Ceci n'est pas une OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what 360 game I want to get for free. I'm already getting GHIII. Now I don't know if I want Halo 3, Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='Brak']Should I be creeped out right now?

- (7:28:22 PM): i used to have the biggest cruxh on you in school
Brak (7:28:47 PM): Really?
- (7:29:07 PM): yeah
- (7:29:26 PM): if i would have known you w ere a gemini back then
- (7:29:32 PM): lol
Brak (7:29:25 PM): I don't think I remember you from high school.
- (7:29:49 PM): it was a crsh from a distance[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='Kayden']I don't know what 360 game I want to get for free. I'm already getting GHIII. Now I don't know if I want Halo 3, Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata.[/quote]

Eternal Sonata FTW!

I wish I could have finished it before my box broke.

[quote name='TFN']That game was chroo.

So was Mischief Makers, I remember having the imports. :/[/quote]

I still have my mischief makers. damn good treasure game.

Every time I hear the word Gemini, I think of an argument I was having with my ex. I forget why we were fighting, but it may have been about another woman. She said to me, "I always knew you were a Gemini." (This struck me as odd, since we are both Virgoes, with our birthdays being a couple days apart, but I figured I'd play along.) I asked if it was because I am like my buddy, Erik, and she said yes. (Erik is a Gemini, and is somewhat of a ladies' man.) I replied, "I thought that is what you meant, because you are not bright enough to use the word 'Gemini' to make a 'two-faced' insult."

That was one of the best pwnages I ever got on her...

Whatever happened to that Tiny Toons game that Treasure was working on, like, five years ago?

[quote name='Brak']Jet Force Gemini.[/QUOTE]

Awful game.

Speaking of games only nintendo fanboys played,

I played some of that mario galaxy on that wii yesterday at gamestop.

Shit was for :baby:'s

I always think of The Fifth Element when I hear Gemini. (Gemini Croquettes)
And the massive metal guys from FF8 and 9

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Every time I hear the word Gemini, I think of an argument I was having with my ex. I forget why we were fighting, but it may have been about another woman. She said to me, "I always knew you were a Gemini." (This struck me as odd, since we are both Virgoes, with our birthdays being a couple days apart, but I figured I'd play along.) I asked if it was because I am like my buddy, Erik, and she said yes. (Erik is a Gemini, and is somewhat of a ladies' man.) I replied, "I thought that is what you meant, because you are not bright enough to use the word 'Gemini' to make a 'two-faced' insult."

That was one of the best pwnages I ever got on her...[/quote]

Gamecube really gets no love from me. I only want a DS for the Castlevania game and the Wii can't even tempt me with Metroid 3. Sunshine made me nauseous, so I really don't give a shit about Galaxy.

[quote name='Rocko']I often wonder if some of you niggaz are really that biased against Nintendo.[/quote]

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Awful game.

Speaking of games only nintendo fanboys played,

I played some of that mario galaxy on that wii yesterday at gamestop.

Shit was for :baby:'s[/QUOTE]
Was it?

The more I see videos, the more it looks overly simplistic.

[quote name='Rocko']I often wonder if some of you niggaz are really that biased against Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I've asked this before and gotten a bunch of bullshit in response, and I'm willing to bet it was because it was me asking it. So eh.

Mischief Makers: Was pretty good if you turned the volume to zero. Treasure is usually quality.

Plume: Virgos represent. You other bitches can fetch me some wine and peel me some grapes, like the servants you are.

Plume: Doubleplusgood on the virgos paisanos.

[quote name='Strell']I've asked this before and gotten a bunch of bullshit in response, and I'm willing to bet it was because it was me asking it. So eh.

Mischief Makers: Was pretty good if you turned the volume to zero. Treasure is usually quality.

Plume: Virgos represent. You other bitches can fetch me some wine and peel me some grapes, like the servants you are.

Plume: Doubleplusgood on the virgos paisanos.[/quote]

You know, Juggers is a Virgo, too, so the same would go for him. Sadly, he is watered down by his mother's Gemini blood.

No wonder they're known as Virgo the virgin.

[quote name='Strell']I've asked this before and gotten a bunch of bullshit in response, and I'm willing to bet it was because it was me asking it. So eh.

Plume: Doubleplusgood on the virgos paisanos.[/quote]

[quote name='Brak']Was it?

The more I see videos, the more it looks overly simplistic.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hated the whole shooting stars with the Wiimote concept. It's like they decided wiggling the remote to spin wasn't enough so they tossed in shooting stars. It really doesn't fit with Mario at all. Also, this could be because I never really got used to having two separate pieces of controller, but the controls were not as solid as in Mario 64. I have a feeling this is gonna turn out to be as disappointing as sunshine was.

Mario Sunshine actually pissed me off.

I don't think a game has ever done that to me... Where I was infuriated that it even existed.

I thought Mario Galaxy was awesome that hour or so I played it.

When it turned upside down was when I wanted to shoot myself.. but other than that it felt like I was 12 again. :/

[quote name='Kayden']No wonder they're known as Virgo the virgin.[/quote]

Dude, I get so much pussy, I could open up a cat shelter...

...it doesn't really make sense - I just wanted to use that line.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I absolutely hated the whole shooting stars with the Wiimote concept. It's like they decided wiggling the remote to spin wasn't enough so they tossed in shooting stars. It really doesn't fit with Mario at all. Also, this could be because I never really got used to having two separate pieces of controller, but the controls were not as solid as in Mario 64. I have a feeling this is gonna turn out to be as disappointing as sunshine was.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm worried about. I'm afraid the Wiimote controls will be tacked on and unintuitive and will make me hate the game.

I have tried to avoid coverage on the game, but I heard shooting the little stars was for one-ups only, and that a second player could do it anyway, which is a nice little thing, because I doubt my gf has the patience to play the game, but giving her a little task to do while I play it sounds like a great idea.

Additionally, using a quick motion for an attack worked brilliantly in Strikers, so I guess I fail to see the reason it's looked down upon. If you've played Strikers, you know that it helps the gameplay because you can continue what you are doing by keeping all the buttons active, but can throw in a quick attack without having to think about it at all.

Why not...you know, play it on a controller that hasn't been handled by dozens of people, and thus is probably fucked up anyway? I mean if I went to a Gamestop and tried out Gears of War and the control sticks had all turned to shit, I'd probably have a poorly-validated opinion of the game too.

[quote name='Kayden']Gamecube really gets no love from me. I only want a DS for the Castlevania game and the Wii can't even tempt me with Metroid 3. Sunshine made me nauseous, so I really don't give a shit about Galaxy.[/QUOTE]
It's sad how jealous you are, it really is...

[quote name='darthbudge']Grrr. Nero 8 won't install until I uninstall Nero 7 and 7 won't uninstall for me and now I can't watch American Gangster.[/QUOTE]

Why do you need Nero to watch it?

[quote name='Moxio']Why do you need Nero to watch it?[/quote]

I wanna burn it so I can play on my regular DVD player. I could drag my modded xbox out but I don't feel like it.

[quote name='Brak']Mario Sunshine actually pissed me off.

I don't think a game has ever done that to me... Where I was infuriated that it even existed.[/QUOTE]The game did the same to me. I bought it on release for $45 and greatly regretted it. I eventually traded it in and got $8 back.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']The game did the same to me. I bought it on release for $45 and greatly regretted it. I eventually traded it in and got $8 back.[/quote]

...You couldn't have hated it that much to wait until it got $8 trade-in.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Still haven't written that sonnet and it's due tommorow. Turns out I'm actually the least poetic person in the world.

Ideas?[/QUOTE]

Take the 0? write bullshit?

Mario Sunshine was the first game I got for my GC. Some parts were annoying but overall I thought it was pretty good at the time. To be honest, though, I never liked the way the 3D Mario's were structured. I'd rather have actual levels as opposed to a central hub and going around from world to world. But it's not enough to turn me away from the games.

[quote name='Rocko']...You couldn't have hated it that much to wait until it got $8 trade-in.[/QUOTE]Well, I use to not trade-in games, but finally broke out of it.

[quote name='Strell']
Additionally, using a quick motion for an attack worked brilliantly in Strikers, so I guess I fail to see the reason it's looked down upon. If you've played Strikers, you know that it helps the gameplay because you can continue what you are doing by keeping all the buttons active, but can throw in a quick attack without having to think about it at all.
[/QUOTE]
That's funny because I've never found pushing a button to attack to require any thought at all in....well....every game I've ever played. Spinning the controller is much more complicated than pushing a button. Again, the Wii controls feel forced and attacking could have easily been mapped to a button like it was in Mario 64.

[quote name='Strell']
Why not...you know, play it on a controller that hasn't been handled by dozens of people, and thus is probably fucked up anyway? I mean if I went to a Gamestop and tried out Gears of War and the control sticks had all turned to shit, I'd probably have a poorly-validated opinion of the game too.[/QUOTE]

They don't keep the Wii controllers out all the time, you have to ask for it and give them some form of ID to use it (at least at my gamestop). The controller was in perfect condition.

[quote name='Mike23']Take the 0? write bullshit?[/quote]

She says that if she doesn't understand it she'll give you an E. Plus I'd have to produce more bullshit if the asked what it meant.

Can't take the 0, too much at stake.

Write about your black tortured soul, and how it contrasts with your albino skin, and you get rejected by everyone you meet.

Why do you defend Nintendo so much Strell?
I guess it's not as bad as Zewone defending MS though.
I have more respect for you however as you actually pay for your games.

I loved Sunshine, screw you guys.

[quote name='Rocko']Write about your black tortured soul, and how it contrasts with your albino skin, and you get rejected by everyone you meet.[/quote]

That's a good idea. Call it " bullshit" , and have a general tone of anger and hatred in the poem. Plus I'll read it infront of the class. That'd be interesting.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']That's funny because I've never found pushing a button to attack to require any thought at all in....well....every game I've ever played. Spinning the controller is much more complicated than pushing a button. Again, the Wii controls feel forced and attacking could have easily been mapped to a button like it was in Mario 64.

They don't keep the Wii controllers out all the time, you have to ask for it and give them some form of ID to use it (at least at my gamestop). The controller was in perfect condition.[/quote]

Which GS? I don't think I've seen it yet...

They're in GS/EB. I don't think I've seen them actively promote it. Like PR said you have to ask them for the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back