Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
RightStuf is having a Halloween sale where a bunch of horror or downer manga and anime series are on sale. It's basically a glorified Weekly sale, but there might be something up there.

Got the same email from Amazon. Damn right I approve. At 20 bucks this movie will be well worth it if comes out at least

Edit: from my understanding amazon has maxed out on preorders and is wondering if anyone who  preordered it from what will be a year ago still remembers or wants it. more so the anime is now unavailable both the dvd and blu ray versions.

should've picked up another copy to sell off. oh well

Ever since I've joined CAG more specifically this forum I've saved so much money on anime and have become more conscientious about bootlegs and the have nots.

Bootlegs are getting more and more closer to the real thing. Can't even chance an anime legends set for fear of getting a bootleg. Gundam bootlegs are big and so are other more popular anime.

Be smart and CAG on

Ever since I've joined CAG more specifically this forum I've saved so much money on anime and have become more conscientious about bootlegs and the have nots.

Bootlegs are getting more and more closer to the real thing. Can't even chance an anime legends set for fear of getting a bootleg. Gundam bootlegs are big and so are other more popular anime.

Be smart and CAG on
It just makes me wonder why I bought the Gundam Seed Collection from yesterday...I mean, the chances are so high that it's a fake because its an Anime Legends collection. It wasn't much money mind you, but still you all know I spend too much on the 20% sales as is so why didn't I spend more! =D

Seriously though, I won't buy many expensive DVD collections again and I'll take a serious look at the Trading section here to see what is around (and legitimate). I still have to find out if the Collections I have are real or not.

Thanks for the links for Thundercats and Young Justice (Invasion) as well!

Well in no way do I support bootleggers but unless it's a series in which I know will not get a U.S release then I might buy a series such as Naoki Urasamas Monster

Weird, I could've sworn that all of those releases of NGE were 7 disc.
Unless there is a re-release I was not aware of, it is 7 discs. I had the Holiday set and that was 7 discs. Eventually traded up to the Platinum tin set and that one is both 7 discs and in clear cases.

EDIT: Yep. Missing Volume 7, which is Kaworu.

EDITx2: The Star Child thing is a bit stupid since the case art isn't even. Volume 4 is pushed way up there. That is in no way a bootleg-only problem as I have had plenty of legit releases from all companies anime and non- that have had case art pushed way up or way down.

Well in no way do I support bootleggers but unless it's a series in which I know will not get a U.S release then I might buy a series such as Naoki Urasamas Monster
This greatly disappointed me, after the first part release by viz then *poof* no more Monster. Then SciFi does a run of it, further putting salt in my wounds.

1. Torrent Monster

2. Put it on an external hard drive

3. Get a BR player with a USB slot

4. ???

5. Profit

Because fan subs edit out nothing.

It just makes me wonder why I bought the Gundam Seed Collection from yesterday...I mean, the chances are so high that it's a fake because its an Anime Legends collection. It wasn't much money mind you, but still you all know I spend too much on the 20% sales as is so why didn't I spend more! =D

Seriously though, I won't buy many expensive DVD collections again and I'll take a serious look at the Trading section here to see what is around (and legitimate). I still have to find out if the Collections I have are real or not.

Thanks for the links for Thundercats and Young Justice (Invasion) as well!
That's why I've been collecting the Gundam series on singles. I want to get 00 but so many bootlegs out there. Should have got Dukes copy when he put it up on his eBay. Singles are easier and not boots at least that i know. Be careful with who you trade with on here. Some have gotten banned or suspended

Unless there is a re-release I was not aware of, it is 7 discs. I had the Holiday set and that was 7 discs. Eventually traded up to the Platinum tin set and that one is both 7 discs and in clear cases.

EDIT: Yep. Missing Volume 7, which is Kaworu.

EDITx2: The Star Child thing is a bit stupid since the case art isn't even. Volume 4 is pushed way up there. That is in no way a bootleg-only problem as I have had plenty of legit releases from all companies anime and non- that have had case art pushed way up or way down.

The NGE Platinum thinpak set cut it down to 6 discs by removing some of the extras found in the various 7 volume sets.
Yeah, I can confirm to this as I've had every dvd release at one point or another, minus the tin one. The thinpak verison was the only release to have 6 discs to my knowledge.

Looking through these conversations just reminds me how much of a pain in the ass--and pain in the wallet--it is to try and own all of the Gundam series. I'm glad that I only have 4-7 of Unicorn left to get for English releases. Honestly, they release them in unattractive packages--Anime Legends sets are just gross looking--they skip blu-ray localizations or release them as such at an exorbitant price--such as Unicorn--and now things are going OOP because of Bandai and we have to deal with a flood of bootlegs--hell, my first 08th MS team set was a bootleg. Such an annoying series to try and legitimately own.

Looking through these conversations just reminds me how much of a pain in the ass--and pain in the wallet--it is to try and own all of the Gundam series. I'm glad that I only have 4-7 of Unicorn left to get for English releases. Honestly, they release them in unattractive packages--Anime Legends sets are just gross looking--they skip blu-ray localizations or release them as such at an exorbitant price--such as Unicorn--and now things are going OOP because of Bandai and we have to deal with a flood of bootlegs--hell, my first 08th MS team set was a bootleg. Such an annoying series to try and legitimately own.
Unicorn is expensive to collect but if you're buying them from RightStuf then you're getting a genuine release. If you go the eBay route it may or may not be a glorified bootleg.

Gundam indeed is a pain to collect. I do not see myself getting any anime legends set solely because it may likely be a bootleg. How many people are buying out 00 Season 1 for 20 bucks. An OOP release. Too many

08th MS is expensive to get the legends set but the individuals will run you about 40 bucks altogether. Now 0080 war in the pocket that thing is flooded with boots.

At least i can rest easy knowing that all my gundam is legit

If i want to buy escaflowne, should i wait for a rerelease or should i hunt down an anime legends or super legends copy?

Has there been anymore details on rightstuf's deal with Bandai?  I'm trying to decide if I should continue looking for the original gundam's volumes.  You hardly see any of the series on ebay.  I don't want to spend a hundred or more to finish the set if they are going to do a new release. 

So, a lot of those gundam anime legends set's are bootlegs?

At least we got the Gundam License back.

I hope the bluray release of Mobile Suit Gundam is like the memorial edition they did in Japan. Now that is something I'd fork over 200 for. Collectible packaging, some nice features, artwork, and all that plus blu ray high def gundam. can't pass that up. 

i haven't watched the original gundam in full. namely just a few episodes here and there. but i did finish collecting all the movies which are a retelling of the series and more logical and i love it so much. really good. crisp animation. great subs. 

True, and I hope it leads to more localizations, more blu-rays, affordable re-releases, and more attractive packaging. Well, it's okay to dream, right? :3
It'll be an even greater year if we get Gundam Blu Rays. :lol: As long as Rightstuf doesn't go stupid on us.

I hope the bluray release of Mobile Suit Gundam is like the memorial edition they did in Japan. Now that is something I'd fork over 200 for. Collectible packaging, some nice features, artwork, and all that plus blu ray high def gundam. can't pass that up.

i haven't watched the original gundam in full. namely just a few episodes here and there. but i did finish collecting all the movies which are a retelling of the series and more logical and i love it so much. really good. crisp animation. great subs.
I'm glad you enjoy the movies, but one must wonder how you came to the judgment that the abridged re-telling is more 'logical' without having seen the original? :3

Considering RightStuf has yet to do any Blu-rays for any of their series, holding out for those will make you die of old age.

Their standard pattern is to release part or season sets in a cardboard box thinpak set with a booklet or some other bonus, as well as any bonus footage stuff they can acquire and do a Litebox version a few years later.

Also, RightStuf has not done any new dubs since they relaunched their anime division, so expect any new series to be sub-only unless Bandai/Sunrise kicks in money.

^The Origin OVA is getting a dub. They seem to being doing fine without doing blu-rays; so no reason for them to change that.

I will be let down without blurays--seriously, it's 2014 ffs--but I would be extremely on the fence for even buying a sub only release. I hope they view the Gundam IP as being worth putting in the time and money to get it dubbed.

I will be let down without blurays--seriously, it's 2014 ffs--but I would be extremely on the fence for even buying a sub only release. I hope they view the Gundam IP as being worth putting in the time and money to get it dubbed.
You gotta remember that dvds in general still outsell blu-rays. Considering the older Gundam shows never did well here,I don't expect them to do blu-rays off the bat with them. If they do well,then they might do them down the line. The only one that is going to get blu-ray here is Reconguista in G considering Bandai is trying that sell that license to someone to someone else.

Seeing that Evangelion bootleg make me cringe, as you know you'll see more of it as it's out of print and going up in price. I'm starting to see why Amazon is cracking down on sellers of anime DVDs(for piracy concerns) when I see issues like that.

I'm glad you enjoy the movies, but one must wonder how you came to the judgment that the abridged re-telling is more 'logical' without having seen the original? :3
Probably the same reason I enjoyed it, condensed the story and made it more reasonable to understand. They really didn't cut that much out besides a few side stories and dead spots from the tv series. Plus the animation got a bigger budget for those movies, so that it doesn't look as bad.

As for Unicorn BRs, yeah, Bandai Visual Japan is the one handling those. As it's basically an import Japanese BR with an English dub on.

You gotta remember that dvds in general still outsell blu-rays. Considering the older Gundam shows never did well here,I don't expect them to do blu-rays off the bat with them. If they do well,then they might do them down the line.
I would be curious to see if that's actually true. Especially with how Funimation--who, in my opinion at least, have an enormous market share--tend to focus so heavily on Blu-rays. Hell, I'd be curious if that's even true for regular movies. Blu-ray and HD TVs have such a high adoption rate these days, and the cost of owning movies on Blu-ray is no longer prohibitively expensive. Throw in that there are often more specific sales for Blu-ray versions of movies/anime/TV shows and the fact that a lot of items come with both, it just seems like Blu-ray editions would be much higher sellers. I'd be curious to actually see some sales data for all this, though, as all the logical reasons in the world don't always translate to actual market trends.

However, the vast majority of TV shows are released DVD-only still not to mention DVDs are sold in not only big places like Walmart and Best Buy, but in also every convince store, grocery store, and dollar store around.

There are also many, many companies out there that sell their products only online or in specialty stores. Most Blu-ray releases in major general chains are from the major studios like WB and Fox, but there are dozens of independent companies out there. And the majority of them produce DVDs.

I spoke with some people on here and basically the verdict was that the movies took out a ton of dead spots, fillers, useless side stories and stuff that doesn't make sense in terms of weapons and dialogues. the animation is amazing and the voicing is great.

like i said i've seen some of the original but not enough. i was more into wing and other shows. now i'm a huge gundam fanatic and own Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed *save for 2 volumes*, 0080, Gundam the Movie 1-3, and 08th ms team.

No, it is just in a standard size case instead of a clamshell box. Never seen one used for the G Gundam sets, only Bebop and Geass.

Unicorn is expensive to collect but if you're buying them from RightStuf then you're getting a genuine release. If you go the eBay route it may or may not be a glorified bootleg.
I ended up with the Unicorn bootlegs via eBay. Though, considering how much money I ended up saving, I'm not going to complain.

If i want to buy escaflowne, should i wait for a rerelease or should i hunt down an anime legends or super legends copy?
Be wary of anime legends bootlegs

I ended up with the Unicorn bootlegs via eBay. Though, considering how much money I ended up saving, I'm not going to complain.
Unless I get burned I'm always gonna get the real thing

No, it is just in a standard size case instead of a clamshell box. Never seen one used for the G Gundam sets, only Bebop and Geass.
Exactly. I've never seen one of these ever used. Gundam has had the big cases. Keep in mind its coming from the same person who sent me Code Geass R2 and is selling all those ghibli boots. Wasn't planning on collecting G anyways.

like i said i've seen some of the original but not enough. i was more into wing and other shows. now i'm a huge gundam fanatic and own Wing, Endless Waltz, Seed *save for 2 volumes*, 0080, Gundam the Movie 1-3, and 08th ms team.
I own Wing, Seed, 08th MS team, etc, and I don't consider myself a Gundam fanatic in any means...

Edit: Hmm. I paid $16.79 for 08th MS Team. Tempted to sell it.

I own Wing, Seed, 08th MS team, etc, and I don't consider myself a Gundam fanatic in any means...

Edit: Hmm. I paid $16.79 for 08th MS Team. Tempted to sell it.
I'd consider buying it from you IF you decide to sell it. I'm starting to build my gundam collection even though I have yet to see a single episode of any gundam series lol

r3S6tzJ.jpg

North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced on Tuesday that it has acquired the rights for the anime Wanna Be the Strongest in the World (Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!). The company plans to release the series on Blu-ray and DVD in 2015 with an English dub.

Funimation will begin streaming all 12 episodes with English subtitles on Tuesday 1:00 p.m.

The series premiered last October and Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired.

ESE and Kiyohito Natsuki launched the original Wanna Be the Strongest in the World manga in the inaugural issue of Comic Earth Star in 2011. Rion Kujo (Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, Ikki Tousen: Shūgaku Tōshi Keppu-roku) directed the series at the studio ARMS (MAOYU, Ikki Tousen) and Rin-Sin (Queen's Blade, Ikki Tousen) designed the characters.

Funimation describes the story:

The eye-popping world of women's professional wrestling is sweaty, sadistic, and savagely sexy. Famous Japanese pop idol Sakura Hagiwara is better suited for the dance floor than the wrestling ring, but this ravishing songstress is about to put her body to the ultimate test. When she and fellow idol Elena are assigned to pose as wrestlers for a very special show, a vicious lady brawler by the name of Rio decides to teach the girls a lesson they won't soon forget. Rio unleashes a flurry of ferocious of attacks on Elena, contorting her divine female form into an array of very naughty positions. Shocked by the blush-inducing beating taken by her friend, Sakura vows to get her heavenly curves ready to rumble and redeem the good name of idols everywhere by becoming a bona fide diva of the pro-wrestling world.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-28/funimation-licenses-wanna-be-the-strongest-in-the-world-wrestling-anime/.80423

Per moonphase @ br.com

bread's done
Back