We Only Smash Stuff OTTsideeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming by SRI, he means SSRI, which is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (Read: antidepressant). Think Prozac, zoloft, etc. I was on zoloft for seasonal depression until I just decided to stop two months ago.

I used to get that a lot, i'd lay in bed for hours unable to stop thinking about things, doesn't happen much anymore. I do think i have sleep apnea though.

Judging from that picture i bet Brak has some interesting dreams.

edit- More realistic than reality? How is that even possible? :lol:

[quote name='Brak']It's been like that since I was a kid. :cry: I hope I'm not secretly clinically depressed. :lol:

The only thing I like about it all is that my dreams are somehow more realistic than reality. :O

What's an SRI?[/QUOTE]

It can never hurt to see a counselor. If you have health insurance it will usually cover up to 13 sessions a year. A lot of times 1 session will be enough to figure out if you are depressed or not.

Yes, SSRI. There are all kinds of depression and manifestations of it. I never really felt depressed, but my neurotransmitters were definitely out of whack.

Last night I dreamed that Phil Jackson moved in next door. He had a bowling alley in his house, and then he came over and ate steak with my family.

[quote name='Brak']It's been like that since I was a kid. :cry: I hope I'm not secretly clinically depressed. :lol:

The only thing I like about it all is that my dreams are somehow more realistic than reality. :O

What's an SRI?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen The Science of Sleep?

[quote name='zewone']Have you seen The Science of Sleep?[/QUOTE]
I saw part of it, and really enjoyed it.

I'd like to see the whole thing, one of these days.

I like how I waited until the last minute to turn in my assignments and everything is going wrong. Stupid internet, stupid tiredfornow. :[

a little video of some renovation I've been doing to my aunts old house. Finally some progress, been working on this thing for a good while now, hasn't been easy by myself, but I managed to put it all together, finally have some more patience working on it now that those freeloaders are out of the house.

The kitchen is about a week from completion, then I'll get back to finishing the bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kTpzgKJxUc

I didn't get rid of them, but I did manage to get rid of the tenants I rented some rooms to, they're gone but I spent most of the time cleaning up the house after them. My brother and my uncle are still in the house, they've calmed down a bit and seem to just wander aimlessly around the house like cattle and occasionally ask for beer.

I remembered lots of talk about that Smokey Bones place so i checked out their site, closest one is in Chattanooga. :(

Did find a Tony Roma's not too far away though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Heeeey... is there a "how to" on playing TF2? Like "how to choose the class that works for you" and all that jazz?[/QUOTE]
Heavy is the tank, slow but takes lots of hits, great if you have a medic to heal you. Carries a chain gun as his main weapon.

Scout is the opposite of the heavy, fastest class in the game, but also the weakest. Once you learn to run around people and evade hits they're great, can be annoying as hell to fight. Carries a small shotgun as his main weapon.

Pryro is the ambush class, limited range but if you get someone from behind or in a closed in area they're deadly. Uses a flame thrower as its main weapon, secondary air burst attack from flame thrower can reflect some things like rockets or bombs.

Demoman is best if you like setting traps and waiting for people to come to you. The normal grenade launcher can take some practice to use well, the sticky bomb launcher can be used to mine an area and wait for someone to walk into it. Can use the sticky bombs to jump to higher areas. Grenades/bombs can be blow back by Pyro.

Soldier is the ranged explosives class, carries a rocket launcher as his main weapon. Rockets aren't terribly fast and can be evaded or even blown back at you by pyros. Can use rocket launcher to rocket jump to higher areas.

The Spy is the stealth class. If you like to sneak around and mess with people then the Spy is best. Can cloak for a short time and disguise as a member of the other team. Carries a revolver his main weapon, also carries a switchblade knife which can one hit kill an enemy if stabbed from behind. Also carries a sapper which can be used to destroy buildings.

Medic is the healing class. Carries a healing gun which when fully charged can "uber" a teammate making you and them invincible for a short time. Carries a needle gun as his main weapon.

Engineer is the building class. Can build turrets to attack enemies and dispensers to dispense health and ammo. Can also build teleporters to teleport team to areas of the map. Carries a shotgun as his main weapon. Spies are especially annoying when you're a Engineer as they can sap your buildings which will destroy them if you don't repair them fast.

Sniper is the ranged class. As you'd expect he attacks from a distance with his sniper rifle. Spies can be a problem as they can sneak up and stab you while you are zoomed in with the rifle. Rifle has to charge up for a full power shot.

For those that upgraded to Windows 7, did you throw away your windows.old folder? I can't think of what I'll need in there, and it's taking up 83gbs worth of space.

What does Windows 7 do after the beta runs out?

---

Holly shit @ the new Gorillaz album coming out in a week. NPR is supposed to have the whole thing available for streaming tomorrow. I hope the song with Mick Jones and Paul Simonon is good. :bouncy:

[quote name='JJSP']Free HD-DVDs have shipped from Amazon. Awesome.

Anyone else pretending to care about hockey today?[/QUOTE]

What? How did you get that?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mojimbo']
Holly shit @ the new Gorillaz album coming out in a week. NPR is supposed to have the whole thing available for streaming tomorrow. I hope the song with Mick Jones and Paul Simonon is good. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Wait ... what the .. a week?! How did this happen without me knowing. :bouncy: indeed

[quote name='JolietJake']Heavy is the tank, slow but takes lots of hits, great if you have a medic to heal you. Carries a chain gun as his main weapon.

Scout is the opposite of the heavy, fastest class in the game, but also the weakest. Once you learn to run around people and evade hits they're great, can be annoying as hell to fight. Carries a small shotgun as his main weapon.

Pryro is the ambush class, limited range but if you get someone from behind or in a closed in area they're deadly. Uses a flame thrower as its main weapon, secondary air burst attack from flame thrower can reflect some things like rockets or bombs.

Demoman is best if you like setting traps and waiting for people to come to you. The normal grenade launcher can take some practice to use well, the sticky bomb launcher can be used to mine an area and wait for someone to walk into it. Can use the sticky bombs to jump to higher areas. Grenades/bombs can be blow back by Pyro.

Soldier is the ranged explosives class, carries a rocket launcher as his main weapon. Rockets aren't terribly fast and can be evaded or even blown back at you by pyros. Can use rocket launcher to rocket jump to higher areas.

The Spy is the stealth class. If you like to sneak around and mess with people then the Spy is best. Can cloak for a short time and disguise as a member of the other team. Carries a revolver his main weapon, also carries a switchblade knife which can one hit kill an enemy if stabbed from behind. Also carries a sapper which can be used to destroy buildings.

Medic is the healing class. Carries a healing gun which when fully charged can "uber" a teammate making you and them invincible for a short time. Carries a needle gun as his main weapon.

Engineer is the building class. Can build turrets to attack enemies and dispensers to dispense health and ammo. Can also build teleporters to teleport team to areas of the map. Carries a shotgun as his main weapon. Spies are especially annoying when you're a Engineer as they can sap your buildings which will destroy them if you don't repair them fast.

Sniper is the ranged class. As you'd expect he attacks from a distance with his sniper rifle. Spies can be a problem as they can sneak up and stab you while you are zoomed in with the rifle. Rifle has to charge up for a full power shot.[/QUOTE]

Do people who play actually have the concept of "team"? Also, what are good classes to choose for a beginner?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Do people who play actually have the concept of "team"? Also, what are good classes to choose for a beginner?[/QUOTE]
That depends, i usually play with regular people, so i know they aren't just fucking around. On the 360 i have no idea what its like. I usually play pyro just because it requires little to no aim really, you set someone on fire and they continue to burn until they find health or die. Pyro has limited range though, you have to get up close to do much damage.

Depends on how you like to play really.

[quote name='munch']What? How did you get that?[/QUOTE]
I've been looking to pick up the Harry Potter set recently, and some dude on the marketplace had them for sale. For reasons I'm not really sure of, they were listed as $0.00 and fulfilled by Amazon - I grabbed the four he had in stock and only paid shipping. My Prime expired or it'd been totally free, but I'm getting four movies for $5.95 shipped, and that was paid with random giftcard balance that'd been sitting in my account for a couple months.

I sort of wanted the big box set, but I'll settle for the first four movies for a little over a dollar each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back