XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow screw all these sales. Honestly they do this, so they know that people will cave in and buy shit at full price. fuck that. Ill keep my money and spend it on better and more important and proper things. For example Marijuana :hot:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Dude I have been a gold member for 5 years...I think I understand the network.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but I don't think being a member for 5 years means that you understand their framework or its value.

All I'm saying is that there are different ways to measure value. Having more frequently discounted games and games that are available to play for free while you are a member are nice services. Having a more solid framework for online gaming is a nice service as well.

I agree with you - it would be nice to have some better sales. Hopefully the pressure that the PS network is starting to bear will encourage MS to pick up the slack, but I do like to keep in mind that some of what I'm paying for with LIVE is a more friendly, stable, and persistent online experience than I can find on the PS or the PC.

[quote name='drawingboard']This is probably the 10th time "Lara Croft Guardian of Light" has been discounted. Just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

It's actually the DLC for the game that's going on sale, not the game itself... :roll:

[quote name='midloo']No offense, but I don't think being a member for 5 years means that you understand their framework or its value.
.[/QUOTE]

sigh...

I haven't heard any news of this "Winter of Arcade" promotion, but why is everyone flipping out about it? It's not like we already don't have Block Party and various other XBLA promotions that happen throughout the year that are essentially "of Arcade" promotions with different names.

Also throw me in the pot for "wtfseriouslythesearethedealsreally?" guys.

I understand what you're saying. I have been a gold member for four years, and I can certainly understand the fatigue with Xbox Live. With Xbox Live I pay $60 for Online play, and a few other services. Honestly, it is expensive for the value. There are reasons I have been so enticed by cheap games from Steam. I will still be keeping my sub, in case a game does come along that I do want to play online.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']I haven't heard any news of this "Winter of Arcade" promotion, but why is everyone flipping out about it? It's not like we already don't have Block Party and various other XBLA promotions that happen throughout the year that are essentially "of Arcade" promotions with different names.

Also throw me in the pot for "wtfseriouslythesearethedealsreally?" guys.[/QUOTE]

I just googled it and all I could find is that Summer of Arcade is called Winter of Arcade in Austrailia...

What I don't understand is why MS does this. Why would they promote this Summer of Arcade thing when everything that it brings is substantially worse than LIVE usually is? The deals are terrible, the games are mostly terrible, and we only get one game a week (those Shaq-fuquers had better not be delaying my Jet Set Radio and Guilty Gear for this). How is it possible for them to spin this "promotion" as something that's genuinely positive and not a source of agony for everyone who uses the service?

[quote name='Docsamson']entitled[/QUOTE]
I refuse to believe that people still use this word seriously.

I've been playing Wreckateer for the last week and it's a lot of fun.

One of the best Kinect games I've played so far. I know few people are going to pick it up at full price but so far it's been a pleasant surprise.

[quote name='seppuku']Note that I purchased Raskulls through the Sales App last week, and even after the app update the game still shows up as re-purchasable through the xbox.com Marketplace. Not sure if other people are seeing the same thing?[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing. I purchased Raskulls via the Sales App. The game works as it should, but it looks like the license was not associated with my gamertag. Both the Xbox dashboard and the Xbox.com site show Raskulls as unpurchased for my account.

The game does appear in my past purchases list, but even redownloading it did not fix this issue.

[quote name='airco']What I don't understand is why MS does this. Why would they promote this Summer of Arcade thing when everything that it brings is substantially worse than LIVE usually is? The deals are terrible, the games are mostly terrible, and we only get one game a week (those Shaq-fuquers had better not be delaying my Jet Set Radio and Guilty Gear for this). How is it possible for them to spin this "promotion" as something that's genuinely positive and not a source of agony for everyone who uses the service?

I refuse to believe that people still use this word seriously.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Trials, Braid, Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Bastion......

They're all "substantially worse then LIVE usually is"

Sure thing

[quote name='cancerman1120']Lara Croft rehash next week also....sigh

Square Enix 31-Jul to 6-Aug
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – A Hazardous Reunion 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – All the Trappings 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack 200 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Beneath the Ashes 400 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Lara’s Shadow 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

I know it sucks for some people to see these rehashes, but I'll be picking up some of this stuff up since I missed it when it was on sale last time.

I didn't realize the DLC for Underworld is exclusive to Xbox, so was kind of bummed when I picked up the trilogy on PS3 only to learn after the fact.

[quote name='airco']What I don't understand is why MS does this. Why would they promote this Summer of Arcade thing when everything that it brings is substantially worse than LIVE usually is? The deals are terrible, the games are mostly terrible, and we only get one game a week (those Shaq-fuquers had better not be delaying my Jet Set Radio and Guilty Gear for this). How is it possible for them to spin this "promotion" as something that's genuinely positive and not a source of agony for everyone who uses the service?
.[/QUOTE]

Agony?! Hahahahaha

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yeah, Trials, Braid, Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Bastion......

They're all "substantially worse then LIVE usually is"

Sure thing[/QUOTE]

Meh, maybe it was different in other years (it's best if I don't comment on the quality of those games), but this year has pretty much nothing to offer besides two games that we can hope might be good. Why not just go with the standard "release two games a week" thing that MS usually goes with, so they can give their users more games that they might possibly pay for? Or better yet, why not use the promotional period to release even more than that? If Skullgirls was any indication, games have a tendency to just sit for a while before being released, so MS could use a promotional period to release a bunch of good games at once, therefore giving us a reason to use our 360s, instead of playing Steam games due to their manufactured dry spell.

[quote name='Docsamson']Agony?! Hahahahaha[/QUOTE]
Yes, agony. WHERE IS THE JSR AND GGXX+ MS THEY WERE ANNOUNCED MONTHS AGO YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE JSR AND GGXX+
Oh well, guess I'll just go back to Ys.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']A Winter of Arcade? that sounds amazing I wonder what games will offer Battleblock Theater and Joedanger the movie for sure and maybe that Motocross game.[/QUOTE]

Joe Danger already passed certification. I don't see it releasing any later than September.

[quote name='Junpei']There are also Serious Sam 3, Skulls of the Shogun, Retro City Rampage and Black Knight Sword still listed for a late 2012 release, so this hypothetical Winter of Arcade could be packed with some meaty titles... :bouncy:

Plus, Monolith Productions announced Guardians of Middle-Earth during E3, which looks like a Tolkien-flavored DOTA clone, planned for Q4 2012. Seems decent enough, we'll see :)[/QUOTE]

If Retro City rampage falls all the way to winter I'll be super pissed. It was supposed to release in May. Rumor is that it's 100% done. Also Skulls of the Shogun is supposed to launch in October with Wibdows 8

I also don't get why people are complaining about this years SOA. Tony Hawk HD is fantastic and Wreakateer looks fun. I don't have a Kinect, but if I did, I sure as hell would at least try the demo. People are immediately dismissing it just because it is a Kinect game.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I've been playing Wreckateer for the last week and it's a lot of fun.

One of the best Kinect games I've played so far. I know few people are going to pick it up at full price but so far it's been a pleasant surprise.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been telling people. Most people automatically write off any Kinect game as terrible because...well....most Kinect games are pretty crappy. This one is actually a fun quality title, pretty unique (no it's not Angry Birds), makes good use of Kinect so it's not just a gimmick, and has very responsive controls and great detection. It's also reasonably priced at 800 MSPs.

[quote name='yamayama']Sales and Specials app:

Scrath and Match sales:
Choplifter HD (XBLA) = 600 MSP
SkyDrift (XBLA) = 800 MSP
[/QUOTE]

Ehh, still too much for these games. I would have buying them if each was 400MSP.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Lara Croft rehash next week also....sigh

Square Enix 31-Jul to 6-Aug
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – A Hazardous Reunion 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – All the Trappings 200 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack 200 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Beneath the Ashes 400 (50% off)
Tomb Raider Underworld Lara’s Shadow 400 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to pick up the Underworld dlc

[quote name='yamayama']I just googled it and all I could find is that Summer of Arcade is called Winter of Arcade in Austrailia...[/QUOTE]

Well I got the info from one of the biggest german xbox news site xboxdynasty...remember the other time when this site was right about the 1 day special sale list last year for christmas? ;D

[quote name='garrett007']I'm sorry if this was already answered in the thread but is there supposed to be Left 4 dead 2 dlc released today?[/QUOTE]
26th I believe

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']
Wreakateer looks fun. People are immediately dismissing it just because it is a Kinect game.
[/QUOTE]

I am immediately dismissing it just because it is a Kinect game.

And because I don't have a Kinect.

[quote name='gordojones88']I am immediately dismissing it just because it is a Kinect game.

And because I don't have a Kinect.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a Kinect either. There just aren't enough games out there for me to justify buying one. I would like to play this with a controller, but that's not offered. The official line is that the game was designed with Kinect and it works better that way, so no controller support. Of course the reverse hasn't stopped them from shoving poor Kinect controls into a bunch of games designed around a controller, so that's kind of unfortunate. I would definitely like to play this.

Sorry for the time away. Put a patch on the OP. Still working on it.
(Today's my day off so I actually get to participate in the thread for once)

Yawn....

I was really hoping that with the release of the deals/sales app, that MS was really going to start upping their game in regards to sales. Obviously that hasn't been the case. With all the games and dlc now available, this is the best that they can do. Unbelievable.

Nothing new to add to this thread. I just wanted to say that the phrase "Now with Bears!" makes anything instantly more awesome. :lol:

[quote name='VidPower']Nothing new to add to this thread. I just wanted to say that the phrase "Now with Bears!" makes anything instantly more awesome. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It works on the Colbert Report. :)
I may have to buy the game now. The Bear-less version is $10 at newegg and my daughter will probably love it.

[quote name='louiedog']I don't have a Kinect either. There just aren't enough games out there for me to justify buying one. I would like to play this with a controller, but that's not offered. The official line is that the game was designed with Kinect and it works better that way, so no controller support. Of course the reverse hasn't stopped them from shoving poor Kinect controls into a bunch of games designed around a controller, so that's kind of unfortunate. I would definitely like to play this.[/QUOTE]
due to the awesomeness of trials evolution (probably my favorite game so far this year) you can play a version of this game with the controller through that game. see here.

I figured it out! When they said it was coming out July 24th and that new information will be available soon, they meant that 7/24 was the day the new info would come out, and then the next date shall be the release date. (I know it's not the perfect theory, of course there's no half life 3 reference ;) )

I'm more frustrated watching the trend of the sales app. The first few weeks had some respectable sales after losing the scratch game but now the sales are less than 50% off...

I've been waiting for SkyDrift to drop to anything lower then 800, sure enough it's 800 and I don't have enough points right now.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Cold Stream DLC wont be coming out today and will cost 560MS points

http://konaskorner.com/2012/07/24/left-4-dead-2-cold-stream-no-where-to-be-found/[/QUOTE]

Well if it is actually 560 MS points I might just trade my L4D1 in. BBY will give you $4.80 (with Unlocked) right now. So essentially it would cost me $2.20 to get the new campaign.

Twitter:

L4D Developer ‏@l4ddev
Cold Stream for Xbox is going to be delayed just a few days as we fix a few last min pieces. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody posted this yet? Saw this on trueachievements.

DJ Hero -"Extended Mix Pack" – 480 MSP 240 MSP (Pack includes: "All Of Me” by 50 Cent featuring Mary J. Blige vs “Radio Ga Ga” by Queen and “DARE” by Gorillaz vs “Can’t Truss It” by Public Enemy)

DJ Hero 2 -"Electro Hits Mix Pack" – 640 MSP 320 MSP (Pack Includes: ‘Hustler’ by Simian Mobile Disco VS ‘Pump Up The Jam’ by Technotronic, ‘I’m In The House’ by Steve Aoki ft. Zuper Blahq, and ‘I’m In Miami’ by LMFAO)

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock -"Foo Fighters Pack" – 500 MSP 250 MSP (Pack Includes: "The Pretender" from the album "Echoes Silence Patience & Grace", "All My life" from the album "One by One", & "This Is A Call" from the album "Foo Fighters (self titled)")

Guitar Hero: World Tour -"Rise Against Track Pack" – 440 MSP 220 MSP (Pack Includes: "Audience of One", "Ready to Fall", and "Death Blossoms")

Guitar Hero 5 -"Rock 1 Track Pack" – 880 MSP 440 MSP (Pack Includes: "Blue Monday" by Orgy, "I Stand Alone" by Godsmack, "Last Resort" by Papa Roach, "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit, "The Dope Show" by Marilyn Manson, and "Epic" by Faith No More)

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock -"Soundgarden "Telephantasm" Album" – 1440 MSP 720 MSP (Pack Includes: "Birth Ritual", "Burden In My Hand", "Black Hole Sun", "Blow Up The Outside World", "Fell On Black Days", "Hands All Over", "Hunted Down", "My Wave", "Spoonman", "Outshined", and "Rusty Cage")

Compatibility Notes: This seemed to be a helpful guide last month, so we're happy to bring it to you again. There is some degree of cross-compatibility between Guitar Hero games, but it's hard to keep straight. Here's a list of what packs work with what games in addition to the game the pack is listed for. If the pack is not mentioned below, then it ONLY works in the game it is listed under.

All DLC in DJ Hero 1 may also be used in DJ Hero 2. This means the "Extended Mix Pack" will work in both games.

"Rock 1 Track Pack" works with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and Band Hero.

"Rise Against Track Pack" works with Band Hero, Warriors of Rock, and Guitar Hero 5.

This sale runs until Monday, August 6th.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I just picked up L4D 2 during the steam sale. I'm in no rush for Cold Stream for xbox so might just wait for a sale on it. 560 seems like too much for it.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually happy with the price, my buddy just picked up L4D2 and has never played the first. With that many maps included it seems like a deal, but if you already have the first it isn't nearly as good.

[quote name='sicsonic']I've been waiting for SkyDrift to drop to anything lower then 800, sure enough it's 800 and I don't have enough points right now.[/QUOTE]

Skydrift is really sweet, I got it for $7.50 on PSN and had a really good time with it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well if it is actually 560 MS points I might just trade my L4D1 in. BBY will give you $4.80 (with Unlocked) right now. So essentially it would cost me $2.20 to get the new campaign.

Twitter:

L4D Developer ‏@l4ddev
Cold Stream for Xbox is going to be delayed just a few days as we fix a few last min pieces. We apologize for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is currently giving $16 base for L4D1 and L4D2 so definitely go there. If you buy any cheap crappy used game it'll bump another 30% too, so for almost $21 bucks it's a no brainer. Dump that thing and pay the $7 bucks and you'll come out way ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back