Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Alrighty then...

Here's my Fibbage review. And I made a video that shows exactly how it works. Please check them out.
That looks like so much fun BUT such a major fail that they didn't make this playable over Live. Like WTF. That would make for such a fun online game, especially since you already have to log in to their website anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like so much fun BUT such a major fail that they didn't make this playable over Live. Like WTF. That would make for such a fun online game, especially since you already have to log in to their website anyways.
Yeah, pretty silly decision on the dev's part. But you can stream from twitch and have players in remote locations watch the stream in order to get the same effect.

I barely play my Xbox One but jesus christ when I do...... 9 days out of 10 I play PS3/PS4 but on the off chance I am not feeling anything on either system I fire up my One. On those nights I have a smile from ear to ear. My newest love is Crimson Dragon. Now at first I was expecting for free or 15$ if you do not have Gold it would be a quick 3-4hr romp through the levels much like Panzar Dragoon. Yea I was totally wrong the depth of what you can do in it + all the leaderboards + cool story + dragon leveling / evolving + playing with friends. Yea its great if you haven't played it do it. I think currently I am sitting at about 15hrs in the game trying to beat all of Spybreakers scores *S ranked a few he hasn't*

Sum of this rant which I am sorry for but couldn't make it in other forums due to being blasted for liking my One.  Thank you Xbox for having the BEST exclusives that make realize why I love gaming :)

Yeah crimson dragon is one game I really want to pick up when I rebuy an xbox one later this year
If you have a 360 with gold, just "buy" it on Xbox.com

Since this seems like the "general" thread for the bone, which would perform better using the pass through HDMI feature on the Xbone? A PS3 or a WiiU? (asking anyone who has experience with either/or)

Since this seems like the "general" thread for the bone, which would perform better using the pass through HDMI feature on the Xbone? A PS3 or a WiiU? (asking anyone who has experience with either/or)
The hdmi passthrough isn't ideal for any gaming platform as it creates input lag, best thing you can do is just test it and see if you can tolerate it or not.

I barely play my Xbox One but jesus christ when I do...... 9 days out of 10 I play PS3/PS4 but on the off chance I am not feeling anything on either system I fire up my One. On those nights I have a smile from ear to ear. My newest love is Crimson Dragon. Now at first I was expecting for free or 15$ if you do not have Gold it would be a quick 3-4hr romp through the levels much like Panzar Dragoon. Yea I was totally wrong the depth of what you can do in it + all the leaderboards + cool story + dragon leveling / evolving + playing with friends. Yea its great if you haven't played it do it. I think currently I am sitting at about 15hrs in the game trying to beat all of Spybreakers scores *S ranked a few he hasn't*

Sum of this rant which I am sorry for but couldn't make it in other forums due to being blasted for liking my One. Thank you Xbox for having the BEST exclusives that make realize why I love gaming :)
This is how I felt about Max and Peggle 2, both great exclusive games you can sink some time into that are a good deal of fun.

Do x-box voice commands work without Kinect and just a regular microphone?

Had my first real experience with X-One Dashboard and color me impressed. I like it more than the PS4 dashboard (except for the netflix app). Should be getting one next paycheck which will be in a week or two.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12040134" timestamp="1409072719"]does it really matter what he calls it? lol[/quote]
Well if we don't settle on one thing how will we know what to hashtag? ;-)

So I'm putting money aside for the xbox one when halo 5 eventually comes out.  Should I just craigslist one for $340 when I get enough or just wait for the halo 5 bundle?  Is there enough single player content to justify buying one? Don't feel like renewing my xbox live until halo 5.  Also anyone have any idea how I can change the hotmail account associated with my gamertag?   I have an email address that I acutally kinda use for bing rewards and stuff that I would like to make my gamertag account.  

Do x-box voice commands work without Kinect and just a regular microphone?

Had my first real experience with X-One Dashboard and color me impressed. I like it more than the PS4 dashboard (except for the netflix app). Should be getting one next paycheck which will be in a week or two.
I wanna turn with the sex box ohhh ho ha ha ha.

char_89058_thumb.jpg

The Kinect has algorithms, language recognition and other code built in for all the voice command goodness. A plain microphone does not. Developers wouldn't have a library of code to use, they'd have to start everything from scratch working with a headset. Example, Tom Clancy's End War, which I'd love to see again, that Ubisoft made for the Xbox 360.

NFS Rivals is on sale for 1/2 off on XBL now.  Any opinions on this one?  $20 was my buy price, but I have $25 of ms credit burning a hole in my pocket. 

I liked NFS Rivals okay. I played it right at launch and plan to come back to it when I find the time. One thing though, is the story is aggressively stupid. It actually makes the game worse. But he driving and racing are fun.

Well if we don't settle on one thing how will we know what to hashtag? ;-)
We don't even have to settle on it. The spelling has been there on the product package, game cases, website, and everywhere else since 2001. Free for all of us to see probably thousands of times by now.

I g-uess w-e coul-d st-art addin-g r-andom dash-es int-o wor-ds, tho-ugh, 'ca-use it- doesn-t ma-tter. ;)

We don't even have to settle on it. The spelling has been there on the product package, game cases, website, and everywhere else since 2001. Free for all of us to see probably thousands of times by now.

I g-uess w-e coul-d st-art addin-g r-andom dash-es int-o wor-ds, tho-ugh, 'ca-use it- doesn-t ma-tter. ;)
No one cares.

nitpicking.
While I do not agree with Paul's analogy of inserting random dashes into any word being the same, he's right about it being inaccurate. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it annoys me, but it's off-putting.

I get the impression that you're not concerned with grammar and punctuation on the forum, and that's fine. It's not like you spell things incorrectly or say idiotic things all the time; you simply don't always bother with punctuation or capitalization. I'm just saying that a lot of people are the opposite in that regard.

It's not the type of thing I'd mention normally, but I figured I'd throw in my two cents in this case. If you have any musical experience, think of it this way: reading a grammatically incorrect post can be likened to a trained ear hearing someone sing or play an off key tune. Maybe if you have seen the American Idol tryouts where someone gets all the words to the song right but doesn't hit any of the proper notes, you can equate it to that.

Stick it to the Man is coming out today. Downloadable platformer with story and puzzle elements, already available on PS4. I'll have a story and video on it soon.

No one cares.
You cared enough to make a useless reply. ~ ~

Is Forza 5 worth the pickup? I am really debating if I wanna grab it if I can find it cheap. I do enjoy racing games and I love Top Gear.

Right now when I get my One I will just have PvZ Garden Warfare. I know Forza Horizon 2 comes out this month as well but with Destiny and Hyrule Warriors, I don't want to buy another $60 game, lol.

Is Forza 5 worth the pickup? I am really debating if I wanna grab it if I can find it cheap. I do enjoy racing games and I love Top Gear.

Right now when I get my One I will just have PvZ Garden Warfare. I know Forza Horizon 2 comes out this month as well but with Destiny and Hyrule Warriors, I don't want to buy another $60 game, lol.
Forza 5 is the best racing sim on either X1/PS4 until Project Racing comes out this fall. That said, I wouldn't pay $60 for it today. It can be had used for about $20-$25. Alternatively, try CAG Trading for a digital code.

I liked NFS Rivals okay. I played it right at launch and plan to come back to it when I find the time. One thing though, is the story is aggressively stupid. It actually makes the game worse. But he driving and racing are fun.

Yeah but since when have any racing games had much of a story. To me it's just pick up and play, especially with Ridge Racer.

Games with Gold (September):

Xbox One:

Crimson Dragon (carry over so available now)

Super Time Force (9/1)

360:

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine (9/1)

Halo: Reach (9/16)

[quote name="RiPPn" post="12045843" timestamp="1409244011"]Games with Gold (September):

Xbox One:

Crimson Dragon (carry over so available now)
Super Time Force (9/1)

360:

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine (9/1)
Halo: Reach (9/16)[/quote]
Not bad. So I should never buy an indie game I'm interested in since they will always come to Gold?... I do hope the devs see some money out of this.

Has anyone picked up one of the handful of headsets available? If so, which one do you like the best?

I'm half tempted to pickup a nice pair of headphones and just buy a mic to go with it.

Has anyone picked up one of the handful of headsets available? If so, which one do you like the best?

I'm half tempted to pickup a nice pair of headphones and just buy a mic to go with it.
I've only used the one that comes with the Xbox One because without surround sound, it's just not worth it for me. The only headsets that I know of that provide surround sound for the Xbox One currently are the Astro A50s, but I may be wrong.

I previously owned the Turtle Beach XO Four's but ended up selling them down the road. Even if you don't own multiple consoles I'd recommend the PS4 Gold headset and the Xbox One headset adapter. They're definitely one of the most comfortable headsets I've used and the sound quality is great.

They also go on and off at TigerDirect for like $40 after rebate but those restocks are rare.

NFS Rivals is on sale for 1/2 off on XBL now. Any opinions on this one? $20 was my buy price, but I have $25 of ms credit burning a hole in my pocket.
That's the price I got it from Gamefly, enjoyed it a lot actually. Be best to turn off voice chat, that can get a little annoying depending on whom the game pairs you to for your game.

I've only used the one that comes with the Xbox One because without surround sound, it's just not worth it for me. The only headsets that I know of that provide surround sound for the Xbox One currently are the Astro A50s, but I may be wrong.
The A50's and a couple of the older TB headsets will as well. I play on a monitor with some really shitty speakers so while I would prefer surround sound I might grab a stereo set just to get by. $300 for a headset will get some rough looks from the wife :p

I previously owned the Turtle Beach XO Four's but ended up selling them down the road. Even if you don't own multiple consoles I'd recommend the PS4 Gold headset and the Xbox One headset adapter. They're definitely one of the most comfortable headsets I've used and the sound quality is great.

They also go on and off at TigerDirect for like $40 after rebate but those restocks are rare.
I will have to check these out. I read a couple of reviews and it seems like they do well on all platforms. I don't have a PS4, but I do some PC gaming so these might be perfect (looks like they would actually be wireless on PC as well).

Thanks. If I can't convince myself to get the A50's (dat price tag) these might be my best 'budget' bet.

It still annoys me that my extremely comfortable and affordable Microsoft Lifechat headset can be used for game/film audio and chat on PS4, but is incompatible with the Xbox One since Microsoft foolishly made it so that USB headsets are incompatible.

Does it sound just as good on the Xbox one as it does on the PS4? Surround sound?

It still annoys me that my extremely comfortable and affordable Microsoft Lifechat headset can be used for game/film audio and chat on PS4, but is incompatible with the Xbox One since Microsoft foolishly made it so that USB headsets are incompatible.
I thought it used USB unless it's a proprietary port used on the controllers?

bread's done
Back