The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Sasquatch said:
Is anyone else downloading a 3.7 gig update to Half-Life 2?

The End said:
I'm getting hit with it right now.

Psydero said:
I'm getting it as well, at a horrible download speed.
I had the same update, time to play half life 2 in Korean.

pepsiguy_2 said:
"1 event in the next 2 weeks "

1+2=3

Half-Life 3 confirmed.
proof of half life 3
pepsiguy is actually an antianagram of gaben.

It has been called to my attention that there is a deadline to claim your steam key for Unepic if you a previous buyer. I went to the website to do so, but I can't figure out how to create an account over there. Then I remembered that somebody posted a quick "how to" for the procedure here on this thread about a week ago. Unfortunately, the search function doesn't work to well on CAG 3.0, so I'm having a little trouble finding. I could manually go through the past 50 or so pages to find it, but who wants to do that?

Anybody remember the magic procedure?
How to get an Unepic Steam Key if you bought the July Jubilee Indie Royal Bundle:

1) Download the game from your Indie Royale Page or on Desura using the Desura key.
2) Open the game, click the "sign up" button in the top right and input your email.
3) The game asks you to put in a password it has sent out theoretically. In reality, it wants your serial key.
4) Your serial key isn't the Desura key on your Indie Royale Page, use the "ingame items" key that starts with iroa from your Indie Royale page.
5) After putting in your key, go here and use the account you just registered to log in: http://www.unepicgam...m/en/myzone.php
6) Click the "request steam key" button. If it goes through, you've got your key. If not, you have to wait for another key dump. The developer gets them in limited quantities and has had to request more multiple times.

As I pointed out a few days ago, game releases during major sales is a pretty common occurrence and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything. Mortal Kombat is also scheduled to be released on the 3rd.
You do... but... sadly I think the sale still won't start until mid July. Hope I'm wrong but that would be too nice.

How to get an Unepic Steam Key if you bought the July Jubilee Indie Royal Bundle:

1) Download the game from your Indie Royale Page or on Desura using the Desura key.
2) Open the game, click the "sign up" button in the top right and input your email.
3) The game asks you to put in a password it has sent out theoretically. In reality, it wants your serial key.
4) Your serial key isn't the Desura key on your Indie Royale Page, use the "ingame items" key that starts with iroa from your Indie Royale page.
5) After putting in your key, go here and use the account you just registered to log in: http://www.unepicgam...m/en/myzone.php
6) Click the "request steam key" button. If it goes through, you've got your key. If not, you have to wait for another key dump. The developer gets them in limited quantities and has had to request more multiple times.
Awesome, it worked. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I ever would have figured that out on my own. So thanks for the help. :)

Obligatory cards post. What I want:

Recettear
Psychonauts
Thomas Was Alone
Hotline Miami
Bastion

What I think we will get:

Skyram
Puzzle Pirates
Random tower defense
McPixel
You need a budget

Obligatory cards post. What I want:

You need a budget
Perfect, that's in my backlog...

wait...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Just did this and I can't find the request steam key button on the page. Whereabouts on the page is it? Am I blind or did I miss out? Any help is appreciated.

Just did this and I can't find the request steam key button on the page. Whereabouts on the page is it? Am I blind or did I miss out? Any help is appreciated.
Me neither. I did try to request a Steam key before and they were out. I don't know if that affects this.

Anyone else notice that Greenlight is missing from the home page?  And that clicking on it from the top banner yields no games are currently in Greenlight?

Also - the news section is missing all of it's articles.  I know they had some system maintenance last night but looks like they need to get back to work!

Also - has anyone else seen this leaked full page Valve ad-thingy?

1006109_523372651043567_1044711586_n.jpg

Supposedly they'll be announcing a new game in next month's PC Gamer.

Having visited Valve recently, I can say that their actual elevator looks nothing like this.

yea, and wondering if its worth it if you have ~half of them already.  Always wanted to try Reign out though, and for 2.50 it doesnt seem bad even having half of them already

Cool I almost figured as much but thought I'd share.

For those that missed it the first time around, they are re-selling the BundleStars #1 bundle for only $2.50! 10 games, all Steam.
I bought the 1C bundle from GamersGate (mixed DRM, few Steam keys) for ~$15 about a year or so ago but have ended up getting many of the same games through newer bundles that provide Steam keys. This one would knock out another 6 games. Not bad for $2.50.

that's a lot of bang for your buck(s), but honest question: are any of these actually worth playing?
King's Bounty is the obvious stand out. It's similar to Heroes of Might and Magic with turn based strategy combat mixed with fantasy/adventure. Lowest price it's been by itself is $2.49, not counting bundles.

Like you said - there's quite a bit here for what comes out $0.25 per game.

that's a lot of bang for your buck(s), but honest question: are any of these actually worth playing?
King's Bounty: The Legend is absolutely worth it if you don't already have it. It's a fantastic RPG.

Of the other games in there, I liked Fantasy Wars (turn-based strategy combat game, predecessor to Elven Legacy), the two Real Warfare games (not great, but serviceable Total War-type games), and Men of War: Vietnam (probably the worst of the MoW series, but I'm a sucker for those types of games, not that I'm any good at them). Death to Spies: Moment of Truth I haven't played yet, but I've heard good things about it, assuming you like your stealth games to be quite difficult; I played its prequel, and I couldn't make it past the 2nd mission, although I still came away with a favorable opinion of it. Reign: Conflict of Nations is a strategy game that I really, really wanted to like, but it's mediocre... might be worth playing, but other games (i.e. Knights of Honor) do the exact thing much better.

Haven't played the two racing games or Star Wolves 2 (which is on my wishlist, although I've heard it's a decent game buried under a buggy mess).

DLC Quest isn't worth more than $1, which is the price it normally is on XBL and PS3. They can't do 66% off for some reason?

Any thoughts on whether DLC Quest'll get to the magic 75% during the summer seal? I don't want to pay more than a buck.

N/M Just saw that it's on the Humble Store as of 6/20, so I can wait for the bundle it will inevitably be in.

King's Bounty: The Legend is absolutely worth it if you don't already have it. It's a fantastic RPG.

Of the other games in there, I liked Fantasy Wars (turn-based strategy combat game, predecessor to Elven Legacy), the two Real Warfare games (not great, but serviceable Total War-type games), and Men of War: Vietnam (probably the worst of the MoW series, but I'm a sucker for those types of games, not that I'm any good at them). Death to Spies: Moment of Truth I haven't played yet, but I've heard good things about it, assuming you like your stealth games to be quite difficult; I played its prequel, and I couldn't make it past the 2nd mission, although I still came away with a favorable opinion of it. Reign: Conflict of Nations is a strategy game that I really, really wanted to like, but it's mediocre... might be worth playing, but other games (i.e. Knights of Honor) do the exact thing much better.

Haven't played the two racing games or Star Wolves 2 (which is on my wishlist, although I've heard it's a decent game buried under a buggy mess).
hmm, well that sounds like it's worth buying. I have very little experience with RPG and strategy games though, are these hard to get into?

I really enjoyed DLC Quest - which includes both the original campaign and the expansion campaign.  True it's short - it took me 2 hours to complete both campaigns - but 2 hours of entertainment for $1.49 is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

And now I have a question (if anyone knows) about the newly released Magic 2014.

What the hell is this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219622/ ???

Trying to categorize it for Enhanced Steam (and decide if I want to buy it) but it's not exactly clear on what you're getting...

hmm, well that sounds like it's worth buying. I have very little experience with RPG and strategy games though, are these hard to get into?
King's Bounty: The Legend is pretty easy to pick up and play, I think. It might take a while to find the optimal strategies to winning in the turn-based battles or in figuring out the best composition of your troops/party, but it's fun, it's long, and it's pretty easy to get into. Not an easy game, but not difficult to learn. I had a similar experience with Fantasy Wars... not too difficult to get the basics, although there's some complexity there that will take time to fully understand.

The other strategy games are a bit harder to pick up and play. The Men of War series has a high difficulty level; if you learn one of the games in the series, you learn how to play them all, but there's a lot of detail and micromanagement there. I found that watching a Let's Play certainly helped. I'd recommend the same for Reign: Conflict of Nations -- or at least reading the manual. It's a somewhat obtuse grand strategy game with a high learning curve. It takes a while to figure out exactly what's going on, but if you can put in the time, you'll get some enjoyment out of it. I called it "mediocre" in my previous post, but it's really not a bad game... it just doesn't hold up to some other titles in the genre.

I really enjoyed DLC Quest - which includes both the original campaign and the expansion campaign. True it's short - it took me 2 hours to complete both campaigns - but 2 hours of entertainment for $1.49 is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

And now I have a question (if anyone knows) about the newly released Magic 2014.

What the hell is this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219622/ ???

Trying to categorize it for Enhanced Steam (and decide if I want to buy it) but it's not exactly clear on what you're getting...
sounds like just extra cards, which would probably fall under the microtransaction DLC banner. Just guessing though, as I have no experience with playing any of the games.

Okay found the answer about the "Sealed Deck Slots" in Magic 2014:

The game will come with two available slots for players to start Sealed Campaigns. These slots will keep all the deck edits and additions you make, plus your progress though the Sealed Deck Campaign. If you’d like to save more than two Sealed Decks, additional slots can be purchased for $1.99 each, and each slot will give you access to a different pool of cards and allows you to unlock different boosters. All Booster Packs use cards from a 180+ card “set” that’s unique to the game. To begin a Campaign, players will pick an open slot and get six 14-card Booster Packs to open. Players are then taken to the Deck Editor so they can create a 40-card Sealed Deck out of the 84 card pool they’ve opened (plus Basic Lands).

When finished creating a deck, players can then battle their way through the Sealed Deck Campaign in order to unlock an additional three Booster Packs along the way. At the end of the Campaign there will be a boss fight where the player will play to defeat another Sealed Deck. You can also use your Sealed Decks to play against other players.
I'm planning on buying Magic 2014 anyway - guess I'll try the two included "deck slots" and see if there is really any difference.

Is anybody else having trouble listing things for sale on the market? I try to put things up for sale, but they don't appear on the list of items for sale.

I really enjoyed DLC Quest - which includes both the original campaign and the expansion campaign. True it's short - it took me 2 hours to complete both campaigns - but 2 hours of entertainment for $1.49 is a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

There's a new sealed deck mode, where you get 6 (I think) sealed deck packs and you build a custom deck out of them. You get 2 deck slots with the game, but can buy additional deck slots for more custom deck action.

Sealed Deck is a different format from the usual magic gameplay. You use those packs and build a deck using only the cards contained from the packs.

There's a new sealed deck mode, where you get 6 (I think) sealed deck packs and you build a custom deck out of them. You get 2 deck slots with the game, but can buy additional deck slots for more custom deck action.
Thanks for the heads up. I started playing Magic: The Gathering in beta back in 1993. I stopped playing with the physical cards about 6 years ago and for the past few years have just been playing the Plainswalker games. Nice to see they've finally added a deck building / sealed deck gameplay mechanic.

Sealed Deck is a different format from the usual magic gameplay. You use those packs and build a deck using only the cards contained from the packs.
I guess my original question should have been "are there additional cards or booster types that can only be unlocked with these purchases?" The answer, after researching, is "no". There are 154 cards available in the sealed deck campaign. Even though you won't get all of these cards in a single "deck pool", buying additional slots doesn't add new cards it only allows you to start a new campaign with 6 new booster packs which contain a random assortment of those same 154 cards.

Booster Draft is the only real way to play Magic - sounds like that's what the sealed is going for??
Booster draft is different since that involves multiple players picking from the same packs, which introduces a lot of strategy in choosing the cards you need. This sealed deck mode is literally a "open packs, get cards, make a deck from everything."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back