Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

the random grenades do get really annoying (ive been killed on more than a few occasions by grenades that were literally thrown straight up)...but i do use the grenade launcher attachment on the a.k. alot, but i rarely shoot them across the map at the beginning of a match like alot of people do. its a good way to clear out small spaces while playing h.q and domination

and another thing i stopped playing this game online for about two weeks, and when i started playing again this week it seems like everyone uses either juggernaut, martyrdom or both

[quote name='retail sucks']As far as x3 Frag Grenades most other FPS games allow more than 2-3 frags per character anyway but they usually have 'friendly fire" too. I understand what some are saying people will never even fire a shot and do nothing except throw random frags. The real problem is "no friendly fire" in the game.[/QUOTE]

So out of stun grenades, flash grenades, and frag grenades, do any of them damage your teammates?

[quote name='Wet Ninja']So out of stun grenades, flash grenades, and frag grenades, do any of them damage your teammates?[/quote]

no, unless your in hardcore. Which reminds me, can you hurt people on the other team with flashes, or stuns, or both?

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']no, unless your in hardcore. Which reminds me, can you hurt people on the other team with flashes, or stuns, or both?[/QUOTE]

You actually can if you hit them with the nade. It's minimal though, but if they're in last stand they'll die.

claymores do not affect teammates in hardcore. yes, flashbangs and stuns can hurt the other team. 2 stun or flashbangs can kill them, 1 if the are in last stand.

edit: claymores do kill teammates in hardcore, but only if an enemy trips it.

Claymores cant be tripped by your team but they can kill your team, I think it goes that way in all game modes.

It would be considered to me cheating if you could customize the game like that and play "ranked". Has there ever been a game where you could customize ranked matches? I haven't played one, it allows you to play to your strengths. I don't think it is really cheating but it would be stat boosting...

I went to the perks not being big enough because I was debating the point of it being a issue that would require custom ranked games, really I have played a whole clan of Juggernaut users and all I did was adjust to it. No perk in this game is overpowering enough to make custom ranked games a need from IW

[quote name='-BigC-']Claymores cant be tripped by your team but they can kill your team, I think it goes that way in all game modes.

It would be considered to me cheating if you could customize the game like that and play "ranked". Has there ever been a game where you could customize ranked matches? I haven't played one, it allows you to play to your strengths. I don't think it is really cheating but it would be stat boosting...

I went to the perks not being big enough because I was debating the point of it being a issue that would require custom ranked games, really I have played a whole clan of Juggernaut users and all I did was adjust to it. No perk in this game is overpowering enough to make custom ranked games a need from IW[/QUOTE]

sorry, you are correct with the claymore thing, they can kill them, just not be tripped by them. i still dont see how it is stat boosting when everyone in the room would be playing because of that stuff being disabled. by the way, socom allowed custom ranked matches and it made the game that much more enjoyable for me. i have never played 1 game for a longer time frame than the socom series because of this. i had good and bad matches same as everyone else, they all had the same options i did, so that was stat boosting because it was a custom match style that i enjoyed? if so, i would "stat boost" all day even when i am losing.

i still feel juggernaut is overpowered and nothing anyone says will change my opinion on that. i have no problem with it in hardcore since they still die in a decent amount of shots, but when it takes an entire clip to kill someone with juggernaut and last stand because they have that second of invincibility while they are dropping to the ground, i have a problem with that.

that being said, there is nothing i can do at this point to change that, so i am going to stop discussing this matter. i would enjoy custom matches and i think it would make the game last longer for me, but i am doubting this will happen since IW doesnt look in our forums.

[quote name='-BigC-']Yea but are grenades meant to be thrown nearly straight into the air and over buildings? I mean they throw them just up in the air toward the headquarters and get kills(I do it to btw) and you get quiet a bit of kills that way without ever really doing anything. Then you respawn and do it again until the other team is dead. I haven't seen any real perk that is that game effecting for any other game type then 3x frag in headquarters[/QUOTE]

If you're running straight into the HQ when it pops up, then yes, you should expect to get naded.

I nade the shit out of the HQ whenever possible.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']no, unless your in hardcore. Which reminds me, can you hurt people on the other team with flashes, or stuns, or both?[/QUOTE]

You can, they don't do much damage, but I actually finished off a guy with a Smoke grenade the other day, I didn't know that was even possible, I must have hit him right in the eye or something...

I started playing Headquarters more and I really like it. I think most people are there for the high kills though. I'm more concerned with capturing the HQ than my teammates most of the time. This one dude on my team was talking about how I had been killed the most, but I had captured the HQ 5 times. Go figure.

I wish they had online stats like Halo 3.

A couple of matches ago was of of my bests. It was on the map that mostly indoors and everyone uses shotguns with a little outside area. Anyways, I can't remember what I went as far as k/d but I do remember getting 3 kills with just one grenade and then a couple minutes later got 4 kills with one grenade in the same exact spot.

[quote name='chex20']A couple of matches ago was of of my bests. It was on the map that mostly indoors and everyone uses shotguns with a little outside area. Anyways, I can't remember what I went as far as k/d but I do remember getting 3 kills with just one grenade and then a couple minutes later got 4 kills with one grenade in the same exact spot.[/quote]
Woa! Nice, are you talking about vacant?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I started playing Headquarters more and I really like it. I think most people are there for the high kills though. I'm more concerned with capturing the HQ than my teammates most of the time. This one dude on my team was talking about how I had been killed the most, but I had captured the HQ 5 times. Go figure.

I wish they had online stats like Halo 3.[/quote]
I also found a new found love in Headquarters, and yeah I have the same tactics where I would go and try to capture the HQ and keep dying, but hey almost every time I do happen to capture it. High kills is a bonus to how great of a mode it is.

Just had my best game earlier. 17 kills, 5 assists, 0 deaths. This was on ground war. Unfortunately, didn't get first :( My friend got 27 kills, ? assists, 18? deaths.

This is fucken insane, Its a long Vid but its worth it to watch. its an alternate view of the Charlie dont surf mission that uses real gameplay and Alternate camera angles to make it look like a movie. It also makes you appreciate the detail that IW put into this game that you dont even really notice that often.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrUchGucJvU&feature=related[/media]

Also here's a mod someone created that calls in an Ion laser Cannon instead of airtstrikes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupojhK4MVU&eurl=http://iamfourzerotwo.com/[/media]

[quote name='help1']By the time this update comes out, it will be outdated.[/QUOTE]

I called yesterday for my coffin. Lets make a bet...which will happen first? My XBOX360 comes back from Microsoft or the COD patch is released.

I vote that I get my 360 first.

[quote name='ZForce915']I called yesterday for my coffin. Lets make a bet...which will happen first? My XBOX360 comes back from Microsoft or the COD patch is released.

I vote that I get my 360 first.[/quote]

Apparently they just got the thing back recently because it had major net code issues.,, so they might have to go through the certification again. If so, then your 360 WILL come back first!

The Same guy that made the "Charlie dont surf" movie did another one, kinda somber and mellow but the different angles shown on the "Aftermath" mission are amazing and eerie.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4KhPRmiVE[/MEDIA]

I have no idea whose voice that is.

[quote name='joe2187']This is fucken insane, Its a long Vid but its worth it to watch. its an alternate view of the Charlie dont surf mission that uses real gameplay and Alternate camera angles to make it look like a movie. It also makes you appreciate the detail that IW put into this game that you dont even really notice that often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrUchGucJvU&feature=related

Also here's a mod someone created that calls in an Ion laser Cannon instead of airtstrikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupojhK4MVU&eurl=http://iamfourzerotwo.com/[/quote]

Both the videos are awesome! Nice find. The Charlie don't surf one is really life-like.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome mod...that would have worked well in the game, specially since it is "modern combat" after all.[/QUOTE]

Is that really realistic?

Cool videos Joe ... thanks for posting. If you squint just a little the "cinematic" movie looks just like an action montage from a modern movie. Props to Infinity Ward for continuing to push the envelope graphically.

Silly MS...

sillymsgt8.gif

Is it me or has anyone noticed that the AK has no sway? I thought all Automatics had sway and I'm almost positive that there was sway for the AK since it was my most used weapon.

NM. There is a small bit of sway.

I just played a legit clan in CoD4. These guys were pretty good at Sabotage, mainly because they memorized all our spawn points. Really no fun. It was really weird. Usually I could hold up to the challenge, but this time around it was almost impossible, as if they were holding all the corners with each class doing what they were supposed to do.

In the end, I gave up and realized Sabotage sucks if a clan actually knows how to cover the spawn points. Bah.

^^^i was in a similar situation playing headquarters at wetwork, they got the score up to 240-25 (my team losing of course) then they went and sat at all the respawns and just racked up kills until the time ran out

it was pretty fucking annoying

[quote name='shinryuu']I just played a legit clan in CoD4. These guys were pretty good at Sabotage, mainly because they memorized all our spawn points. Really no fun. It was really weird. Usually I could hold up to the challenge, but this time around it was almost impossible, as if they were holding all the corners with each class doing what they were supposed to do.

In the end, I gave up and realized Sabotage sucks if a clan actually knows how to cover the spawn points. Bah.[/quote]

I find that sometimes in situations like these, eavesdrop is pretty useful. That way you can quickly hide and easily tell were they are going. It's hard to explain but it works.

[quote name='Littlefields']I find that sometimes in situations like these, eavesdrop is pretty useful. That way you can quickly hide and easily tell were they are going. It's hard to explain but it works.[/quote]
Hrm, well, I wasn't expecting to play these hardcore players so Eavesdrop wasn't in any of my custom classes. Also, it seemed they rotated positions when spawn camping, with a sniper in the back. It was really impressive, yet annoying, at the same time.

Yea clans with a game plan will beat 99% of people out there just based off of team work, I don't play Sabotage so I wouldn't know the odds of you being able to do anything against it. I feel your pain though as I have played whole teams where no matter what I did I couldn't reverse the outcome of the game.

[quote name='shinryuu']I just played a legit clan in CoD4. These guys were pretty good at Sabotage, mainly because they memorized all our spawn points. Really no fun. It was really weird. Usually I could hold up to the challenge, but this time around it was almost impossible, as if they were holding all the corners with each class doing what they were supposed to do.

In the end, I gave up and realized Sabotage sucks if a clan actually knows how to cover the spawn points. Bah.[/quote]

You weren't by chance on Crash were you? Cause I have found that level to be an utter bitch for campers/spawn killers.

I don't play Sabotage a lot, just whenever I get bored of whatever mode.

It was on Bog. Sniper on hill, assault rifles near construction thing, SMGs spread around the spawn points = hell, basically.

Finally got the M16 150 headshots challenge taken care of. Months in the making right there. I've gotta say, that red tiger camo is pretty slick.

Now for the AK..

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Finally got the M16 150 headshots challenge taken care of. Months in the making right there. I've gotta say, that red tiger camo is pretty slick.

Now for the AK..[/quote]

I am actually finding that to be one of the easier guns to get 150 headshots with. Although I have reset my prestige a few times, the guns I have gotten the Red Tiger for are:

SAW, MP5, M4, and this time around I will get it for the M16 ( I just started using the gun this time through.)

I am a little disappointed, the m14 has to be one of the most unappreciated guns in the game, but who can blame people when they have the first tier over powered m16. It is over powered, say what you will, the supposed stats for it are inaccurate at best. The rest of the guns in the game i feel are well balanced and reflect the capabilities of their real counterparts, but knowing the history of and the current incarnation of the m16 I cannot believe it o be the power house that it appears to be in this game. There is a reason that the ak47 is a more widely used gun in the world than the m16.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I am a little disappointed, the m14 has to be one of the most unappreciated guns in the game, but who can blame people when they have the first tier over powered m16. It is over powered, say what you will, the supposed stats for it are inaccurate at best. The rest of the guns in teh game i feel are well balanced and reflect the capabilities of their real counterparts, but knowing the history of and the current incarnation of the m16 I cannot believe it o be the power house that it appears to be in this game. There is a reason that the ak47 is a more widely used gun in the world than the m16.[/quote]

I actually like to use the M14 especially once I get the red-dot. It works great on Pipeline once you get up on the roof of the building. It is also pretty effective at Strike and Crash.

[quote name='mvp828']I actually like to use the M14 especially once I get the red-dot. It works great on Pipeline once you get up on the roof of the building. It is also pretty effective at Strike and Crash.[/QUOTE]
Good to know there are other like me out there, as soon as they get the acog situation resolved I may try that

[quote name='mvp828']I actually like to use the M14 especially once I get the red-dot. It works great on Pipeline once you get up on the roof of the building. It is also pretty effective at Strike and Crash.[/quote]

And the one shot headies are nice aswell. I just wish it has less kick.

[quote name='life.exe']And the one shot headies are nice aswell. I just wish it has less kick.[/quote]

True the kick isn't the best. I made it worse once by enabling double tap. That was a catastrophe. I was shooting 10 feet above the guys heads with just 3 trigger pulls.

Well, for those that have ran into matches where the other team just dominates you by killing you at the spawn points it really isn't a way around that. Teamwork is the most important thing on the game especially when people like to camp out. I like to run around but when I know that I'm playing a team that is camping they beat me most of the time.

That is the only that starts to make this game suck in multiplayer is how people have studied the maps so well that they know almost everywhere to hide to get an advantage on others so most matches are who can hold down the hiding place best.

Well you can take solace in the fact that I think the M16 sucks, I'm still all about the M4 Carbine.

I think my disdain for the M16 has to do with my years of playing Counter-Strike, where I'm used to controlling the recoil by shooting in small bursts, I don't like being restricted by having the gun shoot in bursts for me as when I'm up close I like to go full auto and rip into fools.

Just started my third prestiege run. I tell you those Infinity Ward guys know what they were doing with that whole prestiege thing. By the time I get up around 50, I can't wait to be able to earn more XP by restarting because I've basically done everything, and when I restart I've got so few perks and everything is locked, so I want to work hard to unlock it all.

I need to get my G3 back.

Think the g3 is my favorite challenge to do, every time I get done with the m4 I get all happy that I get to use that gun, Then I finish it in 3 games and it makes me sad :(

bread's done
Back