Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

It's just kind of funny since my headset was manufactured Microsoft and touts its ease of use with Skype... yet I can't even use it for Skype on my Microsoft console.

Does it sound just as good on the Xbox one as it does on the PS4? Surround sound?
Stereo only and requires the headset adapter. From what I can find the options for X1 and Surround Sound are -

• Turtle Beach X42, XP-Seven, XP510, XP400, PX4
  • Astro A40 and A50
  • Tritton PRO+, 720+
  • Skullcandy PLYR 1
  • SteelSeries H
But according to the guide on Reddit all of those still require the stereo headset adapter if you want to use them for chat. Turtle Beach offers up a connection guide for all of their compatible headsets as well - http://www.turtlebeach.com/xbox-one-console-compatibility

Basically after all this research I just want to punch MS in the throat. Why wasn't there any forethought put into headsets?

Dummbbbbb . . . they made the Dying Light video private! Bastards!

That other game looks okay though. But I wanted to see new Dying Light stuff. Mmmmm . . .
That is really lame of them! They specifically sent out the link to that video for us to use for stories. I replaced the video with a trailer in my story.

Sorry, could care less about Madden but Geometry Wars! http://www.trueachievements.com/n18113/geometry-wars-3-dimensions-platforms-announced.htm
GWs is like Pac-Man.
Of course you could care less. :)

caring.png

I'm pumped for Geometry Wars too.

So by Geometry Wars having 3D backgrounds, does that mean they are just adding in stuff moving around behind to the normal 2D shapes, or will the game actually be in 3D? I hope (but doubt) it is the latter, but that would certainly make the game a whole lot better.

So I got a new monitor for my ps4 and now want a new headset. Has anyone used the PS gold headset on the xbone? That's the one I'm most interested in but want it to work on everything

So I got a new monitor for my ps4 and now want a new headset. Has anyone used the PS gold headset on the xbone? That's the one I'm most interested in but want it to work on everything
Will work but you'll need the stereo headset adapter and you won't have the virtual surround sound like on PS4

Will work but you'll need the stereo headset adapter and you won't have the virtual surround sound like on PS4
Any recommendation for a wireless headset that will work with everything from now until the end of time? I'm not too concerned about chat since I'm kinda a loner.

Any recommendation for a wireless headset that will work with everything from now until the end of time? I'm not too concerned about chat since I'm kinda a loner.
Not really. The PX4 from Turtle Beach and the Astro A50s can both be wireless on either system (you would need the headset adapter if you EVER want to chat), but they are $$$$.

Remember the wire is running straight to your controller, not to the system like last-gen. At least for me, the 3ft wire isn't a big deal, it may be for you though. I don't really care about chat either, so I went with the headset adapter and a standard set of cans, the superlux hd681 evo to be exact. We'll see how it goes...

Not really. The PX4 from Turtle Beach and the Astro A50s can both be wireless on either system (you would need the headset adapter if you EVER want to chat), but they are $$$$.

Remember the wire is running straight to your controller, not to the system like last-gen. At least for me, the 3ft wire isn't a big deal, it may be for you though. I don't really care about chat either, so I went with the headset adapter and a standard set of cans, the superlux hd681 evo to be exact. We'll see how it goes...
3 foot wire isn't a big deal but needing something like http://www.amazon.com/E6-Fujiyama-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B005HJWWW8 in between for a volume boost kinda is. I do have one of those sitting unused in a drawer though I might just test out before spending more money

Lococyle on sale for $5.99 and Child of Light for $10.04.  I bought both.  It's good to see X1 games becoming a part of the weekly rotation of game sales. 

Yeah, that's pretty awesome news for me. I played the shit out of NFS Rivals soon after the PS4 launched. Once my few good friends who played it moved on to other games, I was left to play with strangers. I still own that version, but now I'll have a much wider array of friends and CAGs to potentially race against on Xbox Live.

Warframe is out now, for free, and it's really good! A third-person shooter/MMO with tons and tons of stuff to do.

Dance Central Spotlight ($10) and Orochi Warriors 3 launched as well. A couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqbfa0-qH6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UqaNqlHolU

Yeah I'm sure 1080p 60fps will make any difference for a game that looks like it's out of the stone ages of gaming
It certainly will affect the UI, to say nothing of the size of the worlds players can create and explore, and four-player split-screen mode. And dang dude, calling the Playstation One games (which ran at 480i, a lot less than 1080p, by the way) that came out before you were born stone-aged is just cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warframe is out now, for free, and it's really good! A third-person shooter/MMO with tons and tons of stuff to do.

Dance Central Spotlight ($10) and Orochi Warriors 3 launched as well. A couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqbfa0-qH6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UqaNqlHolU

It certainly will affect the UI, to say nothing of the size of the worlds players can create and explore, and four-player split-screen mode. And dang dude, calling the Playstation One games (which ran at 480i, a lot less than 1080p, by the way) that came out before you were born stone-aged is just cold.
Nah man putting makeup on a pig doesn't make it less of a pig. And I was alive when the ps1 was out doesn't mean i want to play games with that level graphics. I don't spend $400 on new tech to replicate something I can get for $5 at a garage sale.

ouch

On topic I'm looking forward to Minecraft on PS4 and Vita.  While the graphics may not be cutting edge, these types of games can be a joy to play.  Terraria is one of my favorite games of all time (I own it on almost every platform), plays fantastically on the Vita, and has a similar style.  Pixel-art style games can be great when well done, and there have been a lot of good ones lately!

I was kidding about not being born yet, El Swordo. :)

ouch

On topic I'm looking forward to Minecraft on PS4 and Vita. While the graphics may not be cutting edge, these types of games can be a joy to play. Terraria is one of my favorite games of all time (I own it on almost every platform), plays fantastically on the Vita, and has a similar style. Pixel-art style games can be great when well done, and there have been a lot of good ones lately!
Exactly! Do you own the Xbox 360 version? $5 for the upgrade to Xbox One is an unusually fair price.

Yeah, I'm happy about that. I haven't played Minecraft in many moons, so it will be interesting to see all the changes from the various updates. Also, 1,000 new achievement points available!

Keep the vids coming! What capture device/card do you use to record XB1 gameplay? Thanks in advance.

Pinball FX 2 and Minecraft on Xbox One now, I'm a happy camper. Just wish the system updates weren't so big.

[quote name="Spybreak9" post="12063482" timestamp="1409796240"]Pinball FX 2 and Minecraft on Xbox One now, I'm a happy camper. Just wish the system updates weren't so big.[/quote]
Thanks for mentioning the Pinball FX 2 thing! I somehow missed that releasing. Score.

Motherfucker. So, I installed Pinball FX 2. Successfully imported some tables, so I said "Meh, I'll go to my 360 and buy the Walking Dead table. Crossbuy seems to be working, so this will rock."

Yeah . . . no warning anywhere except on the official forums:

Update regarding new releases being added to Xbox One: The Walking Dead Pinball table will not be able to import from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at launch. We are continuing to work with Microsoft in regards to how new tables will transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but no decision has been finalized at this point. If we can make it happen, the imports/transfers would go from Xbox 360 to Xbox One only, as we are doing now with legacy content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
fucking bullshit. They could've plastered that warning in their damn game. Or on the DLC. Or *ANYHWERE* that it would be viewed by the majority playing the damn game without having to seek out the information! So.angry. Only $2.99, but it's the damn principle.

Thinking about getting my One on Saturday. Going to trade in around $100-150 of games to put towards it and get it wherever I trade in at. Deciding if I should trade in at BB or Gamestop. Any thoughts because I want to maximize my cash to put towards the One?

Thinking about getting my One on Saturday. Going to trade in around $100-150 of games to put towards it and get it wherever I trade in at. Deciding if I should trade in at BB or Gamestop. Any thoughts because I want to maximize my cash to put towards the One?
You should've done it last week with the 50% bonus at GS.

I was kidding about not being born yet, El Swordo. :)
Exactly! Do you own the Xbox 360 version? $5 for the upgrade to Xbox One is an unusually fair price.
I do own the 360 retail version (still sealed, waited for PS4 version when I heard it was coming out). Don't own an XB1 yet, will be getting the PSN versions. Especially looking forward to the Vita version, but PS4 also for the larger worlds.

Wait till next week. Best Buy will be giving a free game and a free membership to GCU with purchase of a console.

yeah can do the trade in now.

Im likely going to get an xbox next week. Was waiting till black friday but I have a 10% off coupon at Best buy plus ill get the madden bundle, try and sell the code for $40 and then get destiny as the free game and just sell that for $40 or trade it in somewhere

Motherfucker. So, I installed Pinball FX 2. Successfully imported some tables, so I said "Meh, I'll go to my 360 and buy the Walking Dead table. Crossbuy seems to be working, so this will rock."

Yeah . . . no warning anywhere except on the official forums:

fucking bullshit. They could've plastered that warning in their damn game. Or on the DLC. Or *ANYHWERE* that it would be viewed by the majority playing the damn game without having to seek out the information! So.angry. Only $2.99, but it's the damn principle.
Mmm, yeah probably major license thing there but I do agree with you it should have been clearer. They're bringing more and more tables so hopefully it will eventually head on to the Xbox One. Thanks for telling me though, I didn't grab that or the Deadpool tables, all the others are on my Xbox 360 lol.

So are they ever going to fix the hours/time played with games when comparing to friends?

For example, my friend has 43 minutes played on peggle 2 while I have 405+ hours. lol.

Also Diablo:ROS is not tracking at all. But when I check the new xbox live rewards It's my most played game? lol?

[quote name="David Hibiki" post="12065243" timestamp="1409861016"]So are they ever going to fix the hours/time played with games when comparing to friends?
For example, my friend has 43 minutes played on peggle 2 while I have 405+ hours. lol.
Also Diablo:ROS is not tracking at all. But when I check the new xbox live rewards It's my most played game? lol?[/quote]
For a long time mine said I'd played 17 minutes of Diablo. Even after I beat it...

Going to trade in my shit to GS tonight. Should get enough credit to pay for at least half of it. Plus I have a $25 GS PUR coupon that is going towards it.

Is there any way to get a cheaper play and charge kit? The fact that I need to buy one annoys the hell out of me but whatever.

bread's done
Back