CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm redeeming bundles on Humble that I bought and never got around to redeeming and, well, I got curious of something...  What happens if I redeem DLC for a game that's not free and I don't own?  (We got some sort of Batman Arkham Origin DLC in the WB weekly and I don't own the game.)

Also has anyone tried to redeem a game via their links that you already own...?  Does it error out or do you lose your code?

I always thought that Hunt for Red October was the best movie.... Maybe its cause I thought they did the best with casting. The other movies... Ugh. Harrison Ford just wasn't the best actor for Jack Ryan. William Defoe as Mr Clark was absolute horrible. (Maybe worse than his Green Goblin casting.) Never saw Sum of All Fears... Nor finished any of Clancy's novels after that.

Which is sort of crazy... I read all of Clancy's novels in rapid session in high school but never could get into one after joining the Navy... Not sure what happened truth be told. I'm sure some of luster was lost, I mean after you've smacked your head on the tail fin of a F14 Tomcat a few times, its sure to lose some luster... :lol:

Anyhow, I think most of his books would suffer in a movie treatment... I actually think Without Remorse would be the easiest to keep intact but even it would likely get cut down some (Vietnam part) to get the movie clocked in at an "acceptable" run time...

Hmmm, somehow I've read Without Remorse (Twice at that) without finishing Clear and Present Danger once... Yet CaPD came out the year before. That's so unlike me.
Much better than the F-18 econoboxes you'd smack into now... (though A-6 always seem cutely ungainly).

That is always the case for most adapted screenplays, the minutiae of books tend to be more realistic while movies are made for entertainment.
Yes, but particularly bad with Clancy novels.

So I'm redeeming bundles on Humble that I bought and never got around to redeeming and, well, I got curious of something... What happens if I redeem DLC for a game that's not free and I don't own? (We got some sort of Batman Arkham Origin DLC in the WB weekly and I don't own the game.)

Also has anyone tried to redeem a game via their links that you already own...? Does it error out or do you lose your code?
I think in the case of the Arkham Origins DLC it just won't let you redeem it if you don't have the game.

Much better than the F-18 econoboxes you'd smack into now... (though A-6 always seem cutely ungainly).

Yes, but particularly bad with Clancy novels.
Oh, we had F-18 at the time. A-6 got decommissioned the cruise before I showed up. (Its replacement the Prowler, is likely on a short leash as the Growler (another F-18 design), is in service now...)

The F-18 is a hell of a plane... It can do pretty much anything the Navy needs it to do making it more efferent to run. And in this day in age the military just has to be lean and very active in cost cutting measures.

I kid you not, you can learn allot by a company/organization based upon the first thing they do in orientation...

Now, on the USS Carl Vinson it was to collect all the paperclips (and counting them to make sure they had them all) from our Welcome Aboard Package. That was in 1997. So, like 17 years ago. Now, I imagine, there are people on their second tour whom have never seen a paperclip before because the Navy likely doesn't buy them anymore.

So I'm redeeming bundles on Humble that I bought and never got around to redeeming and, well, I got curious of something... What happens if I redeem DLC for a game that's not free and I don't own? (We got some sort of Batman Arkham Origin DLC in the WB weekly and I don't own the game.)

Also has anyone tried to redeem a game via their links that you already own...? Does it error out or do you lose your code?
Thanks for reminding me about this. My friend gifted me the game and season pass, so I went to redeem that code. Turned out it was included in the season pass I guess, so if anyone wants some skins for Arkham Origins:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=FwshdueEtDe78bya

Just throwing this out there. I didn't think much of saints row IV going in. I have played the series fairly recently starting from 1 and fell in love with the ridiculously stupid fun romp rolling with the third street saints. It must of been the collapse of THQ and the saints row 3.5 talk that got to me. 

So imagine my surprise when i get deserving slap in the face with a tentacle sword. I liked the story better then 3, i was already fond of the characters. The game was just damn fun. I just won't buy the stand alone, i want everything so i will wait for the inevitable wub of the year edition.

As funny as it was, it had it's deep moments. Kudo's to Volition, without spoilers i never thought "You got what i need" would make me well up but it did. 

What's the benchmark sale price for Borderlands 2 GOTY edition?

I ask as Amazon UK (we're a bit behind the times so our digital store is still in its infancy) have it for £9.99. That's roughly $16.50, I think.

NB - it's listed as "Online Game Code" and "Mac only" but I think I'm right in saying that'll give you a Steam key.

Not a great deal but not horrendous if people missed bigger recent sales.

I ask as Amazon UK (we're a bit behind the times so our digital store is still in its infancy) have it for £9.99. That's roughly $16.50, I think.

NB - it's listed as "Online Game Code" and "Mac only" but I think I'm right in saying that'll give you a Steam key.

It's been on a couple sites for $15, and was $15 during the winter Steam sale for a period of time.. so that's about as low as it's gone.

It's been on a couple sites for $15, and was $15 during the winter Steam sale for a period of time.. so that's about as low as it's gone.
I don't think its been 15 dollars anywhere outside of that glitch on steam... Enhanced Steam/ITAD agrees with me... What other site was 15 bucks?

I think that's a really solid deal to be honest... Outside of the glitch I don't think its been cheaper, and if it has its not been cheaper by much. Anyone whose looking at playing it soon should snag it.

I don't think its been 15 dollars anywhere outside of that glitch on steam... Enhanced Steam/ITAD agrees with me... What other site was 15 bucks?

I think that's a really solid deal to be honest... Outside of the glitch I don't think its been cheaper, and if it has its not been cheaper by much. Anyone whose looking at playing it soon should snag it.
getgamesgo and some site that primarily sold mac games.. I can't remember the name of the 2nd site, but it was posted on CAG.

Actually, both of those sites had it for $15 before the Steam winter sale started.. Also, Enhanced Steam/ITAD isn't very reliable.. it's nice for a quick glance, but horrible at exact price history.

EDIT: Did some searching (in this thread) and found that BL2 GOTY has been cheaper.. It was $11 on Nuuvem.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/324068-borderlands-2-goty-for-11-at-nuuvem/

getgamesgo and some site that primarily sold mac games.. I can't remember the name of the 2nd site, but it was posted on CAG.

Actually, both of those sites had it for $15 before the Steam winter sale started.. Also, Enhanced Steam/ITAD isn't very reliable.. it's nice for a quick glance, but horrible at exact price history.
Yeah, it doesn't track Get Games... Likely because of the MAC thing. I'll have to remember to check that webpage out more than I do. (I've been there a few times... I like I can search/view steam only DRM.)

Ooh, that's a better deal than I expected. I already have it but I'm happy to recommend BL2, it was jolly good fun.

Also, you have 3 1/2 hours left to grab Pool Nation at 70% off. Which you should. Because it's really quite splendid.

:whee:

Ooh, that's a better deal than I expected. I already have it but I'm happy to recommend BL2, it was jolly good fun.

Also, you have 3 1/2 hours left to grab Pool Nation at 70% off. Which you should. Because it's really quite splendid.

:whee:
yup. i played it for a few hours with a buddy last week and it was great! I like all the variety offered with the different modes. Some of the modes don't seem that different form each other, but its fine. It's also fun to turn off the aiming guides for a few rounds for some hilarious sucking. We were missing even the easiest shots without the aim guides.

i used to play a lot of mp pool on omgpop.com . so, I'm glad this game exists. The unlockable table decals are kinda shit, but wtvr.

I actually really like Modest Mouse.

Too many buttons, I like proprietary controllers that just require you to hit them as hard as you can.

arcade-taiko-drum-game.jpg
You know, when I was a kid, I always really wanted to find a complete copy of Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 for some unknown reason. Then I got a girlfriend.

Moral of the story: boobs > gimmicky controllers

(unless they have pancake nips)

For those who have Deadly30 from indiegamestand.  Your steam keys are now available if you paid more than $1.

I was excited (for some reason) until I realized I only paid fifty cents... 

For those who have Deadly30 from indiegamestand. Your steam keys are now available if you paid more than $1.

I was excited (for some reason) until I realized I only paid fifty cents...
Not sure if it's been posted (or been there all along) but I see a Steam key for Deadly Dirty in the Groupees Build a Meridian4 Mega Bundle page as well.

If anyone still cares about the Most Wanted DLC, I've now played 4 different drift events and at least 3 different smash n grab events. I wanted to update cause I said the other day that I'd only seen 2 different drifts.

Price trackers are useful but they don't catch everything... even at a store they're tracking. Also they fail to catch things like EC or GMG/GF 20% off codes. You might well need to resorting to searching SD/reddit/CAG for the best deals in the past. Also somethings things are cheaper in a pack with another game than by it's self.... e.g. See Tony's Freya Bundle

You know, when I was a kid, I always really wanted to find a complete copy of Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 for some unknown reason. Then I got a girlfriend.

Moral of the story: boobs > gimmicky controllers

(unless they have pancake nips)
*oww*

not a bad bundle, but everybody has eu III and magickaalready
And HoI III, as EU Rome.... possibly SotS as well.

So I started on Far Cry 3 last night... damn that game is pretty and addictive.  It's the first Far Cry game I've played (FC1 has been in ye olde backlog for ages).  I'm really digging the hunting and stealth aspects.  I've only just unlocked the second radio tower and completed the cave mushroom quest, but I've spent a lot of time hunting critters.

It's a very pretty game... and for the first time Nvidia's "GeForce Experience" tool spewed forth a good set of graphics settings for my GTX 660... (usually the tool skews much lowers).  And with those settings it's very pretty and has the best grass I've seen in a game.

The game is additicting... I was up way late last night because of it.

So I started on Far Cry 3 last night... damn that game is pretty and addictive. It's the first Far Cry game I've played (FC1 has been in ye olde backlog for ages). I'm really digging the hunting and stealth aspects. I've only just unlocked the second radio tower and completed the cave mushroom quest, but I've spent a lot of time hunting critters.

It's a very pretty game... and for the first time Nvidia's "GeForce Experience" tool spewed forth a good set of graphics settings for my GTX 660... (usually the tool skews much lowers). And with those settings it's very pretty and has the best grass I've seen in a game.

may have to play this soon

I know there was a bit of talk about Early Access games...  Saw two videos on youtube while waiting for the new weekly sales to pop.

jimquisition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9YbJEpy_Y

TotalBiscuit (says its in reply to Jim's work... but I'm not seeing it.  its just his opinion.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGbbIB5eaM

Myself...  I've lucked out.  All of the early access stuff I have (which is likely around 5 or so games) has been really solid... but I've watched/read about all of them before buying them... and/or kickstarted it.

So I started on Far Cry 3 last night... damn that game is pretty and addictive. It's the first Far Cry game I've played (FC1 has been in ye olde backlog for ages). I'm really digging the hunting and stealth aspects. I've only just unlocked the second radio tower and completed the cave mushroom quest, but I've spent a lot of time hunting critters.

It's a very pretty game... and for the first time Nvidia's "GeForce Experience" tool spewed forth a good set of graphics settings for my GTX 660... (usually the tool skews much lowers). And with those settings it's very pretty and has the best grass I've seen in a game.

I was really hoping to pick this up cheap on the Amazon EC list, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. Probably for the best.. I still haven't even started FC2.

Given I'm the complaints I've seen about FC2 I'm surprised one would feel obliged to play it first... FC3 will probably make me want to check out FC1.

Also it's not like there's a continuous story between the Far Crys.

Far Cry 3 is a fun game.  The plot isn't great shakes (although it has a few standout characters) but it serves to move stuff along and the game itself is good fun. Best patch was when they allowed you to reset all the enemy camps so you could continue to just dick around in the game after completing it.

I've spent a bunch of time just doing things like blocking off a bridge with an explosive-laden car and then sitting in the bushes chortling like Muttley until an enemy jeep drives up to it.  Or the classic "open the animal cage" or just rifle/bow sniping people and watching the camps freak out.  Good times. 

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Far Cry 2 suffers from some very annoying issues (near-insta-respawning checkpoints, very few fast travel spots means lots of driving through said checkpoints, super annoying malaria "plot") but has some great environments and arguably better gun physics.  It's one of those games that I enjoyed and found out later I was supposed to hate.

I do think FC3 is an all around superior product.

Excellent game aside from a stupid story and mostly dumb characters. There was a severe camera stutter issue but they finally fixed it after a few months. Performance is good in DX9. Don't let this game inspire you to play the old ones, I tried 2 and it was garbage. And I don't think I need to say it, but...

E7DvYmB.jpg

Far Cry 2 suffers from some very annoying issues (near-insta-respawning checkpoints, very few fast travel spots means lots of driving through said checkpoints, super annoying malaria "plot") but has some great environments and arguably better gun physics. It's one of those games that I enjoyed and found out later I was supposed to hate.
I gave up on the game when it saved me mid-gun fight and any time I loaded the save I would die instantly. Unpleasant experience for other reasons, but that one was the deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back