The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The only game I bought with my GabeN money was strike suit infinity (SSZ was in my wishlist since it came to Steam). Sold all the cards for about $0.75. I think they were 4, so, nice deal. And I really like the game.

I enjoyed Defender's Quest more than either Dinos or Tower Wars; it just gives you so much more to do. Dinos I'll definitely go back to, but I'm kind of indifferent to Tower Wars. I'm only bringing it up lest anyone feel DQ doesn't deserve a spot in their TD gamelist because they've already got the other two.

You're probably correct. Keeping that in mind, the fact that DQ is not quite at 75% off, and the fact that the Steam Sale is coming up, it could be prudent to hold off.
Yeah, I just know it will be $3.75 eventually, so buying it now and having the cards maybe bring it down to that price (though it looks like it wouldn't even do that) just isn't appealing to me right now. I've heard nothing but good things from everyone who has played it, but I probably have like 20 TDs backlogged right now and I have yet to find one I don't like.

You want to hear something really fuckin' crazy?

I got tired of trying to sell my Defender's Quest cards on the market and just crafted the badge.
You know, it can get real tedious to have to sit there and list, then remove, then relist, then remove, then relist, etc. as the prices drop drop drop. That's why I wonder what the threshold for some people are. My new strategy is to mine for cards, let the prices fall to where they will, then post and sell.

re: Itchy and Scratchy Money

I think it's just natural human instinct to be a little loose with money when it is perceived as "free." I'm trying to stick to my usual 75% or bundle philosophy, but I'm sure something stupid will pop up during the summer sale and I'll buy it just because why not the money was free.

Not more than a few minutes ago Galaxy on Fire was listed as $8ish -- odd.

Sneaky sneaky!
well just to be fair, I admit the thread TITLE listed it as $8.49, likely because Worms is right under it in the OP and I noted its price by mistake. But the actual OP was correct, as was the price on fear 3, so don't think you won this time ;)

See this very long-winded post of mine about motion sickness, what FOV is, adjusting FOV's, etc etc :

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550469

PC gamers are likely used to 90+ for FOV settings. So, you might want to crank it up - especially if you have a higher-end PC.

Thing is - when you go higher and higher on FOV, the more and more you have a chance of noticing the game's camera get more of a fish-eyed kind of effect. So, if you have that, notice it, and don't like it - you might want to dial it downwards until you find something reasonable.

EDIT:

Ashes mentioned in this post that you switching to 3rd person camera (if game has that option) and turn off head-bob (if that setting exists in the CFG/INI or in-game settings/options) in a game can help those who deal w/ motion sickness:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550778

EDIT 2:

See this post for messing w/ INI's, CFG's, Tweak Guides and whatnot - if you have FO3 + New Vegas:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550884

EDIT 3:

Here's a post from Destructoid on messing w/ the FOV in Dishonored:

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-to-customize-dishonored-s-fov-even-more-236377.phtml

Try increasing the field of view. It can typically be changed via an ini file or via the console while in the game. I think most of them default to 75 degrees because that is what the consoles use. I run mine at 90 degrees and can pretty much play non-stop without issue. At 75 I had a headache within five minutes.

Ever tried any Anti-nausea or motion sick bracelets? Such as the ones that people wear for sea sickness. I have a friend who would get serious motion sickness while playing FPS games. They don't completely eliminate the problem, but they do severely reduce it.
Thanks for all the tips. I ended up moving the FOV to 95 and sitting further away from the monitor last night and it seemed to help. I've never heard of motion sick bracelets, but if the moving the FOV to a higher number ends up failing me I'll check into the bracelet.

So I finally got a foil card. A Half-Life 2 card.

I want to sell it, but at the same time... I'd rather get other cards for games I want instead. Ugly Baby stuff. Eh...

See this very long-winded post of mine about motion sickness, what FOV is, adjusting FOV's, etc etc :

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550469

PC gamers are likely used to 90+ for FOV settings. So, you might want to crank it up - especially if you have a higher-end PC.

Thing is - when you go higher and higher on FOV, the more and more you have a chance of noticing the game's camera get more of a fish-eyed kind of effect. So, if you have that, notice it, and don't like it - you might want to dial it downwards until you find something reasonable.

EDIT:

Ashes mentioned in this post that you switching to 3rd person camera (if game has that option) and turn off head-bob (if that setting exists in the CFG/INI or in-game settings/options) in a game can help those who deal w/ motion sickness:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550778

EDIT 2:

See this post for messing w/ INI's, CFG's, Tweak Guides and whatnot - if you have FO3 + New Vegas:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301469-amazon-pcdd-indie-store-launch-new-indie-bundles-deal-of-the-week/?p=10550884

EDIT 3:

Here's a post from Destructoid on messing w/ the FOV in Dishonored:

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-to-customize-dishonored-s-fov-even-more-236377.phtml
Just wanted to thank you for this! It really made a huge difference for me. You are a lifesaver!!!

I want to sell it, but at the same time... I'd rather get other cards for games I want instead. Ugly Baby stuff. Eh...
You changed your name! I've been thinking about doing it too. Smart idea to put the notification right below the new handle. I'll probably do that myself, so thanks.

Am I missing something? Why don't you just sell the card and buy the baby ones? Only reason to keep a card is if you plan to craft the badge, or know someone willing to trade with you (can look on the store pages I believe, and it will say if your friends have the cards).

Am I missing something? Why don't you just sell the card and buy the baby ones? Only reason to keep a card is if you plan to craft the badge, or know someone willing to trade with you (can look on the store pages I believe, and it will say if your friends have the cards).
It'd cost me more to buy the cards I want instead of trading for them since I'd have to -pay money- (add a PayPal balance) to get everything I need.

This foil doesn't seem to sell for much, so...

Just wanted to thank you for this! It really made a huge difference for me. You are a lifesaver!!!
You're very welcome. Glad I can help. :D

Thanks for all the tips. I ended up moving the FOV to 95 and sitting further away from the monitor last night and it seemed to help. I've never heard of motion sick bracelets, but if the moving the FOV to a higher number ends up failing me I'll check into the bracelet.
You're very welcome. Hope all my advice and others' advice helps resolve your motion sickness problem.

It'd cost me more to buy the cards I want instead of trading for them since I'd have to -pay money- (add a PayPal balance) to get everything I need.

This foil doesn't seem to sell for much, so...
I'm still unsure of why you wouldn't just sell the foil.

What else would you do with it?

EDIT: Is it just me or does CAG no longer do nested quotes?

Apparently, it's not just you.
That explains why the forum was flipping out and not letting me post with certain quotes yesterday afternoon while they must have been upgrading it.

I for one am all too pleased with the change, nested quotes were making the page incredibly long (not to mention being a pain if you went over the quota limit, and had to try and edit things out).
I agree. Much easier to follow on mobile especially!

i've been playing the demo you get with the preorder for a couple hours

i would say it plays like a cross between

- binding of isaac

- early castlevania games

- ghosts n goblins

and has a very unique upgrading system and really tight controls. the trait system is hilarious. id pay 15 for the full game NP. idk if the demo is available on steam but its massive and will give you a good idea of how it plays. i like the demo better than binding of isaac lol.

edit - just saw that giant bomb gave it a quick look. check it out.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-rogue-legacy/2300-7631/
I have 2 weak points in gaming: Old Castlevania games (from NES to SNES/Genesis) and Ultima 7.

Will try the demo, I hope you're right!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Edit: Tried the demo. It's Ghost N' Goblins + Rogue style, but not Castlevania :(

It's a good game, but I don't liked the controls too much. The movement is a bit clunky IMHO, but maybe that's the devs intention. I will buy it when it goes on discount, but I won't hurry. Maybe my hopes were too high after looking the videos.

I'll go and play it some more... maybe I'm wrong

the actual gameplay isn't like a castlevania to me, just the castle itself is just like a SOTN era castlevania. guess i should've specified. i don't find the controls clunky, you using a 360 controller? couldn't imagine it with a KB.

anyway..... can't stop, won't stop playing this demo even though i beat the boss a few times 

15.gif

the actual gameplay isn't like a castlevania to me, just the castle itself is just like a SOTN era castlevania. guess i should've specified. i don't find the controls clunky, you using a 360 controller? couldn't imagine it with a KB.

anyway..... can't stop, won't stop playing this demo even though i beat the boss a few times
I'm using a 360 gamepad. Yes, the automap reminds me of castlevania, and maybe the castle itself of certain design level. I just hoped the gameplay was more like it (I've been searching for a "castlevania 4" game since forever)

Maybe I rushed a bit. I'll try it again tomorrow with a fresh mind xD

Stop after the first and it's expansions.
I think two is pretty good, as well, it's just a very different playing game. Faster paced with a few big set pieces. None of the atmosphere of the original.

I thought three was incredibly tedious and very little fun to play, though.

FEAR 1 + exp are on my "top fps" list. It aged really well. Still haven't played FEAR 2 (don't know why), but I think I'll like it too

I don't know, I always liked Monolith games

FEAR 1 + exp are on my "top fps" list. It aged really well. Still haven't played FEAR 2 (don't know why), but I think I'll like it too

I don't know, I always liked Monolith games
FEAR 1 (base game) was awesome.

Pretty much, no FEAR game topped that game - not even close.

I think two is pretty good, as well, it's just a very different playing game. Faster paced with a few big set pieces. None of the atmosphere of the original.

I think FEAR 1 pretty much dictated how horror-style FPS's should be done...

...while FEAR 2 decided to follow bullet-points on a box from other FPS's.

Those things I'm talking about w/ FEAR 2...

Half-Life tram ride - check! But w/ a twist - you're attacking enemies on the tram!

Riddick: Butcher Bay mech-style mission - check!

Turret gun sequence - check!

Checkpoints instead of save-anywhere/anytime - check!

Rehash horror elements from FEAR 1 - check!

About FEAR 3 - it turned more into a COD-style SP campaign than say a FEAR style shooter.

Did you play Fear 3 in coop? The game is really designed for it and it makes it a lot more fun. Not as good as Fear 1, but still fun.

Ok guys, i want to know all the latest steam deals. I got $120 to spend
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Keep an eye on the GG, GMG, GOG, & Amazon threads.

Defender's Quest is bundle fodder. What happened to you guys?!??!
They're suffering from an acute case of carditis.

I would buy Lara Croft GoL and play the shit out of it right now

Unfortunately, this hot weather is overheating my graphics card.
Pop the side off your case.

We started playing our games. :shock:
And liked it!

You want to hear something really fuckin' crazy?

I got tired of trying to sell my Defender's Quest cards on the market and just crafted the badge.
There's some unstated deep shame in this story... where'd you get the rest of the cards from? ;)

I suffer quite a bit from motion sickness in video games (sometimes when I'm a car passenger on windy roads too). More FOV helps, I usually play at 92-94 (wider just causes too much wide angle distortion). Increasing your distance from you screen can help (I've only read this one, reasonable changes in chair-monitor distance have had no effect for me.) Using a third-person or over the shoulder camera help. Camera bob sucks, try to turn it off. Also more FPS helps sometimes.

I don't mean to start an off topic debate, but imo, bracelet = placebo. In Dramamine I trust (never tried it for video games though).

I suffer quite a bit from motion sickness in video games (sometimes when I'm a car passenger on windy roads too). More FOV helps, I usually play at 92-94 (wider just causes too much wide angle distortion). Increasing your distance from you screen can help (I've only read this one, reasonable changes in chair-monitor distance have had no effect for me.) Using a third-person or over the shoulder camera help. Camera bob sucks, try to turn it off. Also more FPS helps sometimes.

I don't mean to start an off topic debate, but imo, bracelet = placebo. In Dramamine I trust (never tried it for video games though).
I don't know when this motion sickness stuff started for me. I noticed it a couple months back when I cooped Revelations with Severose and Motoki. I was extremely nauseous and had cold sweats after a short while of playing. It was so bad I had to lie down. I thought the problem was due to my shitty graphics card causing the game to glitch. But, the problem happened again after playing Dishonored with a better graphics card. I never knew that FOV was the cause of it. The only time else I've ever experienced motion sickness was on a devil engineered ride called The Zipper.

Speaking of FOV issues. KoA: R FOV is so tight that it feels claustrophobic. Whats sad about it is that the world is so pretty, but the view is so tight that unless I stop to scan around I'd miss a lot of it. It also hurts the combat. The tight FOV makes combat feel like it is happening in a phone booth.

Despite the many flaws it is a solid game. Logged over 100+ hours in it. Haven't finished the main campaign or touched the DLC, yet. I turned away from it once I crafted armor that was too godly. My dark elf is invincible. I'm all for being overly badass in games. But, the game feels tainted with no challenge.

As for The Fear series, I enjoyed the first game and abhorred the second game. I didn't enjoy the repetitiveness of the game- clearing out a room, walk to another room, clear it out: rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. The game felt like a tedious chore.

I can vouch for Sea-Bands for nausea relief. They press on a pressure point that helps relieve nausea. I've used them countless times growing up (I've had the throw-up flu too many times to count) and they've always helped somewhat. Note that I used them for major flu nausea, not motion sickness, which they work even better for.

I used to get SUPER motion sick playing Warcraft 3. It had to have been motion sickeness. Honestly up until reading the past couple pages of this thread I thought it was small panic attacks or something. It was probably just motion sickness =P

I played the first FEAR and enjoyed it quite a bit. Since FEAR & FEAR 2 are pretty old now do you think it would run on Intel HD 3000 because that's all my laptop possesses but it can run Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and the new Sim City.

Just asking because I'd really love to play FEAR 2 and then just play the third on my PS3 since I'm almost positive it wouldn't run on my laptop.

I played the first FEAR and enjoyed it quite a bit. Since FEAR & FEAR 2 are pretty old now do you think it would run on Intel HD 3000 because that's all my laptop possesses but it can run Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and the new Sim City.

Just asking because I'd really love to play FEAR 2 and then just play the third on my PS3 since I'm almost positive it wouldn't run on my laptop.

Should checkout systemrequirentlabs for a better guess, but I don't expect you would have much problem on medium settings or so.

The DLC prices are alright, they had the Seasons Pass up for 66% off for about 15 minutes before it got yanked.  That would have been a REALLY good deal.  

It's Tuesday!  It's silly, but I look forward to the announcement of the next batch of card eligible games... with the same enthusiasm I used to have for Steam Daily/Weekly deals.

I still haven't crafted a badge, but I've now successfully idle'd for cards on my wife's account.  It's becoming quite hard to resist now, since we have a decent little stash of cards between both of our inventories.

A friend of mine talked to the Monaco dev via email today. He told him there's a sale on Monaco coming soon.
I'm friends with almost all of the devs with games on Steam. They told me there will be Steam sales on nearly all games, coming soon!

I'm friends with almost all of the devs with games on Steam. They told me there will be Steam sales on nearly all games, coming soon!
That's crazy. Do you think someone is coordinating some sort of overall sale on Steam? Or is it pure coincidence?

I talked to the Magicka devs. They told me their game wasn't going to be on sale at some point this year.

It's Tuesday! It's silly, but I look forward to the announcement of the next batch of card eligible games... with the same enthusiasm I used to have for Steam Daily/Weekly deals.

I still haven't crafted a badge, but I've now successfully idle'd for cards on my wife's account. It's becoming quite hard to resist now, since we have a decent little stash of cards between both of our inventories.
hate to be a buzz kill, but didn't Valve say they were announcing this weeks cards on wednesday when it leaves beta, instead of the usual tuesday/thursday?

That's crazy. Do you think someone is coordinating some sort of overall sale on Steam? Or is it pure coincidence?

I talked to the Magicka devs. They told me their game wasn't going to be on sale at some point this year.
My stepmom is banging the guy that made McPixel, and while he was sodomizing her the other night I heard him screaming "AW YISS MOTHA fuckIN DISCOUNTS!" I inferred that there could be a Steam sale, with coupons.

The newest (and last?) DLC for Borderlands 2 is out right now. It's a whopping 1.3 GB for Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

I admit I'm more excited about this than a potentially uninspiring Steam Summer sale. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back