Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='dmaul1114']Which do you guys think is more beneficial? Stopping Power or Double Tap.

I flipped back and forth last night and was struggling to tell which did more damage.[/QUOTE]

I've only used Double Tap once or twice for shits and giggles. I threw Double Tap on my M60E4 and while it was awesome to see it spray bullets as fast if not faster than the SAW, it was rediculously hard to control.

I personally go with slight of hand on everything, as I'm fairly accurate with everything the way it is, and if I can have more bullets quicker thats about all I need.

[quote name='anomynous']I call it now

5 maps for $10[/quote]

Considering that's what the two CoD 3 map packs were I would say that's correct. At least it's better than 2.5 maps for $10 like Bungie/Microsoft want with Halo. I will pay $10 for 5 maps, especially if they make a 6th one free like they did with CoD 3.

About time with the maps.

I played in the morning the last two games, and I'm always in a room filled with people from Japan. It's weird.

Normally I'd be pissing on paid map packs but the MP is so good and certain game types like Ground War definitely need more variety. The only part that bugs me is that most of the current maps seem to be based off the campaign, but I'll give them a pass.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here, signed up maybe an hour ago.

I've been looking for information about prestige levels, most interested in the 10th prestige. I've used the search option and happened to find this thread. I'm hearing rumors that InfinityWard is doing something special for the people who have done the 10th prestige, and maybe fixing up the accuracy on the ACOG scope. Any truth to this? Couldn't find anything about it in the first post of this thread.

I've prestiged once, won't do it again for a couple of weeks...unless there's something else you get than a golden cross at 10th prestige.

[quote name='Kronik Khaos X']Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here, signed up maybe an hour ago.

I've been looking for information about prestige levels, most interested in the 10th prestige. I've used the search option and happened to find this thread. I'm hearing rumors that InfinityWard is doing something special for the people who have done the 10th prestige, and maybe fixing up the accuracy on the ACOG scope. Any truth to this? Couldn't find anything about it in the first post of this thread.

I've prestiged once, won't do it again for a couple of weeks...unless there's something else you get than a golden cross at 10th prestige.[/quote]

If the 10th level die hard prestiege people only get fixed weapons....that would be truly fucked up...No need to give the mighty more power.

No the fix is for ALL, it's just taking some time to implement the changes, were slowly getting Map fixes and some new kill Cams, but it should all be done before the new maps come out. and yes I Have seen the new kill cams.....I was killed by a Missle from a Helicopter and saw the missle shoot from the chopper right onto my head.

You don't get jack shit for doing Prestige, which is pretty much bullshit. I don't even want something substantial, how about different color gun cammos or even slightly different costumes or something?

[quote name='Mojimbo']You don't get jack shit for doing Prestige, which is pretty much bullshit. I don't even want something substantial, how about different color gun cammos or even slightly different costumes or something?[/quote]It'd be great to customize your character, like Halo. Though, there would have to be 3 characters to customize; American, Russian, and Arabian (or whatever) for team games. It might be kinda stupid though, a lot of people would have a Ghillie suit on.
If it's one thing I'd like to have customizable, it's having a weapon of your choice to be golden. The weapons that can be golden by default, most of them I don't even like or use. Even so, the gold is a bit over-rated. What about silver? Or some other camo pattern?

I personally think they should go the route of SOCOM a little bit and before people say anything, I am talking about with ghillie suits adding some weight and slowing you down, as well as perks like the RPGs. Now I think the people that go to prestige 10 should get something that others dont, because it takes a while to prestige up if you are playing deathmatch and domination like I do. I am currently a 36 on my 8th prestige and that has taken me probably 4-5 hours worth of playing time.

They also need to go the route of Rainbow Six a little and allow the host to ban certain weapons/perks. I would love to play an entire game without someone using 3x frag, a grenade launcher, juggernaut, last stand, or martyrdom. RPG's dont bother me since it does take some skill to use with the way they curve. I just think it would make the game a little more enjoyable since I would run into better players more often than not in a room with those blocked.

Another thing I would like to see added is a silencer for the M21 like in "All Ghillied Up" since shooting the sniper gives away position so easy and the only way to stay in a good vantage point is to have good teammates that can give you cover. Now the bolt action and the .50 Cal shouldn't get these, but should receive some kind of special camo to blend in better, nothing like the barrel of the Barrett laying on the ground in the grass for everyone to see and I don't feel the camo's they allow on it hide them well.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc6bQKWRZY[/media]
Weird ass glitch :whistle2:s
A dude actually ends up playing as a Sabatoge crate with a car on top of it. Yes, you read that right. And funny comment at about 2:30.

*Votes to replace "Heres a bunny with a pankake on its head" with "Heres a sabatoge container with a car on its head."*

[quote name='moojuice']http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc6bQKWRZY
Weird ass glitch :whistle2:s
A dude actually ends up playing as a Sabatoge crate with a car on top of it. Yes, you read that right. And funny comment at about 2:30.

*Votes to replace "Heres a bunny with a pankake on its head" with "Heres a sabatoge container with a car on its head."*[/quote]

To quote my idol Chris Farley, "I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that... was... *awesome*. "

And also...wtf??

Is there anyway you can see detailed stats like in Halo 3? Or at least records from your last few games? I just went 51-10 and I wanna show my brother.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']I personally think they should go the route of SOCOM a little bit and before people say anything, I am talking about with ghillie suits adding some weight and slowing you down, as well as perks like the RPGs. Now I think the people that go to prestige 10 should get something that others dont, because it takes a while to prestige up if you are playing deathmatch and domination like I do. I am currently a 36 on my 8th prestige and that has taken me probably 4-5 hours worth of playing time.
[/QUOTE]

I've always though a prestige 10 who's completed all the challenges should get all gold guns (like every one of the guns being gold).

[quote name='Nealocus123']Is there anyway you can see detailed stats like in Halo 3? Or at least records from your last few games? I just went 51-10 and I wanna show my brother.[/QUOTE]
No, you can just look at leaderboards in game.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']I personally think they should go the route of SOCOM a little bit and before people say anything, I am talking about with ghillie suits adding some weight and slowing you down, as well as perks like the RPGs. Now I think the people that go to prestige 10 should get something that others dont, because it takes a while to prestige up if you are playing deathmatch and domination like I do. I am currently a 36 on my 8th prestige and that has taken me probably 4-5 hours worth of playing time.

They also need to go the route of Rainbow Six a little and allow the host to ban certain weapons/perks. I would love to play an entire game without someone using 3x frag, a grenade launcher, juggernaut, last stand, or martyrdom. RPG's dont bother me since it does take some skill to use with the way they curve. I just think it would make the game a little more enjoyable since I would run into better players more often than not in a room with those blocked.

Another thing I would like to see added is a silencer for the M21 like in "All Ghillied Up" since shooting the sniper gives away position so easy and the only way to stay in a good vantage point is to have good teammates that can give you cover. Now the bolt action and the .50 Cal shouldn't get these, but should receive some kind of special camo to blend in better, nothing like the barrel of the Barrett laying on the ground in the grass for everyone to see and I don't feel the camo's they allow on it hide them well.[/quote]

I'd just like there to be an option to turn off kill cam, that shit always gives your position away.

[quote name='yukine']I'd just like there to be an option to turn off kill cam, that shit always gives your position away.[/QUOTE]
Hardcore doesn't have kill cams.

I'm not sure if you know that, but you may enjoy it.

[quote name='plastikpyro']so i started playing COD4 a week ago and now I can't stop. I think I need help...[/quote]
Don't worry it'll eventually die down in a few weeks, like all games do. Enjoy it while it last.

[quote name='Littlefields']Don't worry it'll eventually die down in a few weeks, like all games do. Enjoy it while it last.[/quote]

Speak for yourself and no one else.

[quote name='yukine']I'd just like there to be an option to turn off kill cam, that shit always gives your position away.[/QUOTE]

yeah, they need to make rooms able to be custom more. hardcore has no kill cam like the other guy said, but they need to make it like the private matches with the option of turning it off. i personally would leave it on since there is a lot of shoulder glitching in this game (if you played rainbow six vegas, you know what i am talking about). it is not a full blown glitch, but it makes them nearly impossible to see or hit without having deep impact to shoot through the wall at them. i have also seen peoples guns sticking through the wall to be able to shoot me because of the kill cam which is a glitch, so they need to leave in on to catch stuff like this IMO.

[quote name='-BigC-']Cant have custom gametypes for ranked, would let people play to there specific advantage and stat boost.[/QUOTE]

They stat boost already in team tactical, so not really. Have you looked at kill streaks on the leaderboards? over 100+ kill streaks for people under a 2 k/d, so what you said wont matter anyways.

I have also seen people with a 13.99 k/d ratio and people with golden weapons that couldn't hit me when I stood still, so I honestly doubt they could get all those headshots without doing the team tactical glitch as well.

You cant cheat your way to get all your stats, but if you can modify the gametype then basically you are cheating to boost your stats. Whos gonna host a room with game options they arent good at?

I am open to most things, I would restrict certain perks and people that wouldn't want those perks should be able to join as well. If you ever played SOCOM on the PS2, it showed how the room was set up. It showed the restrictions, etc. so that you could pick what you prefer to play. They could also add pings to the room and let you choose which one you go in like Rainbow Six Vegas. There is a lot of different options they could do that I think would make the game a little more enjoyable. I would personally stay away from matches that allowed grenade launchers and perks like juggernaut so I played with people I feel would give me a real challenge. I can kill people that use juggernaut just fine, I just prefer not to play against them since that perk annoys me.

[quote name='zewone']Hardcore doesn't have kill cams.

I'm not sure if you know that, but you may enjoy it.[/quote]
Yeah, it's not bad. Lots of asshats playing though, I accidentally killed one of my teammates because he ran into my line of fire and he went fucking crazy and him and his butt buddy would just team kill me when I spawned. :roll:

Might just have to play hardcore as a sniper only.

by the way, you can cheat to get all your stats as well. in the team tactical glitch, that is how people have over 100% accuracy, that is how they get the insane k/d ratios and kill streaks, that is also meaning a free win for them as well.

Sorry I couldn't play, Khondor and Wet Ninja, I was having router problems. For some reason my router decided to be a piece of shit and no settings could change my NAT settings to anything but "strict." And since it was set to that, I could not get in to a game. I think I'm going to be shopping for an "Xbox Compatible Router" this week.

[quote name='valor19']Sorry I couldn't play, Khondor and Wet Ninja, I was having router problems. For some reason my router decided to be a piece of shit and no settings could change my NAT settings to anything but "strict." And since it was set to that, I could not get in to a game. I think I'm going to be shopping for an "Xbox Compatible Router" this week.[/QUOTE]

No problem. We had some good matches, but we didn't stay on too late.

Are the router problems something you just started having? I think I remember being able to play with you a couple of weeks ago.

Anybody else notice the surge of asshats that are starting to play this game. I played about 8 matches of hardcore team deathmatch last night, and in 3 of them, 2 guys on our own team were just team killing the whole f-ing time... We played on Wet Works, their were 6 of us and 2 of the asshats were team killing us and we still only lost by 20 points in the end... Then we asked the host to kick them and all the whole other team would talk about was how awesome they did in the match... what a waste. We all filed complaints but I seriously doubt anything will happen. I feel like all I do anymore is file complaints about team killing morons.

[quote name='valor19']Sorry I couldn't play, Khondor and Wet Ninja, I was having router problems. For some reason my router decided to be a piece of shit and no settings could change my NAT settings to anything but "strict." And since it was set to that, I could not get in to a game. I think I'm going to be shopping for an "Xbox Compatible Router" this week.[/QUOTE]

It was quite strange that we were able to play a couple of games without any issues, and then all of a sudden it wouldn't let you in to any of the matches. Its almost as if your router decided to lock down. Out of curiosity, have you looked at the guide in this forum for opening up a port on your router? I had some lingering issues with XBL until I put my 360 in a DMZ.

anyone encounter a glitch where you knife someone dead center in their chest/back and they don't die? Pretty annoying because the guy turns and kills me instead. I watch the kill cam and it shows me missing the guy entirely. The animation looks like I landed the stab and makes that knife plunging sound but the knife is stuck in the air?

[quote name='plastikpyro']anyone encounter a glitch where you knife someone dead center in their chest/back and they don't die? Pretty annoying because the guy turns and kills me instead. I watch the kill cam and it shows me missing the guy entirely. The animation looks like I landed the stab and makes that knife plunging sound but the knife is stuck in the air?[/QUOTE]

That's usually indicative of lag I think. Looked like you hit him, but in reality he had moved out of range so it gets goofy.

I've seen it a couple of times where I thought I'd knifed the guy, and in the kill cam I see that he knifed me and my knife never even came out.

Odd as I pretty much always have the full 4 bars showing the lobby screen for my connection strength.

Okay after having bought the game day 1 and not opening it till a few weeks ago and then still not playing it. I put it in this Sunday and have not taken it out. I was hard core into Halo 3 (for me atleast) just a fun competative game so I didnt want to get into two FPS too heavily but here I am. I didnt want to go online at first dispite the 15 or so ppl on my FL who were playing the hell out of this and sending requests. I did cave on Tue and got to lvl 10. Super perk system, Halo 3 is missing that, I mean I got the Katana but what real value is there in that?

Anyway so last night I beat it on veteran and OMG was that hard. It was harder then beating Halo 3 on legendary solo. I did so many missing 20+ times it was sick. I was mad as hell several times and thank God the 360 controllers can with stand a throw. I felt much of veteran was nearly impossible and the only thing keeping me going was the thought that others had beat it so there had to be a way. I have not finnished mile high club yet but I will give it a shot tonight. I stayed up late the past two nights to finnish this quickly.

So anyway look for me online Ill be the noob using the wrong gun and the wrong time, tossing granades when I mean to reload, dam Halo 3 reflex.

Well of course there are ways to make your stats look better, even ways to flat out cheat to do it. But if you allow custom ranked matches then that is just letting everyone cheat imo. Would you make a game with options you weren't good at?

[quote name='dmaul1114']That's usually indicative of lag I think. Looked like you hit him, but in reality he had moved out of range so it gets goofy.

I've seen it a couple of times where I thought I'd knifed the guy, and in the kill cam I see that he knifed me and my knife never even came out.

Odd as I pretty much always have the full 4 bars showing the lobby screen for my connection strength.[/quote]I fucking hate the knife for those exact reasons. I'd rather just no scope the bastards with a .50cal than use a knife

[quote name='BREVITY']
So anyway look for me online Ill be the noob using the wrong gun and the wrong time, tossing granades when I mean to reload, dam Halo 3 reflex.[/quote]I hear ya man, totally. Always happens to me when I transition from Halo to CoD4. And switching from CoD4 to Halo, I keep dropping my bubble shield (or whatever) when I want to reload. Argh! I didn't want to use that yet!

bread's done
Back