This Wrestling Thread has been brought to you via Satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='HydroX']Damn, shipping kills these deals for me. Granted I wanted 3 Nexus shirts for $12.50, but with shipping+tax it takes it to $21.[/QUOTE]

$7 a shirt kills a deal?

I found the Roddy Piper 3-DVD set, the Mr. Perfect 2-DVD set, and The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA 2-DVD set in a Wal*Mart $5 bin this afternoon. You guys might want to keep an eye out at your stores for them.

I heard a guy in a second-hand store say the following...
I'm gonna name my kid "Cactus Jack".
My faith in humanity has been restored.:D:D:D

[quote name='lombarvm']Picked up this shirt a while ago for $5. I have actually worn it in public because people have no idea that it is a WWE shirt.[/QUOTE]

That one is pretty neat.

5 bucks for the Ricky Steamboat DVD + t-shirt is a fucking great deal. The shipping is 5 bucks which takes the "holy shit" factor out of it, but it's still not too bad at all. Best I've seen on Amazon for a used copy of just the DVD was like $12.50 (before shipping). I'm in.

Wish they'd do a similar deal on the Piper DVD/shirt since it comes with one of the Hotrod shirts (albeit in black).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaning out storage today.. found the absolute motherload of WWF/WCW VHS tapes that I completely forgot about.. the Wrestlemania VHS set (1-13), old main PPV's (Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, etc), In Your House (Final Four).. TONS more.. and a VHS-to-DVD recorder I didn't know that I had. I feel like the last one isn't a coincidence..

I'll end up eBaying most of these, but I think I'm going to keep the Wrestlemania VHS set..

That WM set is nice to have, despite the fucking horrid video quality of the tapes themselves. I believe that and the follow-up set (which included 14) are the only full sets that include the original broadcasts (ie no overdubs or edits).

Love the completely horrible Buddy Rose as "The Executioner" interview before the opening match of WM1 that's on there (and edited out of all the other versions). "I'M GOING AFTER YOUR LEG" is the pro wrestling internet meme that never was.

That's what I figured. It was before any legal issues they had. I'm pretty sure these have only been watched once, too.

I inherited a lot of these when my friend got out of wrestling, so there is a lot of PPV's, especially from the Attitude era, that were recorded direct from PPV, so there's no edits to logos or anything like that. Wrestlemania XIV and XV are in here, so it'll be nice to see those again (in their entirety) without blurs or edits. Almost every PPV from '99 and '00 are in here, actually.

Holy crap, a promo VHS tape that has an ECW highlight reel given out by Akklaim as a preorder incentive for ECW Hardcore Revolution! :rofl:

WWE added more DVD shirt combos for $5.00 each - Best of Raw Seasons 1 & 2, Satan's Prison and a bunch of the 2010 PPVs.

For VHS to DVD players, do I need to leave it on the source w/ the audio on? I've got my VHS/DVD recorder on AV3, would I need to leave it on there while it's recording or can I switch inputs and play games or watch movies or whatever else I want to do?

Heading out to watch some indy wrestling. No big names, just local guys.... wish me luck. :)

edit: sooooo. Scorch. Let me know when your side business gets up and running. ;)

Are you folks still doing The Chaperone party tomorrow night on XBox Live/Netflix? If I'm around I'd be more then willing to join in with you folks. That film has to be better then the TNA PPV by default anyways. :lol:

[quote name='mitch079']WWE added more DVD shirt combos for $5.00 each - Best of Raw Seasons 1 & 2, Satan's Prison and a bunch of the 2010 PPVs.[/QUOTE]

I just got the Satan's Prison and Raw Seasons 1 & 2 ones for a total of 17.05 after shipping. I'll take it even if I never do anything with the shirts.

Finished Jericho's 2nd book earlier today. Absolutely fantastic. Loved the Fozzy stories, loved the WWE stories, and I can't wait to see if he decides to write a third book (although what he would put in it is beyond me).

I've got Bret's book and Foley's "Foley is good" to read through now, though I'm not sure which I'll start first. Maybe Mick's, since it's shorter.

Warning:

Mistico/Sin Cara is not good.

I've looked over a few of his matches and I am just not that impressed. He attacking and selling is the lucha equivalent of John Cena - which looks like it has no impact behind it at all.

Just my two cents.

Indy Wrestling last night was actually pretty cool. Ran into a bunch of the guys I worked with in APW who wondered where I've been and saw some new talent. The kids in the crowd were into it and really made my night. The heels would interact with these kids (Allen Lynch was AWESOME at at it) and just work them into a frenzy. These same kids would swarm the faces and just made some of their wins look like a big deal. (no barricades!) The main event between Joey Morton and War Machine got held up for about 5-7 min over the crowd chanting things at Joey and with Machine.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Warning:

I've looked over a few of his matches and I am just not that impressed. He attacking and selling is the lucha equivalent of John Cena - which looks like it has no impact behind it at all.

Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]
I've never seen him wrestle, but I'm sure he'll be over because of his mask. Or because he's masked, rather.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Warning:

I've looked over a few of his matches and I am just not that impressed. He attacking and selling is the lucha equivalent of John Cena - which looks like it has no impact behind it at all.[/QUOTE]

It's not the "lucha equivalent" - that's how almost all lucha libre is, and one of the main reasons Vince is said to hate it. He doesn't think it looks like it hurts.

He won't be wrestling the exact same style as he did in Mexico, and he'll get over because of his appearance anyway. Plus they seem to actually be treating his signing like a big deal.

[quote name='BlueSwim']If you're a Fire Pro Wrestling fan, DO NOT WATCH this video preview.

I knew it would be bad, but...[/QUOTE]
They'd better release a proper Fire Pro game.

Knew it wasn't promising at all, but fuck!! The Fire Pro series now has The Game the Fans Would Like to Forget.

I really want to try hard to like it, but I can't get behind the things they put in (avatars, cartoony/comedic presentation) and feel nothing but disappointment about the removal of the deep customization (which makes Fire Pro, in my opinion).

I really hope they give us a new legit FPW because I wouldn't want this to be the absolute final send-off.

I sure miss Fire Pro 6 man scramble on Saturn.. I remember having sheets and sheets of english translation I had printed out, just to play that game.

That abortion is one of the worst videogame-related things I've ever seen. fucking shit. I'll always love my firepro but shit like that is not what got me to mod my Saturn in 1997.

I'm not even gonnna watch that right now. How depressing.

Speaking of watching depressing things, I'll start an XBL party a few minutes before 8. Just jump in when you see me on. Bring your Ray Bradstone shirt.

Are we starting at 8 PM EST on the dot? I got a feeling the Celtics game won't be done til past that.... however to be honest the Celtics have been holding a 20+ point lead for most of the game. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']We're on right now.. anyone wanting to join up should hop on xbl![/QUOTE]

I tried to add TheKaneRobot but XBL says gamertag does not exist.

Edit: So on the TNA PPV I just watched Tommy Dreamer use a Sponge Bob Square Pants stuffed bear as a weapon. I am not making that up.

Edit 2: And now an naked blow up doll is in the match. Again.... I am not making this up.

Dreamer won after D-Von and his kids ran in to help. D-Von set up the table to do the worn out Dudleys/3D table finisher.... forgot the name so someone remind me.

[quote name='Scorch']We're on right now.. anyone wanting to join up should hop on xbl![/QUOTE]

I just spend the past hour trying to "join party" thru Stonecoldfreak1 but however XBL won't let me join. This is after I've fixed the issue between my 360 and my Linksys router. Sorry guys.

Dreamer won after D-Von and his kids ran in to help. D-Von set up the table to do the worn out Dudleys/3D table finisher.... forgot the name so someone remind me.

Divas Tag Titles right now.

I just spend the past hour trying to "join party" thru Stonecoldfreak1 but however XBL won't let me join. This is after I've fixed the issue between my 360 and my Linksys router. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back