Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12067198" timestamp="1409917903"]Going to trade in my shit to GS tonight. Should get enough credit to pay for at least half of it. Plus I have a $25 GS PUR coupon that is going towards it.

Is there any way to get a cheaper play and charge kit? The fact that I need to buy one annoys the hell out of me but whatever.[/quote]

They'll occasionally appear on AWD that's how I got mine. Also check GS for a used one.

I just plug in my controller with the USB cable that I use to charge my phone. It's long enough not to be a hassle and I can still use AA if I ever want to go wireless.

Motherfucker. So, I installed Pinball FX 2. Successfully imported some tables, so I said "Meh, I'll go to my 360 and buy the Walking Dead table. Crossbuy seems to be working, so this will rock."

Yeah . . . no warning anywhere except on the official forums:

fucking bullshit. They could've plastered that warning in their damn game. Or on the DLC. Or *ANYHWERE* that it would be viewed by the majority playing the damn game without having to seek out the information! So.angry. Only $2.99, but it's the damn principle.
I did the exact same thing. In the end it's only $2.99, but they should have warned people. I immeditaly turned around and spent an additional $2.99 to buy it on my Xbox One so they made an extra $3 bucks on me for that table. That said, I own all of the tables for FX2 and all of them transfered to my XBox One without issue so in that regards, I am ecstatic as they were talking about people having to rebuy all the tables at one point. Pinball FX 2 is one of my favorite Xbox games, but I would not have been ok with repurchasing all of the tables. I am really happy that they were able to find a work around that let people transfer the tables. It was without question, the right move to make. So all in all, I am really happy with Pinball FX 2. The $2.99 sucked, but its minor in the big picture.

Going to trade in my shit to GS tonight. Should get enough credit to pay for at least half of it. Plus I have a $25 GS PUR coupon that is going towards it.

Is there any way to get a cheaper play and charge kit? The fact that I need to buy one annoys the hell out of me but whatever.
skip that shit and buy rechargeable aa eneloop batteries. they last forever and you can swap them out in 10 seconds when they eventually die

skip that shit and buy rechargeable aa eneloop batteries. they last forever and you can swap them out in 10 seconds when they eventually die
^^ This. The rechargeable, "pre-charged" NIMH batteries like Eneloops and Duracell precharged are fantastic batteries, much better than the older style NIMH batteries that stopped charging within a relatively short period of time. I use them for all kinds of things, both AAA and AA, and have been very happy with them.

The "non-precharged" NIMH batteries, on the other hand, are junk. Don't bother with them.

Mmm, yeah probably major license thing there but I do agree with you it should have been clearer. They're bringing more and more tables so hopefully it will eventually head on to the Xbox One. Thanks for telling me though, I didn't grab that or the Deadpool tables, all the others are on my Xbox 360 lol.
I had an issue with it on my Android phone. I bought it outside of the main game (Amazon app store) and when I went to download it, I was told it's not compatible with my phone, with no warning prior to buying it. But from in-game, it works, but required me to buy it again. Luckily I used my free Amazon Coins for it, so I'm not upset - just annoyed.

What I am leery about with the Day 1 required patch is that I know at one point I may have to remove the game from the HD to make room for another game, and if I eventually come back to it at a later date and time, the content or servers themselves may no longer be accessible if the game or console is no longer supported.

The other potential issue I see is a release day debacle like that with SimCity where the servers get bogged down and it is near impossible to download the content. Either way I just don't see this as being a win situation for the consumer.

Now if it was just extra DLC that was not necessarily required to play FORZA I would have no issue with it. Many Collector Editions of games come with DLC anyways so its no big deal. We already have that in place. I just hope this is the exception and not the norm for XBone releases.
by the time a game is old enough to not be on servers anymore if I really need to play it I'll go buy a dirt cheap disc copy

anyone with ea access rivals is now free in vault
I'm surprised this went live already. EA Made it sound like it wasn't coming for a few weeks at the least. I know not everybody has EA Access but it seems kind of stupid for EA to put the game up for $25 on the Xbox Store and only like two weeks later (If that) make it free for all EA Access members.

[quote name="Kazeno Katana" post="12068351" timestamp="1409944140"]I'm surprised this went live already. EA Made it sound like it wasn't coming for a few weeks at the least. I know not everybody has EA Access but it seems kind of stupid for EA to put the game up for $25 on the Xbox Store and only like two weeks later (If that) make it free for all EA Access members.[/quote]
I'd call it a good move by EA. It's an incentive to fork up the small amount of money Rivals would normally cost towards EA Access. Either way, they get the money and a person that is more likely to purchase DLC.

Wow

Now that the EA Access trial period has started, Xbox One players have noticed that the list of missing modes and features in next-gen NHL 15 is much larger than previously expected. In a prior interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, some of these were hinted at but not fully disclosed, but the depth of some of the gutted features seems to be larger than initially anticipated. The following items are features which users have noticed are missing while playing the early access to NHL 15 -- keep in mind this information is preliminary and some of these could actually be in the game but well hidden. With just six hours of time to test, it doesn't leave much room to explore:

Modes/Features

• No GM Connected
  • No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)
  • No EA Sports Hockey League
  • No EA Sports Arena
  • No Online Shootouts
  • No Live the Life
  • No Be A Legend
  • No Winter Classic
  • No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
  • No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)
  • No NHL 94 Anniversary mode
  • No custom music support
  • No create-a-play designer
  • Cannot customize each team's AI
  • No create-a-team
  • No way to edit individual players
  • Practice mode is now limited to one skater vs. an AI goalie
Gameplay

• No custom camera option
  • No Action Tracker replay highlights
  • No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.
Be A GM

• Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU
  • Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise
  • Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats
  • No fantasy draft option
  • No preseason games
Be A Pro

• No option to sim ahead to the next shift
  • You only play in the NHL; you cannot play for minor league teams
  • The Memorial Cup tryout period is gone. You now begin by picking an NHL team, or by letting a random CPU team draft you.
  • No All-Star game
Ultimate Team

• Cannot play against your friends
  • No tournaments
  • No mobile app
All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.

So I think I'm gonna sell my ps3 and buy the sunset overdrive bundle.   Will I still get forza or something free?    Also should I go gamestop or 3rd party to sell the ps3?   

Destroy and rebuild, NHl 16 is primed to be the best hockey game of all-time next year with that nonsense.

All of the above features were available last year in NHL 14 for the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 but appear to be missing this year on the new-generation of consoles. If you have NHL 15 early access and have noticed any of these are actually in the game or if anything additional is missing let us know in the comments below.
Don't forget to link to the source, dude.

I'm surprised this went live already. EA Made it sound like it wasn't coming for a few weeks at the least. I know not everybody has EA Access but it seems kind of stupid for EA to put the game up for $25 on the Xbox Store and only like two weeks later (If that) make it free for all EA Access members.
They had four games at most that could've been added to the vault, so all members should be wary about buying any of their older games when they go on sale because it's kind of obvious what will probably be added to the vault for free at some point.

So since I plan on getting fifa for sure and i am a hockey fan as well should I just hold off until I get the ssod bundle next month and get the ea access for both?  Was just gonna use my $30 psn credit on the ps4 dl copy.   I do have 2 years of ps+ and don't really need gold until halo 5 comes out and i only play fifa online. 

So since I plan on getting fifa for sure and i am a hockey fan as well should I just hold off until I get the ssod bundle next month and get the ea access for both? Was just gonna use my $30 psn credit on the ps4 dl copy. I do have 2 years of ps+ and don't really need gold until halo 5 comes out and i only play fifa online.
EA Access isn't going to do anything for you if you want FIFA 15 and NHL 15 besides letting you play them for six hours before buying them, though I don't know if they continue offering the early access versions of those games after they're out. Those games aren't going to be free for EA Access for a long time anyway, so you'd have to have interest in the current games in the vault ([SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Battlefield 4, [/SIZE]FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Need for Speed Rivals, and [/SIZE]Peggle 2) to make it worth it.

EA Access isn't going to do anything for you if you want FIFA 15 and NHL 15 besides letting you play them for six hours before buying them, though I don't know if they continue offering the early access versions of those games after they're out. Those games aren't going to be free for EA Access for a long time anyway, so you'd have to have interest in the current games in the vault ([SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Battlefield 4, [/SIZE]FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, [SIZE=14.2857141494751px]Need for Speed Rivals, and [/SIZE]Peggle 2) to make it worth it.
I do have Interest in peggle 2, have zero interest in playing madden when nhl and fifa are both better sports games, and if i cared about battlefield or nfs I wouldn't have sold my ps4 copies. What does peggle 2 cost on the store anyway just trying to determine the price difference between just the one game and ea access. Oh and do you think the system will get a price cut anywhere between now and halo 5? I did the math and all i have to do is set aside $20 from each paycheck and I'll have enough cash by the time sunset overdrive comes out and I'm high on the seniority list at work so I get extra shifts before others. If it's not likely to be any cheaper then i might as well just get it now right and get a whole extra year of xbone gaming for same price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have Interest in peggle 2, have zero interest in playing madden when nhl and fifa are both better sports games, and if i cared about battlefield or nfs I wouldn't have sold my ps4 copies. What does peggle 2 cost on the store anyway just trying to determine the price difference between just the one game and ea access
Peggle 2 is $12.

Peggle 2 is $12.
Ah so $18 difference. I've tried getting into battlefied before and the games always just collected dust so i'd basically get rivals for $18? I do kinda want another racer and I'm selling my ps3 and won't be able to play paradise anymore. Last question hopefully. I'm tempted by the ssod bundle but they have this deal going on where you can get a free game with the console. So I could buy a madden bundle and sell both copies of madden. Not sure what I could actually get for them since the market will probably be flooded now. Do I stick to my guns and get the ssod bundle or bite on one of these deals?

I like how all the sites keep saying the "EA Access version of NHL 15" like it's going to be a completely different game. Um nope, maybe in patches or dlc, but that's the final game fellas. I'm glad I got EA access. It saved me $60 from buying NHL with that full version.

Also, from what I hear, the games are suppose to hit the vault once the season ends.

I have a headset question. Does Microsoft allow any headset on the one, assuming it has a 3.5 mm jack? I know I need the adapter but I do have a old plantronics gaming headset from my PC that I could easily repurpose for the one.

Thanks

Your choice really, I don't expect the Black Friday deals to be that much better than what is being offered now.

From the demo I played (PS4) it looks really good (some player faces still look really off) but id glad take lower res if it meant not losing features.

Sadly, seems like they went with both this time lol

You probably have about 10 faces that are spot on. The rest are just horrible. JT Brown is mocha, but in the game he is white. It's makes you wonder, who checks on this stuff? Is a simple Google image search too hard?

Got my One.

Tried Forza 5 at my gf's since she downloaded it, and wow I understand why Forza is amazing. I am still up in the air if I wanna buy Forza 5 or just get Horizon 2 when it comes out. Anyone have opinions on the matter? Only reason I am still up in the air with F5 is lack of tracks vs open world.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12075763" timestamp="1410176293"]Got my One.

Tried Forza 5 at my gf's since she downloaded it, and wow I understand why Forza is amazing. I am still up in the air if I wanna buy Forza 5 or just get Horizon 2 when it comes out. Anyone have opinions on the matter? Only reason I am still up in the air with F5 is lack of tracks vs open world.[/quote]

They are very different games. Forza 5 is a sim racer (similar to GT) meanwhile FH2 is an open world arcade racer more akin to Burnout/Drive Club/NFS etc. You should be able to find Forza5 used sub $25. I would recommend signing up for EA access as you'll get BF4, NFS, FIFA, Madden and Peggle 2 for $30. That should tidy you over for a bit.

You would think they would have learned from their mistakes.
The Madden team certainly did. I believe there is 100% feature parity between current/last gen.

Got my One.

Tried Forza 5 at my gf's since she downloaded it, and wow I understand why Forza is amazing. I am still up in the air if I wanna buy Forza 5 or just get Horizon 2 when it comes out. Anyone have opinions on the matter? Only reason I am still up in the air with F5 is lack of tracks vs open world.
Forza 5 is a lot of fun but can get repetitive unless you are really into sim racing. My vote would be on Horizon 2, but if you are price conscious Forza 5 will be cheaper and you can get it now.

I have a headset question. Does Microsoft allow any headset on the one, assuming it has a 3.5 mm jack? I know I need the adapter but I do have a old plantronics gaming headset from my PC that I could easily repurpose for the one.

Thanks
Yes, not 100% if the mic will work though.

Yea all the sports learned their lessons, except NHL!

I found this interview last year with the producer on why they were taking a year off...

I know there’s not going to be a next-generation version of NHL 14 this year. Was there a reason for this? Was there not enough lead time up to when your studio got the final build of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4? Or did you want to just make sure you had a better quality product to put out the following year?

Sean Ramjagsingh: We wanted to be focused on putting out the best game for this console generation. It’s fantastic that we focused all of our efforts on PS3 and 360. The great thing about EA Sports right now is the sharing that we’re doing. The UFC and FIFA franchises; those guys are figuring out how to develop for next-generation consoles and the technological challenges that come with developing for new consoles.

So they have to figure that part out and then build features on top of that. For us, since we’re coming in later on, we won’t have to battle all those technological issues because they’ve figured them out already. This lets us focus more on the features which is something fans can appreciate…
Are you flipping kidding me, I would somewhat understand if this was the game we had received last year at launch, but for them to take a year off and not bring us new or even the same?! Uncalled for!

FIFA 14, Madden 25, and NBA 2k14 still brought us a ton of content on their first try while still making last gen titles. What is NHL's excuse?

^ came down to money and time I'm sure. They probably decided "we can work 60 hour weeks and get it full, or cut some features and work 40."

Probably a simple numbers game.

They lost a ton of sales though, hopefully the numbers worked out in the end.

^ came down to money and time I'm sure. They probably decided "we can work 60 hour weeks and get it full, or cut some features and work 40."

Probably a simple numbers game.

They lost a ton of sales though, hopefully the numbers worked out in the end.
but two years worth? if the other teams have no problems doing I can't see what they had so much and literally couldn't put anything in the game. Not to mention, but now the producer is saying they have for the first time ever franchise draft coming to NHL 15 in October... really first time ever?

Got my One.

I'd say get Horizon 2 instead I got bored really quickly in Forza 5 and part of the reason why was because I felt like after doing 10 races in Campaign mode I had basically seen all of the tracks the game had to offer. I know I didn't of course but really most of them are just variations onto other ones and it got boring looking at the same scenery really quickly.

Wait can I not play a season with my favorite team in nhl 15?  I just got back from paying it off at gamestop.   That is literally the only mode I'm likely to play on the game.  Should I just grab destiny instead if i'm already getting fifa in 2 weeks?

You can do franchise with NHL teams, but no single season mode. Can't play franchise with any teams except NHL.
Well I don't really care about playing non nhl teams. And don't really care about single season mode as long as I can play a regular season I don't particularly care what the mode is called.

Question I have a weird setup that involves a computer monitor, ps4, and cable box.  I plan on getting an xbox one soon.   I rarerly ever watch tv but the best inelegant solution I have found is to use my old x12s to the back of the cable box rca ports and plug the usb port into my laptop. If I got the xbox one all the audio for the tv would pass through the xbox one correct?   And since the ps gold headset has a 3.5mm output all I would have to do is hook the the headset up to the xbox one controller? That is the headset I'm thinking of picking up 

Question I have a weird setup that involves a computer monitor, ps4, and cable box. I plan on getting an xbox one soon. I rarerly ever watch tv but the best inelegant solution I have found is to use my old x12s to the back of the cable box rca ports and plug the usb port into my laptop. If I got the xbox one all the audio for the tv would pass through the xbox one correct? And since the ps gold headset has a 3.5mm output all I would have to do is hook the the headset up to the xbox one controller? That is the headset I'm thinking of picking up
It sounds like the best setup would be to run an HDMI cable from the cablebox to the X1, that should take care of it both your video and audio. The Gold Headset works great with the X1 but you'll need to pick up the adapter.

bread's done
Back