We Only Smash Stuff OTTsideeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']Wait a minute.

If you want to grab some Whisky and a 6 pack, you have to go to 2 different places?[/QUOTE]
Thats how ti is here too, liquor stores can't sell beer. Which is fucking retarded of course.

edit- Damn Pennsylvania law is even more retarded than ours.

[quote name='JolietJake']Thats how ti is here too, liquor stores can't sell beer. Which is fucking retarded of course.

edit- Damn Pennsylvania law is even more retarded than ours.[/QUOTE]

I remember freaking out before going on vacation in Pigeon Forge because someone emailed everyone saying it was in a completely dry county.

I ran to the Wal-Mart on the strip(but in another city) the day I got there, and it had a whole aisle of beer that was sold until 3 AM on a Sunday. :lol:

But it did sting paying $60 for a 1.75L of Jack Daniel's in Gatlinburg though. :bomb:

[quote name='manthing']
But it did sting paying $60 for a 1.75L of Jack Daniel's in Gatlinburg though. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

:shock:

Why did it cost so much?

[quote name='manthing']Tourist town, no competition, 'Deliverance' butt rape avoidance taxes, take your pick[/QUOTE]
Helen, Georgia does that crap. The local liquor lobby and restaurants get together with the city council and that's what you get.

[quote name='manthing']I remember freaking out before going on vacation in Pigeon Forge because someone emailed everyone saying it was in a completely dry county.

I ran to the Wal-Mart on the strip(but in another city) the day I got there, and it had a whole aisle of beer that was sold until 3 AM on a Sunday. :lol:

But it did sting paying $60 for a 1.75L of Jack Daniel's in Gatlinburg though. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
You probably know this already, but the county where JD is made is a dry county, which has to be one of the most ridiculous things ever.

[quote name='Maklershed']I don't know if he fakes it or he's just a victim of circumstance but Anthony "Rumble" Johnson sure does get poked in the eye a lot.

Definitely because you can't even buy a 6 pack at a beer distributor. Only bars are allowed to sell those.

Liquor store = wine & spirits

Beer distributor = kegs/cases of beer

Bar = 6 packs[/QUOTE]

Bars selling 6 packs? Do they charge normal prices or do they multiply their jacked up single rate by 6? I know they probably don't jack up the six pack rate, but I gotta ask. :dunce:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Bars selling 6 packs? Do they charge normal prices or do they multiply their jacked up single rate by 6? I know they probably don't jack up the six pack rate, but I gotta ask. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

They jack up the price big time. A 6 pack of Beast Light from a bar will be about $12 .. the same price you can get a case (24) from a beer distributor.

[quote name='Maklershed']You can't take open beverages out of a bar. But a sealed can/bottle of beer is fine.[/QUOTE]

Weird, the only un-opened beverages bars sell here are when you buy an iced "bucket of beers" and I believe (technically) they are supposed to open every one of them. Even if you buy a bottle of liquor at the bar they open it so you can't take it out with you.

[quote name='Maklershed']They jack up the price big time. A 6 pack of Beast Light from a bar will be about $12 .. the same price you can get a case (24) from a beer distributor.[/QUOTE]

Shit, so a 6 pack of Guinness would run like $20. :(

[quote name='Maklershed']I worked at Hershey Park.

hershey-park-11.jpg

EDIT: Where've you been Mana .. I haven't seen you post on CAG or Twitter for ages. Was your computer broken?[/QUOTE]Ah, all right. Yeah, I got cheap tickets there and plan to go there in April. First time I have ever been there.

I'm still on twitter and CAG, just haven't been on as much due to getting sucked into some games and working a lot.

Well I want some kind of wireless keyboard for my room next year. Space is going to be limited and it'll be set up so that I can sit on my bed and use the computer, so wireless would be convenient.

I didn't really think of battery life, that's a good point, scratch the backlight. :lol:

[quote name='tiredfornow']Juggalo 'Rassling Video[/QUOTE]
Sad thing is that I used to go to shows with the two dudes in the first minute or so of that video.

Really, maybe i should check ebay for games more often.

I just bought that nokia smartphone i linked last week, hope i like it, got good reviews.

[quote name='JolietJake']Really, maybe i should check ebay for games more often.

I just bought that nokia smartphone i linked last week, hope i like it, got good reviews.[/QUOTE]

I think he was the exception -- nothing I've been looking for has been going for under $30 and they're all older games than AC2. :|

I've had good luck with Hotels.com and Hotwire. Hotwire won't show you where you're staying until after you've booked, but they're cheap and there's a number of guides that'll tell you which hotel is which by the amenities and star rating.

Dead format or not, I just grabbed the first four Harry Potter films on HD-DVD for $6 shipped from Amazon Marketplace. A user had them listed at $0.00 and fulfilled by Amazon - I paid $5.95 for shipping and got the movies free. I'll be shocked if it actually goes through.

I enjoyed The Crazies but god damn I wish those blake people would shut the fuck up.

Oh, and little kids too. The entire front row was lined with 11-year-olds. How the hell do they get in!??

Think I'm going to go ahead and go with Hotels.com. Thanks, mannnnn.
---
Good to hear, Temp. I want to check it out during a matinee this week.

I'm close to level 60 in Mag. I wanted to finish that before I got BC2 which was shipped to me yesterday. But the more I play mag the more I realize that...

a) the quality of players is not as good as xbox
b) The game has some terrible map problems.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Think I'm going to go ahead and go with Hotels.com. Thanks, mannnnn.
---
Good to hear, Temp. I want to check it out during a matinee this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you were 100% correct. It's the perfect matinee movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back