We Only Smash Stuff OTTsideeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']
The PSN error thread isn't entertaining at all.

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

The one on GAF is.

Edit: Check under the bed or under the coffee table.

Acer owns Gateway, which purchased eMachines in 2007.

If my math is correct Acer = eMachines.

They also own a controlling interest in Packard Bell...:whee:

[quote name='Number83']Acer owns Gateway, which purchased eMachines in 2007.

If my math is correct Acer = eMachines.

They also own a controlling interest in Packard Bell...:whee:[/QUOTE]

Packard Bell is still around?

I used to hate working on Packard Bell machines, biggest piece of shit ever made.

I think they're still sold in some countries.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Packard Bell is still around?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

[quote name='JolietJake']I used to hate working on Packard Bell machines, biggest piece of shit ever made.

I think they're still sold in some countries.[/QUOTE]

:shame:

My DX2 66 running 3.1 and DOS says otherwise, JJ. 5 1/4" floppies were the greatest gaming media ever!

I meant physically they were a pain, the cases were hard to open and the layout was just generally bad. Though most OEMs were back then anyway. Last one i worked with required taking the front face plate off (cheap plastic tabs broke) then unscrewing the wrap around casing. Then trying not to cut yourself on the sharp edges of the case itself.

They were just horrible.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The one on GAF is.

Edit: Check under the bed or under the coffee table.[/QUOTE]

I DID! I'll make sure to crack a window before you get home from work

I don't look forward to calling the IRS tomorrow...if my refund doesn't arrive that is. Tomorrow is the last day before I should call in :wall:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I don't look forward to calling the IRS tomorrow...if my refund doesn't arrive that is. Tomorrow is the last day before I should call in :wall:[/QUOTE]

I did mine on Saturday, and they were already accepted. Scheduled to get my refund March 12.

Refunds are only paid on Fridays, so I'd wait until then if you are worried.

[quote name='Number83']I did mine on Saturday, and they were already accepted. Scheduled to get my refund March 12.

Refunds are only paid on Fridays, so I'd wait until then if you are worried.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought they processed them everyday....It's going to drive me nuts to wait until Friday, if it doesn't show up tomorrow I'll be calling tomorrow for sure.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Really? I thought they processed them everyday....It's going to drive me nuts to wait until Friday, if it doesn't show up tomorrow I'll be calling tomorrow for sure.[/QUOTE]

You sure you have the correct Bank Account/Routing number on your return?

The IRS is sneaky. Before direct deposit, they used to mail the checks on Thursday so that you'd get them Saturday...when the banks were closed.

The email I got from Turbo-Tax:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Now that your return has been accepted, in 72 hours you should be able to track your refund at Where's My Refund? on the IRS Web site. Be sure to wait 72 hours; if you check before that, you may get a message saying they don't have your information yet.
  • The IRS issues refunds every Friday. If you don't receive your refund on the estimated date shown on the Where's My Refund? Web site, wait until the next Friday to check again.
  • If it's been longer than 14 days from your estimated refund date and you have not received your refund, see Where's My Refund? for more help. Some refunds can take up to a month to arrive, depending on the return.
  • [/FONT]

[quote name='JolietJake']Man the russians really take the olympics seriously.[/QUOTE]

In Soviet Russia...Nah, too corny for that joke.

[quote name='Number83']You sure you have the correct Bank Account/Routing number on your return?

The IRS is sneaky. Before direct deposit, they used to mail the checks on Thursday so that you'd get them Saturday...when the banks were closed.

The email I got from Turbo-Tax:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
  • Now that your return has been accepted, in 72 hours you should be able to track your refund at Where's My Refund? on the IRS Web site. Be sure to wait 72 hours; if you check before that, you may get a message saying they don't have your information yet.

• The IRS issues refunds every Friday. If you don't receive your refund on the estimated date shown on the Where's My Refund? Web site, wait until the next Friday to check again.

• If it's been longer than 14 days from your estimated refund date and you have not received your refund, see Where's My Refund? for more help. Some refunds can take up to a month to arrive, depending on the return.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Routing/Checking number were correct as I got my State refund days after submitting. Guess you're right...might as well wait till Friday. I have checked the "Where's My Refund" link and that's where it said I should get it by March 2nd. If I don't, I'm assuming that message will change to something else, so I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.

A lot of people are picking up the Hardened edition of MW2 at Target for $20. That would be a sweet deal. Anyone care to grab me one if you go and check?

[quote name='munch']A lot of people are picking up the Hardened edition of MW2 at Target for $20. That would be a sweet deal. Anyone care to grab me one if you go and check?[/QUOTE]

I'll keep a look out tomorrow when I go. Hopefully they have a few copies and I can dump my regular edition or something.

You're getting Battlefield for 360, Rock? I know the first print run gets upgraded to a "limited edition" but is that anything other than a different box? I know you get free DLC because of EA's new initiative to fuck over used game sales but that should be in every new copy ever made, not just the LEs. Also, isn't the party system really shitty since the game relies on 4(?) man squads?

I don't know, getting the game and a $20 Amazon gift card for $37 after using a $20 Amazon GC that I had seems like a good deal. I didn't have that much fun with the demo but I'll give the game the benefit of the doubt and assume that was because I was playing with random XBL retards and that really is a team game. I liked the XBLA Battlefield and the Xbox 1 and early 360 Battlefield but a lot of the gameplay mechanics in BC1 and BC2 seem so bizarre to me, especially after MW2.

[quote name='munch']A lot of people are picking up the Hardened edition of MW2 at Target for $20. That would be a sweet deal. Anyone care to grab me one if you go and check?[/QUOTE]

I think I'd like one of those too, if someone came across an extra.
(Also looking for one of those super clearanced LEGO Rockband if you stumble across one. [360 for both])

[quote name='TheRock88']I ordered it for the PC. Waiting to decide whether to get the 360 version cause no one on my friends list is getting it.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of buying it on steam.

My cheapness is getting the better of me though. Do i really wanna pay $50 for the PC version when I only paid $30 for the xbox version? I can probably get the non steam version for less than $50 but having the steam version would be nice. And they allow you to get the LE bonuses up until the 16th of March, so I have extra time to decide.

I'm really, really hungry. I don't think I can keep down anything that isn't soup, and we have no soup. I tried to take a shower, but I had to get out almost immediately because the standing+hot water made me want to puke.

I think my tongue is infected. How would that even happen? It's been fine for like 2 months and I haven't changed the bar or anything for at least a month.

Guess I'll just rinse with salt water and hope it goes away.

[quote name='tiredfornow']^^ oh yeah? looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

it's blocked :( it's a blog on ow. ly about the new wine trail opening my birthday weekend 20 minutes from here.

:rofl:

xl9pqq.jpg

[quote name='Maklershed']Have you chomped on it by accident yet?[/QUOTE]
I've chomped on the ball a few times, yeah.

[quote name='Rocko']I think my tongue is infected. How would that even happen? It's been fine for like 2 months and I haven't changed the bar or anything for at least a month.

Guess I'll just rinse with salt water and hope it goes away.[/QUOTE]

mouthes are naturally full of bacteria. warm salt rinses like as frequent as possible.

[quote name='munch']I didn't see them at my Target either. I'm hoping KKKKKK-Kasey can come through with Lego Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

They still didn't drop it today and I guess some Ebayer got all the RE's.

Shrike's going to ban you for that.

---

Can anyone see if they can successfully download Avast Free AV from download.com? I'm having trouble doing so.

Edit: nevermind--found a mirror that's not on download.com

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Would you say it's worth 300 bucks.

Hows the build quality/keyboard/lcd?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good. It's an emachine E725, got it from walmart. 3GB ram, decent processor (Intel Pentium T4400), 250GB HDD, DVD burner and Windows 7 is pretty sweet. Damn good for $300.

The only shitty part was I had to go way out of my way to find one. The dude said somebody bought the last 3 they had at the one closest to my house so I had to drive 20 minutes out to another one. fucking hoarders nabbing everything just when I actually need one.

Oh yeah and the screen is really nice. 15.6", 16:9 HD. Amazingly huge step up from my last laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back