CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, too bad him holding out for more is fucking up the reunion album
I hope RZA brings back those dirty, grimy, old-school Wu beats.

Major problem when Rae's Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang LP had much better Wu-style beats from Non-RZA producers than what RZA dished-out on 8 Diagrams.

It's not that RZA's beats were bad on 8 Diagrams - they're just different and often would switch up at points and then totally over-shadowing the MC'ing. Last time I checked, Wu was about their MC'ing skills, not ridiculously over-produced beats.

EDIT:

RZA's old-school minimalist production & dark-dirty basement-sounding beats layered w/ those old-schools R&B and/or kung-fu samples often complimented what the vast assortment of MC'ing those MC's were bringing to the table, lyrically and technically.

unfortunately i don't think that liquid swords era rza is ever coming back 

he's hollywood now. ghostface and rae should just  do an album with preemo or something. everyone else fell off horribly imo.

I hope RZA brings back those dirty, grimy, old-school Wu beats.

Major problem when Rae's Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang LP had much better Wu-style beats from Non-RZA producers than what RZA dished-out on 8 Diagrams.

It's not that RZA's beats were bad on 8 Diagrams - they're just different and often would switch up at points and then totally over-shadowing the MC'ing. Last time I checked, Wu was about their MC'ing skills, not ridiculously over-produced beats.

EDIT:

RZA's old-school minimalist production & dark-dirty basement-sounding beats layered w/ those old-schools R&B and/or kung-fu samples often complimented what the vast assortment of MC'ing those MC's were bringing to the table, lyrically and technically.

Seems like RZA had instrumentals lying around and Tony Stark said: "Yo, let's rhyme on this shit." It's Ghost's fault.

RZA has iron fists! IRON FISTS!

RZA_ManWithTheIronFists.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

Woah. Iron fists "ain't nuthing ta  fuck wit."

Not sure I just went there but I did. I was feeling post deprived or something. Carry on...

Oh...! Oh wait nevermind, no Steam deals this weekend, move along people.

i never actually watched that movie, any good ?

also #neverforget

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFDET1ofI_M[/youtube]

I thought the Man with the Iron Fists wasn't very good.

I was just astonished that RZA wrote, directed, and starred in it. Not to mention that a studio actually backed him and this idea. The budget was $15 million and it made $15.6 (gross profit).

I felt like I wasted a good Netflix queue spot after watching it, but that tends to happen on occasion.

Seems like RZA had instrumentals lying around and Tony Stark said: "Yo, let's rhyme on this shit." It's Ghost's fault.
Oh, I don't know about that - LOL!

Rae and Ghost both heavily spoke against what RZA cooked-up for beats on 8 Diagrams.

And that's one of the reasons Rae did Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang with No-RZA production.

I was just astonished that RZA wrote, directed, and starred in it. Not to mention that a studio actually backed him and this idea. The budget was $15 million and it made $15.6 (gross profit).

I felt like I wasted a good Netflix queue spot after watching it, but that tends to happen on occasion.

Best RZA movie:
70053896.jpg
feast your eyes on dat sweet-azz cover

quality assured

unfortunately i don't think that liquid swords era rza is ever coming back

he's hollywood now. ghostface and rae should just do an album with preemo or something. everyone else fell off horribly imo.
It'd be nice if that old-school RZA beat-smith from 36 Chambers up to Liquid Swords would show-up for a Wu album.

Hell, even the production RZA came up w/ Gravediggaz "The Pick, The Sickle and The Shovel" - that sounded more like a Wu album beat-wise than 8 Diagrams.

Yep, RZA's gone Hollywood. After scoring movies and starring in them, we can see his music has certainly changed. And those new beats he rocked on 8 Diagrams, they'd be cool if it used for some other new RZA pet project or some other side-group or something else not Wu-related.

About Ghost and Rae w/ Primo - that'd be cool for a few tracks. I don't think I wanna see a whole Primo album. I think it'd be best to say just get a few producers and have them do a few tracks each.

EDIT:

I still ain't seen that movie.

When's the official release of Dying Light in 2014?  I completely forgot about it until coming across a related article. I think it's still TBA which makes me think Fall 2014. :whistle2:(

That movie sucked. I can't believe The RZA thinks he can do anything other than write sick raps. He was only like my fourth favorite Wu Tang member, right behind Inspectah Deck. I'm not even a fan of the "sick baselines" he programs on Novation in every Tarantino movie.

Just putting it out there that, despite common assumptions, I don't swing that way but have absolutely nothing against those that would rather have a pickle frenzy than a boob war ;)

That movie sucked. I can't believe The RZA thinks he can do anything other than write sick raps. He was only like my fourth favorite Wu Tang member, right behind Inspectah Deck. I'm not even a fan of the "sick baselines" he programs on Novation in every Tarantino movie.

What are your thoughts on the Bobby Digital vs. RZA beef?

What are your thoughts on the Bobby Digital vs. RZA beef?
You talking about that Fruity Loops synth koto sounding shit he came out with in the 90's? Man if it wasn't for that one track "B.O.B.B.Y." I would have never known how to spell "Bobby Digital." So glad he repeats it so many times, it really sinks in. Plus, his problematic enunciation of vowels can be pretty misleading, so I guess he wanted to ensure that we got it.

Yeah, that's a fucking "u" not a soft "o" RZA, learn the difference.

The gall!

Who unchained him from his sick rap writing desk?
I think it was this stoner.

Here's a nice quote about Bobby Digital:

The RZA said:
It came from a really good bag of weed one day, right? I was in my studio. My birth name is Bobby Diggs. So at the time, creatively, I felt like I was in a digital frame. I felt like I was in high-speed, where everything was digital, in numbers, mathematics. I said to myself at the same time that as Bobby Digital, I could use a character to describe some of the earlier days of my own life. Partying, bullshitting, going crazy, chasing women, taking drugs. At the same time, I would mix in my love for comic books. It was a mixture of fiction and reality together to make a character I thought would be entertaining, and I could utilize that character to get fans into me as an MC, as a lyricist, and also following the path of my life. It's like pre-RZA. It's what The RZA struggles not to be, in a way, you know what I mean?

fuuuuuuck...I go out for the night and I miss wu-tang killer bee talk...wu-tang would sew your asshole closed and then keep feeding you and feeding you and feeding you.

That sounded somewhat appropriate for both the wu-tang talk and the gay talk.  

Also, I was told MysterD stands for Myster Dragon and he and Tebow eloped right after the EA Origin Humble Bundle.  The time was right.  

fuuuuuuck...I go out for the night and I miss wu-tang killer bee talk...wu-tang would sew your asshole closed and then keep feeding you and feeding you and feeding you.

That sounded somewhat appropriate for both the wu-tang talk and the gay talk.

Also, I was told MysterD stands for Myster Dragon and he and Tebow eloped right after the EA Origin Humble Bundle. The time was right.
The whole name "MysterD" has numerous meanings.

The D can stand for anything I deem worthy of the "D"...

...But really, it's meant to normally stand for Derick (my first name). So, my screen-name should be pronounced "Mister-D" - and read as such. I always liked being called "Mister" - it's a form of respect, IMHO. I've always liked the titles of "Mister" and "Sir" - I really dig medieval era stuff and fantasy genre, so I do like the "Sir" title and all of that.

Now, I have to explain why the "MisterD" is spelled "MysterD". The reason it's spelled "Myster" is b/c when I was young, I was fascinated w/ mystery genre - books, TV shows, movies, video games, and all of that stuff. So much, I actually began writing them. Yeah, when I was a kid and up until my mid-20's, I wrote a bunch of short stories & novels - mystery and medieval-fantasy were my two favorite genres to write. So, when I came up w/ a screen name - I thought being "MysteryD" didn't have a ring to it that I liked, so I dropped the last "y".

"MysterD" just sounded better to me.

I never actually made it through the movie - and I am very much a completionist when it comes to movies/games. I've sat through some stinkers. After about 40 mins with Iron Fists though.. I was done.

And everytime I see MysterD's name I think of [customspoiler=this]
[attachment=956:mysterd.png] :booty:  [customspoiler=Sorry, it had to be done.] :grouphug: [/customspoiler][/customspoiler].

{barks a few times to signify "Yes" to each question.}

;)
ur aj slave hehh

i think tebow is worthty of the "D"
what nah mysterd im sorry but ur going to hell sorry bout ur dman luck jk idk im so lost

no thts only aj lee and sash grey cuz they spank mysterd all ngiht heheheh
no aj use to and sasha grey never meet mysterd aj lee spank and slap me sasha grey slap and spank pasports yo

Major problem with Wu Tang lately, way worse than beats, is how lazy they've all gotten. Raekwon is the only one who even sounds like he's trying anymore. Ghostface was their MVP for about a decade, but he's been phoning it in since Fishscale (and how many crappy albums is that now, like 5?). That Method Man, Ghostface, Raekwon album had the potential to be awesome, especially since it was a direct response to how little they liked 8 Diagrams, but then it wound up being 20 minutes long and unfinished. They haven't been trying for a really long time.

Major problem with Wu Tang lately, way worse than beats, is how lazy they've all gotten. Raekwon is the only one who even sounds like he's trying anymore. Ghostface was their MVP for about a decade, but he's been phoning it in since Fishscale (and how many crappy albums is that now, like 5?). That Method Man, Ghostface, Raekwon album had the potential to be awesome, especially since it was a direct response to how little they liked 8 Diagrams, but then it wound up being 20 minutes long and unfinished. They haven't been trying for a really long time.
Agreed. It's like punching and autistic kid in the junk and listening to him recite his favorite dinosaur names over and over again while he tries to calm down.

Been playing Binding of Isaac.

My experience would be so much more enjoyable if:

a) I could save my progress

b) I didn't suck.

c) It wasn't so addictive. 

I just want to get to( and hopefully beat) the 4th/5th level boss. 

b) I didn't suck.

Just keep playing. And playing. Soon you will come to realize it's one of the most addictive and fun games ever conceived, along with FTL of course.

b) I didn't suck.

The more you play, the easier it gets. Plus it gets easier once you unlock Cain.

Just keep playing. And playing. Soon you will come to realize it's one of the most addictive and fun games ever conceived, along with FTL of course.
I can't quit it. Though, I really want to stop.

If I beat the boss at level 4/5(The big skull) do I have to start the game at the very beginning again or have a reached a check point?

The more you play, the easier it gets. Plus it gets easier once you unlock Cain.
It doesn't though. The closer I get to the last level( the one with the big skull) my nerves kick in, I panic and then instant death. Plus, the further I progress enemies start shooting more. I'll keep going, because I can't stop. But, I've rage quit a few times.

If I beat the boss at level 4/5(The big skull) do I have to start the game at the very beginning again or have a reached a check point?

It doesn't though. The closer I get to the last level( the one with the big skull) my nerves kick in, I panic and then instant death. Plus, the further I progress enemies start shooting more. I'll keep going, because I can't stop. But, I've rage quit a few times.
Once you die you always restart, so no save points ever. And for that game, just the way I like it. You will get better at it though. I can almost complete everytime with Cain or Issac. I would recommend using a gamepad to play, it's much easier for me when I use my 360/PS3 controller (You have to use a 3rd party program for the buttons to work on your PC Gamepad)

I've actually never beat it yet. It's not really a game I pay to beat though, it's something I'll play on a day off for an hour or so before I get into whatever else Im playing at the moment.

Once you die you always restart, so no save points ever. And for that game, just the way I like it. You will get better at it though. I can almost complete everytime with Cain or Issac. I would recommend using a gamepad to play, it's much easier for me when I use my 360/PS3 controller (You have to use a 3rd party program for the buttons to work on your PC Gamepad)
That's brutal! Is the boss on level 4/5 the end game or is there more?

Thanks for the gamepad advice. I'll look into it. I usually use a gamepad, but haven't set that up yet.

I've actually never beat it yet. It's not really a game I pay to beat though, it's something I'll play on a day off for an hour or so before I get into whatever else Im playing at the moment.
I heard it was like zelda, so I figured I'd like it. I like the game, but it's brutally hard. I would've appreciated it a lot more in my younger years. As for now, it raises my already bad blood pressure.

I snagged a Planescape. Thanks, Detruire and anyone else who may have been watching.

Add the high-res/widescreen mod and all the other fixes if you're not scared.

FTL >>>>>>>>>

Use your free time more wisely.

Hey just so everyone knows Rogue Legacy is in the Humble store for 7.49 today.

Edit:  Did a search, got down to $5 at one time so this isn't the lowest price yet.

That's brutal! Is the boss on level 4/5 the end game or is there more?

Thanks for the gamepad advice. I'll look into it. I usually use a gamepad, but haven't set that up yet.
Can 2nd the gamepad suggestion. Also can 2nd the FTL recommendation.

Hey just so everyone knows Rogue Legacy is in the Humble store for 7.49 today.

Edit: Did a search, got down to $5 at one time so this isn't the lowest price yet.
Also was 5 bucks in the GOG sale. If you can hold out, I'm sure it'll be 5 in the upcoming holiday sales. Maybe (hopefully) bundle material soon enough. If not, I'm waiting for 75%, as much as I do want the game. 3.75 or lower of GTFO.

What's the best solution to getting a joypad working for Binding of Isaac? Joy2key? Never had much look getting things working.

Oh, and to all of you in the US who're being battered by some big storm... I'll be thinking of you. I won't actually do anything, but I'll definitely think about you.

A bit.

What's the best solution to getting a joypad working for Binding of Isaac? Joy2key? Never had much look getting things working.

Oh, and to all of you in the US who're being battered by some big storm... I'll be thinking of you. I won't actually do anything, but I'll definitely think about you.

A bit.
I use Xpadder, it's a pretty awesome program, saves multiple configs, detects many different types of gamepads. In order to use on current OS I think you need to purchase it though or embrace your Assassin's Creed IV like nature and find it on the open seas.

Personally, I tried to set up joy2key for Isaac but found it unsatisfactory. After I got a bit better, I couldn't imagine not playing it with a keyboard. Probably the only game I've felt that way about. Also I agree that if you keep playing it gets a lot easier. But you need to find lots of secret rooms, and a little luck helps. I also always play with a browser window open with an item wiki...

Also, I found both Binding of Isaac and FTL superior to Rogue Legacy. RL is just too repetitive and grindy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back