway Robber Bands and defecting vassals
Drat! They just had to give away where I hide my millons of dollars of gold bullion -- buried in treasure coffins. The social disgust of digging up the dead keeps it safe... now I guess I'll have to find a different place it will be safe... maybe in a library.

Hi.  I'm an idiot.  Please enlighten me.  (At least I have the excuse of the search-thread function not working since the relaunch of the site.)

Do those 50% off Sniper Elite V2 coupons stack with the Daily Sale 75% off?  I don't have one, but I'll head over to the Steam Trading forum to get one from somebody if they do....

Thanks.

Hi. I'm an idiot. Please enlighten me. (At least I have the excuse of the search-thread function not working since the relaunch of the site.)

Do those 50% off Sniper Elite V2 coupons stack with the Daily Sale 75% off? I don't have one, but I'll head over to the Steam Trading forum to get one from somebody if they do....

Thanks.
Some coupons stack, but most do not. The coupon in your inventory will specifically say whether or not it can be combined with other discounts. You would have to ask the seller, but I imagine it does not. Typically, developers will not put their game on sale if there is an active stackable coupon in the wild. To my knowledge this has only happened about 3-4 times since coupons were introduced.

Absolutely no fucks are given but the OP is missing some stuff.

There's more EU3 DLC, including the music pack and additional sprite packs. Also, the Vicky II: A Heart of Darkness deal has been omitted.

Absolutely no fucks are given but the OP is missing some stuff.

There's more EU3 DLC, including the music pack and additional sprite packs. Also, the Vicky II: A Heart of Darkness deal has been omitted.
thanks for the heads up. With everything that's on sale, I knew I must have missed something. In case anyone cares, I've gone and bolded the daily 75% off sales, to try and keep them noticeable among all the 50%s, which last the whole weekend.

I think this discussion is based on the faulty premise that the HIB BTA is chosen is a rational or semi-rational manner.

Based on the history of BTA versus non-BTA titles, I believe the BTA selection process works something like this:

HIB tacks the boxart of the games on a wall, they bring in a a feces-throwing monkey and wait a day.  Whichever boxart is most covered with monkey feces gets selected for the BTA, if multiple boxart are covered with feces then it will be a multi-game BTA.

I think this discussion is based on the faulty premise that the HIB BTA is chosen is a rational or semi-rational manner.
The Humble guys answered this in the AMA for HIB 8:

it is pretty arbitrary. We basically just ask a developer if they would mind being in that slot and repeat until it is filled. Sometimes a developer will specifically request to be there. Sometimes it is actually hard to fill.
And later in that same question, somewhat surprisingly:

By default, everyone shares evenly regardless of the position. However, if you expand the sliders, you can go in and customize which game gets what.
I had always assumed that BTA games got a larger cut, but that is not the case.

The Humble guys answered this in the AMA for HIB 8:

it is pretty arbitrary. We basically just ask a developer if they would mind being in that slot and repeat until it is filled. Sometimes a developer will specifically request to be there. Sometimes it is actually hard to fill.
And later in that same question, somewhat surprisingly:

By default, everyone shares evenly regardless of the position. However, if you expand the sliders, you can go in and customize which game gets what.
I had always assumed that BTA games got a larger cut, but that is not the case.
Lies and coverups! They are afraid of being sued over "business process" patents that cover "critical decision making with monkey feces."

So the GetLoadedGo sale will start at 9am BST (1am PST) tomorrow morning.

Their tweet button has been updated to say:

Get two Bethesda games for £10 / €12 / $15, incl. Dishonored, Fallout 3, RAGE and more
They tweeted:

Sorry about this delay. We are busy making it extra awesome (no joke)
Skyrim, maybe? Or GotY edition of New Vegas?

So the GetLoadedGo sale will start at 9am BST (1am PST) tomorrow morning.

Their tweet button has been updated to say:

Get two Bethesda games for £10 / €12 / $15, incl. Dishonored, Fallout 3, RAGE and more
They tweeted:

Sorry about this delay. We are busy making it extra awesome (no joke)
Skyrim, maybe? Or GotY edition of New Vegas?
Is it only Beth games, then?

In for 2 copies of Skyrim Legendary Edition since it will totally be in the bundle. That's how they are making it "extra awesome" . . . right?

Looks like Steam fixed the Saints Row 3 trophies that were showing that 0% of users had it.

There's still one in my trophy showcase that says 0.01% have unlocked it, I think that more people should have this "Complete mission 'Weird Science'". Probably still an error. All the other trophies in my showcase are for Sleeping Dogs.

Just something I noticed, and had been discussed a couple days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back