CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Silent Hunter 5 Gold was $1 on Uplay, I would bet she has that!
Ooh, good thought! I bought that for dollar! ;)

I was thinking... I think the last game in that genre I played might have been The Hunt for the Red October (1987, Apple ][) (yes I read the book and later saw the movie... iirc the game even came with a paperback edition of the book. ...which reminds, I really should hunt down a copy of Red Storm Rising... I always wanted to play that (nope, not on GOG, damn)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AYQRJA

Looks like a price mistake on the company of heros 2 digital collectors edtion

get it while its hot
Nice find. I think you meant to post this in the Amazon thread though.

Wow, I think that's the biggest Metacritic split I've seen 80 vs 1.8 Even Diablo III is only 88 vs 3.8

...I probably should play my CoH 1 complete....
Same. I would buy this, but I never even played the original Company of Heroes games. I want to, but they don't have cards.

Waiting on Ship Simulator Extreme review.
Just waiting on my review unit of ShipDriver to arrive. ;)

SD001-500.jpg

So Rocksmith 2014 on PC.

I do not recommend Rocksmith 2014 on PC (Mac is probably fine). That fuck ing piece of shit cable does not like to work with Windows 7. I mean it will work, 40 mins in just stop working and Windows is like can't recognize device. Uninstall, reboot, pray to gods, repeat process. Apparently you need to find some stupid config setting and have the USB power just right for this thing to work. Rocksmith is YMMV highly on Windows.

Only reason I got it on Windows was because I thought it would be easy to record me playing. Although I made a bad decision because it doesn't work right. So I have to spend more goddamn time trying to figure out what's wrong.

That's an amazing price-match error on COH 2: DCE. I'm almost tempted to get it, but I know I won't play it before it eventually drops. I loved COH, but it's not even my favorite RTS series and I don't get around to playing RTS games that often. 

Isn't that at least the second time this weekend that they've price-matched the wrong item?

More CoH 2 stuff...

User reviews are furious over what appears to be extensive DLC...

Its certainly possible... I'm sure Sega feels the need to recoup the cost of buying the IP and whatnot... And I think its enough to keep me from buying.
Did some more search on review scores and whatnot... Still likely a bit too much DLC but a good chunk of negative review scores seem to be coming from angry Russians and how their army is depicted in a handful of scenes in the single player campaign.

Also that price has got to be a glitch... Its WAY below the historic all time low. (Though according to isthereadeal its going on that price for two days now.)

Honestly, I don't anyone can fault you for going either way on it..

More CoH 2 stuff...

Did some more search on review scores and whatnot... Still likely a bit too much DLC but a good chunk of negative review scores seem to be coming from angry Russians and how their army is depicted in a handful of scenes in the single player campaign.

Also that price has got to be a glitch... Its WAY below the historic all time low. (Though according to isthereadeal its going on that price for two days now.)

Honestly, I don't anyone can fault you for going either way on it..
Yeah, that "review" score has little to do with the game. Once people get on the Angry Brigade, it's virtually impossible to tell legitimate criticisms apart from the mad activists.

Game could be hot garbage, but it's the right price for me. I like being part of the problem.

It's probably safe for now... the Seahawks are winning.
Wow, a blown knee and a blown call... Game.

Edit: Maybe not... Not sure what that play calling was...

Yeah, that "review" score has little to do with the game. Once people get on the Angry Brigade, it's virtually impossible to tell legitimate criticisms apart from the mad activists.

Game could be hot garbage, but it's the right price for me. I like being part of the problem.
I found this review to be pretty good in its insightfulness...

http://steamcommunity.com//id/37453409/recommended/231430/

I found this review to be pretty good in its insightfulness...

http://steamcommunity.com//id/37453409/recommended/231430/
Thanks for posting, that makes me less apprehensive over my impulse purchase. Great review, and it has almost as many Unhelpfuls as it does Upthumbs. This is why i'm leery of Gaben's prophesied USER CURATED MEGASTEAM. It's already hard enough to filter around all the zombies.

You say that as if you don't like the taste of delicious, steamy garbage
Garbage is like pizza, better when it's cold.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AYQRJA

Looks like a price mistake on the company of heros 2 digital collectors edtion

get it while its hot
I'm surprised Amazon hasn't fixed that yet. They matched Steam's sale price of the regular edition to the collector's edition.

Among some other stuff, the collector's edition gives you COH complete (non-giftable, sadly) and the Case Blue Mission Pack DLC.

As Inmate pointed out, a LOT of hate seems to be coming from the portrayal of the Russian army. This video with almost a million views, seems to go over most of it. Not something that bothers me though, and I liked the first one enough (and Relic's Warhammer games) to give it a shot at this price.

I'm surprised Amazon hasn't fixed that yet. They matched Steam's sale price of the regular edition to the collector's edition.

Among some other stuff, the collector's edition gives you COH complete (non-giftable, sadly) and the Case Blue Mission Pack DLC.

As Inmate pointed out, a LOT of hate seems to be coming from the portrayal of the Russian army. This video with almost a million views, seems to go over most of it. Not something that bothers me though, and I liked the first one enough (and Relic's Warhammer games) to give it a shot at this price.
from what i understand it was fixed..and it happened again

I have zero experience with it but a guy I know on another forum is a huge fan of the original COH game. He said COH2 was a big let down and far inferior to COH in pretty much every way. Not about Russian armies or whatever but that game play and AI were worse than in COH. I can't really elaborate since, again, I don't have any personal experience with them.

Well, I know I will be rooting for the Sea Chickens over the Denver Mannings... 

And since its not as off topic as it would have been an hour so ago...  I'm going to go ahead and post this.  (Besides, everyone loves Tecmo Super Bowl.)

http://joeposnanski.com/joeblogs/tecmo-super-bowl/

Note:  Joe Posnanski isn't a gamer, at least not anymore.  He's a sports columnist/Sports book author whose actually really good at his job and always fun to read. :)  (I grew up with him working here in town for the Kansas City Star...  That was back when newspapers still mattered.  Jason Whitlock was the other.  He now works for ESPN I think.) 

I was about to pull the trigger on the CoH2 DC price glitch until I realized I already had CoH Complete and I never touched it.  Now the CAG in me is staying away since I know I wouldn't get the most out of the deal since the CoH Complete extra isn't giftable...

I was about to pull the trigger on the CoH2 DC price glitch until I realized I already had CoH Complete and I never touched it. Now the CAG in me is staying away since I know I wouldn't get the most out of the deal since the CoH Complete extra isn't giftable...
I already have COH: Complete - so this would be a waste, on that end.

I ain't even touched COH1, so I don't think I probably should jump on COH2 here.

I usually just don't play many strategy games.

So, is any of the COH2 DLC that comes w/ this DC worthwhile in here?

I already have COH: Complete - so this would be a waste, on that end.

I ain't even touched COH1, so I don't think I probably should jump on COH2 here.

I usually just don't play many strategy games.

So, is any of the COH2 DLC that comes w/ this DC worthwhile in here?
thanks for letting us know this deal isnt for you

Ooh, good thought! I bought that for dollar! ;)

I was thinking... I think the last game in that genre I played might have been The Hunt for the Red October (1987, Apple ][) (yes I read the book and later saw the movie... iirc the game even came with a paperback edition of the book. ...which reminds, I really should hunt down a copy of Red Storm Rising... I always wanted to play that (nope, not on GOG, damn)
The character Jack Ryan from The Hunt for Red October appeared in a few films thereafter, in fact there is a new movie about him that was released just a few days ago. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, that film was made in honor of Tom Clancy, who died last year.

first-poster-unveiled-for-jack-ryan-shadow-recruit-145628-a-1380749887-470-75.jpg

Beats my Densha de GO! train controller. ;)

densha-de-go-controller.jpeg
I would love to have one of these...

denshdego4.jpg

The character Jack Ryan from The Hunt for Red October appeared in a few films thereafter, in fact there is a new movie about him that was released just a few days ago. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, that film was made in honor of Tom Clancy, who died last year.
He was a key protagonist of most Tom Clancy novels of that era... (I read most (all?) of them.) (I used to chew through 2-3 novels a week back then.)

The movies are miserable abbreviated affairs. Compared to the novel, Patriot Games probably fared the best (since the mid-section of that novel was pretty drawn out)... but most of the others were terrible abbreviations, Clear and Present Danger being especially notable. Although quite abbreviated, the film adaptation of The Hunt for the Red October did an admirable job.

He was a key protagonist of most Tom Clancy novels of that era... (I read most (all?) of them.) (I used to chew through 2-3 novels a week back then.)

The movies are miserable abbreviated affairs. Compared to the novel, Patriot Games probably fared the best (since the mid-section of that novel was pretty drawn out)... but most of the others were terrible abbreviations, Clear and Present Danger being especially notable. Although quite abbreviated, the film adaptation of The Hunt for the Red October did an admirable job.
I always thought that Hunt for Red October was the best movie.... Maybe its cause I thought they did the best with casting. The other movies... Ugh. Harrison Ford just wasn't the best actor for Jack Ryan. William Defoe as Mr Clark was absolute horrible. (Maybe worse than his Green Goblin casting.) Never saw Sum of All Fears... Nor finished any of Clancy's novels after that.

Which is sort of crazy... I read all of Clancy's novels in rapid session in high school but never could get into one after joining the Navy... Not sure what happened truth be told. I'm sure some of luster was lost, I mean after you've smacked your head on the tail fin of a F14 Tomcat a few times, its sure to lose some luster... :lol:

Anyhow, I think most of his books would suffer in a movie treatment... I actually think Without Remorse would be the easiest to keep intact but even it would likely get cut down some (Vietnam part) to get the movie clocked in at an "acceptable" run time...

Hmmm, somehow I've read Without Remorse (Twice at that) without finishing Clear and Present Danger once... Yet CaPD came out the year before. That's so unlike me.

That is always the case for most adapted screenplays, the minutiae of books tend to be more realistic while movies are made for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back