This Wrestling Thread has been brought to you via Satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Hernandez able to perform on a ROH PPV show if he's with TNA? I thought they don't let their talent do that anymore.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The Chaperone is on Netflix streaming? Oh man. If any of you guys with Live have your Netflix enabled, we really need a party-watch session with that (if it lets you party watch).[/QUOTE]

Wanted to watch the shitty Chaperone, so I tried to sign up for the free Netflix trial, but it won't take my Paypal debit card. it took it last year, now it won't take it! Sons of bitches! Ah well, not like I'm missing a cinematic masterpiece.

I'll be at the Friday night ROH show, my first one. Hopefully these shows will do well enough that ROH will come back to Atlanta occasionally. I was also considering going to the ROH show Saturday afternoon and DGUSA Saturday night but that would just be guaranteed burnout. DGUSA is also doing a second show at noon on Sunday.

unitedwestand-poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTQOsnNlFt0&feature=player_embedded

The LAX vs. Kings of Wrestling match-up is a DVD only match and not on iPPV. So either you'll have to be at the show or order the DVD to watch. The stance for TNA talent is that they're allowed to be used but ROH has preferred to use their own talent instead.

I have to say their though that their Manhattan Mayhem IV card looks STACKED and Jim Cornette and the gang have done an amazing job building their roster up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izRcco2iQw&feature=player_embedded

I also want to add that Eddie Edwards is the SHIT!

ROH World Title Match
Roderick Strong defends vs. Eddie Edwards

Non Title- Dream Tag Team Match
The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn and Sara Del Rey vs. Homicide and Hernandez

Richards Vs. Daniels II- Pure Rules Match
Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels

Tag Team Challenge Match
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus)

Special Challenge Match
TJ Perkins vs. El Generico

Also scheduled to appear:
- Steve Corino
- Adam Cole
- Kyle OReilly
- Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
- The Embassy with Prince Nana

Hell yes. The Chaperone does allow party watch on Live (and it's in HD). Let's set something for this weekend if possible - Sunday? If we get more than 4 we can just do a non-integrated party watch (ie start a party and just press play at the same time).

Lemme know if you're in and if Sunday works.

[quote name='Chase']Those shows should be incredible. Have fun at the ROH one, Neocisco. :) One day I'll make my way to an ROH show.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will. Thanks.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has announced their next event, the aptly titled "Winning!".

PWG Championship Match
(C) Claudio Castagnoli vs. Joey Ryan

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
(C) El Generico & Ricochet (subbing for Paul London) vs. The Young Bucks

Low-Ki vs. Roderick Strong
Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. The RockNES Monsters (Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime)
Ryan Taylor vs. "Pretty" Peter Avalon
Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Willie Mack
Candice LaRae vs. Portia Perez

I have to say that ROH's pure rules system is too infrequently used to make a difference in their promotion, but the actual idea underlying it, if used properly, would really make a big impact in WWE or TNA.

Don't believe me? How many people were rolling their eyes and groaning about UT/HHH being announced as a no-dq affair (because it means a lot of cheap shit and gimmicks to cover up for two dudes who can't really wrestle anymore)?

They should emphasize a division of people who just want to compete. Use like Chavo Guerrero and Yoshi Tatsu types, because it's not like you're gonna jam them in a feud anytime soon anyway. They're neither heels nor faces, just wrestlers in a holding pattern.

Good idea but it would mean publicly acknowledging something is wrong with the current product which effectively kills it. This is the same company that's regurgitating Tough Enough--and with NXT rejects no less.

No more than the X-division, or the WWE "juniors" (or whatever not-quite-midget division WWE had with Super Porky in it like 6 years ago), or any other area.

I know Kevin Dunn wants every match to be paint by numbers, but reality is they already aren't. And TNA hasn't come up with a credible idea yet, either. I still don't know how the fuck a King of the mountain match is supposed to work.

So, OK. With the ROH iPPVs, once purchased can they be viewed at any time? Because while I like the idea of supporting ROH, IDK if my schedule's going to support viewing live.

I started following @MichaelManna on Twitter. I knew Stevie had a tech show and was an uber computer nerd, but I had no idea how much he posted cool stuff. He likes the hacked(ben heck style, not pirate) consoles and all sorts of cool stuff.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Hell yes. The Chaperone does allow party watch on Live (and it's in HD). Let's set something for this weekend if possible - Sunday? If we get more than 4 we can just do a non-integrated party watch (ie start a party and just press play at the same time).

Lemme know if you're in and if Sunday works.[/QUOTE]

What time Sunday? I'm most likely in.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']So, OK. With the ROH iPPVs, once purchased can they be viewed at any time? Because while I like the idea of supporting ROH, IDK if my schedule's going to support viewing live.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The iPPV's they've done on Saturdays are available on demand starting at noon the next day. I didn't buy one of the previous ones until 5 days after it aired and I didn't have any problem.

Probably later in the day Sunday for the Chaperone viewing. 8 pm-ish (EST).

Apparently Husky Harris is back in FCW and his outfit consists of a mask, jeans, and a Misfits shirt. His name is Axel Mulligan. Words can't convey how indy-tastic this sounds.

Netflix note - not only do we have The Chaperone on there, but legendary wrestling movie stinkbomb "Body Slam" (Piper, Tonga Kid/Tama, Albano, and the Barbarian are all prominent) is on there as well. If The Chaperone goes well we need to add that to the list of to-watch films. If you've never seen it, oh boy. Dirk Benedictmania is runnin' wild. Legendary midget actor Billy Barty even calls him a f*****...repeatedly. Blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos from Flair and Bruno as well.

We'll shoot for 8PM (EST) on Sunday then for The Chaperone. I think a few of you are on my list already, if not send me a FR on Live.

Ric "God" Flair was THE MAN tonight, while Velvet and her ass-smackery ruled the women's division. Rest of the show largely sucked. Ultimate X built up with three days of hype, first blood match for the PPV with no reason given, while AJ and Matt Hardy have a straight one-on-one match after tonight's three-way street right. Dreamer and Bully have a straight match after a pretty decent parking lot deal with Bully and Devon that would've been better if Bully was a face since it was 2-on-1. Anderson turned heel. I think. It's hard to tell because his character is the most unlikeable guy in the world. Storm was amusing on commentary - it's a shame they only used the "we and Moore used to travel together" deal tonight instead of as a major point for the feud, but whatever. This is just a filler show, and guys will be doing shit off the Ultimate X for 5,000 buys. Good going, TNA. Karen being disappointed that the honeymoon was in ORLANDO of all places was just fantastic, largely because they effectively buried their regular TV setting on their own TV show. Jeff thinking everything went great minus some small speed bumps was tremendous.

Screens -

Please God, PUSH ME!

Quotes -
Sting - I FEEL LIKE I’VE A CCOMPLISHED A TON IN MY CAREER AND IN MY LIFE. SOME THINGS GREAT AND SOME NOT SO GREAT, BUT THIS I KNOW - I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT ON MY OWN. From the first time I stepped into the ring as a young wrestler from Venice Beach, it seems like you people have supported me every step of the way. AND FOR THAT I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH - THANK YOU! I’m also thankful for my opponent - Jeff Hardy. I don’t agree with your actions or psychology - ever since you drank the Hogan and Bischoff Kool-Aid, but you are one of the greatest wrestlers I’ve ever faced in the ring. You have God-gifted ability, and when you have your head on right, I hope you give back to the fans all they’ve given you for all these years.
Tenay - IMMORTAL IS WITHOUT THE POWER THAT GOES WITH THE WORLD TITLE.
Hogan - Good to see ya, champ. The last 4 months, we’ve gone our separate ways, but I knew somehow, someway, we’d end up right in this very ring where it all started. I gotta give you credit - you saw this coming 100,000 miles away and tried to warn them about the REAL Hulk Hogan, but they didn’t listen to you, and when they didn’t, the momentum fell in my direction. What did you do? YOU TOOK YOUR BALL AND WENT HOME so now that you came back, you’re a day late and a dollar short, Stinger, and these fans don’t need another here - they got one - HULK HOGAN!
Sting - I went home, and I did quit - but not on these people. I quit on the thought of having to deal with you, Bischoff, and Flair - and having to deal with another 3-headed monster that would make my life a living hell, but the longer I stayed at home, the more a fire started to burn inside of me - A RAGING FIRE, the same kind of fire I had when I first wrestled Ric Flair, when I first dropped you on your head, Bischoff. The same kinda fire when I firs stepped in the ring with you… THE SAME FIRE THAT’S BURNING IN ME NOW THAT SAYS STING, YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE! THE FIRE’S NOT GOING OUT! I GOT ANOTHER JOB TO DO AND TAKE BACK WHAT WAS NEVER YOURS AND IT STARTS RIGHT HERE! (Anderson comes out)
Anderson - I REALLY HATE TO COME OUT HERE…and cut your asses off. Obviously, at this point I have not spoken CLEARLY ENOUGH OR LOUDLY ENOUGH - I WANT MY - MY, - MY REMATCH! KEY WORD - MY. M-Y! MY MY MY MY MY! Since your bitch Jeff Hardy just happened to lose it to this guy, THIS GUY, becomes THAT GUY for me. And I don’t care what Hogan wants, brother, or what Bischoff wants, sister, or what Immortal wants, or the network. I CARE ABOUT ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME! Sting, I know who you are, the people here in NC know who you are. But uh…I don’t think we’ve been formally introduced. Shucks… My name is MISSSSSTTTTTTTYTEERRRRR ANDDDDERRRSSOOOOON! ANDERSON! AND I AM AN ASSHOLE! (Jeff Hardy comes out)
Taz - AND THE PLOT THICKENS!
Hardy - FAYETVILLE CAN KISS MY CHARISMATIC ASS. I AM THE MORNING STAR, THE ANTI-CHRIST OF WRESTLING, AND I WAS ROBBED LAST WEEK! I HAD NO CHANCE TO PREPARE FOR MY OPPONENT,A ND YOU, YOU ASSHOLE, WHEN YOU SPEAK OF THE WORLD TITLE, THE LINE STARTS BEHIND ME! (RVD comes out)
RVD - I can’t. Believe. My ears. Wouldn’t you all. Just love to forget. That this all got started. Because the guy I trusted. NEARLY HAD ME KILLED. Let me add to that. I’d have regained it. If the shot I had a few weeks ago hadn’t come with his own agenda and selective vision. And Sting? I DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN, BUT WHAT KIDNA BALLS DOES IT TAKE TO TTELL US YOU’RE CALLING THE SHOTS NOW!? YOU!?
Hogan - NOBODY CALLS THE SHOTS AROUND HERE EXCEPT ME!
Bischoff - I got an idea - being the OPPORTUNIST that I am, I see an opportunity here. Victory Road, we know that Jeff Hardy will face Sting for the title, and a grudge match between Anderson and RVD, BUT TONIGHT, WE HAVE A TAG MATCH. We have Anderson and Hardy teaming up to face RVD and the Stinger! YOU WANNA SEE IT? GET IT DONE!
Angelina Shore - BITCHES, SHUT THE fuck UP! It’s gonna make for good TV when I embarrass you in front of your own crew!
Tenay - Joe has kept his mind on one thing - JOE’S GONNA KILL YOU, POPE!
Taz - Okato - Joe’s personal assistant. Or photographer.
Taz - Okado. Okato. Tomato-tomato, doesn’t realize he’s about to get lit by Pope.
Taz - Pope got drilled in the old yam bag region.
Bully - DREAMER STUCK HIS FAT ASS INTO MY BUSINESS. TOMMY DREAMER, THE MARTYR OF THE WRESTLING BUSINESS. YOU WANNA FIGHT ME? I’M GOING TO THE PARKING LOT - TELL DREAMER TO MEET ME THERE.
Rayne - There’s a reason the women here are called knockouts - every time they step in the ring with me - that’s what I do to them! It’s true! I’m getting a little bit bored…QUIET!
Tenay - THE HARDCORE KNOCKOUT ROXXI IS BACK IN TNA!
Taz - Madison’s heading for higher ground…that’s lower than the ring. It’s a cliché.
Dreamer - I’M READY FOR YA, YOU BIG FAT BULLY!
Ray - DREAMER - COME OUT AND PA-LAYYYY!
Devon - YOU SON OF A BITCH! THOSE WERE MY KIDS!
Ray - Devon…we’re brothers…think about it…
Devon - Okay…I thought about it (attacks him)
Dreamer - DON’T DO IT. YOU’LL GO TO JAIL!
Devon - I don’t care! YOU’RE A BITCH! A COWARD!
(as a heel team comes out)Taz - I’ll pick…the brunette.
Taz - I don’t think the BPs liked that Winter stepped in front of that deal they do with their hands. The bridge thing.
Taz - LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!
Taz - Winter’s a strange bird.
Tenay - WINTER WANTS TO REGAIN THE TRUST FACTOR!
Angle - Did Bart Scott disrespect me? Yeah - in a lot of ways.
Anderson - He got in the face of THE ONLY OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST IN THE HISTORY OF OUR INDUSTRY - do you see wrestlers running on the football field?
Anderson - Are you high? You haven’t been around here long, but this guy and I aren’t exactly buddies! WHAT’S TO SAY I DON’T TAKE HIS ASS OUT BEFORE HE GETS TO THE RING!
Bischoff - SETTLE DOWN! SIT DOWN AND SETTLE DOWN! As big of an asshole as you may be - you’re outnumbered, and how much sense would it make for you to take him out because then you’d be flying solo against RVD? USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK ABOUT IT!
Hogan - It’s only business.
Taz - Who else goes to a street fight in a $3,000 suit? His pocket square cost $195, bro!
Flair - WOOO! All right, AJ. GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE AJ! THE PROBLEM IS THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN IT. YOU’RE IN FLAIR COUNTRY - I HOPE IT’S GRABBING YOU BY THE BALLS!
AJ - AND YOU’RE IN TNA - THE HOSUE THAT AJ STYLES BUILT!
Flair - I’m gonna set the table once more. I didn’t tell you how I feel last week. You need to, at this very moment, BECAUSE I BUILT THIS TOWN! HOW MANY OF YOUR MOTHERS HAVE I SLEPT WITH!? RAISE YOUR HAND! THAT’S RIGHT BROTHER! You gonna knock the people now? I FERTILIZED FAYETTEVILLE, SO YOU NEED TO KISS MY ASS!
AJ - Yap yap yap yap yap. SHUT UP! OH MY…Ric Flair, wasn’t it you who said are you gonna talk the talk or walk the walk? I don’t have all night…
Matt Hardy - You gonna say something like LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED. I don’t know you kid, and you DAMN sure don’t know me, but before me an the Naitch destroy you. You don’t know what I’ve been through - the avenues I’ve traveled down, I wouldn’t wish them upon you, or my worst enemy, but I know you can’t comprehend that - you’re like a child, but I can comprehend that - I was like that, like you. So I’ll tell you this, AJ…I BECAME A VICTIM, AND WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT I BECME. I HAD GOALS. I WAS EXCITED, until I realized that it was NEVER ABOUT WHAT I WANTED. IT’S ABOUT THE SYSTEM WANTS, AND YOU’LL LEARN THAT, BUT BEFORE WE DO WHAT WE DO TONIGHT, IT’S NOT PERSONAL. It’s not personal kiddo.
AJ - Okay, Um, I can respect that BUT I DON’T LIKE YOU OR YOUR BROTHER!
Taz - Flair looks like he’s busted over…yup he is.
Flair - GET HIM, MATT! GET HIM!
Tenay - IN HIS HOME STATE, FLAIR IS DOWN!
Tenay - FLAIR GETS THE WIN!
RVD - You thought I was with them EVEN WHEN I WENT FROM BEING WORLD CHAMPION TO NOTHING!?
Sting - Yeah…I was wrong. I’’M SORRY!
JB - FROM CUCAMUNGA, CALIFORNIA - MAX AND JEREMY BUCK - GENERATION ME!
Taz - It’s Storm…DRINKING AND WALKING DON’T GO WELL. You okay, bro?
Storm - GOT A SIX-PACK IN AND LET THE WRESTLING BEGIN! Where’s my boozer cruiser? Me and Shannon Moore used to travel the roads 13 years - I taught him and he taught me.
Tenay - IT’S THE RETURN OF ULTIMATE X WITH GEN ME, ROBBIE E, AND KAZARAIN FOR THE X TITLE!
Taz - Shannon Moore with the two-toned Mohawk.
Tenay - It’s Jesse Neal.
Taz - It’s the fumes man.
Storm - He deserves every good thing that happens to him - he’s an American hero.
Moore - Beer Money, I don’t know if you just seen what happened, but the book of DILLIGAF DAYS THAT INK INC’S GONNA BE THE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Storm - WE GONNA BE WHOOPING YOUR ASS CUZ JAMES STORM SAID SORRY ‘BOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK!
Hardy - You gonna get me down and hit me with a chair and give me that receipt you been waiting for? WE’RE TALKING ABOUT ROB VAN DAM - THE WHOLE F’N SHOW! And Sting… THE STINGER…against you? If I were you, I wouldn’t like those odds.
Anderson - Those odds don’t sound good, do they? Sounds good…makes sense on paper. Very logical. But I’m kinda a little unorthodox. Different. In the fact that I’m kinda illogical. You know why? BECAUSE I’M AN ASSHOLE! Asshole!
Jarrett - Setback with the vows? What!?
Karen - I ENDED UP IN A CAKE!
Jarrett - That just brought us closer together. We shared our love with the world - it was just short of miraculous.
Jarrett - You know what comes after a wedding? A HONEYMOON! FIVE-STAR SUITE! RESORT!
Karen - Where is it!?
Jarrett - OR-LAN-DO!
Karen - ORLANDO!?
Jarrett - The love fest continues! ALL ABOARD THE LOVE TRAIN! IT’S ON THE WAY TO ORLANDO!
Sting - I’m the world champ for…I don’t know how many times. I’M GONNA PLA THE GAME.
Anderson - THAT’S MISTER ANDERSON TO YOU, AND THIS IS MY TNA WORLD TITLE. I WANT MY REMATCH! I WANT MY REMATCH!

[quote name='KaneRobot']Netflix note - not only do we have The Chaperone on there, but legendary wrestling movie stinkbomb "Body Slam" (Piper, Tonga Kid/Tama, Albano, and the Barbarian are all prominent) is on there as well. If The Chaperone goes well we need to add that to the list of to-watch films. If you've never seen it, oh boy. Dirk Benedictmania is runnin' wild. Legendary midget actor Billy Barty even calls him a f*****...repeatedly. Blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos from Flair and Bruno as well.

We'll shoot for 8PM (EST) on Sunday then for The Chaperone. I think a few of you are on my list already, if not send me a FR on Live.[/QUOTE]

I watched Body Slam soooo much as a kid. I remember watching it every time it was on HBO back in the day.

I didn't even realize there was a TNA PPV this Sunday. Terrible build for the show.

Matt Hardy's promo was fucking awful. The guy doesn't realize that he was never going to be a world champ and main eventer. He needs to stop bitching about the WWE.

TNA's camera shots are getting a lot better. I like how the incorporated the Reaction shots into the main show. They should shoot more backstage interviews like the way they did with Sting tonight.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I watched Body Slam soooo much as a kid. I remember watching it every time it was on HBO back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Body Slam was great back in the day. I am free on Chaparone Sunday also.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I even remember watching the "Tag Team" Pilot back in the day. Roddy Piper and Jessie Ventura as ex-wrestlers/tag team partners who become cops.

edit: found an Article about it on imockery

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/tag-team/[/QUOTE]

I'm only slightly ashamed to say not only do I remember that pilot, but my brother and I still recite many lines from it. Sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jpbvV2m5U

Old ad for the Genesis/SNES game.
A band I was in at the time stole that guitar part.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many people are 'in' for Chaperone Sunday? If there's space, toss me a raft for the proverbial shit river that will be the Chaperone.

So, JBL apparently spends a fourth, to half, of his year on Bermuda, investing in iced tea. Did anyone else not realize that Bermuda is so close to the U.S.—or am I just that inept?

[quote name='Chase']How many people are 'in' for Chaperone Sunday? If there's space, toss me a raft for the proverbial shit river that will be the Chaperone.

So, JBL apparently spends a fourth, to half, of his year on Bermuda, investing in iced tea. Did anyone else not realize that Bermuda is so close to the U.S.—or am I just that inept?[/QUOTE]

I read that, and thought he was joking when he said it was an hour and a half from NYC. I thought it was somewhere in the Caribbean area, but I had no idea it was so far north.

We can hold 8 for The Chaperone (thereby matching their openi...uh, only weekend take!), it just won't be in the MST3k integrated style since that only holds 4.

We can just do the ghetto party watch...be in a XBL party and press play at the same time.

The next thread is The Cold Stone Steve Autsin thread, right? I mean, unless it's going to be the Ray Bradstone thread.

[quote name='KaneRobot']We can hold 8 for The Chaperone (thereby matching their openi...uh, only weekend take!), it just won't be in the MST3k integrated style since that only holds 4.

We can just do the ghetto party watch...be in a XBL party and press play at the same time.

The next thread is The Cold Stone Steve Autsin thread, right? I mean, unless it's going to be the Ray Bradstone thread.[/QUOTE]

It definitely has to be the AUTSIN 3:16 Wrestling Thread.

Ray Bradstone can hang on for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back