90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

[quote name='hardwo0d']...and some other things that are not noteworthy...[/quote]

Don't be ashamed to say you got Britney's Dance Beat if you got it.

I'd recommend going back tomorrow. At 4PM, mine was just getting around to green tagging them, but the games were already ringing up 90% off.

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='Nephets']Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

Um, yeah, not what happened to me.

I was excited as I had a lot of games in my hand, SH3 (an extra copy), MOH, two spice controllers, and a bunch of games from the list. No greentags, they got rung up and NONE of them were 90 percent off.

I said "this has to be wrong", but of course in TRU the customer is never close to being right.

Ugh, I drove out so far only to be utterly disappointed by the fact they had a ton of stuff, but NOTHING rung up 90 percent off.

That list that was posted apparently doesn't apply to this. Only Dreamcast, 4 year old sports games.[/quote]

Yea. printed out the list too. I thought I had scored huge b/c one TRU I went to had about 10 of the games on the list, and that was just from the gamecube section. Before I was going to look through the PS2 section, I tried to get them all price checked, but none came up as 90% off. They were just regular price. Some of those I specifically remember picking up when it was only 50% off. Too bad they didn't work. I would've had the best score ever!![/quote]

Oy, I was so disappointed. I could have gotten Mad Maestro for 1 buck, but I didn't bother.

[quote name='Nephets']Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

I was excited as I had a lot of games in my hand, SH3 (an extra copy), MOH, two spice controllers, and a bunch of games from the list. No greentags, they got rung up and NONE of them were 90 percent off.

I said "this has to be wrong", but of course in TRU the customer is never close to being right.

Ugh, I drove out so far only to be utterly disappointed by the fact they had a ton of stuff, but NOTHING rung up 90 percent off.

That list that was posted apparently doesn't apply to this. Only Dreamcast, 4 year old sports games.[/quote]

Yeah, I too tried to get the Spice controllers, but they were full price

[quote name='Scorch']I'd recommend going back tomorrow. At 4PM, mine was just getting around to green tagging them, but the games were already ringing up 90% off.[/quote]

But wouldn't they have already rung up 90 percent off, just without the greentag sticker?

btw, if anyone still wants eternal darkness and their local TRU doesn't have it, I could go pick some up - my TRU had a stack.
PM me if you want a copy.

My TRU didn't have much. I think maybe 3 different games were left: Eternal Darkness and two sports games. I got 3 strategy guides (2 free, one a penny) and two of those GameCube screens @ $4 a piece.

I'm going to a different TRU this weekend; hopefully they'll have something good.

TRU in St Louis

Hwy 55 and 270
PSone screen for $10 (I think I got the last one)
Xbox Sega Sports games, I think $15-20 before discount
They had some older PS1 games (Oddworld...) for $15 before discount
Xbox RCA Cable (Not sure of the price)
I didn't see any PS2 games greentagged other than Primal

Lindbergh and Watson
One bin outside the R-zone, bunch of primal PS2 and not much else
Some of the "greentag" games seem to be only discounted inside the R-Zone
12 AAA Rayovac Batteries - $0.70 after discount
PS2 Optical Audio Cables - $1
I think they also had some PSone cables for the screen

Lindbergh and 70
Intec Ps2 aluminum case is now $6 (not greentagged, but discounted)
Dreamcast NHL 2k2 - $2
Dreamcast Sports pack - I think marked $12 before discount
Game guides - Soul Calibur (1), Jedi (3), Some Zelda one (1), Max Payne
Some E-reader cards
2 Gamecube Battery Packs for $40 before discount
Mix-Man DM2 marked $60 before greentag discount (old version, I believe serial input)

I have a question about the intec screen - The reviews for them seem to be only so-so, are the PSone and Xbox screens worth $10-15? Anyone try them out yet?

Back from the one in Lake Charles LA

Most green tags are gone except some sports games (particularly NHL)

Here is what I picked up though

Headhunter (PS2) - $3 (Wasn't green tagged, ticket said $29.98 but rang up 2.99)
Sega Soccer Slam (GCN) - $2
Segasports Tennis (PS2) - $5
Monopoly Party (XBOX) - $3
Dragon's Lair Deluxe (PC) - $1

Subtotal : $14.00 + tax
Saved: $125.94

[quote name='cag1000']
Hey were there any more typing of the dead or soul caliber 2 guides at the rt. 1 tru?????? thats shaq-fued up i just bought souls caliber 2 from there on sat and didnt see the guide[/quote]

I think that was the last Typing of the Dead. It had the older price tag on the backas if they found it in the basement and decided to get rid of it.

As for the SC2 guides, there were too many to count. They are shoved on a display rack in front of the R-Zone. Most were bent out of shape, but I think you'd be able to find a good one.

[quote name='Nephets']Nothing much, unless you want Mad Maestro or 50 copies of Eternal Darkness and World Series 2K1.[/quote]

Oh, phew I don't know if my wallet could handle anything else if there were more items brought on to the sale like I thought. I thought there wasn't going to be much in this sale, my TRUs are mostly cleaned out.

I already own Eternal Darkness and really don't care too much about World Series 2k1 but Mad Maestro might be worth a look if I can make it out.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Scorch']I'd recommend going back tomorrow. At 4PM, mine was just getting around to green tagging them, but the games were already ringing up 90% off.[/quote]

But wouldn't they have already rung up 90 percent off, just without the greentag sticker?[/quote]

Yeah, but their system might not be updated.. or.. something. When the stuff is being rung up, if you can see their scanner (they usually have one facing you), it should look like

PS2 PRIMAL
PROMO $1.99

Look for the "Promo" tag.

Nothing much, unless you want Mad Maestro or 50 copies of Eternal Darkness and World Series 2K1.

Hey, speak for yourself! Fatal Frame for $3.99, an LCD screen for $5, and two copies of King of Fighters 00/01 (both sold) for $3 each, I think I did pretty damn good!

my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
GBA E-Reader Donkey Kong 3 and Clu Clu Land
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Star Wars Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
PS2 Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC No One Lives Forever 2
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

and i got Arc the Lad for $8.

I saved $271.46

[quote name='Scorch']
Nothing much, unless you want Mad Maestro or 50 copies of Eternal Darkness and World Series 2K1.

Hey, speak for yourself! Fatal Frame for $3.99, an LCD screen for $5, and two copies of King of Fighters 00/01 (both sold) for $3 each, I think I did pretty damn good![/quote]

At the initial TRU 50% off sale, my TRU had already sol dout of Fatal Frame 1 or 2 and had sold out of all of their KoF 00/01 saying some guy came in and hoarded most of them :?. I did pick up some toher stuff at that one but if I do go again to check it out, I don't expect on seeing much of anything.

The haul I got from the alhambra and l.a.,ca store was
mad maestro x2 $1
Primal x2 1.50
Fantavision 1.00
Devil May cry 5.00
Gladius 5.00
ejay clubworld 1.00
mojo 1.00
the extra copies I bought for my friend who couldn't go, but everything else I am going to trade in after I played them...yes I am actually going to play them all.

Wow. Just wow. Visited the local TRU today, and they had shit on the shelves. Absolutley nothing there. Nothing. And, what few green tags were there (all they had were PS1 games) were only marked to 70%. I don't even know why I bothered. I knew they wouldn't have anything...

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

I saved $271.46[/quote]

Nice haul! I wish I found PSO 2, Quake 3, and Yuri's Revenge

[quote name='Nephets']Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

Yeah, I was pretty much shutout as well.

Welcome to YMMV :roll:

I did get some nice finds with the "magic" coupon in Dec. (it was good for $10 off two games under $19.99). Clearance games were $3 and greentag games were free. I didn't find many green tags at that time . . . so now, none are left.

Picked up some accessories and only one game at the Tallahassee TRU. I ran into a bunch of CARs (Cheap Ass Resellers) but they seemed depressed because there wasn't much left. A lot of games are still ringing up full price (i.e. Mojo for $10). What was green tagged is all gone for now though.

Intec Game, Audio & Video Selector for PS2 (2) - $2.00
Intec DVD Remote, Multitap & Vertical Stand for PS2 (2) - $3.00
Intec 5.4" Color Game Screen for Xbox - $14.99
Intec Rechargeable Battery Pak for Gamecube (Platinum) - $5.48
E-Reader with Donkey Kong - $4.00
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker guide - $1.50
Dreamcast Sports Bundle (3) - $1.20
Outlaw Golf (GC) - $2.00

All up FT. PM me if interested. I'm looking to swap the Platinum battery for an Indigo one.

[quote name='yeldarb367']
Dreamcast Sports Bundle (3) - $1.20[/quote]

Crap. I forgot about the selector, and the sports packs at my TRU didnt have a green tag. Poo.

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='Nephets']Didn't someone say the GCN spice controllers were on sale?

Yeah, I was pretty much shutout as well.

Welcome to YMMV :roll:

I did get some nice finds with the "magic" coupon in Dec. (it was good for $10 off two games under $19.99). Clearance games were $3 and greentag games were free. I didn't find many green tags at that time . . . so now, none are left.[/quote]

I don't even think anything was 90 percent off at our store...

[quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='yeldarb367']
Dreamcast Sports Bundle (3) - $1.20[/quote]

Crap. I forgot about the selector, and the sports packs at my TRU didnt have a green tag. Poo.[/quote]

If you want a sports pack PM me.

whoa..

to the folks getting jak and daxter, was it a greatest hits title?

I would love to snag a copy of that

[quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

I saved $271.46[/quote]

Nice haul! I wish I found PSO 2, Quake 3, and Yuri's Revenge[/quote]

PSO2 is hard to find? My TRU has a bunch...

[quote name='gsr']whoa..

I would love to snag a copy of that[/quote]

Jak and Daxter is on sale? I really should ask them to check prices...

[quote name='gsr']whoa..

I am alsocurious about Jak & Daxter... and what about Rachet and Clank? Do they have to be non-GH?

Also, are the PSOne LCD Combos (the ones with the system included) 90% off??

I only got Homeworld 2 for $2 and a Soul Calibur 2 guide for $.070. Tried Jak & Daxter (GH), but it came up full price, would really like this if anyone is able to get an extra. This was at the Culver city Target.

[quote name='msdmoney']I only got Homeworld 2 for $2 and a Soul Calibur 2 guide for $.070. Tried Jak & Daxter (GH), but it came up full price, would really like this if anyone is able to get an extra. This was at the Culver city Target.[/quote]
...ummm...Target?

I just called TRU and they said that they only have some PS1 games for 90% off, no GCN or PS2 games on 90% off. Should I still bother going to TRU or not?

[quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

I saved $271.46[/quote]

PSO2 is hard to find? My TRU has a bunch...[/quote]

Wanna pick one up for me? It is 90% off at yours, right?

[quote name='c'][quote name='gsr']whoa..

I am alsocurious about Jak & Daxter... and what about Rachet and Clank? Do they have to be non-GH?

Also, are the PSOne LCD Combos (the ones with the system included) 90% off??[/quote]

They aren't 90% off but they are clearenced out. You should check the price.

I hit up all three major shopping districts in Pittsburgh this afternoon. I picked up a little from each to end up with this list. I already traded some in at a local game exchange and have received $65 credit for about 10 games. A majority of the rest are either shipping out to EB or going on my tradelist. Please PM me if you want anything on here. I’m open to all offers.

XBOX
$2-Minority Report
$2.50-Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (2x)
$2-Matt Hoffman Pro BMX
$2-Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
$1-Spy Hunter
$1-Mojo
$.50-Exhibition 2
$2-Blood Omen 2

PS2
$20-Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution [19.99 green tagged rang up without the discount…I’ll be taking care of this soon]
$1-eJay Clubworld
$1-Mad Maestro (2x)
$1-Music Maker
$1.50 Primal (4x)

GAMECUBE
$1-R:Racing Evolution (3x)

GBA
$3-Dark Arena
$2-Onimusha Tactics

DREAMCAST
$1.20-DC Sports Bundle
$1-World Series Baseball 2K2

N64
$5-Mega Man 64

PS1
$10-Intec 5” LCD car portable
$1-PS1 carry case
$2-PS1 Car Battery Cord
$3-Saga Frontier 2 (3x)
$4-Breath of Fire IV (2x)
$1.50-Crash 3

Total: $99.69 spent…Although, it should really be a little over $80 after I take care of that BS Virtua Fighter robbery.

What I go:

2D Sound System - $3.00
PS2 8 MB Expanison - $2.48
DC Sports 3-paco - $1.20
Primal (ps2) - $1.50

Went to EB and traded in primal, with 5 other games, $34 credit.

[quote name='c'][quote name='gsr']whoa..

Also, are the PSOne LCD Combos (the ones with the system included) 90% off??[/quote]

I picked up 2 Jak & Daxters, both GH. One rang up $2.00, the other $19.99. One had a sticker with a new barcode over the original barcode. I'm not sure which one rang up $2.00.

I might check this out tomorrow. All the other times though my Toys R Us had nothing good for sale. The best items were a DC sports three pack and GB Printer paper :roll:

[quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

I saved $271.46[/quote]

Wanna pick one up for me? It is 90% off at yours, right?[/quote]

I'm going back anyway...assuming they're still there, sure I'll pick one up.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy'][quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Romance of the Kingdoms VIII[/quote]

I loathe you.[/quote]

I would have been able to nab one of these but the cashier who rung me up admitted that he had stashed it away before they opened.

[quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='oleander'][quote name='tcrash247'][quote name='SGT Killjoy']my grabs:

GBA Space Channel 5
PS2 Jedi Starfighter
PS2 Fatal Frame
PS2 Jak and Daxter
PS2 Spy Hunter
PS2 Mad Maestro x 2
DC Virtua Tennis
DC PSO Version 2
DC Tennis 2k2
DC Quake 3 Arena
N64 Perfect Dark
N64 Pokemon Snap
PC Homeworld
PC Yuris Revenge

I saved $271.46[/quote]

Wanna pick one up for me? It is 90% off at yours, right?[/quote]

I'm going back anyway...assuming they're still there, sure I'll pick one up.[/quote]

Would you mind picking up an extra one for me if they have anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back