We Only Smash Stuff OTTsideeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']He also gave us Hudson Hawk, Armageddon, Die Hard 4 and most recently Surrogates.

(I was actually going to asterisk my original statement with "Except in Die Hard 1." Unbreakable too, I guess.)[/QUOTE]

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Die Hard 4. It was a fun summer action movie in the same vein as the previous movies.

[quote name='Mojimbo']:lol: @ this PS3 firmware meltdown. I look forward to seeing how the Sony nutjob dickriders try to spin this.[/QUOTE]

I'm only half a nutjob, so the best I can give you is:
"At least I wasn't paying for the service."

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You didn't like Pulp Fiction?

Let's not sit here and act like he only made one good movie in the past twenty years. He isn't John Travolta.[/QUOTE]"Lick my bunghole, motherf_cker!" - John Travolta in Pelham 123 #-o

Sam Jackson was the dude who really made Pulp Fiction, not Bruce Willis. It's not that the guy isn't in good movies every now and then, but my brain doesn't go "Wow, I can't wait to see Bruce Willis in that new movie of his." Even when he happens to be in a good movie I usually don't attribute that to him, with a couple of exceptions like the ones I mentioned.[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey, there's nothing wrong with Die Hard 4.[/QUOTE]:|

[quote name='seanr1221']Have you tried cheeseburger doritos?[/QUOTE]

Cheesburger...Doritos? That sounds interesting.

[quote name='seanr1221']
dorito.gif
[/QUOTE]

I keep passing those by. So I take it they're well worth the purchase?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Cop Out was actually pretty damn good![/QUOTE]

#-o

[quote name='Chika']omg i want to die and go to chicken fried heaven, aka northern texas. the travel channel is showing chicken fried steak and chicken fried bacon that are served with sides of BOTH french fries and mashed potatoes! TWO SIDES OF POTATO! i'd die happy.[/QUOTE]

You can chicken fry bacon? :drool:

On the subject of Texas and potatoes, I found one restaurant that I liked in my trips to Houston that served the most massive baked potatoes I've ever seen. Some little hole in the wall place off a side road. I ate there every time I was down there and I was incredibly happy. Spoony loves his potatoes.

[quote name='rabbitt']They are damn good. What is your show list looking like for the year so far?[/QUOTE]

3/11 Jaguar Love/Mary May I
3/12 The Appleseed Cast/Dreamend
3/18 Vampire Weekend/The Blow (might see a friend's band on this night instead)
3/31 Cymbals Eat Guitars/Bear in Heaven/Freelance Whales
4/1 Caspian/Arms & Sleepers
4/5 Muse/Silversun Pickups
4/6 The Ruby Suns/Toro y Moi
4/7 Spoon/Deerhunter/Micachu and the Shapes
4/23 Yeasayer/Sleighbells
5/13 Owen Pallett (Final Fantasy)
5/17 The Tallest Man on Earth
5/20 Pyramiddd/The Continentals
5/22 Local Natives

Mono/The Twilight Sad are coming in May, and I'm hoping that it will get moved to an all ages venue.

My friends and I are almost positive that we're going to Outside Lands in August.

What does your list look like?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Cop Out really should have been a good movie. That script was hot according to many insiders and the actors in it are good enough to make a decent movie. I am hoping it ends up being one of those movies that is much better than reviewers think it is.[/QUOTE]

Cop Out was alright. I thought Kevin Smith wrote it, but he didn't and that was pretty obvious. He is a great writer, but just an OK director.

Definitely worth a watch, but only once it comes out on DVD.

[quote name='Mojimbo']He also gave us Hudson Hawk, Armageddon, Die Hard 4 and most recently Surrogates.

(I was actually going to asterisk my original statement with "Except in Die Hard 1." Unbreakable too, I guess.)[/QUOTE]

Die Hard 4 was pretty good for its type of movie.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I sneezed and it felt like the veins in my neck were going to explode. :( they're still throbbing after a couple of minutes.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like what I had last week. I still have a slightly sore throat and bad cough from it.

As if it wasn't crappy enough that PSN took a shit tonight when me and some buddies had planned to play some of the new Borderlands DLC, my laptop decided to die. I found a decent one at walmart for $298 + tax that I'm tempted to go get now, but I think I'll just get up in the morning and get it before class. It's actually a huge step up from my old laptop (I was still using a Dell C400 >_

[quote name='Bioshocked360']3/11 Jaguar Love/Mary May I
3/12 The Appleseed Cast/Dreamend
3/18 Vampire Weekend/The Blow (might see a friend's band on this night instead)
3/31 Cymbals Eat Guitars/Bear in Heaven/Freelance Whales
4/1 Caspian/Arms & Sleepers
4/5 Muse/Silversun Pickups
4/6 The Ruby Suns/Toro y Moi
4/7 Spoon/Deerhunter/Micachu and the Shapes
4/23 Yeasayer/Sleighbells
5/13 Owen Pallett (Final Fantasy)
5/17 The Tallest Man on Earth
5/20 Pyramiddd/The Continentals
5/22 Local Natives

Mono/The Twilight Sad are coming in May, and I'm hoping that it will get moved to an all ages venue.

My friends and I are almost positive that we're going to Outside Lands in August.

What does your list look like?[/QUOTE]

Some potentially great shows there. My list is small for now, but I expect April and May to fill up some more.

3/18 RJD2
3/23 A Place to Bury Strangers/The Big Pink
3/29 Past Lives
4/18 Red Sparowes/Caspian
5/24 Mono/The Twilight Sad
6/4 Bastard Noise

[quote name='TheRock88']The amount of corniness in that PSN thread has reached JJ's type of level.[/QUOTE]

Did the anti 360 guy defend PSN going down?

[quote name='Eviltude'] I found a decent one at walmart for $298 + tax that I'm tempted to go get now[/QUOTE]

Grab it. It's a really nice laptop for $300. I picked one up for my sister yesterday and was impressed with it. But if you're looking to play games, it isn't for you.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Today is one of those days where I wish the concept of breakfast beers were more socially accepted.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to cut back on my day drinking.

500+ replies in the PSN error thread? Dare I read them all?

I can't believe Amazon still hasn't shipped my The Show.

Also, you'd think after filling it out about 6 times I'd learn that it's important to do your tax return BEFORE your FAFSA. I just never learn.

[quote name='lordwow']Also, you'd think after filling it out about 6 times I'd learn that it's important to do your tax return BEFORE your FAFSA. I just never learn.[/QUOTE]

#-o

I might get the walmart notebook. I'm disappointed I missed out on that 500 gateway at BB a couple weeks ago. That was a steal. But I ddin't have the moneies then and didn't want to put it on a credit card.

I really want to get one of the new asus ULV notebooks coming out this year. it'll be nearly a grand but they're awesome. 10-14 hours of battery life, can play games, and ultraportable. I'm expecting 2-2.5 hours for the super cheap walmart book.

[quote name='Number83']#-o[/QUOTE]

Luckily I won't ever have to fill it out again.

And, if I get the full-time position I'm applying for, free tuition!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I might get the walmart notebook. I'm disappointed I missed out on that 500 gateway at BB a couple weeks ago. That was a steal. But I ddin't have the moneies then and didn't want to put it on a credit card.[/QUOTE]

I was pissed last week when I found the 6GB RAM HP people on SD got for $350, and it rang up at $480 plus the bullshit 'Optimization' fee.

[quote name='JolietJake']Isn't that wal mart laptop some piece of crap emachines?[/QUOTE]

Shit the fuck up Jake. eMachines is owned by Asus now you dumb twat.

Unless you're going to game, it's fine for most people.

[quote name='lordwow']Luckily I won't ever have to fill it out again.

And, if I get the full-time position I'm applying for, free tuition![/QUOTE]

:whee:

Good Luck!

[quote name='JolietJake']Isn't that wal mart laptop some piece of crap emachines?[/QUOTE]

Emachines is now run by asus and and the quality has improved significantly.

Where the hell are you guys getting this information about Asus owning Emachines? I'm pretty sure its Acer.

edit- And manthing is a mean sober. :(

They're probably making the same mistake. I dunno how you could have two manufacturers in the same field have such similar sounding names. It's like having two car companies names Ford and Fred. I would think one or the other would change their name to get greater brand separation.

[quote name='manthing']Eh, just about everyone on SD said Asus owned emachines last week.[/QUOTE]
Well SD is wrong, bitch!

Acer quality is so-so too.

Hey Drunkle Manny, I've found a new weightloss plan that is working miracles. I eat lots of dairy at every meal so that nothing stays down longer than an hour. -3.5lbs/week lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back