The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
What is that?
$15 for two Bethesda games of your choice from their list. They will have Dishonored, Fallout 3 GotY, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Doom 3 BFG, Rage, Brink, Obilivion GotY Deluxe, or Morrowind GotY.

Good deal if you don't already own these games to pick them up for cheap.

I think it is cool that they are still supporting the game in some form after all these years. Too many games we are lucky to see a patch or two and that is it.

Anyone get the feeling that with the trading cards leaving beta tomorrow and (supposedly) many new games getting cards that it'll be a little bit of chaos on the marketplace?

My understanding is that (again, supposedly) we'll be seeing much more than the typical "5 games" getting cards tomorrow.  This will be the "unveiling" of the card system to all Steam users so I suspect we could see 20 or more new games with cards.  We already know that Valve has approved quite a few game's card artwork and assets, so my guess is they'll all be released tomorrow.

The market is gonna be crazy.

Anyone get the feeling that with the trading cards leaving beta tomorrow and (supposedly) many new games getting cards that it'll be a little bit of chaos on the marketplace?

My understanding is that (again, supposedly) we'll be seeing much more than the typical "5 games" getting cards tomorrow. This will be the "unveiling" of the card system to all Steam users so I suspect we could see 20 or more new games with cards. We already know that Valve has approved quite a few game's card artwork and assets, so my guess is they'll all be released tomorrow.

The market is gonna be crazy.
I'll probably farm for cards, and wait til the market some what stabilizes over the next few days before I try to sell any. But yeah I am expecting chaos.

What was with that Half-Life 2 update? I was curious so I opened the game and to my surprise the text is in English but the dialog is in Korean. Um, what? Audio settings still tell me that audio is English. :whee:

Edit: I just deleted local content and I'll reinstall. I guess I'm not alone, Kotaku

I'm not a huge Steam fanatic [mostly cause of my specs] but what are the five games getting these cards and how do you actually attain them? It has my interest.

I'm not a huge Steam fanatic [mostly cause of my specs] but what are the five games getting these cards and how do you actually attain them? It has my interest.
Tomorrow everyone will have access to the "Steam Trading Cards" which has been in Beta for about 2 weeks now. There are currently about 25 games using this feature, but tomorrow more will be added.

You purchase the games like normal on Steam, and while playing them you'll be granted a random "Trading Card" for your Steam profile. A set of these cards can be turned in for a profile background, a Steam badge for your profile, a custom chat emoticon, and a coupon for a random game.

The trading cards can also be sold on the marketplace, which many CAGs do to subsidize the cost of said games.

we don't know, but the cards drop in game into your inventory. You have to be in the beta currently, but of course that all changes tomorrow ;)

EDIT: Ninja'd by shackles

I predict in the next 24 hours those prices are gonna drop like a rock.
They probably won't... Out of all the games in the trading card beta, Ugly Baby and Zombie Driver HD are among the games with the smallest userbase. Ugly Baby because it's not even finished (it technically is the very first Steam Early Access game)... and Zombie Driver HD because many folks who bought the original whined about how this remake was not "DLC" and stuff so it didn't sell particularly well. Hell, the Ugly Baby devs have already said they don't plan on lowering the price during the Summer Sale.

Almost every other game has a huge install base due to them being Valve games, being in various indie bundles or having ridiculously frequent sales (hi there Magicka).

I hope they don't release 20+ games with card drops tomorrow, that just seems like overkill and a way to devalue cards even quicker. All of the potential new adopters of card trading will already start with the 25 games released in beta and whatever is planned for tomorrow. I'm guessing 10 games will be announced for the public release.

If Steam wants to prolong the attention and interest of Steam Trading Cards they're best served following a similar schedule with the beta. A set of five games being released every Tuesday and Thursday (or Friday instead to spread things out).

To anyone who starts to get the random 1 GB / 3 GB update - stop the download, and restart Steam. This glitch happens once in a while to me, I just restart the client and it goes away.

I got the 3 GB update but then I just restarted Steam and poof, it's gone.

Tomorrow everyone will have access to the "Steam Trading Cards" which has been in Beta for about 2 weeks now. There are currently about 25 games using this feature, but tomorrow more will be added.

You purchase the games like normal on Steam, and while playing them you'll be granted a random "Trading Card" for your Steam profile. A set of these cards can be turned in for a profile background, a Steam badge for your profile, a custom chat emoticon, and a coupon for a random game.

The trading cards can also be sold on the marketplace, which many CAGs do to subsidize the cost of said games.
That actually sounds very cool. Thanks for the explanation.

A new release game for the 2nd of July added, guess the Summer sale might be around the 12th again after all.
As I pointed out a few days ago, game releases during major sales is a pretty common occurrence and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything. Mortal Kombat is also scheduled to be released on the 3rd.

Still kinda regretting skipping out on the Rogue Legacy preorder - I am sure it will be bundled but it probably has a few months.
Eh, same here. $10 is too pricey for that sort of game in my opinion, but it looks like something I'd play the heck out of. Castlevania it is not, but I've been craving a good roguelike.

Yeah $10 was just out of my range, I'd do $5 in Steam play-money in a heart-beat since I know I'd get my money out of it.  It's just screaming to be a BTA in a bundle though (and it's already in the humblestore so...).  We'll just wait and see I guess.

As I pointed out a few days ago, game releases during major sales is a pretty common occurrence and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything. Mortal Kombat is also scheduled to be released on the 3rd.
Not on it's own perhaps no. I still think developers would choose to avoid it if they can.

At this point we have week long sales running till the first of July. Although releases may happen during the Summer sale, I really don't think the new DLC of Civilization would be one of them (currently set on the 11th). Although granted, the Steam summer sale tends to last 10 days so it could fit in between those exactly.

Not on it's own perhaps no. I still think developers would choose to avoid it if they can.

At this point we have week long sales running till the first of July. Although releases may happen during the Summer sale, I really don't think the new DLC of Civilization would be one of them (currently set on the 11th). Although granted, the Steam summer sale tends to last 10 days so it could fit in between those exactly.
Releasing something (especially DLC) during the Summer Sale is actually a pretty smart move for developers. To my knowledge, nothing released during a sale has ever done so ON SALE unless it's the usual 10-20% off. It makes sense for them to try to occupy the "New Releases" section on the home page while millions of people are viewing Steam daily.

Last year during the Summer Sale Capcom released a metric ton of Street Fighter X Tekken DLC (at full price) and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.

and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.
I have no doubt about that, it was like 80% (wrong probably, but it was a LOT) cheaper or something in Russia, they were probably being bought en masse for trading.

Releasing something (especially DLC) during the Summer Sale is actually a pretty smart move for developers. To my knowledge, nothing released during a sale has ever done so ON SALE unless it's the usual 10-20% off. It makes sense for them to try to occupy the "New Releases" section on the home page while millions of people are viewing Steam daily.

Last year during the Summer Sale Capcom released a metric ton of Street Fighter X Tekken DLC (at full price) and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.

Wasn't Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum released during the 2010 Winter Sale a few years ago at 50% off? Also, I think Fable: The Lost Chapters came out the first day of the '11 Winter Sale at 75% off (although this might have been in a bundle with all the Fable 3 stuff).

I agree that releasing a product during a period when there are many more potential customers watching the site is a smart move, discount or not.

Aaaaaand I finally caught up on the thread.

And there wasn't anything worth multiquoting.  How boring.

For those thanking people for buying Defender's Quest at 66% off now to ensure it will be bundled, I did that back in January.   ;)  Did really well on my card drops when it was added, as a result.  That, and I got to play the game months ago.   :D

Looking forward to seeing what happens to coincide with the card program going live tomorrow.  Expecting some bigger-name games to have been "saved" for this event.

It has been called to my attention that there is a deadline to claim your steam key for Unepic if you a previous buyer. I went to the website to do so, but I can't figure out how to create an account over there. Then I remembered that somebody posted a quick "how to" for the procedure here on this thread about a week ago. Unfortunately, the search function doesn't work to well on CAG 3.0, so I'm having a little trouble finding. I could manually go through the past 50 or so pages to find it, but who wants to do that?

Anybody remember the magic procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back